#1 Edited by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as the new Hulk title relaunches after Indestructible Hulk #20, i thought i make a new thread for it. The new title will simple be called "HULK" and we already have previews up to the 4th issue.

HULK #1 & 2

MARK WAID (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A)

CoverS by JEROME OPENA

Issue #1 - Variant Cover by MARK BAGLEY

Issue #1 - ANIMAL VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SAMNEE

Issue #1 - Captain America Team-Up Variant Also Available

Issue #1 - Blank Variant Also Available

Issue #2 - Variant Cover by MARK BAGLEY

ALL-NEW DIRECTION! THE EPIC “BANNER D.O.A.” BEGINS NOW!!!

Following the shocking events of last month’s INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK finale, Bruce Banner lies at death’s door! If he survives, it WON’T be as the Bruce Banner we’ve known! How will the Hulk wreak vengeance on Banner’s assailant? How CAN he?

HULK #3

MARK WAID (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A)

Cover by JEROME OPEñA

Artist variant by Mark Bagley

“BANNER D.O.A” GETS READY TO TAKE YOU INTO A NEW TWIST IN HULK HISTORY!

• BANNER goes to a dark place and could take the AVENGERS with him

• Only HULK can save Banner…but will he?

• After last issue’s surprise resurrection, a new threat enters the scene.

HULK #4

MARK WAID (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A/C)

“BANNER DOA” TAKES A MIND-BLOWING TURN!

• To stop HULK from destroying the AVENGERS a dangerous plan is put into play

• Bruce Banner’s brain damage is cured, but at what cost?

• What forbidden knowledge has TONY STARK used to save his friend?

#2 Posted by Teh_pwnerer (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see this new twist lasted a whole four issues!

At what cost they ask? Probably some good ol' fashioned Hulk action.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't we already have a thread for this tho?

And looks promising :)

#4 Edited by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Really? I haven't found it myself. I only know of the Indestructible Hulk thread and Indestructible ends in the next issue.

#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

@theacidskull: Really? I haven't found it myself. I only know of the Indestructible Hulk thread and Indestructible ends in the next issue.

Well that thread is for everything hulk related, I just sadly can't change the name of the tread :/

#6 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I see, anyway how do you feel about the fact that Hulk is going up against Avengers(for the billionth time lol)? Personally i don't see it as that of a great thing i have said before i am not that into heroes fighting amongst each other so i am not a fan of that aspect in the new Hulk series, just like i am not that much of a fan of the same thing happening in Savage Hulk with Alan Davis i am much more excited about him bringing Abomination and Leader and Jim Starlin launching Hulk into space.

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

@theacidskull: I see, anyway how do you feel about the fact that Hulk is going up against Avengers(for the billionth time lol)? Personally i don't see it as that of a great thing i have said before i am not that into heroes fighting amongst each other so i am not a fan of that aspect in the new Hulk series, just like i am not that much of a fan of the same thing happening in Savage Hulk with Alan Davis i am much more excited about him bringing Abomination and Leader and Jim Starlin launching Hulk into space.

Yeah the Heroes Vs Hulk deal is getting a tad old, however, if the reason is other than WE GOTTA STOP THE HULK COZ HE IS A MENACE!
I'll be fine with it. Either ways both titles seem good.

#8 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Indestructible Hulk #20 was another meh issue... Once again the previews for it where misguided and while there are some little moments i liked and thought where funny like Banners password being "smashtony" it's not enough to hold an entire issue. Hopefully with new Hulk title things will change, though i still don't think Waid is the right writer for this series.

#9 Posted by Bezza (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj:

Doesn't bode well does it. Is Waid actually capable of writing a good Hulk story? Some writers just cant do certain characters. I am a huge Geoff Johns fan, but a lot of the Bat fans cant stand his Batman stuff!

...another point, perhaps I am a bit twisted, but I actually quite like it when Hulk fights other heroes!! Some of my favourite old Hulk stories are the battles with Thor, Wonder Man, Hercules et all...!

