Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They could name the movie: The Incredible PIS or the Walking PIS.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

huh?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

Probably just a teaser. I highly doubt they'll ship Hulk off world.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

Probably just a teaser. I highly doubt they'll ship Hulk off world.

Well the MCU does seem to be loving it's cosmic side these days

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheesesticks said:

huh?

Just a hater, moving along, I'd love for a Planet Hulk movie, but not getting my hopes up w/o more information. Nice find though!

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RaynorJ

@cheesesticks said:

huh?

What he meant to say is he is butthurt over certain events and still can't get over them even though years have passed.

On the topic, i honestly doubt this Sakaarson will have anything to do with a future Planet Hulk movie. I really doubt we will ever see a Planet Hulk movie.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, i love you too guys.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I really don't want a Planet Hulk movie. It'd nullify the role Mark Ruffalo played in the film and as the reception of Avengers showed, people responded to Ruffalo's portrayal of Banner and a light hearted Hulk. Planet Hulk nullifies those two things as it requires more Hulk time and a more brooding, moody and serious Hulk characterisation.

Still, glad to see there's name dropping and references of the wider Marvel Universe source material in GOTG.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@lvenger said:

I really don't want a Planet Hulk movie. It'd nullify the role Mark Ruffalo played in the film and as the reception of Avengers showed, people responded to Ruffalo's portrayal of Banner and a light hearted Hulk. Planet Hulk nullifies those two things as it requires more Hulk time and a more brooding, moody and serious Hulk characterisation.

Still, glad to see there's name dropping and references of the wider Marvel Universe source material in GOTG.

Well I'm sure Marvel could find a way to put Ruffalo on screen just as much as hulk.

Also what stories would you want in a new Hulk film that would keep the light hearted/Ruffalo ratio high?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

This is a fun little teaser but I don't want a Planet Hulk movie yet.If Marvel manage to make a Hulk movie and give us some more bonding time with the character on the screen then they can have some fun and make a Planet Hulk movie.But for now for me this movie should be off limits.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@theacidskull said:

@lvenger said:

Well I'm sure Marvel could find a way to put Ruffalo on screen just as much as hulk.

Also what stories would you want in a new Hulk film that would keep the light hearted/Ruffalo ratio high?

I'd say Peter Davids Merged story if they could pull it off, But Most of hulks stories are sometimes tied to characters that don't exist in the movie verse so they'd take separate introductions, so the only close adaptation that could happen is Pak's or davids versions only with a different twist.

hm that doesn't excite me as much as Planet Hulk would

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Not as exciting as gladiator Hulk leading an uprising and taking over a planet then heading back to earth to unleash gamma tinged retribution on the Avengers also the possibility of seeing my favourite Hulk Skaar

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If you think about it: the Terrestrial Hulk movies have been so so. Planet Hulk was a great story and might be just what Jade Jaws needs to get over the movieverse hump. I love the freaking Hulk by the way. In the 90s I said he was my fave.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: It wont happen any time soon. And honestly i don't want it to. Having a Planet Hulk movie would mean the team fell apart and i don't want that, at least not yet i wanna see a few more Avengers movies than possibly a planet Hulk one if done right. They could easily work around Banner to be more in the movie but the thing is with motion capture they can do what they want, Ruffalo can still act out the entire movie as the Hulk like Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana did in Avatar and many films like that. But before a Planet Hulk movie we will need at least 1 more original Hulk movie. I am hoping we see one in phase 3 but who knows.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

But that dilutes the fact that Planet Hulk is much more of a Hulk story than it is about the dynamics between Banner and Hulk. If there is a Hulk film in the future, it needs to explore the dynamics between Banner and Hulk along with fitting the tone of the MCU and bringing in past Hulk material from stuff like Peter David's run or maybe Bill Mantelo's run.

@theacidskull: Not as exciting as gladiator Hulk leading an uprising and taking over a planet then heading back to earth to unleash gamma tinged retribution on the Avengers also the possibility of seeing my favourite Hulk Skaar

I'd be a little more sceptical about Planet Hulk. Well I am sceptical about a Planet Hulk film. It doesn't fit within the context of the Marvel Cinematic Universe IMO nor can it be given its epic grandeur without a sufficient number of superheroes on the screen to do it. And bringing that many characters together can convolute and clutter up what's going on.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

If they can work out a Planet Hulk movie then my goodness that would be incredible. I mean, Disney already owns all the development for John Carter, so they're already more than halfway there as far as concept building.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I don't think it dilutes it because the whole deal with Planet/WWH was Banner and Hulk working in complete agreement so I think you could have ample time Ruffalo and Hulk time with compromise and I don't think it would be a problem making it grand when you look at the Avengers and GotG movies.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger: I don't think it dilutes it because the whole deal with Planet/WWH was Banner and Hulk working in complete agreement so I think you could have ample time Ruffalo and Hulk time with compromise and I don't think it would be a problem making it grand when you look at the Avengers and GotG movies.

