Comicvine Hulk vs Real Hulk

TheMastermind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheMastermind

Okay I am just creating this thread as I can detect that there is a major downplay of Hulks strength on comicvine. 

For instance, anyone supporting Hulk to beat superman is dismissed for all the wrong reasons, Superman's speed is what IMO gives him the victory. They claim Hulk somehow starts off calm and weak, and takes alot of time to build up strength as he gets more angry. However THIS IS NOT HULK. 

Hulk is by definition infinite strength personified, and of course what this means is that Hulk can increase his strength to do near impossible feats and match anybody in strength. 

This is what I mean: 

Hulk has physically demonstrated a strength to resist the force that could move a planet. Which meant that Hulk could indeed move a planet, which already puts him in the Superman weight class: 

The fact that the field strength needed to be increased is proof that Hulk was contesting that kind of power. 

Also another near impossible feat that puts him among the best is when his and ironclad's punches collided causing catastrophe to an INFINITE number of dimensions (universes). 

This is why the Beyonder said that Hulk was an INFINITY of power: 

Hulk has also performed many other outrageous feats such as Punching through a time storm and smashing an asteroid bigger than Earth. 

My opinion is that whatever enemy Hulk finds himself facing, tends to determine how strong Hulk is. In my opinion, No version of Hulk is stronger than regular Hulk as Hulk was always capable of infinite strength without causing the earth to shake. 

What are you thoughts? 

PS - I am not to keen on Hulk but I give respect where respect is due.  Also I wanted to show more feats but none of the other pictures would show up.

jeffreyv2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By jeffreyv2512
fan alternate DC vs Marvel #3

This is how it should have went down

IncredibleHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IncredibleHulk

Why do you think he is called The Strongest One There Is!

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

DC's strength scale is higher. Hulk can't beat Superman. Deal with it, move on.  

That said, Hulk is often underestimated on CV. 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

This.

JReed2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JReed2008

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Umm excuse me? Hulk's strength is infinite. And his healing factor will heal him no matter what Superman does to him. Idky you need to underpower. The Hulk is the strongest one there is. That's not heresay, that's a fact. He'll go toe to toe with anyone and beat them because that's what he's made to do. When the going gets tough and all other heroes can't stand up to the threat, you send in the Hulk and he WILL get the job done.

GC8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1422

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By GC8

One of the reason so many people like Marvel comics better - indeed the reason they started a comics revolution in the Silver Age - was because they aren't as godlike as the DC characters.

ProfessorQQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ProfessorQQ

Sorry to tell you that Hulk is 1 of the most underrated character here on Comicvine, deal with it. As big of a fan of Hulk that I am, there's no way he will win against Superman's powerset. Superman was written by D.C. to be their flagship character and will win at all cost. A lot of times whenever Hulk shows powerset outside of his normal powerset people will call PIS/WIS and not think for a second that maybe this is part of his powerset from the beginning and that he's just tapping into it now.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

@PowerHerc said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

This.

This again

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By super_psycho

@jeffreyv2512 said:

Only in your dreams

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By desmond006

Idk think people know how he hulks powers work. He doesnt get nearly enough credit

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Outside_85

It's strange really, the basis of Hulks powers is that he gets stronger the angrier he is, and by now it's safe to say Hulk doesn't have an upper limit to how angry he can get. Yet here on CV there are no end to people who will claim he will loose to a host of different characters, some of whom have never displayed anything to put them on Hulk's level. Like some people argue that Superboy would be able to take WWH on his own...yet he has never done anything to prove he could, usually however they pull up the; he lasted so and so long against copy-Doomsday or Prime, which in my book does not equal taking on half of Earth and beating it.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jeanroygrant

@super_psycho said:

@jeffreyv2512 said:

Only in your dreams

Yup

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

I do tend that people underestimate Hulk, and that in terms of pure strength Hulk is better than Supes, but many people tend to disagree.

silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By silverlord90

@BlackArmor said:

@PowerHerc said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

This.

This again

Thoug i hate DC overpowered characters... this... but ina realistic Match. Hulk.

i just have one question... why is hulk speaking normally in that comic above?

Misterkyle91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Misterkyle91

@silverlord90: It was a time when he was able to keep his intellect while in Hulk form. Which is a good way to explain why he got his ass kicked so handily by Supes; he wasn't savage/angry enough to do what was necessary to get the job done...besides the little fact that it was all a popularity contest to begin with.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kidchipotle

@PowerHerc said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

This.

