k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The Good

When you think of INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US, you probably think of sadness, tragedy, and brutal, brutal deaths. Sure, there's some good laughs thrown in there, but it's an ugly place that's filled with one terrible event after another and, for the most part, it has been that way since the very first chapter. However, for Tom Taylor's final chapter with the series, he ends things on a surprisingly uplifting and heartwarming note. This universe took a twisted turn when Superman crossed the line and let a terrible event motivate him to enforce change in the world. Instead of helping to guide humanity, he decided to rule it with a steel fist. Naturally, things didn't go well. But in his magically induced coma, Lois Lane didn't die and he didn't kill the Joker. Superman was still able to get the revenge he knew he wanted, but he wasn't the one to make Joker pay for his crime; it was Batman. With just one simple twist (okay, the pun's intentional), Taylor set this alternate universe in a whole new direction and now he's showing what that means for its future.

Instead of things still finding a way to take a downward spiral and turn into all kinds of violent madness, it becomes more and more inspiring and optimistic. When you're through reading this, it'll make you wish someone like Superman really existed so real, positive change could be brought to this world. We certainly need it. Oh, and speaking of which, the writer is very blunt with his message. It's something I imagine a few of you won't be too pleased about, but again, that'll probably only be a small portion of readers and everyone else will agree with what's being said and wish it could really occur. But hey, you can't please everyone, right?

You can really tell this is a send-off issue. Instead of focusing on what made INJUSTICE stand out (shocking moments that'll drop your jaw and leave you stunned), it celebrates these characters and has good-hearted fun playing with the possibility of "what if things didn't go terribly wrong?" It's sweet, and has just the right amount of heart and fan service. There's a few laughs along the way, but this is all about embracing the positive change these heroes can bring about and how things can take a more happy and joyous turn instead of always transforming into darkness, drastic events, and bloodshed.

Bruno Redondo, Juan Albarran, Xermanico and Rex Lokus make sure Taylor's final chapter is a good looking one. It gives all of the heavier and more emotional beats the amount of weight they deserve. Something as simple as a hug between two friends plays out in a clever way and it's sure to warm your heart. Sometimes you can tell when a panel is rushed in this series (this is a weekly digital series so there must be pretty tight deadlines, after all), but that didn't happen here and this one nailed all of the expressions -- something that's obviously critical for a chapter that's focused on character. Even though it's only 20 pages, the layouts and angles did a solid job immersing us in each setting and that prevented it from feeling like too quick of a read. This story spans several years in just 20 pages and it does so in a very satisfying way.

The Bad

If you're unaware this is Taylor's last issue, you'll probably wonder why we've taken such an emotional and sentimental departure from the main story. For everyone else, you'll likely recognize it's a great and very fitting way for him to say goodbye.

Maybe it's just me, but I never thought Lois Lane had any desire to become the President. I'm all for Taylor saying that yes, a female president could and should be a possibility, but I never quite thought of Lois as ever wanting that position. Perhaps reporting the truth wasn't enough and she wanted to be able to make a bigger difference?

The Verdict

Taylor's time with INJUSTICE ends with a chapter that'll have you smiling, feeling a little nostalgic and hoping for a better tomorrow. If this wasn't his final chapter, I'd be disappointed we're taking a break from the bigger picture (especially for a character who's going to get meaner and meaner), but given his love for the Man of Steel and what this alternate universe has done to the iconic hero, it's understandable he wanted his final (for now?) tale to be a far more heartfelt experience. It didn't get my tears flowing, but it sure was touching and a very appropriate way for the writer to leave the series. He's given us plenty of chaos, death, and craziness, so to depart with such a cheerful arc is a much appreciated change of pace. Now I'm left wondering if this dream will impact Kal-El and someone (Wonder Woman?) will convince him he's doing what's necessary. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the consistently awesome stories, Taylor. Brian Buccellato, you're up!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Let it be known forever that Superman's greatest fantasy involves Wonder Woman shacking up with Batman instead of him.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

@saren: one could argue Lois is the better woman

MajkiFajki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I never thought Lois Lane had any desire to become the President.

I think it's more of Superman's fantasy, than "reality". He dreams of her being President, not author of a story :P

Kestrelio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This was a really touching issue. I totally dug Bruce Wayne's classy mustache too.

