Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

OK this is my first poll and I am try to see how many people want to vote on 616 iceman being straight or gay ?

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ariesxmasters

Bobby has always been a straight male, them changing him to gay for controversy's sake was pretty stupid and a slap in the face to all of his fans.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

should be straight

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: thank you I fill the same way. Iceman 616 should still be straight.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, I know this is about Iceman, but this is a poll, not a (North or South) pole.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef
deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iirc he thought he was gay.

It doesn't matter to me

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid_Omega_Prime marked this as the best answer

Bobby has always been a straight male, them changing him to gay for controversy's sake was pretty stupid and a slap in the face to all of his fans.

Yep, all five of them.

Capital-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't care.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't really want to say "he should be straight", but I prefer if he stayed the way he was portrayed for years, heterosexual.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not an actual poll.

And I think a character whose been depicted one way for decades since his creation shouldn't be turned gay for the sake of being PC. (but of course that's the only reason Marvel does anything these days) If Stan Lee wanted this for Iceman he would have depicted him as gay in the comics he wrote, in stead of having thought bubbles of him earnestly desiring Jean Grey along with the other original X-Men.

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tsoj

Let's just skip it all and make every Marvel and DC character pansexual.

JK

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By Project_Worm

@kid_omega_prime: Definitely should be straight. If they cared about diversity at ALL, they could just give Northstar a spot in one of their MANY "X-books".

But they just want to look like they give a crap so that they can make some controversy cash.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@acer51: If writers stuck to what Stan Lee wanted for his characters, then Marvel would have died a long time ago.

Fans have speculated/joked about Bobby being a closet homosexual since the early 90s. This revelation(it's not a retcon) is only shocking to non-fans and homophobes.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't really care which one they decide at this point but I do have a problem with the implication that homosexuality is a choice, regarding the Iceman situation. I would prefer if they have 616 come out as gay or the young Iceman be revealed to be from an alternate universe.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 SC  Moderator

SC marked this as the best answer

It doesn't matter to me, because he is a mutie, those subhuman degenerates shouldn't be allowed to breed at all, or have any rights. This is like asking if murderous diseased thugs should be allowed a Playstation 4 or X-Box One? No! Lock them up and throw away the key, and then throw away the place where you threw the key, to some other place, like down a hole, and then throw that hole away too, and make sure that hole isn't some weird metaphor, because you know what those muties are like, especially the gay ones, they will try to do anything!

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

It doesn't matter to me, because he is a mutie, those subhuman degenerates shouldn't be allowed to breed at all, or have any rights. This is like asking if murderous diseased thugs should be allowed a Playstation 4 or X-Box One? No! Lock them up and throw away the key, and then throw away the place where you threw the key, to some other place, like down a hole, and then throw that hole away too, and make sure that hole isn't some weird metaphor, because you know what those muties are like, especially the gay ones, they will try to do anything!

how the heck do you mark your post as your the best answer ?!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 SC  Moderator

@kyrees said:

@sc said:

how the heck do you mark your post as your the best answer ?!

Woah it is… I actually didn't. My current theory is that… reality itself, somehow agrees with me, and just nominated my post as the best answer, because objectively it is. Looks like reality asserts muties are trash too. I just wrote it and increased the text size.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreeenDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GreeenDragon

@makhai: Making him from an alternate universe would end up just as stupid and offensive. Are there any alternate reality where Wolverine was born without an X-Gene? Or one where Bruce Wayne was born a girl? Making someone gay in an alternate reality pretty much explicitly states that the guys at Marvel and DC believe sexuality is a choice, or based on upbringing. If a character is straight or gay, they would be straight or gay in ALL the realities where they are biologically the same person.

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like iceman better straight. If marvel wanted to make a new iceman from a alternate universe or a new mutant the with the same powers as Bobby and make that mutant the gay OK fine.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The heck is with the threads asking about whether a not a character "should X be gay/lesbian/straight/bi/genderqueer/floralsexual/robosexual?".

Characters should be whatever they were upon conception, characters being bent around for the sake of generating attention from readers or fans is the lowest form of "developing" a character.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry this is my first poll and I'm new at this.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care as long as it makes sense, but I do care if Marvel does it just to get attention and positive headlines from people who know nothing. :T

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow I don't want to sound heartless but what happed to America ? now we reward apathy as if it were vurture ? I mean correct me if im wrong but is not the usa suppose to be one nation under GOD ? and the bible says that gays are a no no. what happened to us ? I no this is way waaaayyyyy off topic but I had to ask ? sorry if I offened anybody.

ZeroSuitUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't gays already mutants?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, gayness gives them mutant power to choose the best color to go with your drapes.

EvilCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zerosuituser said:

Yeah, gayness gives them mutant power to choose the best color to go with your drapes.

