Why aren't Banner and Pym better friends?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c
deactivated-59dbfb60c4f7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seems to me that they have a lot in common.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably because no writer cared to explore or acknowledge such a relationship.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because people forget hank is an awesome character and usually just make him a wife beater. And up until recently banner was never a big part of the hulk stories (even tho he is hulk) because they really just want to see hulk

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MakkyD

Banner is mainly portrayed as either being a fugitive/loner/hermit or as hulk. It's also annoying that Hank is mistreated though he's an original Avenger. You'd think being Avengers etc that Banner and Pym would be better friends over Reed/Pym?

@bigtewell-it's even worse when 616 was never a wife beater, it was a misinterpretation.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

Banner is mainly portrayed as either being a fugitive/loner/hermit or as hulk. It's also annoying that Hank is mistreated though he's an original Avenger. You'd think being Avengers etc that Banner and Pym would be better friends over Reed/Pym?

@bigtewell-it's even worse when 616 was never a wife beater, it's was a misinterpretation.

exactly. thats also why i quit reading ultimates after the first arc. they just took a shit on hank pym

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

Probably because no writer cared to explore or acknowledge such a relationship.

Also he doesn't want to cheat on Cho! ;-)

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Brain envy.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@maccyd: @bigtewell: I agree that Pym is a good character. His best showings were Byrne's run in Avengers West Coast and when he led the Mighty Avengers when he had Infinite Doors to the Mansion

@solomonwreath:

it would seem they have a connection due to that they both founded the Avengers but in truth, Hulk and Pym didnt cross much. Hulk left early and even then, the heroes werent showing who they really were at the time of comics. Secret identities meant something back then. They even retconned how Pym found out IronMan was Stark, thus destroying his scientific ego. Even more so, Banner never actually was seen with the Avengers

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only for this is that writers are interested more in the Bruce/Stark dynamic.

Which I'm not opposed to, that duo works for me.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RaynorJ

@green_skaar: It works when it's not Stark being his usual asshole self aggravating Banner and making fun of him while Banner instead of trying to verbally dominate him or just don't let it get the best of him throws a childish tantrum instead and just Hulks out.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@theacidskull said:

The only for this is that writers are interested more in the Bruce/Stark dynamic.

Which I'm not opposed to, that duo works for me.

I find that Tony and Bruce's extremely contrasting personalities make their friendship particularly interesting.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@green_skaar: It works when it's not Stark being his usual asshole self aggravating Banner and making fun of him while Banner instead of trying to verbally dominate him or just don't let it get the best of him throws a childish tantrum instead and just Hulks out.

That's what makes it so interesting! An egotistical a-hole that is constantly pushing the buttons of someone with major anger issues!

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: It makes it frustrating for me, it's not friendship and they both act like children. Not to mention that PIS prevents Hulk from just crushing his skull and getting it over with, rather than having to listen to their childish bickering. If Banner actually stood up for himself against Stark, now that would be interesting to me, but nope he let's Stark dominate him and just Hulk out with basically proves Starks point.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@green_skaar: It makes it frustrating for me, it's not friendship and they both act like children. Not to mention that PIS prevents Hulk from just crushing his skull and getting it over with, rather than having to listen to their childish bickering. If Banner actually stood up for himself against Stark, now that would be interesting to me, but nope he let's Stark dominate him and just Hulk out with basically proves Starks point.

I see your point, I'm still enjoying their interactions.