#10 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

Well Indestructible Hulk #20 was another meh issue... Once again the previews for it where misguided and while there are some little moments i liked and thought where funny like Banners password being "smashtony" it's not enough to hold an entire issue. Hopefully with new Hulk title things will change, though i still don't think Waid is the right writer for this series.

Agreed. Banner was against brilliantly written, but aside from that meh, Still, I WILL REFUSE TO BE NEGATIVE! :P

#11 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

@raynorj:

Doesn't bode well does it. Is Waid actually capable of writing a good Hulk story? Some writers just cant do certain characters. I am a huge Geoff Johns fan, but a lot of the Bat fans cant stand his Batman stuff!

...another point, perhaps I am a bit twisted, but I actually quite like it when Hulk fights other heroes!! Some of my favourite old Hulk stories are the battles with Thor, Wonder Man, Hercules et all...!

I really wonder myself... there is no denying that certain writers are just not fit to write certain character and Waid has shown that he is quite capable of writing Banner but so far he can't write a decent Hulk, maybe things will change once he gives him his own motives and some level of intelligence. Though i am still not convinced from all the Waid titles i have read(which admittedly aren't much) i haven't seen him cope with powerhouses and action....

Don't get me wrong i love those classic fights he had but you know after seeing them so many times they just become boring... I can read Hulk smash the same Avengers and X-men only so many times before i get bored of it. If he is to fight someone than he should fight powerhouses on his level like Thor, no matter how many times he fights Thor it never get's old other than that the formula get's pretty old especially when he fights teammates much weaker than him...

@raynorj said:

Agreed. Banner was against brilliantly written, but aside from that meh, Still, I WILL REFUSE TO BE NEGATIVE! :P

I wish i had your optimism. Anyway i can't wait for Jim Starlin to write Hulk i still can't believe this is happening and not only that but he is taking Hulk into space to face cosmic threats, excuse my language but F@CK YEA! This is what i've been waiting for.

#12 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj: to be completely honest, I really hope some writer takes him to another world or dimensions. Never been a fan of space but I can't help get excited! BRING ON THE MAD TITANT B*TCHES!

#13 Posted by GreenScar1990 (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Oy... another lame issue in the form of Indestructible Hulk 20. If this is what Waid intends for his relauch, count me out. I've only been underwhelmed by a Hulk comic thrice. First was Bruce Jones; Second was Jeph Loeb; Third was Jason Aaron. And now Mark Waid. Will this madness ever end? As long as Waid is on the series, it's not very likely.

#14 Posted by Lvenger (18496 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj: For once, I actually agree with you. I don't think Waid has a problem writing powerful characters though as he's written some of the best stories for Superman and Wally West and those 2 are the most powerful beings in Pre New 52 DC. Nor is his problem with Marvel because of his Fantastic Four and Daredevil runs. But something just hasn't worked with Hulk since Agent of TIME and I don't know what it is. I've counted myself out of Waid's relaunched title for once because I just don't care about his Hulk anymore and I can't justify it as being good.

#15 Edited by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I was talking about writing action around powerful characters. He can write good stories but not action from what i saw. And before you tell me "but all you care about is action" well what is there else from Waids Hulk? For the first third of the entire series he did not even speak a single word and after that he barely spoke a couple of words per issue, all i could look forward to is "HULK SMASH", but i never really got it. He was closest to the mindless incarnation but at least the mindless Hulk always had epic action around him, while Waids action is lackluster at best. Maybe he can write good action for powerhouses but he certainly can't write it for Hulk as far as I've seen the character just does not fit him and i don't think Waid understands the Hulk. Though i am very surprised you are dropping Waids new Hulk i thought you would defend him to the bitter end but i guess the boring issues got even to you.

