inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

This October, New York Times bestselling writer Jason Aaron (Southern Bastards, Scalped) and fan-favorite artist Ron Garney (Thor: God of Thunder, Weapon X) team up once again for a gritty new limited series kicking off in MEN OF WRATH #1!

Ever since Great Grandfather Isom killed a man over some sheep, a black cloud has hung over the Rath family. Now, over a century later, Ira Rath is the coldest hitman ever to walk on Alabama soil. And he’s just taken a job that will decide the fate of his cursed family once and for all. As the blood-soaked history of the Rath family unfolds, witness the cycle of violence that shaped Ira into the ruthless killer he is today.

Launched in 2004, Marvel’s ICON imprint is designed specifically for top-tier creators to tell their bold, creator-owned stories featuring their own characters and creations. Producing such critically acclaimed titles like Kick-Ass, Powers and The United States of Murder Inc., Marvel’s ICON imprint has solidified itself as the place to be for exciting stories from A-List creators.

What actions and events led Ira Rath down his murderous path? Dive into the story of a Southern family and their violent history as Aaron & Garney explore the dark past of the Rath family this October in MEN OF WRATH #1!

MEN OF WRATH #1 (of 5)

Written by JASON AARON

Art & Cover by RON GARNEY

Variant Cover by STEVE DILLON

$3.50….32 pgs.

Coming in October!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Aw, only a mini. :(

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Good to see some new blood for the Icon imprint.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Good to see some new blood for the Icon imprint.

Yeah same here.

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

the Cover reminds me of the metal gear artist :)

Astro_Zombie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might check this out. Looks good.

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By manwithoutshame

I feel Aaron is going downhill. A friend of mine lent me copies of Original Sin and it was so bad I couldn't even get halfway through the first issue. Now this garbage? Pass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel Aaron is going downhill. A friend of mine lent me copies of Original Sin and it was so bad I couldn't even get halfway through the first issue. Now this garbage? Pass.

His stuff that isn't related to superheroes is much better. Have you read Scalped or Southern Bastards?

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Cover reminds me of the metal gear artist :)

me too

manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: I loved Scalped and have all 10 volumes at home. I read a bit of Southern Bastards but I'm concerned he may be getting a bit too heavy handed for his own good. IDK, maybe this will be good, I don't mean to sound too harsh but I get upset when I see talent go to waste.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwithoutshame: Yeah, I love Scalped! Southern Bastards doesn't have me hooked but it's a good read so far. I have high hopes for this still.

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like an awesome series! Jason Aaron is the man!

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BattheMan008

Except you don't know if it's garbage because you haven't read a single issue of it yet.

manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battheman008: True enough, but if this another macho hitman series it's kind of a waste of time IMO. I agree, I came on a bit strong and am already backpedaling on my first post, but it's only because I think Aaron is capable of better that I made those comments in the first place.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

This seems like an A-list book but it's a shame that it would be only a mini.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwithoutshame: I agree that the hitman story is getting kind of worn out. However, if Aaron can give me a hitman story with new elements, I'm all for it.