• 57 results
Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Magethor

If Hulk was standing on the surface of the sun and there was an indestructible chain connected to his hand to Earth.... Can Hulk pull the Earth towards the sun?

P.S: Juggernaut and Rulk are capping jokes at Hulk while he is pulling.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By FourthDeity

Neither Jugg or Rulk are capable or trolling Hulk into getting enough strength for that.

Deadpool on the other hand...

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ximpossibrux

Torture Betty right in front of him and he should be able to pull earth.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Almighty_Darkseid

no he cant, and he would have died by even going near the sun

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AngryHulks

Slapping him over and over, given enough time he could possibly pull the Earth.

If you assume he could take the Sun's temperature. I don't know how long he'll last on the surface, but he has endured the temperature equals to the core of the Sun before.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Magethor

@AngryHulks said:

If you assume he could take the Sun's temperature. I don't know how long he'll last on the surface, but he has endured the temperature equals to the core of the Sun before.

Well the sun does give out alot of Gamma Radiation.

YoggSaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By YoggSaron

@Magethor said:

@AngryHulks said:

Well the sun does give out alot of Gamma Radiation.

It does not. Though it does produce it, the gamma rays do not reach the Sun's surface.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Trinity00

He fails too because he can't survive on the sun.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngryHulks

He'll sink toward the Sun and get obliterated anyway as the Sun is not solid.

Making an walkway through the space for him to walk on is better setting.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh yea, and also he cant even breathe in space...

mightyzeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mightyzeus

it depends on what mood the hulk is in

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Enosisik

He's thinking of pulsars or novas and blah blah ... But anyway let's say he's standing on Galactus's ship since even if Hulk did become strong enough to pull the Earth to the sun or another planet it would take him like millions of years. And we were worried about the temp,huh.. Yes he could pull the Earth given the right amount of motivation. His entire gimmick is that he just keeps getting stronger and I see him being able to do anything Superman has done.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Mercy_

This is not a battle.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Kallarkz

No

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Magethor

@FourthDeity: @Kallarkz: @Enosisik: @mightyzeus: @AngryHulks: @Almighty_Darkseid: @Trinity00:

Read this:

Hulk can and has survived space and even heat much hotter than the sun. Nuclear explosions are hotter then the surface of the sun and despite that there is gamma radiation on the Sun's surfac, keep in mind that Hulk's body itself is a transcontinental antenna directly linked to a demension of unlimited gamma radiation.

Well, most people probably don't know how the Hulk's powers actually work, so just lets get this straight
He gets his power from some unknown dimension. From it he gets mass, bones, tissues, energy, all what makes hima Hulk. It is in his official bio

Notice how it is said "presumably extra-dimensional".
We all know that in Secret Wars #8 Beyonder said that Hulk's power was infinite, had no finite element and resembled himself actually.
This is not a glorify Hulk thread or anything but seriously, I'm very interested what is such a dimension that allows Hulk to
- punch through timestorms, dimensions, destroy cosmoses
- break the "unbreakables" like Adamantium, Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, Flame of Life which was created by Deviants to fight Gods and Celestials, forcefields of Doom, Collector, Onslaught's armor and others
- performing ridiculous feats of strength like resisting anti-matter attraction, punching asteroids, lifting mountains
- being able to see astral projections, grasping pure energy, being unaffected by intangibility, magic, etc..
There are other ridiculous feats of Hulk that I have in my collection, I can support scans for any if you ask
But there is one thing here

Surfer says its inter-dimensional. So extra or inter ?
There is another interesting scan here

Notice the last part about "walking nexus of reality".
It's pretty interesting, you see, whenever Hulk transforms back to Banner the energy and mass returns to that dimension. Gamma rays and anger seem to somewhat transfer the flow of energy from that source.
So could that dimension be the ultimate source of unlimited power seeing how even beings from beyond found no limit to it ?

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kallarkz

Wonderful.

No Hulk couldn't move the Earth to the sun.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Enosisik

@megather. Why are you quoting me ? Nothing you just said had anything to do with what i said... Hulk has been able to hold his breath in space for a looooong time, idk why ppl still say he can't survive in space. Makes no sense.

mightyzeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mightyzeus

@Magethor: it doesnt answer my question what mood is hulk in?

