Avatar image for theycallmeyoggi
theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theycallmeyoggi

So with Marvel teasing this new All New, All Different universe they've saying that the Hulk is going to get a complete makeover. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all about changes but the way they are using the word "controversial" is starting to scare me a little bit. So I was curious about what you guys speculate could be this new Hulk?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I might have actually been willing to post this on the forums for once before you beat me to it. Yeah good luck with having to face a potentially Superior Spider-Man/She-Thor levels of controversy in what Hulk might have to go through after Secret Wars, these boards have had enough complaints at Waid and Duggan's runs.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

I'm this close to boycotting marvel completely now. What they're doing is complete bullsh*t. No one wants a new hulk, no one wants a new spiderman, and no one wants a new thor. What pretty much everyone wants is eveything back to freaking normal, by trying to draw in new readers they're completely alienating their current fanbase. In fact, even new readers would be accustomed to the classic charcters due to the marvel movies. Whoever is making these dumb decisions needs a slap to the face and a kick to the balls.

I swear to god, hearing about a new hulk has just completely annoyed me now. Maybe if they hired a writer who knew what the hell they were doing they wpuldnt be getting so much stick from hulk fans, it's not the character people are mad about, it's how he's being handled.

Saying that, I really want to try and remain open minded about this, but after seeing how they handled thor and Spidey I just can't help but hate this decision.

If I had to guess who the new hulk was, I'd probably say Rick Jones or someone relatively young.

theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By theycallmeyoggi

@lvenger: For me it's just the fear of the unknown and unnecessary. I honestly don't see why people had/have a problem with she Thor. The legend says any who are worthy can wield Mjolnir and Jane Foster happened to be worthy, same with Spider-Man. But I just think some charactes their stories you can only alternative to a certain extent before they become something else altogether and in my eyes Hulk is one of those characters.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lvenger

Having thought about it, it might be the case that Maestro kills Doc Green or any other potential versions of Hulk and remains the only Banner incarnation of Hulk to return to the new Earth.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@lvenger: nah, IGN interviewed someone from marvel and he said something about how banner was still around and it'll be explained what happened to him.

All songs point to it being someone else. Maestro would be far too obvious, although if it was I wouldn't be massively dissapointed.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I know is that it's not Bruce Banner and is male. I'm not a Hulk reader so can't really guess the identity, but I'm intrigued to find out.

theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I wouldn't be upset if that happened, would make for an interesting story line.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@lvenger: possibly, it might have something to do with what doc green gave she hulk, or even gammon.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

The only other versions of Hulk that I can see taking the mantle in a new series for an extended period of time are: The Maestro or Skaar (616-Universe, please).

Other than those two, I can't imagine any other being filling the role of the Hulk in the Marvel Universe/Multiverse.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I haven't heard anything about this "all new Hulk", but "all new" is "all the rage" right now. Boycott Marvel all you like, then you'll have to boycott DC too, because over in DC we have a de-powered superman in jeans and a long haired hippy Hal Jordan, plus Batman, who is dead and being played by, well....if you haven't heard, I wont spoil the surprise on that one.

DC and Marvel just seem obsessed with changing everything right now and whilst change can be good, we DONT need a de-powered Hulk.....here's hoping they don't mess up. I haven't read a Spiderman comic since Spider-verse, Wolverine is dead and if they do Hulk too, it will be another comic to avoid......

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@bezza: it's confirmed man. They're announcing who the new hulk is tommorow

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. This could be interesting... or terribly horrific. I'm not too thrilled with any of this. We'll see tomorrow, but I'm not expecting much. I have a few theories... not all of them good.

If it's the Maestro, Skaar, Cosmic Hulk, Mystic Hulk, or even an Asgardian Hulk... then it might be interesting.

However, I'm not expecting anything cool or epic from Marvel. Lately, all they've been giving us is one disappointment after another, especially in regards to the Hulk.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@bezza: it's confirmed man. They're announcing who the new hulk is tommorow

The Maestro is good in Future Imperfect :)

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Maestro so I hope its him

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

OMG... this is gonna be a f@cking disaster... What's the matter Marvel? Green Hulk not to diverse for ya? We need to make him purple or something? Leave the Hulk alone for f@ck sake... the whole point of his character is that he has different personalities within him... play with that all you want but always return to the basics.

