• 90 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#51 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@rulerofthisuniverse: Disagreeing is fine, but if your disagreement is limited to "lol no," you can bet I'm going to call you out on it. Thanks for elaborating. I of course disagree with several of your points, but I won't be able to say why until later!

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Love this.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

Out of the recent movie news I've heard from comics this is one I'm really excited for. Been waiting so long for Marvel to do something self titles with the Inhumans besides in comic books. Interested to see who plays who though. Any Ideas?

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the x-men are going to be put on the back burner bc of fox

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@k4tzm4n: Yeah, I can totally see what you mean by that. I'll make sure to take put more time into those kind of posts in the future.

fullmetaladam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By fullmetaladam

@war_killer said:

I have a feeling that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be revealed to be Inhumans as well, to further separate them from their counterparts owned by Fox.

Didn't Quicksilver marry Crystal in the comics and they have a kid together? Not to mention Crystal then marrying Ronan? (Not to mention Quicksilver's role in Avengers 2) Sounds like cross-pollenation between an Inhumans movie, an Avengers movie and GOTG could happen.

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By DrLove

We need Black Panther

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By this point, anything that Marvel Studios does is a safe bet, there are no risks as long as the "Marvel" logo is up there above the title. The only real problems that exist are the inheret weirdness of the property their choosing, how to adapt it and whether or not they can make it work, but those problems come with any property of any kind, popular or obscure, so it really doesn't matter for them at this point. It's all about brand recognition really.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By CaptainHoopla

Well, I guess we'll get to see what a Marvel Studios X-Men movie would look like.

wisesonAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By wisesonAC

can i get lack panther first?

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Inhumans r too serious to be shown in a film. They lack the witty banter everybody loves from marvel films plus Ronan is dead now and his involvement with the inhumans has been cut off

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#62  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

@k4tzm4n: Sorry, k4tzm4n, I respect your work and articles here on CV but I'm going to have to disagree.

Just because the general audience weren't aware of who the Guardians of the Galaxy are does not mean that this movie was a risk to Marvel Studios. I have yet to see it, so I'm not going to pretend I have a great understanding of the movie's content, but everything I've heard about GOTG has lead me to believe that it was bound to do just as well as any of the other MCU films.

Marvel is an established, extremely popular name brand and at this point in time, any MCU movie will succeed at the box office. It's been that way ever since The Avengers. They have made terrible movies succeed far beyond expectations (such as Iron Man 3) so it's not all that surprising that they can make a movie with unknown characters succeed. The fact that the characters were unknowns to most people was easily solved with the heavy marketing (let alone the fact that a large amount of the general audience had no idea who most Marvel characters were before they appeared on film) and almost all hardcore comic book fans will watch MCU films, whether they are experts on the franchise featured or not.

Another point if like to make is that having a successful film with characters that no one has been introduced to before is far from a new concept. That describes pretty much every successful film ever made that is not based on a preexisting franchise. An important part of storytelling in any medium is about introducing your characters and giving them development. Any professional writer can do this, it's not very hard.

And before I press post, I'd like to add that I really enjoy all of the Marvel movies (with the exception of The Incredible Hulk, Thor: The Dark World, and the Iron Man sequels). I'm not hating, trolling, or bashing MCU films. I just wouldn't call any of them risky.

Alright, I have a moment to reply!

