• 157 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

A sequel to the very awesome fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us is allegedly on the way, and we can't help but wonder which new playable DC characters it'll include.This is obviously pure speculation, but why not have a little fun making a wish list, right? And no, Darkseid isn't on the list. Yes, playing as him would rock and we hope they'll give us that option, but someone that epic should need to be unlocked after completing the game or something similar to that (yes, we know he's in the mobile version, but that hardly counts). Obviously, several characters from the first game need to return (with some new moves, of course), but here are five more heroes and villains we believe should be available from the start or at least unlockable shortly after beginning the story mode.

No Caption Provided

BLACK CANARY

No Caption Provided

Dinah Lance is an expert hand-to-hand combatant and, thanks to her canary cry, she has projectile capabilities. So, that begs a question: how is she not playable? It's not like she isn't a popular character, either. Not only are there plenty of fans of her comic appearances, but she's also well-known thanks to her role in the former animated shows and even Arrow (well, she's technically not Dinah in that, but the idea is there). As far as I can recall, Black Canary didn't have any kind of role in the first video game and she's only making her presence known in this alternate timeline through Tom Taylor's digital comic (which we cannot recommend enough, by the way). Unless it's eventually revealed that she dies in the pages of the comics (because those events take place before the first game's story), there's really no good reason why she isn't playable. Come on, you can't have a fighting game without her! She's sporting some serious skill and her canary cry will offer some impactful ranged and radial moves.

RED HOOD

No Caption Provided

Yeah, I know many of you don't want additional Batman characters added to the roster, but really, Jason Todd as Red Hood feels tailor-made for a fighting game! Not only can he hold his own in unarmed combat, but he also tends to have a variety of weapons at his disposal. Tasers, small explosives, knives, pistols, grappling lines, etc. There's a ton of possibilities with Todd and the variety of short to long range attacks could make him a very balanced -- and not to mention downright cool -- person to use. We already know these kinds of weapons can make a character fun to play as (see Mortal Kombat's Stryker), so there's no good reason why they couldn't dish out some exciting combos and attacks with Todd. Plus, that means we could potentially get Todd in his Batman costume from Battle for the Cowl. And let's be honest here: who out there wouldn't want to see a skilled Dick Grayson player vs. a skilled Jason Todd player?

VIXEN

Also a good option: Tattooed Man.
Also a good option: Tattooed Man.

When an individual can call upon the strongest attribute of a specific animal, the possibilities for excellent combos and special attacks seems unlimited. Many characters tend to specialize in just a few things, but Vixen could be one of the most balanced fighters out there. She could charge across the screen with the speed of a Cheetah or slam someone against a wall with the force of an elephant. And if developers are concerned over her popularity, it shouldn't be that big of an issue since Vixen played a decent role in the very rad Justice League Unlimited. But really, the concern should be over making distinct and thrilling characters. When it comes to that objective, Vixen most definitely fits the bill and there's so much they could accomplish with this fighter. Seriously, she could have a ridiculous awesome super move, too. It may not send someone to the moon or create a crater, but it could string together a crazy amount of unique moves.

ATROCITUS

No Caption Provided

Yes, there's already two lanterns in the game, but that hardly means they're identical. And Atrocitus? Well, the big dude absolutely has what it takes to be a powerful combatant that feels different than the competition. He could dish out savage melee attacks and honestly, who wouldn't want to spew rage plasma at their enemies? Atrocitus is one formidable alien and battling as him has the potential to be a really, really good time. To top it off, they could use an alternate costume or two to turn him into a different Red Lantern. There's legitimate choices like Bleez or even Skallox (or perhaps Razer for my fellow Green Lantern: The Animated Series fans), but how hilarious would it be to unleash all of his epic moves with a Dex-Starr alternate skin?

BLACK MANTA

No Caption Provided

First and foremost, Aquaman needs a villain in the game. Using Arthur Curry is a real treat (easily my favorite character to use), so it's only fair to have him face-off against an equally exhilarating nemesis. There's quite a few options that come to mind, but Black Manta seems like a stellar choice and could be every bit as fun to control as the Atlantean. The game needs characters who can hold their own from anywhere on the screen, and Black Manta has no issue with that. Up close, he can pull off some vicious moves as he slices and dices with bladed weapons or he could even fire a wider energy blast at the ground in front of him. At a distance, he can release a more concentrated blast of energy or throw a variety of piercing weapons. This guy seems like a perfect fit for the game and it would be a serious mistake to overlook him.

5 Honorable Mentions: Poison Ivy, Demon Knight, Plastic Man, Katana, Swamp Thing

Agree? Disagree? Be sure to let us know who's in your "5 new playable characters" wish list below.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

I like these choices

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Swamp Thing seems like a no brainer to me.

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I think Swamp Thing and Animal Man would be cool.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Absolutely Black Canary. Manta would be fun too. And while the others are cool and all, there are characters I'd rather see.

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

Totally Black Manta and Captain Cold.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@supbatz said:

Absolutely Black Canary.Manta would be fun too. And while the others are cool and all, there are characters I'd rather see.

Which 3 would you prefer?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the list.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

How about Big Barda with an assist from Mr. Miracle in her super.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Mongul would also be a good choice

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@br_havoc: Don't forget Orion. Seriously I REALLY want to see Orion in the next one..................... Also Lady Shiva and Brainiac.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Black Canary, Black Manta, Katana and Swamp Thing must be in the next game!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Red Hood? Not feeling it.

