#1 Posted by Bezza (3349 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Waid has won lots of plaudits for his Hulk run, but personally I don't really like the Indescructible Hulk series that much. For me, Pak and then Aaron did Hulk better, but I accept others will disagree and I am a Waid fan, seeing as I rate Kingdom Come as my favourite graphic novel ever. Anyway, who would you like to see write Hulk if and when Waid steps aside? I think I would like to see Geoff Johns have a go, or even Scott Snyder!

#2 Posted by GreenScar1990 (529 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns would be one of my top choices. He loves the Hulk and the character's history. I think he would give us Pak-level stories.

Scott Snyder would also be a welcome choice. He would definitely give us some interesting threats and intriguing storylines. He would probably write a perfect Banner, given how tech-savy he is with Batman.

J. Michael Straczynski, Fred Van Lente, Grant Morrison, Jeff Parker, Cullen Bunn, Rick Remender and Jonathan Hickman would also be good choices for similar reasons.

#3 Posted by Killemall (18250 posts) - - Show Bio

I have always been a huge fan of Peter David run of Hulk. Apart from the character looking bad ass the stories were so much fun to follow.

I would ideally want him back..

Hickman . Starlin. And Remender would be my other choices as these are guys known for cosmic stories

#4 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17250 posts) - - Show Bio

Cullen Bunn might cut it. But for now I hugely disagree with the choices here, aside from Peter David of course. Fred Ven Lente probably gets the hulk as well as Pak does, so I'll want him about everyone else, though I can't really decide who I want for Hulk right now. Hickman and Remender are out of the question, I dislike their writing immensely, I guess the only Other writer I'd pick would be Chris Yost, he writes with passion.

F*CK! how could I forget Jeff Parker? O_O He is my top pick after waid.

#5 Edited by RaynorJ (1485 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone that can give me a satisfying Hulk based adventure/story, i.e. the opposite of what Waid is doing.

#6 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeff Parker

#7 Edited by Lvenger (18242 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeff Parker would be my ideal choice given the quality of his Hulk annual. And I hear Fred Van Lente understands the Hulk quite well. Maybe Yost since he's a good writer as well or Joshua Hale Fialkov.

#8 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17250 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Jeff Parker would be my ideal choice given the quality of his Hulk annual. And I hear Fred Van Lente understands the Hulk quite well. Maybe Yost since he's a good writer as well or Joshua Hale Fialkov.

Joshua who?

Geoff Johns would be one of my top choices. He loves the Hulk and the character's history. I think he would give us Pak-level stories.

Scott Snyder would also be a welcome choice. He would definitely give us some interesting threats and intriguing storylines. He would probably write a perfect Banner, given how tech-savy he is with Batman.

J. Michael Straczynski, Fred Van Lente, Grant Morrison, Jeff Parker, Cullen Bunn, Rick Remender and Jonathan Hickman would also be good choices for similar reasons.

NU to the crossed ones.

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Cullen Bunn might cut it. But for now I hugely disagree with the choices here, aside from Peter David of course. Fred Ven Lente probably gets the hulk as well as Pak does, so I'll want him about everyone else, though I can't really decide who I want for Hulk right now. Hickman and Remender are out of the question, I dislike their writing immensely, I guess the only Other writer I'd pick would be Chris Yost, he writes with passion.

Jeff Parker is the one and only choice alongside Ven Lente or you know, Pak could just come back :D

But seriously, I thought I was the only one who detested Hickman's writing. It just feels like the man is largely bipolar. As for Remender, his work is a hit and miss for me.

#10 Edited by Lvenger (18242 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Hale Fialkov. He's currently writing stuff for the Ultimate Universe like the Cataclysm event. He also wrote the Alpha miniseries and contributed to ASM 692 and 700 with two very good stories. I wouldn't mind him writing Hulk for a while.

#11 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17250 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

Jeff Parker is the one and only choice alongside Ven Lente or you know, Pak could just come back :D

But seriously, I thought I was the only one who detested Hickman's writing. It just feels like the man is largely bipolar. As for Remender, his work is a hit and miss for me.

Totally agree about Remender and Hickman.

Rick is hit or miss while hickman is crap.

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull: Hale Fialkov. He's currently writing stuff for the Ultimate Universe like the Cataclysm event. He also wrote the Alpha miniseries and contributed to ASM 692 and 700 with two very good stories. I wouldn't mind him writing Hulk for a while.

Interesting :)

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I read about five issues of his Avengers run and I don't know, it felt so out of place and some of the context was so misplaced that it was just irritating how quickly he changed tones.

#13 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17250 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

Yeah, I read about five issues of his Avengers run and I don't know, it felt so out of place and some of the context was so misplaced that it was just irritating how quickly he changed tones.

Exactly, and he has writes characters as props. Jeff Parker would be damn perfect.

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly, and he has writes characters as props. Jeff Parker would be damn perfect.

Especially after COMPLETELY reinvigorating Rulk's entire character. Without a doubt the ideal Hulk writer.

#15 Edited by Lvenger (18242 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Crave Online touted the end of Infinity as one of the best events since COIE. And I was dumbfounded by that comment given how weak Hickman's characterisation is coupled with his confusing plots and misplaced story tone.

#16 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17250 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

@theacidskull said:

Especially after COMPLETELY reinvigorating Rulk's entire character. Without a doubt the ideal Hulk writer.

Indeed!

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull: Crave Online touted the end of Infinity as one of the best events since COIE. And I was dumbfounded by that comment given how weak Hickman's characterisation is coupled with his confusing plots and misplaced story tone.

Yeah, pretty dumb:(

#17 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Christopher Hastings. I was very impressed with his work with Long Shot, I'd like to see what he could do with Hulk.

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17250 posts) - - Show Bio

Christopher Hastings. I was very impressed with his work with Long Shot, I'd like to see what he could do with Hulk.

I haven't read the other installments for Legion saves the MU. :P is it THAT good?

#19 Posted by Bezza (3349 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I thought Infinity was very over-rated, couldn't see what all the fuss was about and all Hulk fans just got to see of Hulk in all this was in Issue 6 where he took a run at Thanos, got swatted away, got up again and then attacked by Thanos' lackey. We got very little in the way of proper action, just brief examples of Thanos putting Thor and Black Bolt in their place....Marvel can do better than this.

#20 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17250 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and umm Nick Spencer could be great too.

#21 Edited by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeff Parker is a good choice since he managed to make a completely different and right turn with the Hulk series based on Red Hulk and turning the book into a good read.