#1 Posted by Solomonwreath (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems to me that they have a lot in common.

#2 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably because no writer cared to explore or acknowledge such a relationship.

#3 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

because people forget hank is an awesome character and usually just make him a wife beater. And up until recently banner was never a big part of the hulk stories (even tho he is hulk) because they really just want to see hulk

#4 Edited by MaccyD (4186 posts) - - Show Bio

Banner is mainly portrayed as either being a fugitive/loner/hermit or as hulk. It's also annoying that Hank is mistreated though he's an original Avenger. You'd think being Avengers etc that Banner and Pym would be better friends over Reed/Pym?

@bigtewell-it's even worse when 616 was never a wife beater, it was a misinterpretation.

#5 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

Banner is mainly portrayed as either being a fugitive/loner/hermit or as hulk. It's also annoying that Hank is mistreated though he's an original Avenger. You'd think being Avengers etc that Banner and Pym would be better friends over Reed/Pym?

@bigtewell-it's even worse when 616 was never a wife beater, it's was a misinterpretation.

exactly. thats also why i quit reading ultimates after the first arc. they just took a shit on hank pym

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

#8 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

Also he doesn't want to cheat on Cho! ;-)

#9 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

Brain envy.

#10 Posted by boschePG (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: @bigtewell: I agree that Pym is a good character. His best showings were Byrne's run in Avengers West Coast and when he led the Mighty Avengers when he had Infinite Doors to the Mansion

@solomonwreath:

it would seem they have a connection due to that they both founded the Avengers but in truth, Hulk and Pym didnt cross much. Hulk left early and even then, the heroes werent showing who they really were at the time of comics. Secret identities meant something back then. They even retconned how Pym found out IronMan was Stark, thus destroying his scientific ego. Even more so, Banner never actually was seen with the Avengers

#11 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

The only for this is that writers are interested more in the Bruce/Stark dynamic.

#12 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

The only for this is that writers are interested more in the Bruce/Stark dynamic.

Which I'm not opposed to, that duo works for me.

#13 Edited by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: It works when it's not Stark being his usual asshole self aggravating Banner and making fun of him while Banner instead of trying to verbally dominate him or just don't let it get the best of him throws a childish tantrum instead and just Hulks out.

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (42845 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

Which I'm not opposed to, that duo works for me.

I find that Tony and Bruce's extremely contrasting personalities make their friendship particularly interesting.

#15 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

@green_skaar: It works when it's not Stark being his usual asshole self aggravating Banner and making fun of him while Banner instead of trying to verbally dominate him or just don't let it get the best of him throws a childish tantrum instead and just Hulks out.

That's what makes it so interesting! An egotistical a-hole that is constantly pushing the buttons of someone with major anger issues!

#16 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: It makes it frustrating for me, it's not friendship and they both act like children. Not to mention that PIS prevents Hulk from just crushing his skull and getting it over with, rather than having to listen to their childish bickering. If Banner actually stood up for himself against Stark, now that would be interesting to me, but nope he let's Stark dominate him and just Hulk out with basically proves Starks point.

#17 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

@green_skaar: It makes it frustrating for me, it's not friendship and they both act like children. Not to mention that PIS prevents Hulk from just crushing his skull and getting it over with, rather than having to listen to their childish bickering. If Banner actually stood up for himself against Stark, now that would be interesting to me, but nope he let's Stark dominate him and just Hulk out with basically proves Starks point.

I see your point, I'm still enjoying their interactions.

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I've taken a lot of time to think about this and it seems to me that there really isn't a reason not to give the Banner/Pym friendship a chance, well, what I mean is that there is nothing hindering the writers, not even the stark and Tony Dynamic, because that's a whole ball game to be honest. Tony and Bruce banner are more rival-ish-friends, Tony's the the Immature successful brother while Banners the dedicated nerdy big Brother who screws up even though he's just as brilliant and much more dedicated to his work, it's a fun, contrasting relationship. And while I'm fine with that, it angers me that Marvel ONLY want to push Iron man and Hulk together because tony and Bruce had a good connection in the avengers movie, so they forget anyone else that could possibly compliment Bruce's character( and vise-versa) in a cool way. The Writers could approach the the Pym/Banner relationship from a different perspective entirely. Bruce/Tony have a Brother against Brother thing going on, so we don't really need the same thing for hank as well. Instead, how about the writers try to create a complimentary relationship? Pym and Banner have had their fare share of tragedies and rough bumps in their lives, so why not try to focus on these two egg heads working really well with one another? I'm talking about exploring the concept of Two guys against the world kind of dynamic.