I personally would want, Swamp Thing, Deadman, Spectere, Firestorm and Booster Gold.

Maybe even Metamorpho...

Edit: I'd also love Wildcat!

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Akindoodle

@br_havoc said:

How about Big Barda with an assist from Mr. Miracle in her super.

Oh God, yes please! BC and Vixen get a yes from me too. And come on, Plastic Man would be hilarious. He definitely deserves a role

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Excellent choices. Especially Manta and Canary.

He's some ideas for alt skins:

• Bizarro for Superman
  • Professor Zoom for Flash
  • Robin for Nightwing
  • Maybe Cassandra or Stephanie for Batgirl
  • Arsenal/Red Arrow for Green Arrow
Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

And Darkseid on the Mobile game is awesome sauce. :D

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By judasnixon
No Caption Provided

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

All great choices!! Go Jason Todd!!! Give Jason his All Blades

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

We also need at least 1 flash villain.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give us Orion!!!!!!

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonah Hex!

stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain atom

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind some jsa characters.

dccomics1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see Black Canary and Atrocitus in the next one, but I'd like Firestorm, Lady Shiva, and Starfire.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Vixen is a great choice! I'd like to throw in Blue Beetle and Firestorm as well.

Dogofwarorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion would be perfect for the game, plus he had a cameo in the first game

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be happy with literally anyone. It could even be the Brown Bomber, for all I care. As long as NetherRealm Studios is making it and if it's anything like the first one, it will be one hell of a quality fighting game.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want Power Girl to be in it.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My five would be

Batwoman

Black Canary

Vixen

Lady shiva( or Cassandra Cain)

Big Barda

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

After Redhood no more Batman characters.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

B'ox

Mogo (How much fun would that be :D??)

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

1. We need to switch out Hawkgirl for Hawkman

2. How about Grifter instead of Red Hood?

rigormortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animal Man, Swamp Thing, or get out.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister Terrific maybe too.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By saoakden

I would like to see Calvin Rose or William Cobb, maybe the Crime Syndicate, Brainiac, Supergirl or Superboy, Komodo or Merlyn, Captain Cold, Helspont, H'el, Darkseid playable on consoles, Reverse Flash, Andrew Bennett, & one of the other Robins. I know it's a lot but if at least two of them are playable, I'm happy. I can't really see the Crime Syndicate being their own character but maybe as a costume. If there is an article about which costumes would be cool to have in Injustice 2, there is a number of costumes I would love to see.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By SupBatz

@k4tzm4n said:

@supbatz said:

Absolutely Black Canary.Manta would be fun too. And while the others are cool and all, there are characters I'd rather see.

Which 3 would you prefer?

Off of the top of my head:

1. Black Canary

2. Firestorm

3. Swamp Thing (or Poison Ivy)

4. Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

5. Beast Boy (I agree that it would be cool to have an animal-powered hero on the roster, but I'd rather turn into the animals than just use their strengths/abilities. Vixen would be my second choice though, followed by Animal Man. We definitely should get one of them)

Honorable mention to Black Manta (we could get some great gameplay out of him), Doctor Fate (or any magic user, really; if they choose to use Zatanna once again I'd be cool with it), Katana (make full use of that sword!), and Clayface (who I bet could get a lot of great moves).

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Honestly, it's 5 characters I wouldn't care if they appeared or not... and in Manta's case; I'd only want to see him he received a major redesign out of that stupid helmet.

rigormortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or Beast boy, or Deadman, or the Question, or Doctor Fate, or literally everyone else ever.

fallbrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Fate would be awesome.

Black Canary is a no brainer, I'm positive she'll show up in the next game. Swamp Thing interests me, that'd be cool.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By Delphic
No Caption Provided

Spider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Canary

Swamp Thing

Ambush Bug

Blue Beetle

Atrocitus

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see

-Dr. Fate

-Black Manta

-Red Hood

-Darkseid

-Grifter

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

1. Black Canary (agreed, no brainer)
  2. Supergirl
  3. Swamp Thing
  4. Captain Atom
  5. Perhaps Kyle Rayner as the White Lantern?
Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a bad list but i'd say no to Red Hood being in the game the main problem with Injustice was lack of diversity in powers we need some more diverse different powers up in here since i don't see Marvel making an X-Men fighting game anytime soon. We need Beast Boy,Blue Beetle, Atom, Agree with your Black Canary and Manta, Maybe more Lanterns if they give us different things to create, Star Fire, Swamp Thing,Power Girl trying to think of more DC characters with a more diverse power set.

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

Blue Beetle

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather not see another Lantern and I also like that one suggestion for Grifter instead of Red Hood. If anything, I hope the next Injustice has much better animation and fluid combat. And I also hope it's more of an Elseworlds' story rather than the JLA vs. Crime Syndicate again because that has been done enough times.

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give me:

- Black Manta

- Doctor Fate

- Swamp Thing

- Animal Man

- Dead Man

TheDJRedVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beast Boy and Star Fire, it'd be nice to have all the Teen Titan GO! team

And have all the Costume designs by person/team that did Flash Point and Young Justice the animated movie and series, respectively. Think it was by Phil Bourassa.............I think.

imredjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great choices!

Avatar image for thelaughingfish
TheLaughingFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers