Hulk 2014-

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bezza Yea i gave Waid ample opportunity but enough is enough. Time for a new writer and a new direction.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@raynorj: For once, I actually agree with you. I don't think Waid has a problem writing powerful characters though as he's written some of the best stories for Superman and Wally West and those 2 are the most powerful beings in Pre New 52 DC. Nor is his problem with Marvel because of his Fantastic Four and Daredevil runs. But something just hasn't worked with Hulk since Agent of TIME and I don't know what it is. I've counted myself out of Waid's relaunched title for once because I just don't care about his Hulk anymore and I can't justify it as being good.

Not nitpicking at you lvenger, but you tore into me in a rather fierce manner for saying the same thing early in Waids run. Even going so far as to applaud Waids crap characterization and slow pace. It's cool, at least we can agree now

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#154  Edited By Bezza

@raynorj

Well I just read issue 2 for myself, what a mess! Also having not followed Waid's run until now, I didn't have a clue what was going on, in respect of the split Banner and Hulk personalities....

I also picked up Amazing Spiderman 1 today and the Flash Annual as they feature two of my other favourites and what a difference, those two comics so much more enjoyable!

..June cant come quick enough for me, bring on Savage Hulk!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..Just read the IGN review too and its another 5.7, which proves its not just Hulk fans that think the new run Is meh! One of the worst points of the issue was them making that abomination and then it appearing in action right away, almost as if Waid realised at the end of the comic that he hadn't had any Hulk action and needed to squeeze in an obligatory scrap!

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza Unfortunately there just isn't any hope for Waids Hulk to ever get better at this point... actually this was clear a long time ago but the interviews Waid gave for the relaunch where promising, too bad it was just a bunch of empty promises and bullshit.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza The thing is it would be fine if not EVERY single issue of Hulk had action in it, but i guess this is the problem that Waid does not get. I said it time and time again he does not view Hulk as his own character he views him as a gun he just needs to point in the right direction. Which ironically he can't even point right most of the times....

I send Waid i question on twitter about what is Hulks agenda in all of this, let's see if he replies.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@theacidskull: I thought Bruce had a pretty good showing in this weeks Avengers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj said:

@bezza Unfortunately there just isn't any hope for Waids Hulk to ever get better at this point... actually this was clear a long time ago but the interviews Waid gave for the relaunch where promising, too bad it was just a bunch of empty promises and bullshit.

Yeah and to all those people who came on this forum the other week and said Hulk fans were just whiney, its not only us who don't rate Waid's Hulk run, the reviews are rubbish too. Its not the same as Waid's Daredevil run which is getting rave reviews in the comic book media, but poor reviews from some of the traditionalist Daredevil fans...

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@theacidskull: Yeah the talk between Banner and Stark was one of the best things coming out of the issue.

Did you read New Avengers yet if I can ask ?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Yea if you like to see Banner put Tony Stark in his place

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By green_skaar

@raynorj: @bezza: @jonny_anonymous: @greenscar1990

So I read Avengers 28, and I have to admit that the banter was pretty f*cking awesome. Banner putting the pieces together and urging tony to admit his mistakes actually made me smile. And the world breaker reference was awesome, but there is one thing I can't stand.

1. Banner being a part of the illuminati.( even though it is unwillingly done).

2. Hulk/Banner destroying a world with his own will. That I WILL not tolerate.

Banner being a part of the Illuminati is to just keep tabs on the folks that like to send him into space on occasion ;)

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

@theacidskull: Well it ties it to it or at least some of it anyway .

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

So I read Avengers 28, and I have to admit that the banter was pretty f*cking awesome. Banner putting the pieces together and urging tony to admit his mistakes actually made me smile. And the world breaker reference was awesome, but there is one thing I can't stand.

Why don't you like Banner being part of the Illuminati?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

@tdk_1997 said:

@theacidskull said:

Why don't you like Banner being part of the Illuminati?

The whole issue,as well as after the events of World War Hulk Banner's been, as it turns out, pretty angry and SPECIFIC about the whole group, it doesn't make sense.

He wants to keep an eye to them.Or at least that's the way I understand the whole thing cause he seemed pretty mad when he understood what was happening.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Bezza
Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..Well, its official, I cancelled my issue of Waid's Hulk today. Just gonna wait for Savage Hulk,

I cant afford to waste money on mediocre comics, I follow a number of characters so have to limit by buying.

Ultimate irony is that one of my favourite current titles is Action Comics, by Grek Pak. I know most Hulk fans wouldn't approve of a Superman title, but I like Superman and think Pak has done a great job so far, writing Superman. Oh what we would give to have him back writing the Hulk just now!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

I'm not surprised, Soule as done a good job on Superman/Wonder Woman, despite what all the haters on Comic Vine would have you believe!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Bezza

@theacidskull:

Will have to look it up! I am getting too many titles for my meagre budget just now, not helped when Marvel keep bringing out new books I like, such as Magneto, but perhaps room for one more!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jk-Prodigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Jk-Prodigy

@theacidskull: There's also this interview as well

http://www.newsarama.com/21173-gerry-duggan-hulks-out-as-new-hulk-writer.html

Edit: My mistake it's the same thing.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@greenscar1990 Your wish has come true, Waid is now off the Hulk title. Gerry Duggan is on board with a Hulk style Armour Wars story. Feel free to dance in the rain and all that now Waid is off Hulk

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52934

I'll be interested to see the rest of the Hulk family possibly mix it up with the cast Waid has introduced. At least Hulk sounds fun again which is good.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Waid's off Hulk?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Waid's off Hulk?

Yup/

Wow. Maybe I should have seen it coming with all the complaints. I hope he can continue to be successful.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@greenscar1990 Your wish has come true, Waid is now off the Hulk title. Gerry Duggan is on board with a Hulk style Armour Wars story. Feel free to dance in the rain and all that now Waid is off Hulk

@theacidskull said:

I'll be interested to see the rest of the Hulk family possibly mix it up with the cast Waid has introduced. At least Hulk sounds fun again which is good.

Now I just wait until he leaves Daredevil

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

@wolverine08 said:

Waid's off Hulk?

Yup/

Wow. Maybe I should have seen it coming with all the complaints. I hope he can continue to be successful.

This is Mark Waid we're talking about mate. One misstep doesn't stop him from being a juggernaut of a writer in the comic book industry. He still has plenty of talent and rep left in him :)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@wolverine08 said:

@theacidskull said:

@wolverine08 said:

Waid's off Hulk?

Yup/

This is Mark Waid we're talking about mate. One misstep doesn't stop him from being a juggernaut of a writer in the comic book industry. He still has plenty of talent and rep left in him :)

What about the angry fanboys? :D

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Well at least when he does, you won't have to wait long to dance in the rain. You do live in Scotland after all :P

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous: Did that answer your question lol?

Pretty much lol I've not been reading Deadpool but so far his Nova run has been pretty good so I'm happy with the writer.

@lvenger haha it's been thunder and lightning since last night lol

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First off, Waid is finally off and thank god and good riddance. No offense to Waid, i mean he is a great writer but he just isn't a great writer for the Hulk and nothing will change this fact.

As for this new guy i am very skeptical, i can't say that i enjoyed reading his interview he seems to want to bring a lot of humor to Hulk, which is ok i mean Hulk is a giant green monster in purple pants but i hope he doesn't turn the character intoa walking joke, this is not Deadpool after all. And humor is not exactly what Waids series was needing, it seems that this new writer isn't getting this fact either. Secondly i already said i never liked any of the other Hulk characters... Skaar, She Hulk, Red She Hulk, A-bomb... it's all the same to me honestly and i downright hate Red Hulks character.

And finally, WHAT ABOUT THE HULK? I know he has to say that Waid was "brilliant" on the Hulk whether it was true or not since they have to suck up to one another, but the fact is that Waids run is far from brilliant and all the promises Waid made what about them? Will we get Hulk as his own character? Will we get some decent villains? Will we get some good action and some of that very missed strength of Hulks? Nothing in the interview suggests this to me. I guess i will have to give him he benefit of the doubt and wait for him to actually begin writing the Hulk. But unlike Waid i wont be buying 20+ issues before i finally drop the damn thing, if he does not satisfy at least some of the problems i had with Waids run than in the span of few issues than i am dropping the book.

As much as i am excited and happy that Waid is off i am still very much skeptical and i don't want to get sucked into the hype train, because nothing good happens from that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

@theacidskull: @jonny_anonymous: @raynorj: Duggan seems to be pretty versatile as far as writing style, so I am officially hype for "Omega Hulk". Anyway, check out Good, Bad and the Ugly (Think it's volume three of the current Deadpool run) to see him write a funny book while keeping it serious and well, good. Should be interesting to see it unfold.

BTW: This isn't to any of you in particular just thought I would give my opinion quickly.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verotikryptonite: @raynorj: @bezza: @jonny_anonymous: And your wish may come true!

Hmmmm! interesting....... I guess I'll drop this for now and probably resume picking up Hulk on August again. I'm not sure about Duggan however as I don't remember reading his other works aside from the current Nova (which I personally don't like for consistency reasons). What other good works to you guys has Duggan done that I can reference?