Still i said i will give him this one last try mostly because it's Hulk and it's hard for me to drop his title no matter how disappointing it is, but partly because he promises to give Hulk his own character now, so if he still doesn't deliver on the action part at least i could look forward to seeing some characterization around Hulk, unless it turns out bad....

#16 Posted by Bezza (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

I flicked through IH 20 today and yep, disappointing AGAIN....

...Starting to wonder whether to bother with next months issue and just wait for Savage Hulk...I just don't think waid can do Hulk. Weird isn't it. First Aaron, now Waid, two superstar writers who have written some of my favourite stories and neither has written a decent Hulk story!

#17 Posted by Bezza (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenscar1990:

Funny you should mention Bruce Jones, as there isn't much love for his run on here, but I bought the "Abomination" book a weeks ago and really like it! Its different, but has its place on my shelf amongst my Pak and Mantlo books! Agree about Waid. I will try the first issue and if it doesn't at least show "promise" I am out of there!

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj: couple of screen shots you might find interesting :P

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51961

#19 Edited by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Thanks, unfortunately i don't have much to say lol. Abomination shows up as was told and he is kicking Hulk around. To be honest i am not interested in their fight much the only thing i am interested from Mark Waid is how he handles Hulks persona, when it comes to action i think i will stick to Savage Hulk.

#20 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

@theacidskull: Thanks, unfortunately i don't have much to say lol. Abomination shows up as was told and he is kicking Hulk around. To be honest i am not interested in their fight much the only thing i am interested from Mark Waid is how he handles Hulks persona, when it comes to action i think i will stick to Savage Hulk.

M'kay. EIther ways, I'm more excited for that than the original sin bull.

#21 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: The original sin looks like crap, agreed. I just hope they don't f@ck up Hulks origin story... Add some BS like it was Tony Stark that created the Hulk and not Banner.

#22 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

@theacidskull: The original sin looks like crap, agreed. I just hope they don't f@ck up Hulks origin story... Add some BS like it was Tony Stark that created the Hulk and not Banner.

I don't think it'll that tho, too obvious.

I'm still excited for Emils return.

#23 Edited by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I just dislike that they are changing Hulks origin, they run out of ideas to do new stuff so they go back and change history... I hope they don't screw up much. It's ok that Abomination is coming back, but after you see Hulk beat someone several times it isn't exciting the next time. That's why i think he needs and upgrade like he had in Chaos War.

#24 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

@theacidskull: I just dislike that they are changing Hulks origin, they run out of ideas to do new stuff so they go back and change history... I hope they don't screw up much.

hey man, we might differ on how we view the newly launching hulk series, but we agree on this, I HATE this idea, but I just don't like to be negative, I will approach it with skepticism but you know, I REALLY HOPE they surprise me.

#25 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Well everyone is different and that's a good thing you should always challenge other opinions and question everything, that's how i do things at least.

#26 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

@theacidskull: Well everyone is different and that's a good thing you should always challenge other opinions and question everything, that's how i do things at least.

Still, I don't understand why? you know? WHY do this? I'm sure it was neither Gillens nor Waids idea to launch this whole retconfest, WHY MARVEL WHY!?

Either ways, I doubt it's the obvious.

#27 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Who knows, my guess is they are running out of ideas so they are reaching far out and doing extreme things, as well as trying to copy DC rebooting their universe without doing the exact same thing.

#28 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio
@raynorj said:

@theacidskull: Who knows, my guess is they are running out of ideas so they are reaching far out and doing extreme things, as well as trying to copy DC rebooting their universe without doing the exact same thing.

Yeah, hope they pull it off, i still think I SHOULD NOT HAPPEN BUT hey, since it is, might as well make the best of it.

Besides if I don't like it I'll probably ignore it, not the first time the character has had an different origin take. Every character has ONE origin.

Besides, I'm still excited for Savage and Hulk/

#29 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Yea i'll just ignore the whole thing.

What i am looking forward to is Savage Hulk written by Jim Starlin.