This is getting really mundane, it's diversity for the sake of diversity. Change for the sake of change...

Well at least they confirmed Maestro is staying after Secret Wars so at least i have that to focus on while some other fake Hulk runs around Marvel...

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

20$ say the new Hulk is not gonna be a white guy, because apparently that's all the rage now and they can hide behind their diversity shield so they can treat every criticism of it as sexist and racist. I f@cking guarantee it and before some SJW latch themselves onto my comment i don't want ANYONE ELSE whether white, black, male, female to be the Hulk other then Bruce Banner himself... Oh god... i just know this is gonna blow beyond reason... i hope Hulk fans have enough sense to actually boycott this sh!t.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@atheistknowledge: I'm seriously tempted to do it. I don't even think it's for diversity in all honesty, it just seems like they're stuffed for ideas as to what to do with hulk seeing as fans have been hating what's been going on with him for the past 3 years.

Here's a hint marvel: stop approving dipsh*t storylines.

I mean seriously. Pak and PADs runs were critically acclaimed. Hulk could speak properly and banner was cool.

They decided to try turning banner into a psycho and hulk into a mute gorrilla and fans got angry.. What the hell did they think would happen? Just go back to the tried and tested formula. No one asked for a new hulk and no one wants one.

/rant

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I would agree with you but they are doing it to pretty much all characters now and add to that the fact that Alonso said that he knows fans are gonna hate it like they did with female Thor but after that they are gonna like it(horseshit). Yea this is just one of those diversity/change for the sake of diversity/change type of things. They are trying to be fresh and new by replacing the characters themselves... all i wanna do now is punch all those people that used to complain "Marvel/DC are running out of ideas" after every single announcement.

Just stick to Future Imperfect from now on.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GreenScar1990

@atheistknowledge: Trust me. I'll speak with my wallet. And if it's as bad as I have a feeling that it's gonna be, we all should participate in boycotting this garbage. I just so sick of these racial & sexual gimmicks. They're getting very old and downright repetitive.

Stop with the "Change for the sake of Change" & "Diversity for the sake of Diversity" gimmicks. It's getting old. Stop with the gimmicks! It's unneeded and unnecessary. What happened to just telling good/great stories? That's what needs to be done. Progress the characters and tell good stories.

Hulk/Banner is male. They're straight. They're white/green. Leave them alone and let them be who they are.

It's not about race or sex. I have nothing against more new characters, regardless of their race or sex. They can be an alien from the Kree Empire with blue skin, who's bisexual, and worships Galactus, for all I care!

You want to create new characters? That's fine. But the classic characters shouldn't be thrown under the bus in the process. Progressing the Hulk/Banner character is great, but changing what makes them who they are isn't. Especially if it's for the sole purpose of some lame, petty racial or sexual gimmick.

Both you and @thedailybagel hit it right on the button!

On another note, if this is the main reason why Marvel & Duggan decided to depower Skaar, Red Hulk, Red She-Hulk and A-Bomb in Omega Hulk... that only further fuels my anger towards Marvel & their staff of writers & editors.

theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: the only way I could see this going uphill is if the get Pak back on to writing these stories, other than that it's going down the drain as I see it.

theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: the only thing marvel could do to make it worse would be to make the black panther a white south African...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe with the Hulk fans pissed we can get that much needed Twitter storm going

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: the only thing marvel could do to make it worse would be to make the black panther a white south African...

That would also be a major slap in the face. Not that Marvel & most of their editors care, nor would I be surprised if they did such a thing. I doubt that most of their writers give a damn, either. These last 4-5 years Marvel has really hit some all-time lows.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theycallmeyoggi: It's Laura/X-23. I already suspect that. But at least that makes sense. Unlike certain other gimmicks. Not looking forward to the reveal of the Hulk. If it's the Maestro or Skaar, then I'd be excited, but given what's been said... I'm dreading & preparing for the worst.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Schwarz

Hulk will be a transgender (damn don't want to give marvel ideas here...) But I mean will all that stuff being popular lately with the Jenner stuff it could be. Jokes apart did you guys consider Hulk 2099. I heard he will be back in secret wars.

I just hope it won't be Lyra. Already pissed that they ended Hulk with some feminazi propaganda where it is funny to chain man and use them as slaves. It is ridiculous that usualy a vilain will chain females and be depicated as evil (which is what it is) but Lyra having man slaves is ok and funny...

