Do you want the Hulk to be the strongest one there is?

• 98 results
Avatar image for cannotspellmyname
CannotSpellMyName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CannotSpellMyName

The debate whether or not the Hulk is the strongest one there is will probably rage on forever - every year new "evidence" shows up in the comics where some say he is and some say he isn't. I've always considered the Hulk the strongest one there is, because he represents what I wish I could do when I'm really ticked off and don't want to hold back, plus I really appreciate him as the misunderstood giant he is and all the aspects in his character - to me, he simply deserves to be the strongest one there is, and I'm happy with that, I don't need any feats or character ratings. I respect everyone who disagree because they've read the comics differently or they simply don't like him, but this will always be my opinion, and it won't change even if Stan Lee goes public tomorrow and states that the Thing or Uncle Ben is in fact the strongest one there is.

So regardless if you think the Hulk has a limit to his rage or not, do you think he should have? If it was up to you to decide and you could rewrite him from scratch without caring what the writers intended him to be like, would he be the strongest one there is or just one in the crowd of strong brutes, but with a limit? I'm asking because I create my view on each character after how I've got to know them and not their feats in comics because they are irregular as heck. Do you want the Hulk to be the strongest one there is? If yes, why? If no, why not?

Avatar image for worldbreakerhulk
worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By worldbreakerhulk

yes, he is! in physical force! because he has potential for limitless power. as said in many forums - he draws the universal power.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Cap10nate

I like him as the strongest on earth but maybe not the strongest un the universe. I want Thanos to be able to swat him awayas well as other high end guys like that.

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

Hulk is the strongest one there is. He is a very awesome complex character that is simple to understand. Can't wait to see him fighting KingThor in Thors new book thousands of years in the future! The Forums will be nuts when that happens. Can't wait. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Kind of. Mostly I'm satisfied with him being capable of being the strongest one there is if you piss him off enough.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dum529001

It's who the character is, starting back from his beginnings in incredible hulk #1-4, Tales to astonish #59-100, and incredible hulk #101-650

Hulk being the strongest there is is not simple hearsay, it's what the character was and is defined as and has been proven true, time after time.The Hulk has ever increasing strength that knows no bounds.

Avatar image for the_lone_wanderer
The Lone Wanderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Lone Wanderer

Physically? Sure. But I always want there to be people who can give him a run for his money, which is why I'm in favour of bringing the Abomination back and giving him a massive boost to once again be a severe threat to current Hulk.

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

Yes, I like him to have the potential to physically be the strongest. I would hate it if he were able to go world breaker at will, but when written well I think his lack of flight, energy projection, etc makes it perfectly believable for him to defeat or be defeated by a wide range of characters.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By fACEmelter88

HULK IS THE STRONGEST ONE THERE!!! (smashing noises, car alarms, breaks squealing)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

I think he is at least in the top 3 most physically powerful Earth born characters there is, but I'm okay with gods and cosmic entities being stronger than him.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrShway88

No, I prefer villains to be the strongest. Makes it more epic when the hero wins.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlackWind

Against mortals or a restricted Thor, that's fine. But Hulk has no business trying to get tough with god heads or cosmics.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@MrShway88: Hulk was never intended to be a straight up hero according to his creators, he's always been just as much of a threat as he is an asset

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

@BlackWind: To be fair he usually gets his ass handed to him when he goes up against god heads and cosmic beings

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Rumble Man

Not really, and even if so make it 'strongest' in terms of brute strength only (limited to that)

worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By worldbreakerhulk

@TheAcidSkull: it was possible for Zeus to lose, as everyone knows - hulk wanted to sacrifice himself for a reward. he didn't use his true strength(many will admit it). so it still sounds cogent that hulk is strongest there is.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BlackWind

If Zeus wanted to, he could have blinked and Hulk would be teleported into a black hole.

worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By worldbreakerhulk

@TheAcidSkull: can you say the same about the world breaker?

Avatar image for cannotspellmyname
CannotSpellMyName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlackWind said:

If Zeus wanted to, he could have blinked and Hulk would be teleported into a black hole.

Whether or not that is true, the point of this thread isn't to find out whom the Hulk would beat and not beat, it is about finding out if people want him to be stronger. Zeus can be a damn ugly bully sometimes, and to me the Hulk will always beat any bully whether or not they are Skyfathers, cosmics or protected by the Crimson Gem of Zyttorak. Though the Hulk I know would still have no chance against the Infinity Gauntlet for example, so he's not unbeatable, but he sure as hell can beat anyone who has enough on them to smash.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dum529001

@TheAcidSkull said:

@worldbreakerhulk said:

@TheAcidSkull: it was possible for Zeus to lose, as everyone knows - hulk wanted to sacrifice himself for a reward. he didn't use his true strength(many will admit it). so it still sounds cogent that hulk is strongest there is.

hulk can't beat zeus because each if his punch saps hulk strength, HF and durability , sure hulk wan't fighting but the outcome would not really change

You think Hulk hasn't had his energy drained before or fought people like Zues? He has and he didn't lay down to take a beating so he could be crowned a chump at the end of the fight like he did with Zues.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Takao0815

The potential to (and is) to be the strongest.

To defeat One Above All, Yin and Yang should not succeed him.

but occasionally it may also people like Zeus, surpassing Galactus, etc..

But this should be very rare.

Say like once a DC crisis.

Lead usually it should only be part of the strong hero. Say thing to Thor levels.

Everyone should be able to defeat Hulk.

But Hulk must remain a danger for everyone.

That to me is a key component of the Hulk.

I thought it was where the Great Grey Hulk fought with Ms Marvel and suddenly the green was.

