• 90 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Guardians of the Galaxy was a massive risk for Marvel Studios and it paid off big time. Even though James Gunn's film featured a group of characters a good majority of the general audience has never heard of before, it performed very well at the box office and received rave reviews (click here to read our review). Well, it looks like Marvel Studios is looking to duplicate that success and wants to bring another lesser-known (to the general audience, that is) group to the big screen: the Inhumans! According to Collider, Marvel Studios is pleased with a script by Joe Robert Cole and they want to move forward with the project. No word on who will appear or who they want to direct, but it is worth noting Vin Diesel posted "I get the strange feeling that Marvel thinks I'm Inhuman... Haha" on Facebook.

No Caption Provided

Collider also says they were told The Inhumans will take one of the spots on the Marvel Studios schedule which lists 5 untitled movies. So, are you pumped for the possibility of an Inhumans movie? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

No idea who the Inhumans are? Well, our database is here to help! Click here to read all about the cosmic team.

Source: Collider

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ohhhhh interesting. I'm not surprised, as I'm pretty sure that this would be the alternative they'd use to not having mutants (which has been pretty clearly set up with all the shine given to them in the comics lately). I just wasn't expecting even rumors about it this early.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

How unexpected...

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

they got a script?! crystal better be in this. time to stop with the one female mess. LETS DO THIS!!

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes.

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

Vin Diesel as Black Bolt, from just the voice of a character to a character with no voice. I appreciate the irony

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

lets take a big risk and get a black hero a movie?

naw, aliens are more safe.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@thatlad said:

Vin Diesel as Black Bolt, from just the voice of a character to a character with no voice. I appreciate the irony

He could just as easily be Gorgon or Karnak. The baldness is in like with the latter after all.

Stoked for this though :D

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've always seen the Inhumans as an underdeveloped property. They're so weird, this is totally the kind of Marvel movie I wanna see.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#9  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Hate the Inhumans, but since MARVEL don't have X-MEN this will have to do.

I would love to see Vin Diesel as Black Bolt as the irony of him playing a mute character haha.

If MARVEL made GotG work, they can make Inhumans interesting.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have to admit... I don't really care about the Inhumans. Never found 'em interesting... and honestly I couldn't care less. I'll go see it anyway... but where the hell is my Man-Thing movie?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

Jenkins and Lee's Inhumans is so good.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

GOTG was "a massive risk?" Lol no.

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to admit... I don't really care about the Inhumans. Never found 'em interesting... and honestly I couldn't care less. I'll go see it anyway.

Pretty much how I feel. Not interested in the least in this right now. Black Bolt is cool in an Illuminati context, but outside of that? Meh.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we'll I think vin deisel is half black so i guess if he's in it they might be half way there lol

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a big follower of the Inhumans, but for as long as Marvel wants to put out good quality movies, I'll go see them. GotG was a blast. I expect this would be no different.

I have to admit... I don't really care about the Inhumans. Never found 'em interesting... and honestly I couldn't care less. I'll go see it anyway... but where the hell is my Man-Thing movie?

Been out for years.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TommytheHitman
Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Aw yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I'm not into the Inhumans. I figured this would be are studios answer to not having the X-Men movie license though. If they can make GotG work, and that was a risk, they can definitely make this good as well.

I just...I'm not feeling the Inhumans.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

Great reasoning, thanks for sharing it? Prior to this, Marvel was featuring characters that the general audience at least knows of or has a basic understanding of. With GotG, they took 5 characters that the general audience hasn't even head of before. Obviously, its success goes beyond the quality of the film. It took some heavy marketing and building up a name brand to help get many in the seats, but the fact remains that choosing to highlight a cosmic team that many comic book fans aren't even experts on and making your most popular actors just voices (and not to mention promoting it with a different tone) is a pretty big risk.

Enoch25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay! I love the Inhumans and I'm a Black Bolt fanboy but my emotional investment in these characters will make me particularly critical of their portrayal.. I'm gonna try to keep my expectations low so I can be pleasantly surprised.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

I've actually been thinking about an Inhumans movie the past few weeks. I'd much have preferred to see one instead of GotG. Glad to see something's happening with it.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am honestly kind of a surprised by this mainly for the fact that I thought the Inhumans would have been included in the Fantastic Four license since they are such a part of that particular section of Marvel's Lore. I would be interested to find out exactly what Sony has rights to under the Fantastic Four banner.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean

Where the hell is my GOOD Man-Thing movie?

Hahahahaha. Now that I don't know.

@k4tzm4n said:

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

Great reasoning, thanks for sharing it? Prior to this, Marvel was featuring characters that the general audience at least knows of or has a basic understanding of. With GotG, they took 5 characters that the general audience hasn't even head of before. Obviously, its success goes beyond the quality of the film. It took some heavy marketing and building up a name brand to help get many in the seats, but the fact remains that choosing to highlight a cosmic team that many comic book fans aren't even experts on and making your most popular actors just voices (and not to mention promoting it with a different tone) is a pretty big risk.