Victory!

silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By silverlord90

@Misterkyle91 said:

@silverlord90: It was a time when he was able to keep his intellect while in Hulk form. Which is a good way to explain why he got his ass kicked so handily by Supes; he wasn't savage/angry enough to do what was necessary to get the job done...besides the little fact that it was all a popularity contest to begin with.

That's a pretty fair and reasonable explanation. Hulk only gains power via rage (or emotion that triggers more adrenaline i think). And if Hulk is ''Banner Mannered'' i think he is pretty weak. So to speak

vicioushero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vicioushero

DC fanboys will never admit to anyone beating their Kryptonian

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Afro_Warrior

@vicioushero:

SMH.

You know that's not true don't you?

vicioushero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vicioushero

@Afro_Warrior: Ohhhh do I? ( maniacal laughter and such)

silverlord90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By silverlord90

@vicioushero said:

DC fanboys will never admit to anyone beating their Kryptonian

You sir, deserve a medal.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By batmanary

Here, I'll give some reasons as to why Superman would beat Hulk. Obviously with bloodlust. His speed does give him the boost. If he speeds into the Hulk, the speed at which he's going will hit Hulk. Hard. And while Hulk may have a healing factor, he can still be rendered effectively breathless, which is demonstrated in the Batman vs Hulk crossover, which should at least incapacitate him, allowing Supes to move him before recovering. With Bloodlust, however......Hulk's dead. Not by strength, but by heat vision. And we've seen the extremes of Superman's heat vision....it will vaporize Hulk, and while I give props to the fact that Hulk's strength is infinite, his invulnerability is not. Not to mention freeze breath, or even telescopic vision to determine which cells in the Hulk are responsible for the healing factor. But the second is more likely given the fact that Superman with bloodlust isn't really Superman.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Hulk is downrated here on the VINE, and that angers me. He is one of the most dangerous superheroes in comics, while these other guys are getting praised like Supes. First of, supes will never go full strength on hulk, like he does to everyone. Hulk has hitten the Surfer, who is way faster than Supes. He has taken galactuses eye laser beams, which is way stronger than supes heat vision, and hel has brawled with the strongest(thor, SS), and what is supes freeze breath gonna do.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Video_Martian

It's SO annoying that Hulk is underrated on these battle forums, I mean some users have even claimed that Wonder Girl and Miss Martian can defeat the Hulk... such bulls***. -__-

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By SoA
Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Super_Gui_1

I don't think normal Hulk get downgraded that much, he does quite a bit, but just as much as any moment someone want their heroes to win and will downgrade the other. What I find ridiculous on the other hand is how much WWH is, he has feats that are ridiculously powerful and yet people threat him just as he was savage with a slight ubgrade. They're on 2 completely different level and yet people treat them the same. There's as much difference in power between the two than between Banner and savage.

@batmanary said:

Here, I'll give some reasons as to why Superman would beat Hulk. Obviously with bloodlust. His speed does give him the boost. If he speeds into the Hulk, the speed at which he's going will hit Hulk. Hard. And while Hulk may have a healing factor, he can still be rendered effectively breathless, which is demonstrated in the Batman vs Hulk crossover, which should at least incapacitate him, allowing Supes to move him before recovering. With Bloodlust, however......Hulk's dead. Not by strength, but by heat vision. And we've seen the extremes of Superman's heat vision....it will vaporize Hulk, and while I give props to the fact that Hulk's strength is infinite, his invulnerability is not. Not to mention freeze breath, or even telescopic vision to determine which cells in the Hulk are responsible for the healing factor. But the second is more likely given the fact that Superman with bloodlust isn't really Superman.

That crossover was considered one of the biggest moment of PIS in the history of comic books please don't mention it. I doubt supes heat vision is that strong. All his cells are responsible for regeneration... Though if they were to be in fight I'd give it to supes. WWH could be another story.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By Saren

Superman kills Hulk in 3 minutes or less.

whitecracka23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By whitecracka23

@batmanary: @Super_Gui_1: @Super_Gui_1: @Super_Gui_1 said:

I don't think normal Hulk get downgraded that much, he does quite a bit, but just as much as any moment someone want their heroes to win and will downgrade the other. What I find ridiculous on the other hand is how much WWH is, he has feats that are ridiculously powerful and yet people threat him just as he was savage with a slight ubgrade. They're on 2 completely different level and yet people treat them the same. There's as much difference in power between the two than between Banner and savage.

@batmanary said:

That crossover was considered one of the biggest moment of PIS in the history of comic books please don't mention it. I doubt supes heat vision is that strong. All his cells are responsible for regeneration... Though if they were to be in fight I'd give it to supes. WWH could be another story.