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Magethor

@Enosisik said:

@megather. Why are you quoting me ? Nothing you just said had anything to do with what i said... Hulk has been able to hold his breath in space for a looooong time, idk why ppl still say he can't survive in space. Makes no sense.

I quoted you because the topic was moved to the Hulk Forum so I wanted to move everyone here since it can't be found on the battle forum.

@mightyzeus said:

@Magethor: it doesnt answer my question what mood is hulk in?

Angry.

mightyzeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mightyzeus

@ Magethor: in that case i think he can since he did destroy an asteroid which was bigger than the earth when he was angry of cource

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Enosisik

K.. Like I said ignoring the science issues and the possibility of Hulk being damaged by the sun. Yes with enough build up he should be able to . That whole where his power comes from stuff annoys me since his classic story was about anger. The dimension stuff is just there to explain how it could be limitless but I hate the concept because it doesn't fit the character.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kallarkz

So Superman needed help from Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter

but Hulk can solo it?

Right.

Freakologist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Freakologist

Where would he put his feet for grip and leverage?

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Enosisik

If Superman sun dipped he could do it easily... We are talking about an extra string version of Hulk so don't start crying about Superman's feats. Hulk has a near unlimited amour of power that he can draw from gamma radiation and that extra dimension stuff, so it's perfectly reasonable that he could do it if given enough of a boost in power.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By PowerHerc

The surface of the sun, huh?

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By daak1212

Yes

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Greendevil

@Magethor said:

@FourthDeity: @Kallarkz: @Enosisik: @mightyzeus: @AngryHulks: @Almighty_Darkseid: @Trinity00:

Read this:

Hulk can and has survived space and even heat much hotter than the sun. Nuclear explosions are hotter then the surface of the sun and despite that there is gamma radiation on the Sun's surfac, keep in mind that Hulk's body itself is a transcontinental antenna directly linked to a demension of unlimited gamma radiation.

Well, most people probably don't know how the Hulk's powers actually work, so just lets get this straight
He gets his power from some unknown dimension. From it he gets mass, bones, tissues, energy, all what makes hima Hulk. It is in his official bio

We all know that in Secret Wars #8 Beyonder said that Hulk's power was infinite, had no finite element and resembled himself actually.
This is not a glorify Hulk thread or anything but seriously, I'm very interested what is such a dimension that allows Hulk to
- break the "unbreakables" like Adamantium, Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, Flame of Life which was created by Deviants to fight Gods and Celestials, forcefields of Doom, Collector, Onslaught's armor and others
- performing ridiculous feats of strength like resisting anti-matter attraction, punching asteroids, lifting mountains
- being able to see astral projections, grasping pure energy, being unaffected by intangibility, magic, etc..
There are other ridiculous feats of Hulk that I have in my collection, I can support scans for any if you ask

It's pretty interesting, you see, whenever Hulk transforms back to Banner the energy and mass returns to that dimension. Gamma rays and anger seem to somewhat transfer the flow of energy from that source.
So could that dimension be the ultimate source of unlimited power seeing how even beings from beyond found no limit to it ?

excellent post

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FourthDeity

@Greendevil said:

@Magethor said:

Read this:

excellent post

agreed.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AngryHulks

According to the feat Hulk never move anything even quarter of a Earth's weight yet. Though I can't argue that in theory, Hulk was meant to have unlimited strength.

So assuming Hulk can survive in the Sun by continuing absorbing gamma radiation from the Sun to boost his durability, he won't have a place to walk to. Sun's surface is not solid, and he will not be able to walk on. However, if there's cosmic highway in the space, he probably could do it assuming there's enough gamma radiation and plenty of anger.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By gravitypress

Im gonna say no. He might be able to destroy a planet but it would take many times more force to pull it away from its gravitational field. A planet technically weighs nothing in space it just gravitational fields.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bo88gdan

Yes he can 

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By 80sBaby

Hulk's already overcome enough energy to move a planet from it's orbit, so I don't see why he couldn't do this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Yes. The sun would be providing him with more strength through the radiation it emits.

pinso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pinso

i didn't knew sun emitted gamma rays, if thats the case its only presumable that he would grow stronger, if superman can grow stronger with solar energy, i don't see why HULK could not , it would not be an exaggeratted hypothesis, but then again their would have to be some solid surface to put his foot onto, provided if their is then it could be done. But i like the other way around, HULK pulling the Sun towards Earth, now he could that if their were some real motive behind that.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@pinso said:

i didn't knew sun emitted gamma rays, if thats the case its only presumable that he would grow stronger, if superman can grow stronger with solar energy, i don't see why HULK could not , it would not be an exaggeratted hypothesis, but then again their would have to be some solid surface to put his foot onto, provided if their is then it could be done. But i like the other way around, HULK pulling the Sun towards Earth, now he could that if their were some real motive behind that.