#30 Posted by GreenScar1990 (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Just want to say that I'm not looking forward to the Original Sin garbage at all. If Stark if responsible for creating Hulk, it's gonna really tick me off. It cheapens the character immensely. The self-loathing and angst that Banner's felt through the years due to the Hulk coming into creation is interesting. Banner blamed himself for releasing the Hulk upon the world, and to retcon that in any way is downright insulting and idiotic.

And am I the only one sick of Marvel shoving this Banner & Stark bro-fest down our throats? These two are not friends. Not in the least. They have the utmost contempt for one another. And given the fact that Stark is such an arrogant, selfish ass... it's not difficult to comprehend this. Can we get more intriguing, interesting team-ups with Banner/Hulk please?

#31 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenscar1990: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=97591

well...nothing ?:P

#32 Posted by GreenScar1990 (531 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenscar1990: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=97591

well...nothing ?:P

Art wise? It looks great. Story wise? That's something else that we'll have to wait and see to find out. However, unless Emil is amped like he was in Chaos War, I honestly don't see him being a solid, formidable challenge for the Hulk. And being this will most likely be Counter-Earth Abomination, I'm not expecting him to be at that level of power and will be pummeled by the Hulk in a matter of minutes... unless Waid once again continues to ignore/downplay Hulk's power set.

I mean, he regressed Hulk so far back that if you were to compare Waid's incarnation to the Savage Hulk, Savage Hulk would be comparable to a genius in terms of intellect. I honestly think Mantlo's Mindless Hulk has more smarts than Waid's Hulk, not to mention far more power and nigh-resistant to draining attacks (Unlike what transpired in the lame Humanity Bomb arch where Monster Jessup drained Waid Hulk, which would not have happened to more formidable, competent incarnations of the character).

All in all, my expectations are very low.

Now, when regarding the new Savage Hulk ongoing, that's a different story.

#33 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenscar1990: Well Waid said we'll get a smart Hulk now, and I doubt they'll be a reason why Abomination is tougher, sometimes not every writer flat out states that someone has become stronger, I'm just glad to see emil back and fight the hulk again, which shows that he has risen in power, not that hulk has regressed.

I'm glad that Abomination didn't become a Joke like sabertooth, who was once a formidable foe. And intellect wise It's banner who'll be fluctuating,not hulk, now hulks the constant smart guy( By smart I mean he'll regain his smarts back). and didn't Jeff explain why hulk has regressed brain wise?

#34 Posted by GreenScar1990 (531 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Parker's explanation in the Annual made little sense. Banner has accepted Hulk before, but that's no true reason for his regression. First Waid said it was the Chronarchists who were tampering with time that was causing Hulk to fluctuate, then in the Annual Parker claimed that it was because Banner accepted Hulk. Not very strong explanations. Not at all.

Banner accepted Hulk in Mantlo's run, thus gaining an intelligent Hulk, so why not in Waid's Indestructible? Hulk and Banner worked together in Pak's tenure, though reluctantly and the same could be said of PAD's run in numerous cases. When it all comes down to it, dude, this is simply Marvel & Waid regressing a character to fit their narrow-minded, self serving views on how a character should act and be. It's like Bendis whom you claimed that Hulk would always revert to Savage Hulk IQ levels, which is a load of BS considering the numerous incarnations.

PAD's Hulk during Tempest Fugit/House of M & Greg Pak's Planet Hulk/World War Hulk is the Green Goliath's naturally progressed state of being. That's how he should of been when Pak left, and it's how he should be right now. But thanks to the likes of Jason Aaron, Mark Waid, and Marvel itself... we're stuck with this version which leaves a lot to be desired.

Sorry for the rant, but I just wanted to get the facts straight and tell it like it is. :)

#35 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Parker's explanation in the Annual made little sense. Banner has accepted Hulk before, but that's no true reason for his regression. First Waid said it was the Chronarchists who were tampering with time that was causing Hulk to fluctuate, then in the Annual Parker claimed that it was because Banner accepted Hulk. Not very strong explanations. Not at all.