The political message wouldn't have offended me even if I disagreed with it. I much prefer it when comics support ideas rather than people, such as issues of Green Lantern fantasizing over Obama's presidency.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I loved this issue and i'm incredibly sad to see Taylor go. This entire issue is something i would've liked to see in a else worlds story. It had so many touching parts which almost brought me to tears. Seeing Superman hold his child for the first time. The hug he gave Bruce thanking him for doing what he did. However this will be the last issue i'll be picking up for the series. I know superman is to become the heartless dictator but i would've liked to see a bit of development. All in all this issue made me hate the Joker a lot more than I should.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As Taylor's final issue it surely felt like he ended his run on a high note. I really enjoyed this issue, it reinforces what's amazing about Superman. And in terms of over all continuing story it served as a brief shining beacon of positivity before Supes awakens and the real s#!% storm begins. Good luck to Brian Buccellato, hope he delivers.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#7 frozen  Moderator

@soldierofel: You like Injustice but condemn The Dark Knight Returns?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

I liked injustice for how it began. A broken superman reacting in the heat of the moment. If he wasn't written poorly he would have realised his mistake and maybe gone into exile. That's what I would have expected from the Man Of Steel. Many in the dc universe would have probably said about time someone got rid of the homicidal maniac that likes killing people, but I digress. Because I knew he was going to become a heartless dictator and eventually turn fully evil, I was expecting some development. To see his route down the dark side. Because in the back of his mind, Kal obviously thought he was doing the right thing. But he had the wrong council and that's how he fell even further. Him joining with Sinestro was absurd writing and he wouldn't have done that no matter how much trauma he felt. But it served it's purpose by showing how far he had fallen, stupidly. On the other hand DKR superman became a government dog who was willing to hunt down others around him including his friends. His tag line may have involved the american way but he would never do that full stop. This very issue of Injustice referenced that because he said that he would always be an outsider and his word would never fully get through to the governments. In DKR he blindly followed orders instead of standing up for himself. So for him to see the error of his ways he had to be knocked senseless by the dark knight. Which makes no sense because he would have seen it before. In short both stories are flawed. Injustice tried to show superman fall down but justify his reactions. DKR just showed him as a loyal dog.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 k4tzm4n  Moderator

I never thought Lois Lane had any desire to become the President.

I think it's more of Superman's fantasy, than "reality". He dreams of her being President, not author of a story :P

Sure, I get that. Superman essentially views Lois as a great example of humanity, so she'd be fitting to lead. But part of me feels like that's not what she'd want, and deep down he'd know that? Just speculating, but yeah, it's all taking place in his head and maybe he thinks she just simply deserves that. Either way, that thought didn't impact the score!

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frozen  Moderator

@soldierofel: DKR Superman while a 'Government dog' - was preserving what peace was left during Cold War America. For all his shortcomings, he would never murder an innocent civilian out of pure hatred.

Injustice Superman is a totalitarian dictator who murdered anyone who vocally opposed his dictatorship (referenced in Injustice, including politicians and what-not), killed innocent civilians because he was p*ssed off and murdered Billy Batson, who was essentially a child. This is a pscyho wearing a Superman costume. Honestly, losing to Batman means nothing if the DKR Superman stayed somewhat truer to what Superman is than Injustice did.

Both versions are garbage, but the latter utterly destroys what Superman is and takes an external dump on it. The former at the very least, while a Government stooge, had some sense of control.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Eh. I agree with you in a way. I personally disliked the DKR version more but that's just my opinion. The only thing i liked about injustice was seeing how Superman would react. Everyone, including the superman fans here, thinks he would react differently. That he would maintain his sense of moral uprightness. But this reaction is more human, especially for a guy who never lashes out. It shows that he's human, only problem was that Injustice took it a step too far.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 frozen  Moderator

@soldierofel: Superman should be less human than a human, if that makes sense (not physically, obviously). He has human qualities, but the 'Super' should not simply be limited to his physical ability IMO. For the majority of the time, Superman should have the moral high-ground.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Superman/Batman bro hug though.

Even though it's just his fantasy.

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I really dislike this version of Superman and the direction the Injustice Comics are taking. Dictator Superman just isn´t believeable.... at least how he is portrayed here.

Hope they continue the main story soon so I can see what happens to this dreadful elseworld story. I just want it to end,soon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Again I agree with you. All this is, is just a else worlds look at a admittedly more human superman.

ssj4jw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: Superman has always shown to only think of only one woman when he is married. So his best friend should have his next best woman.

I think the problem is that writers often show Superman has a weaker will to give in than Batman. As he can't handle overwhelming tragedy and quick to go villain.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff85
spacemanspiff85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole fantasy seems like it was designed to get Superman even more furious with Batman.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is gonna b even more pissed when he wakes up lol. Still sigh just don't like this whole oh lois dies i go rogue, but she lives and becomes president i am the best ever and batman marries wonder woman come on man.