Only mus be gewckselt at the transformations, here are the trend. Not always more but just different.

When it comes to verwandlung you should never immediately know what is the result.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

"Strongest One there Is" needs to be honed down and properly defined, because Hulk's had his ass handed to him many times before by villains with more power than him. Red Hulk, for example, is as strong as a fully enraged Savage Hulk (just sightly below World Breaker, without having the power absorption ability Loeb gave him in World War Hulks.). Abomination is twice the strength of a base Hulk (which is still far less than Rulk's strength cap.)

For Immortals and gods, they have eternal power because of their statuses and age. They may not build strength immediately like Hulk does, but they acquire strength through the millennium just by surviving and killing enemies.

So Hulk is on the level of most powerful biologically based mortals (semi-immotal because of constant regeneration, meaning they can die in human form, but are virtually indestructible in monster form. Sort of like how Sabretooth re-animated after his "death" the first time simply by sticking his head next to his severed neck, triggering it to heal. . This applies to Red Hulk as well, as he's seen in the extreme far future in a flashback in A +X #1) . Juggernaut is a strange exception because he's fully human, but augmented with magic strength (The same for The Wrecking Crew and The Absorbing Man and, in part, Colossus because of his Cytorrak/Phoenix combo). Hercules fits also into this group because, while he is the most powerful of all the Greeks, he is still a human. He can die, regardless if he's the son of Zeus.

No Caption Provided

Even Apocalypse can kick Hulk's green butt.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAcidSkull:

In the last Loeb fight the two had, Hulk, while beating the sh*t out of Red Hulk (and tearing out one of his eyes, I can imagine, since half of his face was gored and yellow) he says that Rulk had gotten so angry that he cracked Abomination's skull.

Now, Ross doesn't seem the pistol-whipping type to me. (although he did beat Thor with his hammer. But then again, very, very, very, very angry dads protecting their little girls would much rather break the punk to pieces with their hands than to just shoot them and be done with it.)

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAcidSkull:

While I do admit that Loeb went overboard with Rulk's powers, there was a panel written I think during Jeff Parker's addition to World War Hulks that has MODOK and the Leader (in a flashback) talking about making a more compliant, smarter, STRONGER Hulk.

I truly think that Rulk's base strength is much, much higher than Green Hulk. If Green Hulk survives long enough though, he eventually is able to overpower the red.

(lol, this is why my OC "hulk" Freak has an unspecified strength level. He has a cap.....but its so immensely high that nothing can measure how powerful he truly is. Now That's how it should be done, IMO. :P)

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAcidSkull:

That'll be hard as Hell since I haven't read all of Rulk and Hulk. :C Some, most even. But not all. D:

There have been talks from forums about that strength business (what can I say. I stalk those places like the wolf I am. >:D) I think both Hulk's regenerative abilities are the same, although more potent initially in Rulk because of his Cosmic power base. Hulk though is fully gamma and boosts it up a percent the longer he is in rage. Rulk's been the one to bleed the most, bu I think its not because he's weaker and not able to recover. It's just that people go after him more with knives than they do the green Hulk. Green Hulk gets punches and slammed. Rulk gets sliced and diced.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAcidSkull:

Still Rulk regenerated them. It took so long, imo, because he didn't revert. Reverting would have made healing instantaneous. This is true for both Hulks. Hulk though adapts very fast because of his gamma, and effectively "evolved" a way to regenerate without having to rely on "puny Banner".

Rulk is Ross and Ross is Rulk. He has no inner conflict with another personality. Therefore, his cellular evolution didn't need him to develop a way to build healing on top of his accelerated health factor.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAcidSkull:

I honestly think Rulk has hints of it. The way he goes from calm to aggro in seconds while transforming is a hint. He probably can't evolve a personality, but it's what I call "one head, two bodies". Both have the same brain and mind, but one body wants to f*ck sh*t up, while the other wants to hold back and be rational. His is an extreme form of that.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAcidSkull:

Believe me, it does. Parallels, but stays far away. Its a mental state I go through every single day of my life. So I know what I mean when I talk about it.

I based the idea of it on a very real conjoined twin phenomenon.

No Caption Provided

While rarely animals in farms survive, I don't human babies survive long. (or else aren't allowed to survive long.)

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By spawn_123

To be honest on earth i dont want him to be like 10 times stronger from all the other guys i just want to be evenly matched with Sentry and Thor just for some time

worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By worldbreakerhulk

hulk will beat Zeus and the guys similar to him, if that would satisfy some fans. and it will be proved that he is potentially the strongest.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAcidSkull:

What? NO! I'm no Jekyll/Hyde.

But I have a dark side that likes to think in the macabre and dangerous. I'm sure others have the same issue.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I wished Hulk even at his peak would not be even close to the strongest running around. Thor, Hercules, and other cosmic or divine characters should be able to back hand him and send him flying to the moon or pound him to green go if they wanted with pure muscle.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAcidSkull:

Do you get furry and howl at the moon? :P

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAcidSkull:

Do you turn green as well? :P

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

Strongest Mortal? Why not? But he shouldn't be able to pass Hercules, who is a demigod, the guy who held up the world/heavens, the strongest Olympian, etc, etc. The fact that Hercules can't will himself stronger is outright stupid, because he should be able to whereas Hulk can get stronger due to radiation...how does that make any sense that the one who is the god of strength can't will himself to get stronger? Thats just stupid.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online
@TheAcidSkull:  About Herc not being able to will himself to be stronger? Yes, because it doesn't make any sense. If your asking if I am torn up about Hulk being the strongest? Then no not really, I can see strongest mortal that is alright but getting to godly levels? Not really.