This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Zardu (345 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: What is the right size for the Hulk? (17 votes)

7 ft 0%
7,5 ft 12%
8 ft 24%
9 ft 24%
10 ft 41%

Comic Hulk: 6,6 ft - 9 ft

Ang Lee Hulk: 9 ft, 12 ft, 15 ft

Norton Hulk: 9 ft

Ruffalo Hulk: 8 ft

Here some pictures:

What do you think? What is the right size for the Hulk?

#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17792 posts) - - Show Bio

10 feet or more

#2 Edited by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Most have a problem with a size which is over 9 feet. Fans say: "He´s not a giant." I would not mind if Hulk can adapt his size to situations (as in the Ang Lee movie). The biggest problem is Hulk relative to a tank. If he can not tower over a tank, then he looks pretty puny.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17792 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu said:

@theacidskull: Most have a problem with a size which is over 9 feet. Fans say: "He´s not a giant." I would not mind if Hulk can adapt his size to situations (as in the Ang Lee movie). The biggest problem is Hulk relative to a tank. If he can not tower over a tank, then he looks pretty puny.

Hulk is a ginat, or anyways i think that he should be. The word HULK mean something Very big and bulky, it's also refereed to as large ships. and HULKs status is the ' strongest there is", if he can't tower over Normal and meta humans then he isn't the Hulk. The Hulk Should be large, not a size of a building but he should be larger than a tank, kinda like his ultimate version which is much larger than humans, his hands are the size of humans bodies from head to waist, and thats the way i like it, thats why i like ed , paul and Yu as artists for the hulk, because with then the hulk is amazingly large and POWERFUL. again i'm not saying that hulk should be the size of a small hous, but it would not be bad if hulk were at least 10 to 11 feet tall, i'm generally OK with hulk being 8 to 9 feet tall due to the fact that he still looks very large, but in Jason aarons issue 10 hulk was slightly taller than a kid, which sucked really.

#4 Posted by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Yes, I know what you mean. However, Hulk was originally about 7 ft. Perhaps the reason is the average height in the '60s. At that time a man with 7 ft was a giant. Today, it´s not the case anymore.

What do you think about a growing Hulk?

#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17792 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu said:

@theacidskull: Yes, I know what you mean. However, Hulk was originally about 7 ft. Perhaps the reason is the average height in the '60s. At that time a man with 7 ft was a giant. Today, it´s not the case anymore.

It WOuld make sense if HUlk Grew with his anger, considering he gets stronger, but then again this is Comics soo nothing ever really makes sense :P

#6 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not the size of the Hulk, its the motion in the radioactive green rage monster-ulk.

#7 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Hulk's doesn't have to grow in size constantly.

If he's becoming a cosmic force rivaling Galactus then i'd expect a size change like in the HOTM story line.

@knightrise:

Yep.he's a radioactive monster-dude. What has size got to do with being super charged with the power of gamma rays? Not much.

The Hulk isn't King Kong.

Like Hulk himself says: "Strength is what matters, not size... and Hulk is strongest there is!!"

#8 Edited by GreenScar1990 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I think Hulk should be around 8 feet 8 inches in height and over 2,000 pounds. That's how large Hulk was during Pak's tenure and Mark Waid's current run. He's supposed to be massive, towering over even guys as large as Thor. I could settle for 8-8.6 feet tall & 1,500-2,000 pounds, but no less than that.

I mean, think about it.

Thor is 6.6 feet tall and 650 lbs. If Hulk were 8.6 feet tall and weighs 2,000 lbs, that make him 2 feet taller and nearly three times as heavy in mass as Thor.

#9 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise:

Yep.he's a radioactive monster-dude. What has size got to do with being super charged with the power of gamma rays? Not much.

The Hulk isn't King Kong.

Like Hulk himself says: "Strength is what matters, not size... and Hulk is strongest there is!!"

The point you have missed

#10 Edited by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Here two examples:

In feet: 9/12/15
I would say, this is too much.

If Hulk has to interact with the Avengers, a gigantic size would be difficult. However, if he is fighting against war machine, he should be huge. Hulk is strong, but he is subject to the laws of physics. If he, for example, want to throw a tank, he gets in trouble. Because a tank weighs more than 60 tons. He also needs a good grip. With small hands it is impossible. Either he remains as big as he is or he should grow. There is no other solution.

(By the way: the soldier in my pictures is 5,97 ft/182 cm.)

#11 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17792 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu said:

Here two examples:

In feet: 9/12/15
I would say, this is too much.

The One on the Right is perfect.

#12 Edited by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

10+

#13 Posted by Verotikryptonite (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu: 7.5 Is perfect to me. You don't want the Hulk so big it looks like he's just bullying small children when he's smacking around Thor. And I don't want him so big he towers over the likes of Juggernaut. Hulk is the strongest one there is, not the biggest there is. And Ang Lee was the worse thing to happen to the Hulk since Jeff Purves. If you want a giant I suggest you pick The Incredible wife beater Hank Pym.

#14 Posted by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@verotikryptonite: When one consider that Hulk is also very wide, then 7.5 ft is sufficient.

#15 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17792 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu said:

@verotikryptonite: When one consider that Hulk is also very wide, then 7.5 ft is sufficient.

no no! thats too small, hulk should AT least be 9 feet tall, even 8 feet seems small for me.

#16 Posted by Verotikryptonite (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Now keep in mind Hulk would be 4x the width of Yao. And Hulk would also have about a 13 foot wing-span

#17 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17792 posts) - - Show Bio

@verotikryptonite: yao is a normal human , hulk is a gamma charged monster. see what i'm getting at?

#18 Posted by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I like a giant Hulk, especially when he fights against tanks, jets and helicopters. But if he has to interact with people (Avengers), then it would be better if he had not more than 9 ft. Hence a growing Hulk would actually be the best solution.

#19 Edited by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17792 posts) - - Show Bio

@zardu: Awesome art! where is that from?

also i think a growing hulk would be ok, but i'd say if the make hulk 10-11 feet he could be a giant but also interact with the avengers :P

#21 Edited by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: This is from "The Ultimates #8".

10 -11 ft? ... hm ... yep, it´s awesome :-)

#22 Edited by Zardu (345 posts) - - Show Bio

This Hulk statue is 7,9 ft (240 cm). But I have to say: he doesn´t look too small.

He is not exactly upright.
The soldier is 182 cm (just as in the other pictures).

#23 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

I say 9 to 10 maybe even 11!