Avatar image for romthelegionaire
Romthelegionaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

I enjoyed this issue a lot and now actually want Lara Lane-Kent to be an actual character instead of just a figment of Superman's imagination. My favorite part of the issue was when baby Lara said her first word while holding a Batman toy.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

These last two issues just sound like a total waste of time to me, since all it is, is Superman fantasizing about a dream world that never had a shot at being real.

And as far as I understand, Wonder Woman is going through the same thing... and yet she's fallen completely off the map along with 90% of the remaining DCU.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this supposed to make Superman fans feel better? Really? What Taylor has done is only reinforce that Superman is a lousy hero. He needs things to go his way and that is the only way he can be a noble and good guy, a man of the people who stands up for the oppressed. Instead we get when he can't get it all or be happy go lucky and have it all on a platter...he is a bully and an oppressor and all this even while being raised by the Kents and married to Lois. The Kents and Lois taught him nothing it seemed.

Wonder Woman was used a nothing but a fallguy. They might as well have killed her. She is so out of character from the start it is eye rolling. She was set up to be the whisperer of all things evil while Taylor tried to get us to feel sorry for poor little Super privileged man. And this dream does not redeem Wonder Woman in any way either. If anything it's kind of insulting as well.

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

Let it be known forever that Superman's greatest fantasy involves Wonder Woman shacking up with Batman instead of him.

Word :)

Well Amy Adams said that if Lois wasn't goint to be journalist she would be a politician, I guess she is right.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: oh my god mister negative. Every review of this series you gave negative comment.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superman fans baffle me ,these last 2 issues are like a love letter to Batman lol.

brian88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read the book and that was a wonderful story. Reminds me a lot of Kingdom Come.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@johnqestion: I guess you never got the point of this story and Superman, didn't you?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NightFang3

So Batman killing the Joker makes the world a better place, what about Lex Luthor or any of the other villains, what they just retire after Jokers death?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@johnqestion: I guess you never got the point of this story and Superman, didn't you?

Considering that, from what I hear in these previous two chapters, Superman's magical dream involved him asking Batman to kill the Joker because he doesn't want blood on his hands sounds nothing more than a petty and pathetic action for Superman to ask his best friend to perform. I could definitely understand Superman becoming bitter and rage filled by what Joker had done but to ask someone else to kill Joker so he didn't have to is just as bad as what Injustice Superman ended up doing.

So on that basis, I'd say Johnqestion isn't too far out from getting the point of Superman either. As for the point of this story, it seems to be undermined when we think about it and us fans can think about our comics too hard for the writer's detriment.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

or that Batman would forsake the essential part of his morals for him, and just for him.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: oh my god mister negative. Every review of this series you gave negative comment.

Because I hate seeing vast potential utterly wasted.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rubear

Killing of Joker is consequence an not a reason.
The reason is letting Joker live and after that death of Lois and countless thousands in Metropolis.
The reason is Batman's weakness and in this dream Batman overkame this weakness. The whole Injustice is basically Batman's fault.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: You heard wrong.
Sup don't asked to kill, he just asked after "Look after Lois. Let me deal with him" that "Like you have dealt with him before?". It was Batman's decison. "Superman, i promise... he will never hurt you again." And he broke Joker's neck after Joker promised that he will come after Superman's daughter one day.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@impervious said:

Considering that, from what I hear in these previous two chapters, Superman's magical dream involved him asking Batman to kill the Joker because he doesn't want blood on his hands sounds nothing more than a petty and pathetic action for Superman to ask his best friend to perform. I could definitely understand Superman becoming bitter and rage filled by what Joker had done but to ask someone else to kill Joker so he didn't have to is just as bad as what Injustice Superman ended up doing.

So on that basis, I'd say Johnqestion isn't too far out from getting the point of Superman either. As for the point of this story, it seems to be undermined when we think about it and us fans can think about our comics too hard for the writer's detriment.

To compare this to Kingdom Come is a joke. Because even Mark Waid recognized the basics. There is one thing that drives Batman apart from fighting for justice that is Batman does not kill. Alan Moore understands Superman. In His For the Man...he shows Superman can lose a happy life, a family, his home world...yet he still wakes up to be the hero. Not this story. This story's main purpose is to try to pull things from all better written Elseworlds and classic tales to turn it into a Batman vs Superman to pander to a game, but while massacring Superman's whole character. To show that he dreams that for his best friend is once again focusing how lame Superman is. Like I say he needs it all on a platter. Even letting others do the dirty work while his happy fantasy seems almost head in the clouds in that privileged Superman way where he totally misreads his friends.