Banner accepted Hulk in Mantlo's run, thus gaining an intelligent Hulk, so why not in Waid's Indestructible? Hulk and Banner worked together in Pak's tenure, though reluctantly and the same could be said of PAD's run in numerous cases. When it all comes down to it, dude, this is simply Marvel & Waid regressing a character to fit their narrow-minded, self serving views on how a character should act and be. It's like Bendis whom you claimed that Hulk would always revert to Savage Hulk IQ levels, which is a load of BS considering the numerous incarnations.

PAD's Hulk during Tempest Fugit/House of M & Greg Pak's Planet Hulk/World War Hulk is the Green Goliath's naturally progressed state of being. That's how he should of been when Pak left, and it's how he should be right now. But thanks to the likes of Jason Aaron, Mark Waid, and Marvel itself... we're stuck with this version which leaves a lot to be desired.

Sorry for the rant, but I just wanted to get the facts straight and tell it like it is. :)

I think you've mixed a couple of things up bro, Parker explained why Hulk became so mindless and banner replied that hew wasn't sure, but it was possible that his new outlook on some things might have changed hulks incarnation, this wasn't just about accepting the hulk but it was also about his perspective on certain matters. The chronarchists however were accountable for the fact that hulk nearly bashed some hydra guys brains in, that was the event waid was referring to, but Hulk was still regressed because of banners change in personality however.

I wouldn't call Waid's run a complete loss and as before I think you are a bit harsh on the guy because the beginning was strong in my opinion considering that it gave us a cool new motto for the Hulk, tho i agree that it became boring and redundant by the end of it, even if Banner went through a good character arc. Still if waid is willing to correct some specific things about his run and give us back abomination as well as an intelligent Hulk without completely removing Banner from the equation, I am willing to give it a chance and put my trust in it one last time.

Savage hulk will probably be more action oriented which is fine to me because I like some good o'l fashioned smashing :), i can't completely blame Waid for entirely because essentially it was fraction, Jason aaron and Bendis in general who brought back a dumber version of the Hulk because it suited them. But I can at least respect waid for seeing his direction wasn't working and he re-read some old stories to broaden his view on the Hulk( I know, he should have done this earlier, which I'm sure he did but it wasn't enough) and give us a cool new interesting premise( Yes, sue me, I like what I'm hearing and seeing :P).

as for theThe Original sin , it is redundant and unnecessary, but if they could make it work IT could be good, I just hope it's not what we think it is.

#36 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll also say that i am not sure how i feel about Bagleys art on Hulk, his face looks very weird and derpy.

#37 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

I'll also say that i am not sure how i feel about Bagleys art on Hulk, his face looks very weird and derpy.

I like it, tho at the very least I'm glad he's be here constantly.

Or I HOPE he will be.

#38 Edited by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I dunno, i look at this

and all i can think about is DERP. Hulk is a rage monster he is emotion personified and yet his "angry" stare looks extremely blank here. But at least the artist will stay consistent, unless the series starts doing poorly once again then everyone will jump ship...

#39 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

@theacidskull: I dunno, i look at this

and all i can think about is DERP. Hulk is a rage monster he is emotion personified and yet his "angry" stare looks extremely blank here. But at least the artist will stay consistent, unless the series starts doing poorly once again then everyone will jump ship...

I actually have no problems with this, I like it. Tho I don't like his cover art, not even a little, seems boxy :/

#40 Edited by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

Am i the only one who finds this pretty silly and redundant? Why have Hulk shrug off adamantium bullets in his weakened state no less when even in his strongest states Adamantium always hurt him and that's the point of it. Why give him a feat that will never EVER stick with the character? And why does he keep ignoring Hulks strength? The thing he is known for the most? And he doesn't have to have him lift a planet or anything just lifting a car or a house would honestly be enough for me at this point after 20 issues of Indestructible Hulk where he doesn't have a single clear strength feat... that's just criminal to me. I am a big fan of physical strength it's one of the reasons why i love Hulk so much and why i love working out myself, so reading a Hulk story without his trademark ability really kills it for me.... How long will i have to wait? Indefinitely?