I get where you're coming from. Marvel Studios has established a fan base and they marketed the hell out of this movie -- two points I brought up in my previous reply. And yes, a vast majority of movies are based around "new" characters, but that isn't the case with comic book movies and history proves they've tried to play it safe by focusing on big or familiar names. Each of the characters that previously had a Marvel Studios project were at least relatively well-known by the general audience and/or had a familiar face leading the way. Guardians has neither advantage and, even though Marvel Studios is building an established universe, they didn't make it clear to the general public that this is something strongly connected to the big bad at the very end of Whedon's movie. This is a movie that has a "quirkier" tone, a director that isn't very well-known to many (I say that as a big fan of Super and Slither, too), zero big faces on the poster and a grand total of zero characters the general public already knows like, at all, and loves. We all know a fair amount of people will see the movie thanks to the studios' previous work and it's highly unlikely to flop, but Marvel Studios has reached a point where they expect to dominate the box office and there were a fair amount of risky variables with this movie (when it comes to the comic book genre). They've played it safe by focusing on big names and this was their first attempt at putting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay (I really should add more As to emphasize my point) lesser-known characters front and center. So yes, I'd say it was a risky move for them. We agree they'll currently make money regardless of what they put out, but how much of a profit is a different discussion and this had the potential to not go over all that well with the general public. But, thanks to a ton of marketing and overly positive word of mouth, it paid off much more than anticipated. Making movies with the Avengers -- Marvel's biggest and most A-list team (not considering X-Men since they're not even an option) was logical. Hell, making movies with the Marvel Knights and the Defenders seems like the next step. But Guardians of the Galaxy and the Inhumans? Can we at least agree that didn't seem likely when the MCU began to grow?

@squares said:

Old news.

You're old news! This was posted less than two hours after Collider broke the news. So no, it's not. Or did you just look at the headline and post a knee-jerk reaction instead of reading the article? FESS UP IF THAT'S WHAT YOU DID!

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Nice choice, but I can't even begin to imagine how they're going to try and make those costumes not look ridiculous.

Lockwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Inhumans have a ton of potential. If Marvel were smart they would use Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee's Marvel Knights maxiseries as the source material. Folks - if you missed that run, find the trade. It is well worth your dollars and is a compelling story with amazing early-ish work by Lee. Gregg conveniently supplied the cover image for the first issue with this news post.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Christopher Walken as Maximus

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vin Diesel is just talking trasH. MetH doesn't see Diesel getting a InHuman role.

June'sVeryOwn

thehonorablerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By thehonorablerj

As much love as I have for the Inhumans, I think this movie will be kind of formulaic...Royalty with alien-based powers, finally appearing in the public eye, crazy brother as the bad guy...I want an Inhumans movie so badly, I can taste it, but I can see the comparisons to Thor from here. Some things that I would make me squirt a little bit are:

Vin Diesel as Black Bolt...and not speaking.

Crystal (Karen Gillan or Allison Hannigan) and Medusa (Christina Hendricks) saving the day...Females need to be represented a bit more, duh.

Karnak (Scott Adkins or Jason Statham) and Gorgon (Jason Momoa or Joe Manganiello) plowing through an army of Kree or SHIELD.

Lockjaw.

Triton, the Misplaced Prince of Atlantis (google it) of course, with Michael Cera in full awkward useless wimp mode.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would've been so excited for an Inhumans film maybe 5 years ago but now not so much. Anyways I'm sure Marvel will make this another good one. This also makes my theory on Agents of SHIELD more likely with Skye being an Inhuman!

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Why does everone keep saying Inhumans is coming out before Black Panther they haven't even gave us a date yet calm down guys.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@thehonorablerj: you do know karen gillan and jason mamoa are already playing superheroes right..? I mean its probably just yur fan cast but jus letting u kno in case you didn't

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@k4tzm4n: No, I read the article. Marvel has been hinting at making an Inhumans movie for a long time.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would love this but the Inhumans are kind of undeveloped as far as properties go. Does Triton even have a personality?

Anyways, I think if this were to happen, Crystal should be the main protagonist. The MCU has been good about building on the mythology in new, fresh ways, so I can see the Inhuman Royal Family as cool characters on the big screen.

Humor is something that will be present, but hopefully Marvel can incorporate that well into this as the Inhumans were always an intense bunch. Gorgon and Triton were always the more light-hearted of the bunch, so there's that. Lockjaw can also provide some laughs as well.