That works in a comic book format and it's what made Planet Hulk my favourite Hulk storyline. But it doesn't work so well on screen, especially when the Banner scenes that'd have to be put in for Ruffalo to get screen time would dilute from what material from the Planet Hulk storyline could be put in. There's just too many problems with doing Planet Hulk IMO. I mean All Star Superman doesn't really work as a live action film does it? There are certain stories which are too problematic to put in live action and Planet Hulk is one of them for me.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

That works in a comic book format and it's what made Planet Hulk my favourite Hulk storyline. But it doesn't work so well on screen, especially when the Banner scenes that'd have to be put in for Ruffalo to get screen time would dilute from what material from the Planet Hulk storyline could be put in. There's just too many problems with doing Planet Hulk IMO. I mean All Star Superman doesn't really work as a live action film does it? There are certain stories which are too problematic to put in live action and Planet Hulk is one of them for me.

I disagree but to each there own

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lvenger said:

Still, glad to see there's name dropping and references of the wider Marvel Universe source material in GOTG. @jonny_anonymous

I didn't bother reading the rest of yours convo because it gets lengthy so I'll cut in here :P. Planet Hulk COULD work if they have Hulk already on the planet doing his thing, fighting and making friends, and then show Ruffalo in flash back scenes to show HOW it came to this point. I'd break it up into about 65% Hulk and 35% Ruffalo or 55% Hulk and 45% Ruffalo, just so he has a chance to shine. Then they at the end they could lead into WWH with Avengers…crap they'd have to make it Avengers 4, I guess since 3 is Thanos. So maybe they send Hulk into space because he FSU's everything in the battle or Thanos mind controls him or something. Just an idea, not sure if anyone said this in the comments after this one :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: It's a very good idea in theory mate, that much I would never doubt from you. And Planet Hulk does have the potential to be a good film. My main issue is putting into practice especially in this particular period of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I sort of see where both parties are coming from in this debate. I want a Planet Hulk movie and then a WWH Hulk one, but first want to see a Ruffalo stand alone movie, because the two Hulk movies to date have not been successful for various reasons. First one was too "art-house" for most tastes (I like it), second one was just a rank poor portrayal of Hulk IMO.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DEGRAAF

@jonny_anonymous: @lvenger: @theacidskull: @jonsmith:

I think it is happening!!!

There is plenty of evidence supporting this theory.

1. simply the rumors of the movie

2. the rock character from Thor

A Kronan,yes they have been part of Thor's background but are known for the Planet Hulk Story
A Kronan,yes they have been part of Thor's background but are known for the Planet Hulk Story

3. Scrapped art work & info from Thor Dark World

Labelled Oldstrong marauder but looks alot like Caiera
Labelled Oldstrong marauder but looks alot like Caiera

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1720174/thor-dark-world-concept-art-world-war-hulk.jhtml

4. Then the news of a rampaging Hulk through a city in the upcoming Avengers Age of Ultron

5. and now GOTG opening up the cosmos and one of the first things we see is Sakaarian soldiers?

@jonny_anonymous said:

So it turns out those guys that are with Korath in the trailer are actually Sakaarans so does that mean the planet that the orb Star Lord is after is on Sakaar itself? Do you think this is just a fun little teaser or does this signal a future Hulk film using the Planet Hulk and World War Hulk storylines?

No Caption Provided

Guardians Of The Galaxy Toys Include Sakaaran Trooper, Previously Unannounced in the Film | Comicbook.com

Again read the MTV article pushing the same theory (up to January though so no GOTG info related)

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1720174/thor-dark-world-concept-art-world-war-hulk.jhtml

also check out the new article about the subject as well by Firstshowing.net

http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/marvel-plans-planet-hulk-movie-world-war-hulk-for-avengers-3/

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

I sort of see where both parties are coming from in this debate. I want a Planet Hulk movie and then a WWH Hulk one, but first want to see a Ruffalo stand alone movie, because the two Hulk movies to date have not been successful for various reasons. First one was too "art-house" for most tastes (I like it), second one was just a rank poor portrayal of Hulk IMO.