#41 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj said:

Am i the only one who finds this pretty silly and redundant? Why have Hulk shrug off adamantium bullets in his weakened state no less when even in his strongest states Adamantium always hurt him and that's the point of it. Why give him a feat that will never EVER stick with the character? And why does he keep ignoring Hulks strength? The thing he is known for the most? And he doesn't have to have him lift a planet or anything just lifting a car or a house would honestly be enough for me at this point after 20 issues of Indestructible Hulk where he doesn't have a single clear strength feat... that's just criminal to me. I am a big fan of physical strength it's one of the reasons why i love Hulk so much and why i love working out myself, so reading a Hulk story without his trademark ability really kills it for me.... How long will i have to wait? Indefinitely?

Dang. That's one tough Hulk.

I guess he's just weaker comparitively speaking. Power fluxuations come and go i guess.

#42 Posted by Bezza (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj:

I haven't bought IH at all, where do these scans come from?

Get Issue 1 of "Hulk" tomorrow. If its rubbish I will drop it and just stick with Savage Hulk. Lets hope Waid doesn't mess up!

But I agree, we should have Hulk strength feats, Hulk without strength feats is like a Flash book where he never ran fast....

#43 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

It's from the previews of the new Hulk 1 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/comic-book-preview-1988/exclusive-preview-hulk-1-1552833/

#44 Posted by Bezza (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj:

Cool, oh well I will find out if its any good today when I trundle along to Forbidden Planet.

Not sure I dig him being able to take adamantium bullets. How does that work when Wolverine can still slice and dice him with his claws?

#45 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza: @raynorj: Read the first issue, liked it, wasn't particularly blown away, but some interesting plot points were established.

A definite 4/5. A very solid issue.

My review will be up shortly.

and also Bezza on you're adamantium point, Wolverine inflicts different types of damage, plus Hulk could have been fluctuating because of his state.

#46 Posted by Bezza (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

I read the first issue too and maybe need to read it again when I pick up my own copy too (I was in a different comic shop today!) as my immediate thoughts were 3/5 or 3.5/5.

Anyway look forward to your review shortly. re the adamantium bullets, in the wolverine Origins film an adamantium bullet even pierced Wolverine's skull causing the amnesia that he had at the start of the first X men movie, so are we to gather from this comic that Hulks body is even tougher than Wolverine's when he is agitated?

#47 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

@theacidskull:

I read the first issue too and maybe need to read it again when I pick up my own copy too (I was in a different comic shop today!) as my immediate thoughts were 3/5 or 3.5/5.

Anyway look forward to your review shortly. re the adamantium bullets, in the wolverine Origins film an adamantium bullet even pierced Wolverine's skull causing the amnesia that he had at the start of the first X men movie, so are we to gather from this comic that Hulks body is even tougher than Wolverine's when he is agitated?

Movies don't really matter.

So what Did you decide, are you sticking with the new direction or not? I am.

#48 Posted by Bezza (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Will read through my own copy tomorrow and then make a decision. I want to get Savage Hulk and don't think I can afford two Hulk titles each month, unless they're both really good!

#49 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17378 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

@theacidskull:

Will read through my own copy tomorrow and then make a decision. I want to get Savage Hulk and don't think I can afford two Hulk titles each month, unless they're both really good!

http://www.comicvine.com/hulk-1/4000-450551/user-reviews/2200-42924

#50 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just Waid retconning things...

Anyway this was pretty underwhelming start to a series, the Indestructible Hulk #1 was far better than this and that series turned out bad at the end. I don't have much if any hopes for this series. I think it's time we moved on to a new writer, i wish there was a way to petition Waid to stop writing Hulk....