Marveldatabase.com says, "The Hulk's durability, like his strength, is fueled by rushes of adrenaline while angry."

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By batmanary

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@batmanary said:

There are many example showing how strong it really is. I'm sure it won't take too long to search. Also, the Batman vs Hulk wasn't really that PIS. I mean Hulk is under mind control, stunting his anger, but he still needs to breathe, like anybody else...and Superman is capable of sucking oxygen in.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I think he is underrated on here at times but I also think some people tend to misconstrue his just as much resulting in an underrated tone of the character. People have even done it in this thread.

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Super_Gui_1

@batmanary said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@batmanary said:

There are many example showing how strong it really is. I'm sure it won't take too long to search. Also, the Batman vs Hulk wasn't really that PIS. I mean Hulk is under mind control, stunting his anger, but he still needs to breathe, like anybody else...and Superman is capable of sucking oxygen in.

Batman couldn't hurt Hulk, ever, no matter how hard he hit.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By batmanary

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@batmanary said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@batmanary said:

Batman didn't hurt Hulk. They were in a room filled with gas, and he simply kicked him, causing him to open his mouth and breathe. And combined with mind control, this is understandable.

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Super_Gui_1

@batmanary said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@batmanary said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@batmanary said:

Batman didn't hurt Hulk. They were in a room filled with gas, and he simply kicked him, causing him to open his mouth and breathe. And combined with mind control, this is understandable.

When you punch a brick wall those the brick wall open his mouth? I think not. You just bust your fingers and look really stupid.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By blackadamFTW

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

DC's strength scale is higher. Hulk can't beat Superman. Deal with it, move on. That said, Hulk is often underestimated on CV.
troller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By troller

All the time I read about how Thor is stronger than the Hulk physically, and then they add in thors other powers, it seems like everyone thinks Hulk will always loose.

He is meant to be 1 of the big boys of marvel

SuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SuperHulk8642

@super_psycho: that was actually an unused page for the issue in case hulk won more votes there were more but they were sold off. this one was put up unlike the others

SuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SuperHulk8642

@batmanary: his durability goes up with his strength he survived galactus attack longer than anyone. including thor. now that's balls so if he gets to unlimited strength then his durability and healing factor will go up to and so will his stamina speed and reaction time.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dum529001

Marvel's "100 ton class" is a very general category that can applied to many characters with highly contrasting powerlevels. It's not a good power rating system since the gravity of earth is nothing to the most powerful of the powerhouses.

DC comics doesn't even bother with vague statements like "100 ton class strengh"

THE REAL POWER SCALE IS THIS:

Peak human: the strength of best Olymypic level athlete, able to press 1 ton

The strentgh of 10 men or 50 men: 10 to 50 tons

Light Tank: Able to withsand anything up to a tank-penetrating missle as well as exert such forces(the Thing, Namor the submariner,etc.)

Light heavy tank: Little or lightly used Heavy tank Power without Heavy Tank Body Durability ( Ironman, Human torch, Cyclops).

Heavy tank: Able to withstand heavy nuclear bombing and beyond as well as exert such forces(Hercules, Hulk,Thor,Sentry,Silver Surfer, Wonderman,etc.).

Sinfulplayerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sinfulplayerx

Very good Forum Post. I am enjoying the difference in opinions.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: Wonder Woman can be hurt by bullets

JasonSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JasonSmash

I am glad somebody brought up this subject. I am constantly reading posts where people claim Hulk gets beat constantly by everyone, and it's totally not true. I have been reading Hulk for 20 years and it's pretty rare he gets his butt handed to him. It's true Iron Man has beaten him before, but it almost killed Stark in the process. Hulk holds more wins though. Thor has done it, but Hulk still holds more victories. Given the proper motivation he has the potential to beat almost anyone. He has beaten every major player in Marvel over the years. It's insulting that people think he would get slapped around by some of DC's B list characters. Although I am not sure about a Superman victory. I see that as being almost the same as going up against the Silver Surfer. It's near impossible. But even so, people should give the Hulk the respect he deserves.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dum529001

@Oscars94 said:

@dum529001: Wonder Woman can be hurt by bullets

I said WonderMAN not Wonderwoman. There's a difference. look it up.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Avengers Annual #1
New Avengers Annual #1

@dum529001: Sorry just skimmed it- yep Wonderman can withstand a nuclear bomb! :D

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Hulk wins

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Video_Martian

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

Hulk wins

LOL, yeah

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KnightRise

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

This

That said, Hulk is often underestimated on CV.

And this.

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By marvel123

they do the same with thor