The Sun emits radiation across all parts of the Spectrum. We just associate it most with visible light, UV light, and infrared light because we can see those and the effects of those most easily, that and they're the spectra the sun emits the most of. Other spectra the sun emits such as Gamma and X-rays are deflected by the Earth's magnetosphere or are absorbed by the Ozone layer, so we don't really feel their effects. However, due to the wonkiness of things in the core of the sun, the gamma rays emitted there take a very long time to leave the sun as in longer than your life time long, but there's always a constant stream of gamma radiation coming out of the sun.

Were everything but the Gamma and X-ray output of the sun to be removed, it'd still be more than enough energy to wipe out all life on Earth with just a second's worth of output if the entirety of the energy were to be focused on Earth. The ionizing effects of the radiation would be enough to cause massive cell death and radiation related health problems if the heat didn't fry you at the Corona. So yes, in addition to constantly boiling as the sun's heat hits him and it's light burns his corneas, Hulk would soak up a lot of ionizing radiation.

Of course, the amount of ionizing radiation the sun gives off is peanuts compared to other places in the universe. If you really want a colossal amount of radiation, forget stars, heck, forget gamma ray bursts. Go Quasar or go home.

gou10t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By gou10t

A gamma ray burst or GRB is the generic term that astronomers describe any object in the sky that's emits a very powerful but short-lived burst of gamma rays (hours to days only). Typically GRB's are caused by a very special binary star system that consists of a neutron star and a neighboring star that's in close orbit such that stellar material from the neighboring star is being gravitationally pulled into the neutron star. Because the neutron star is spinning very fast, the stellar material spins into an accretion disk and when the amount of stellar material reaches critical mass, you get a gamma ray burst.

Of course, there are many other possible sources of gamma rays, such a blackholes, but they tend to be a more stable source of gamma rays as oppose to just a short burst of gamma rays. Now quasars are galaxies at the edge of our visible Universe that are emitting gamma rays from the supermassive blackholes at its core, and they are fairly long lived gamma ray sources.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lord_Johnathan

@gou10t:

And on a total energy output level, more powerful than GRBs. Maybe not as intense pound for pound, but a Quasar's emission ray dwarfs that of a GRB's by orders of magnitude.

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can pull it but I don't see why he would though when he kind of lives there

Avatar image for imnemothegemini
ImNemotheGemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He pulls earth quite easily !

Brusier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for cosmiccommonsense
CosmicCommonSense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh my god I hate it when people ask questions about the hulk and forget the most basic factors in the hulks biology short answer YES HE COULD take that to the bank

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put hulk in supermans position when he bench pressed earths weight and yes, he coud.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@imnemothegemini: Not really. At the very best he lifted an 250 billion mountain and was completely exhausted afterwards

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: It was 150 billion and that was his weaker version in a weakened state, not to mention it happened 40 years ago, at his very best he has resisted the weight of a star.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..make him angry enough and yes he can do it! If Superman can bench press the weight of the earth for 5 days, Hulk can too...

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By leonkarlen123

@raynorj said:

@leonkarlen123: It was 150 billion and that was his weaker version in a weakened state, not to mention it happened 40 years ago, at his very best he has resisted the weight of a star.

Yea i forgot about the numbers but how big was that star? There can be a HUGE size difference between stars.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RaynorJ

@raynorj said:

Yea i forgot about the numbers but how big was that star? There can be a HUGE size difference between stars.

It was never specified but the smallest known star right now is OGLE-TR-122b, a red dwarf star that’s part of a binary stellar system. This red dwarf the smallest star to ever have its radius accurately measured; 0.12 solar radii. This works out to be 167,000 km. That’s only 20% larger than Jupiter. You might be surprised to know that OGLE-TR-122b has 100 times the mass of Jupiter, but it’s only a little larger.

So i guess it's safe to say Hulk can pull a weight of the planet.