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow I don't want to sound heartless but what happed to America ? now we reward apathy as if it were vurture ? I mean correct me if im wrong but is not the usa suppose to be one nation under GOD ? and the bible says that gays are a no no. what happened to us ? I no this is way waaaayyyyy off topic but I had to ask ? sorry if I offened anybody.

ikr! teh bibl saiz sow it must be rong guyz!!!!!!!!!!

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP what is your obsession with sexuality and race?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: OK I lost track of how many times I explained this but. I have a stupid little fantasy were I get to be reincarnated as some of my favorite heroes like wolverine, superman, iceman, batman, superboy, mimic, spider-man and many others. No I don't want to add gay characters on my list because I'm not gay so if marvel or dc makes a character gay or bi then I would half to remove that hero from my list.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@never_give_up: OK I lost track of how many times I explained this but. I have a stupid little fantasy were I get to be reincarnated as some of my favorite heroes like wolverine, superman, iceman, batman, superboy, mimic, spider-man and many others. No I don't want to add gay characters on my list because I'm not gay so if marvel or dc makes a character gay or bi then I would half to remove that hero from my list.

If you were reincarnated as those characters, you wouldn't remember having a preference for women in your past life. You would love that you love man booty.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: OK maybe reincarnation is the wrong word to use but I regain all my memories of my past lives plus I also get the ability to switch between any form I was reborn as. So one day I could be spidey then a couple of days later I could switch to batman or nightwing.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's ignorant.

Then why even make these threads?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime said:

That's ignorant.

ok how is that ignorant ? like I said its just a stuped fantasy I have.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disgraceful Gay Agenda. Where now is the America of the puritans ? Where now is the concept of family , of love , life and properly matching body parts ?

Where now is common sense ?

What oh what would the founding fathers have made of this once glorious nation ?

Homifred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care really. It's just a change in sexuality. Nothing to protest about.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:
@kid_omega_prime said:

That's ignorant.

A fantasy, but if the characters sexuality is changed they're no longer one of your favs.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_omega_prime said:
@never_give_up said:
@kid_omega_prime said:

That's ignorant.

A fantasy, but if the characters sexuality is changed they're no longer one of your favs.

well ok if a characters sexuality changed dose not mean I still don't like them I mean northstar is awesome but I just wont add that person to my list. so I might lose a form but I gain a friend.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:
@kid_omega_prime said:
@never_give_up said:
@kid_omega_prime said:

That's ignorant.

well ok if a characters sexuality changed dose not mean I still don't like them I mean northstar is awesome but I just wont add that person to my list. so I might lose a form but I gain a friend.

That's not what you said earlier.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@never_give_up: I forgot what did I say before ? Anyway when I add someone on my list I wanted to avoid surtin things like when I wanted to add lightning lad I had to remove timber wolf because he and lightning lass dated unless I could find a loophole like with psylocke and captain Britain so I won't have to remove angel, thunderbird 3 are hercules. That's why I can't add magneto or quicksilver. Any other questions ?

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By OtaconMGS

Well I found this on Wikipedia.

In All-New X-Men #40, the time displaced Iceman is revealed to be gay which eventually forces the youth to confront the adult version of himself about the matter. As both speak, the adult Iceman confirms the fact and that he had put all his energy into just being a X-Man as he couldn't cope with being a mutant and gay simultaneously. He repressed that one part of his life for years in order to avoid persecution; as time passed, he started to act as if he was straight, attempting to test if that deception couldn't become reality. With the help of his younger self and Jean Grey, however, he finally comes to terms with his own sexuality.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well OK so he started out as guy but that doesn't mean present iceman will be guy to. Maybe he will stay straight because he likes the ladies... besides in a possible future he and kitty are married with a son. Oh who am I kidding marvel's going to milk this I know it.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@otaconmgs: Sounds like a bad Sopa Opera or a CW show.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST ANSWER ON THIS THRED SO FAR. Thanks @ariesxmasters for keeping it real and saying this.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well OK so he started out as guy but that doesn't mean present iceman will be guy to. Maybe he will stay straight because he likes the ladies... besides in a possible future he and kitty are married with a son. Oh who am I kidding marvel's going to milk this I know it.

There are a lot of gay married guys with kids. If he's still in the closet, then there is nothing out of place for him to marry a woman and have kids. I'm not saying you're wrong, but saying that marriage and kids prove that someone is straight is not a very good reason.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know I was thinking now 616 iceman is guy dose that mean marvel is going to make all the iceman's gay ? Like ultimate and other versions.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@makhai: Making him from an alternate universe would end up just as stupid and offensive. Are there any alternate reality where Wolverine was born without an X-Gene? Or one where Bruce Wayne was born a girl? Making someone gay in an alternate reality pretty much explicitly states that the guys at Marvel and DC believe sexuality is a choice, or based on upbringing. If a character is straight or gay, they would be straight or gay in ALL the realities where they are biologically the same person.

there's a reality where Wolverine is gay and is in a relationship with Hercules