Hell, even many comic fans didn't have too much knowledge about them. They are definitely below the radar.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool i guess, ill watch any superhero movie in the theatre

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

White aliens, so it's safer duh.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@ccraft said:

@fallschirmjager said:

WHITE POWER

(no but seriously, where is black panther? :()

FilmCutting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super-hero saturation is reaching critical mass.http://filmcutting.com/marvel-moving-forward-with-the-inhumans-movie/

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...aaannnnd we've known this for months that they've wanted to make this...

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By CommanderShiro

I approve of this. Marvel needs to have Black Panther and Captain Marvel on the big screen too though.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft

Black Bolt's not an alien. He's Human...ish? Also now that I think about it the only two... three black superheroes in the Marvel Movies have been:

Nick Fury.

War Machine.

Falcon.

None of which have been the leading roll in any of their movies. I'm not saying Marvel are racist because I'm not an idiot... but... I have no idea where I'm going with this...

Oh right! So maybe they should try doing a War Machine movie instead of Iron Man 4? That would be cool to see! Maybe expand on the character and show us what he does in his spare time? That could be fun! Tons of stuff he could face! Maybe he could even go up against the REAL Mandarin this time!

Nick Fury could be cool. However I don't like Movie Nick Fury because the comics are erasing old Nick Fury for this... copy and paste character. But anyway Nick Fury could be awesome however I don't think it would be as cool as a War Machine movie. Just that we've already seen a Marvel Spy movie and to be honest I don't really know where they could take it.

Finally... the Falcon. I've got nothing to be honest. Maybe they could.... show him back in his army days? When he was with his friend and they were fighting bad guys and saving lives? Could be fun. However with the Falcon I think Marvel has missed a huge opportunity. Falcon has recently appeared in one of the biggest Movies of the year. Congrats Marvel! You have a new Superhero that allows people to stop complaining about you not having any Black superheroes... COOL!" So.... should we give him his own title? Could be fun! Maybe a light hearted superhero tone? No let's just pretty much say "This character's legacy means nothing" and make him Captain America. I mean... when Bucky became Captain America he was Cap's sidekick similar to Robin so it's kinda expected he'd take up the mantle! But with the Falcon... he's always been an ALLY of Cap. Partner. But I never thought he'd pick up the mantle. Kinda a slap in the face saying: "Being Captain America is a bigger deal then being the Falcon".

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@transformers1024 said:

...aaannnnd we've known this for months that they've wanted to make this...

There's a big difference between talk that they're interested in potentially using the group and official word that they're moving forward with a script and it's likely one of the projects on the recently released schedule.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel's mutants. suck it fox.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any Black Panther news?

What about updates on Dr. Strange casting?

Captain Marvel?

Avatar image for the_greatest_username
The_Greatest_Username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they got a script?! crystal better be in this. time to stop with the one female mess. LETS DO THIS!!

This was my first thought as well. Let's hope they give Crystal and Medusa important roles.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any Black Panther news?

What about updates on Dr. Strange casting?

Captain Marvel?

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, HELL NO to Vin wanting to be Black Bolt

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncanny Inhumans next month in your Comic Book Store!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 owie  Moderator

Crazy, but cool!

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

If it's anything like the Marvel Knights book I'll love it.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I have a feeling that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be revealed to be Inhumans as well, to further separate them from their counterparts owned by Fox.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I never understood how people thought GotG was a risky long shot now Inhuman's on the other hand is. Marvel's head just might be getting too big. On the other they could very well have something in mind that does work. Just nothing from what I already know about them.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

@fallschirmjager said:

WHITE POWER

(no but seriously, where is black panther? :()

lol ikr, it's never going to be made... D:

mnightshelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of people have assumed that Skye is an Inhuman on Agents of SHIELD so this is no surprise. They've introduced the Kree so it makes sense. I think the Inhumans would make a better show than movie though.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Sorry, k4tzm4n, I respect your work and articles here on CV but I'm going to have to disagree.

Just because the general audience weren't aware of who the Guardians of the Galaxy are does not mean that this movie was a risk to Marvel Studios. I have yet to see it, so I'm not going to pretend I have a great understanding of the movie's content, but everything I've heard about GOTG has lead me to believe that it was bound to do just as well as any of the other MCU films.

Marvel is an established, extremely popular name brand and at this point in time, any MCU movie will succeed at the box office. It's been that way ever since The Avengers. They have made terrible movies succeed far beyond expectations (such as Iron Man 3) so it's not all that surprising that they can make a movie with unknown characters succeed. The fact that the characters were unknowns to most people was easily solved with the heavy marketing (let alone the fact that a large amount of the general audience had no idea who most Marvel characters were before they appeared on film) and almost all hardcore comic book fans will watch MCU films, whether they are experts on the franchise featured or not.

Another point if like to make is that having a successful film with characters that no one has been introduced to before is far from a new concept. That describes pretty much every successful film ever made that is not based on a preexisting franchise. An important part of storytelling in any medium is about introducing your characters and giving them development. Any professional writer can do this, it's not very hard.

And before I press post, I'd like to add that I really enjoy all of the Marvel movies (with the exception of The Incredible Hulk, Thor: The Dark World, and the Iron Man sequels). I'm not hating, trolling, or bashing MCU films. I just wouldn't call any of them risky.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Old news.