That isn't thinking too hard. It's seeing it for what it is. And it does Superman no favors in my opinion. Again.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By johnqestion

@rubear said:

Killing of Joker is consequence an not a reason.

The reason is letting Joker live and after that death of Lois and countless thousands in Metropolis.

The reason is Batman's weakness and in this dream Batman overkame this weakness. The whole Injustice is basically Batman's fault.

It is Superman's fantasy ergo not Batman's decision. And Batman has survived as the most popular best selling character because of his principles and what you call his weakness. Unlike Superman who is a distant # 2. Injustice is Superman's fault for being a whiny manchild who can't deal with anything really tough in life and where Taylor tried to put the blame on the female character by making Diana Lady Macbeth. If Injustice is Taylor's goodbye and his fantasy, I'd say he truly does not grasp Superman or Batman or Wonder Woman if he has some fans thinking, hang on, yeah this is elseworlds but it really is not right. Superman under no circumstances would become a mass murderer and .dictator, nor would Wonder Woman ever lie and push him to it and Batman would not murder either in a perceived utopia.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnqestion: Joker was Batman's responsibility. Yes or no? Yes. He let Joker live. Yes or no? Yes. Because of Joker whole city was nuked with all people here and Superman's wife and a unborn child was killed. Yes or no? Yes. This event is reason. The reason of this event is alive Joker. Yes or no? Yes. All events that happened after are consequences of this tragedy and villainy. Batman had every possibility to prevent it. He don't and after that he even don't accepted that it is he who was responsible, that it was his fault. He is a "whiny manchild" here. I know that this is fantasy, but in fantasy that was his (Batman's) decision)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

@johnqestion: Joker was Batman's responsibility. Yes or no? Yes.

Why?

Seriously, why is Joker Batman's responsibility? If Superman or Wonder Woman or anyone else feel so strongly that Joker should die for everyone's safety, why don't they zip into Gotham, break Joker's neck, and zip out before Batman knows they were there?

Do they just let him live and keep murdering people because they operate on some kind of dibs system where a villain can only be killed by their primary hero?

To compare this to Kingdom Come is a joke. Because even Mark Waid recognized the basics.

In Kingdom Come, Superman was going to murder the entire council of the United Nations until that old guy talked him down. And Wonder Woman was still the crazy Lady MacBeth figure whispering murder into his ear; the only difference was that he didn't actually listen to her then.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Self-DCeit
@johnqestion said:
Batman has survived as the most popular best selling character because of his principles and what you call his weakness.

His principles and his "weakness" are the farthest thing from the reason Batman is so popular.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

Why?

Seriously, why is Joker Batman's responsibility? If Superman or Wonder Woman or anyone else feel so strongly that Joker should die for everyone's safety, why don't they zip into Gotham, break Joker's neck, and zip out before Batman knows they were there?

Do they just let him live and keep murdering people because they operate on some kind of dibs system where a villain can only be killed by their primary hero?

Why? He is Batman's villian and Batman is very... one may call it territorial about his villians and about all that's happening in Gotham. The situation in Arkham when Sup and League came to send villians to proper prison and Batman came to stop'em is evidience of this, no? They also thought that Batman is capable enough to deal with Joker and where also shackled by non-killing policy. So i guess this can be called some kind of dibs system. Comics logic.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

@saren said:

Why?

Why? He is Batman's villian and Batman is very... one may call it territorial about his villians and about all that's happening in Gotham. The situation in Arkham when Sup and League came to send villians to proper prison and Batman came to stop'em is evidience of this, no? They also thought that Batman is capable enough to deal with Joker and where also shackled by non-killing policy. So i guess this can be called some kind of dibs system. Comics logic.

Batman came to stop them because of due process considerations, not because he was territorial. Joker was locked up in the Slab for years and Batman never insisted he be lodged at Arkham. Either Superman and company were more concerned about Batman's feelings than Joker's capacity for continued destruction, in which case they're idiots, or all the responsibility that lies with Batman lies just as much with them. Superman complains that Joker breaks out all the time, so if he clearly didn't believe Batman was doing a good enough job of keeping Joker incarcerated, why not handle it himself? Wonder Woman and Aquaman have no policy against killing, why didn't they kill the Joker themselves?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

In Kingdom Come, Superman was going to murder the entire council of the United Nations until that old guy talked him down. And Wonder Woman was still the crazy Lady MacBeth figure whispering murder into his ear; the only difference was that he didn't actually listen to her then.

But on the other hand, he didn't really try to stop her from going down a murder all the inmates at the Gulag prison.