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

haven't liked anything i have read with the inhumans in it, so no.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knowing Marvel wants to make an Inhumans movie gives me hope that they will appear in the next Thor movie, and seeing a certain cosmic being in the GoTG movie gave me hope we'll see more of them in Thor as well.

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Translating those characters and their powers onto the big screen is definitely going to be interesting.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did GOTG, why not.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ThomasElliot

Pretty obvious this was coming... Between Marvel Agents of SHIELD and GotG and rumors about Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver, all the clues were there.

I had a theory months ago that Sky from SHIELD is probably an Inhuman, and I have the feeling that they are going to connect Star Lord to the Inhumans somehow.

Also... Infinity Gauntlet, replace FF with GotG, Inhumans take the Xmens place, and Hank Pym takes Mr Fantasticals place as the resident genius. Dardevil in place of Spider-Man. It seems like they are setting up suitable replacements for the series. Also betting that Infinity is going to be its own trilogy as well.

Of course I meant Mr Fantastic, but typing this from a smartphone sucks.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By mickey-mouse

Where's the mother loving Black Panther movie?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am inhumanly down for this!!!

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol k4, they never give you a break with trying to make your articles irrelavent.

I am very interested in an INHUMANS movie, I'd love to see Medusa's power on the big screen.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I am very interested in this. I would love to see a live action version of Medusa's hair. I think if done right that would be amazing. Also I hope if they do make it they really show just how powerful Black Bolt really is.

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#82  Edited By Zoch81

I'm interested in this looking forward to a Inhumans film, Black Bolt is one of my fav characters.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#83  Edited By rev_sulphur
No Caption Provided

NickJrII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@nickjrii

FOX owns the rights to the movies which means Marvel isn't allowed to use them in THEIR movies. They were allowed to use Quicksilver because they never called him Quicksilver in Days of Future Past. In fact to be honest it could have been a completely different character and they could have avoided the whole Legal thing. Still cool though.

Anyway so FOX have to make an X-Men movie every few years otherwise they lose the rights to it and it goes back to Marvel. The problem I have with that is.... in a way the X-Men films are even bigger then the Spider-Man films. Overall the X-Men films have had more bad movies then Spider-Man but they've not had a reboot yet. So I wouldn't be able to buy them being put in the Avengers Movie Verse... honestly I just don't see Fox ever losing the rights. Especially since the Marvel films have started calling Mutants (like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch) Miracles. "Shrug" It could work I guess... but it would be kinda weird. Spider-Man I could see working.

DCWarFan73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

The MCU movies are one thing first and foremost - entertaining. They're not meant to be thought provoking or life altering. That is what life is about not your movie experience. I cannot wait for the Inhumans they make a great group to be portrayed on the big screen. Do I think the Rock should be Black Bolt? absolutely not. That decision is out of my hands so I will live with whatever role he has.

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black panther should have been had a movie

this isnt fair

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

stupid. a woman who's power is her hair, the lead male will be mute apart from one or two FX scenes, I guy with goat legs, a giant teleporting pug....

it is just stupid. the racoon and tree worked well because they had decent normal human lead to bounce off of

DcNoobReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gimmie some blackbolt and medusa!!!!!!! WOOO!

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Franchise Fatigue will killed off all marvel films after avengers (maybe the whole super hero genre)

Then we can sit and wait for the Reboots faithful source material, complex and mature reboots

kilon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By kilon
No Caption Provided

yeah mother ***** yeah im soo excited.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Franchise Fatigue will killed off all marvel films after avengers (maybe the whole super hero genre)

Then we can sit and wait for the Reboots faithful source material, complex and mature reboots

If anything, Marvel is helping elongate the life of the super hero movie genre. Each of their movies are fresh new IPs with different tones (Cap 2 was a political thriller while GotG was a cosmic adventure) produced with good quality instead of constant reboots after continual messing up (Spiderman, Superman, etc).