Is iceman gay ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok I was looking up marvel database on guy characters and iceman from earth-trn240 is guy... Recently, he was outed as gay (by Jean) [8], whether or not this means his future counterpart is also gay has yet to be revealed. I can't believe this. Oh buy the way Hercules from 616 is still on the bisexual list :(

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I still believe that the O5 x men are from a different universe. I found this page on marvel database.

The path of the X-Men of this universe seemingly followed the same of their Earth-616 counterpart until the day when Beast from an alternate future traveled to their universe in order to inform them that the future was in a bad state, and that only these X-Men could help fix it.

I also found this under the earth TRN240 page...

An alternate Earth-616 set in the past from where the X-Men were taken to the present Earth-616 by Beast.[1] Beast intended the younger X-Men to return, but Jean convinced them to remain until they can ensure Xavier's dream on peaceful coexistence become a reality.

See two separate pages that say there from a alternate earth. But that still doesn't explain the Scott vanished thing ? If it wasn't for that one part then it would be perfect but noooooooo someone must have screwed the pooch. Oh I found this on O5 cyclops's page

The path of Scott Summers of this universe seemingly followed the same of his Earth-616 counterpart until the day when Beast from an alternate future traveled to their universe in order to inform them they needed to return with him to the future.[3] Scott and the rest of the X-Men accompanied him to a "future" where Scott had killed Xavier, and Jean was dead (with the school now named after her). The shock of this caused Jean's dormant telepathic powers to surface.[4] While confronting the "future" Cyclops, Jean read his mind and was incredibly disturbed at what she had seen. This caused her to reject Scott. Under Jean's leadership, the team decided to stay in this time until its problems were resolved.

Again alternate universe.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why do you care? What about it makes you emote with a frowny face?

Darkusdude327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure he is.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I guess will find out when uncanny x-men 600 finally comes out.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By poeticwarrior

Well I guess will find out when uncanny x-men 600 finally comes out.

Both Icemen are gay. Jeff Lemire is the writer for adult Iceman stated that both of them are gay.

Jeff Lemire: Brian Bendis won’t finish telling his story with the Icemen until UNCANNY X-MEN #600 this fall, so I don’t want to say too much, in terms of specifics. I will say that the adult Bobby Drake is the character that will appear in our series and yes, Bobby is gay post-Secret Wars. I’m excited to tell more of his story.More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/24804/the_x-men_become_extraordinary_to_survive#ixzz3j8H8RmWQ

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: that's not fair lemire has no right to do that iceman and the x-men is Stan lee's creation not his. It's not right.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least it doesn't retcon two other great characters out of existence, unlike another character that was turned gay that actually had a child bearing relationship before...

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan Scott, father of Obsidian & Jade

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: ohhh yeah that's right. Well ok if marvel wanted to make a new iceman from a alternate universe that is gay that would be cool. But that dose not mean they had to make 616 iceman gay to.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tyger

Meh, it's not like his romance choices in 616 give a lot of credit to him being straight.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger said:

Meh, it's not like his romance choices in 616 give a lot of credit to him being straight.

Kinda, the people he dated either have commitment issues, busy being dead, runaway, can't be touched, or some variety of reasons.

I know guys who dated women all their life that either come out as gay or secretly looking for guys on the down low.

@tyger said:

At least it doesn't retcon two other great characters out of existence, unlike another character that was turned gay that actually had a child bearing relationship before...

Obsidian exists on Earth-2, he's just not related to Alan Scott, similar to how Barbara is now James' daughter. They just change the relationship around.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: I thought babs was always Gordon's daughter ?

No, Barbara is used to be Gordon's niece. They changed it to daughter in the new continuity.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poeticwarrior: ummm... I see they did that so it would be more like the Bruce timm cartoon and Adam west TV show. Well could be worse at least they didn't make her Alfred's nice like in batman and robin. Lol

OtaconMGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe you should wait until uncanny x-men 600 comes out first. Maybe the writers might change there minds.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really dislike him being gay.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is now.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if DC will make Dick Grayson gay now

goncajr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Everybody knows a person that came out as homossexual in his adulthood and used to date girls. I don't know why the commotion. It's a different world now, where people can trust to be themselves without the fear to be excluded. That's exactly what Iceman was afraid of. Read Uncanny 600.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goncajr: Yeah a character who was otherwise straight and a wannabe ladies man and relationships with females he was in love with and cared about greatly, is all of a sudden gay pretty much out of nowhere. Makes me wonder If Bendis hadn't come would Iceman still be straight, yes you are right this a new world and age. I'm all down for it, but making a straight character gay for simply shock value. Along with have no other way to develop the character is otherwise disrespectful and asinine.