Kingdom Come was an interesting look at a more cynical future for the DC heroes, but lets be honest, neither Superman or Wonder Woman (or most of the current crop of heroes) were portrayed in a positive light.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That speech by Lara Lane Kent was just too lame and corny lol. Most comic writers just don't have the writing chops to pull off a scene like that.

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to miss Tom Taylor on Injustice, as it's been one of my favorite titles since it's debut. I hope Mr. Buccellato can keep up the quality stories. Also, Superman's happy dream time was actually quite cool to read and see. I wouldn't mind reading a fully fleshed out tale about Joker attempting to kill Lois, Batman killing Joker for his pal Clark, going to jail and having a Rorschach moment telling inmates they're locked up with him. At the same time we witness Lara grow up and come into her powers, after Bruce is released the story details how he and Diana got together, maybe they have a super kid as well. Maybe some adventures as the geriatric Justice League before retiring so the new era can take over; something similar to Superman & Batman Generations.

@saren said:

When I read that scene, I thought "Superman fantasizes about Wonder Woman and Batman getting together? Kinda weird."

@saren said:

or that Batman would forsake the essential part of his morals for him, and just for him.

This, too.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 frozen  Moderator

Kingdom Come completely stomps Injustice.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By johnqestion

@rubear said:

@johnqestion: Joker was Batman's responsibility. Yes or no? Yes. He let Joker live. Yes or no? Yes. Because of Joker whole city was nuked with all people here and Superman's wife and a unborn child was killed. Yes or no? Yes. This event is reason. The reason of this event is alive Joker. Yes or no? Yes. All events that happened after are consequences of this tragedy and villainy. Batman had every possibility to prevent it. He don't and after that he even don't accepted that it is he who was responsible, that it was his fault. He is a "whiny manchild" here. I know that this is fantasy, but in fantasy that was his (Batman's) decision)

Is this the first time in Superman or even Batman's life there has been tragedy? No. Countless times Metropolis or Gotham or worldwide has been leveled and civilians have lost homes and loved ones and died. In many stories. The only difference for Super privileged man is it is Lois. Who cares when it is other people other times? Not him so much it seems. It's horrendous he now moves to try to change the world when their have been maniac and genocidal killers and dictators around for decades. Apparently his eyes only open when it is Lois. So on some level Superman really is about himself. He basically does nothing because he never truly empathized with anyone's losses but only his own as far as I see. Batman perhaps can because he knows loss. Superman's actions is worse than Batman whom you blame for letting Joker live. It is not Batman's duty to be executioner as well as the one who apprehends. There is the law that Batman respects. Else why waste any other time to not kill? Only Joker deserves death in the DCU?

In this whiny manchild's fantasy he sees Batman as the reason he can't have his happy life. Are we to assume Superman and the JL never destroying every foe is their weakness? They have foes who run rampant all the time. A real hero does not lay blame. A best friend does not wish his friend to corrupt himself , especially if said friend moral center is strengthened by this. If Superman wanted the joker to be dealt with seeing it's his wife...then he should have dealt with it himself. But in his fantasy he dumps the blame on Batman so he has a clean conscience and live happily ever after with his "powerful" wife and strong daughter who he can hold. Ah, psycho Superman. Who needs enemies when they have you for a friend.

Superpsychopath: Sniff you killed for me? You broke your code for me? Not for the people of Gotham or Barbara or your sons or anyone. But me!!! Oh Batman...how I love me so much that I believe you love me most!

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By johnqestion

@saren said:

@rubear said:

@johnqestion: Joker was Batman's responsibility. Yes or no? Yes.

Why?

@johnqestion said:

To compare this to Kingdom Come is a joke. Because even Mark Waid recognized the basics.

What? She never told him to murder. Don't be silly. He was too stunned the world changed to stand up and get between the factions and say stop. She more or less told him in his face he was being a whiny man child. Only WW had the balls to tell him get up off your ass and do something before it gets worse. Fact is it was not easy to do because the moral in this story is not everything is black and white. Not everyone is all good or all bad and how do you solve that. It's more realistic. In our real world when faced with violence and chaos some opt for military action others want to talk. No one is always right or wrong. In the end he did stand up. But he did not impose his will on anyone like Injustice Superman and Diana only killed Von Bach who was going to kill someone else. Only this time he wasn't going to lecture her. Batman did that but neither treated her like a leper either like they did in the Sacrifice story. They probably recognize in the line of duty sometimes like cops and soldiers you take a life when you have no choice. Else we'd have SM and BM really ungrateful to all law enforcement and soldiers who put their lives on the line.

Injustice could never be a Kingdom Come, a DK, A Red Son, because it is motivated not by trying to tell a good story about heroes...it is about trying to make excuses to have Batman v Superman.