I could live with that. I just don't want to see a Planet Hulk movie straight away.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lvenger
the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

Planet Hulk would be interesting-however Marvel already did an animated movie called Planet Hulk, which I really enjoyed.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DEGRAAF

@lvenger said:

@degraaf: Except Whedon has denied any Planet Hulk possibility so there goes your theory out the window completely: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/05/joss-whedon-denies-planet-hulk-storyline-for-the-avengers-2 Also the Kronan rock monster was a throw back to the rock monsters that first appeared in Journey into Mystery #83 - The Stone Men From Saturn! which in turn inspired Pak to bring in a Kronan from that invasion in Planet Hulk.

of course he is going to deny something that is still that far off. Also it keeps possible end credit scenes a surprise. Yeah i knew they were in a Thor series before Hulk series

Just seems like a lot of evidence that everything is falling into place for a Planet hulk movie with the only thing denying it is the ppl making it that is known for wanting to keep surprises

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By Erkan12

Well, Planet Hulk and WWH are great materiels for marvel, i believe they will use it eventually in movies.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think that one of the few Hulk storylines outside of some of the stuff from Peter David's run that would work as a movie would definitely be Planet Hulk....Hulk is one of those characters where it's kind of hard to do a solo movie since most of the noncomic reading population only know of the "Hulk Smash" persona but with Planet Hulk (or Peter David stuff) you could introduce a smart Hulk and with Planet Hulk you could still keep Ruffalo around for mocap work

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@danhimself: Yea and we need a big successful Hulk movie, they didn't even name drop it with th other films on the GotG poster :-(

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet Hulk would be interesting-however Marvel already did an animated movie called Planet Hulk, which I really enjoyed.

Yea but that doesn't mean they cant do a live action one, The Ultimates animated movie was basically the plot they used for Avengers.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#41  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Planet Hulk could work but WWH could not. In WWH he fought Hercules, X-Men, Sentry, etc. Marvel do not even have the rights for X-Men.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Planet Hulk could work but WWH could not. In WWH he fought Hercules, X-Men, Sentry, etc. Marvel do not even have the rights for X-Men.

I thought they didn't have the rights to Silver Surfer either, that is why Beta ray Bill had to play that part in the animated Planet Hulk.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

they don't need to be in it though...they could easily be replaced with characters that Marvel does own...plus it definitely won't be a beat for beat adaption either

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

I thought they didn't have the rights to Silver Surfer either, that is why Beta ray Bill had to play that part in the animated Planet Hulk.

Probably something of the sort. But a Planet Hulk movie is far more feasible, they would just struggle to continue the storyline.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

they don't need to be in it though...they could easily be replaced with characters that Marvel does own...plus it definitely won't be a beat for beat adaption either

There's no point then. There are too many characters in WWH that would not make it to the movie, thus making it less epic.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@danhimself said:

@frozen said:

There's no point then. There are too many characters in WWH that would not make it to the movie, thus making it less epic.

of course there would be a point...a lot of them aren't essential to the story

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dum529001

So it turns out those guys that are with Korath in the trailer are actually Sakaarans so does that mean the planet that the orb Star Lord is after is on Sakaar itself? Do you think this is just a fun little teaser or does this signal a future Hulk film using the Planet Hulk and World War Hulk storylines?

No Caption Provided

Guardians Of The Galaxy Toys Include Sakaaran Trooper, Previously Unannounced in the Film | Comicbook.com

Its far too soon for a Planet Hulk movie. They need to show-off the Hulk some more, give him a bunch of good adventures before exiling him for a year. Planet Hulk was built up from everything Hulk went through over the years. It happened for a good reason, so give it a reason to happen. That means that it should be a long while and many stories leading up to it before Mavel finally goes through with it. There are plenty of good Hulk stories besides Planet Hulk so we should be willing to wait and experince plenty of other storylines so that once it finally comes it will have some real impact.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

Its far too soon for a Planet Hulk movie. They need to show-off the Hulk some more, give him a bunch of good adventures before exiling him for a year. Planet Hulk was built up from everything Hulk went through over the years. It happened for a good reason, so give it a reason to happen. That means that it should be a long while and many stories leading up to it before Mavel finally goes through with it. There are plenty of good Hulk stories besides Planet Hulk so we should be willing to wait and experince plenty of other storylines so that once it finally comes it will have some real impact.

Hulk has already had two movies and neither of them did well, all they really need to do is have Hulk got nuts/get controlled by the bad guys in the next Avengers movie and that would do.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dum529001

@dum529001 said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

Hulk has already had two movies and neither of them did well, all they really need to do is have Hulk got nuts/get controlled by the bad guys in the next Avengers movie and that would do.

Why the rush?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@dum529001 said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

Why the rush?

making two and a half movies then a Planet Hulk movie isn't rushing