Seems like the feminists have managed to infiltrate marvel.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

So with Marvel teasing this new All New, All Different universe they've saying that the Hulk is going to get a complete makeover. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all about changes but the way they are using the word "controversial" is starting to scare me a little bit. So I was curious about what you guys speculate could be this new Hulk?

I think this has to be either Doctor Doom or Bruce Banner.

No Caption Provided

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: No, that's Karnak of the Inhumans. I recognize the facial markings.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#31  Edited By Teerack

@greenscar1990 said:

Hmm. Yeah I can see it being Karnak, but if that is him then his tattoos are totally different because they don't look like that.

I think everyone who reads comics in the world would be happy if the version that manged to survive was PH/WWH persona, but for some reason they wont ever do that. Why they have Pak writing Storm and not Hulk blows my mind.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GreenScar1990

@teerack: Because Marvel is currently run by a bunch of idiots, which includes most of their editors and some of their writers.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'll wait to see what they're actually doing before I judge. It could and lets face it probably will be bad but since its Marvel I don't see the change lasting more than a year.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Wouldn't be bad... if it wasn't for the fact that the last 4-5 years of Hulk comics have been poor since Pak's departure. So this just makes it far worse and more irritating. The current Secret Wars: Future Imperfect & Secret Wars: Planet Hulk are the first two good Hulk series we've had in a long time, believe it or not.

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well I guess it's time to only watch marvel and dc movies and TV shows lol

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xrated48: LOL! Yep, it would appear so. You know something is wrong when the animated shows and films get the character more than the comics actually manage to pull off.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Yep, I'm gonna put my money on skaar now.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maestro & Skaar would be my top choices for an ongoing.

I heard rumors that it might be Amadeus Cho, which could be interesting if the right writer is attached to the series.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree there is a resemblance to Karnak, which if it is, OH MAN, Hulk would start one shotting everyone! Karnak's abilities + Hulks!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bezza

I think Marvel forgets how passionate and loyal Hulk fans are. Even Waid said something about Hulk fans being a mean bunch if pi**ed off! So if we do get some dork Hulk, we need to make it known we are not happy, i.e. don't buy it. Not like issue 1 with the female Thor which outsold the normal one 2-1 for pete's sake!

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

F*ck Marvel, honestly. How hard is it to understand that there are characters you just don't change? Everything that makes Hulk...well, Hulk is tied to Bruce Banner. Everything that makes Hulk special is connected with Banner's past, present and future.

If they wanted something new, they could have made a new incarnation for god's sake. Hulk is a character that has such luxury, but no, they have to waste that potential for some bull crap they know will cause a lot of trouble.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..I mean I understand the world is different now to what it was in the 60s, but leave the existing characters alone. By all means marvel make up some new heroes/villains who are black/Asian/bi sexual, gay, trans gender what ever, but Hulk, Spiderman, Thor, cap, Wolverine, these guys are what they are....

all this politically correct racial/sexual equality stuff really goes too far sometimes. People read comics to escape reality, so I wish people would stop bringing their agendas into the comic book world. Marvel has always existed in the real world and the characters have always been flawed and interesting because of it. leave it at that.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

F*ck Marvel, honestly. How hard is it to understand that there are characters you just don't change? Everything that makes Hulk...well, Hulk is tied to Bruce Banner. Everything that makes Hulk special is connected with Banner's past, present and future.

If they wanted something new, they could have made a new incarnation for god's sake. Hulk is a character that has such luxury, but no, they have to waste that potential for some bull crap they know will cause a lot of trouble.

The sound of rustled jimmies, is a refresing way to get my day kick-started. :D

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to inform you guys of the latest Bleeding Cool rumour (which may not be true since it's only based on what one person overheard Marvel staff members saying) the All new Hulk will apparently be

Ultimate Reed Richards.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: To be fair, it's not as bad as Octavious pretending to be a Superior Spider-Man or Jane Foster suddenly becoming worthy of Mjolnir whilst Thor can't even lift it.

But yeah it's still stupid, pointless and makes no sense if true.

theycallmeyoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@lvenger: marvel have already tried going with the "evil and crazy scientist" route with banner. The result was one of the worst hulk story arcs in decades.

Why theyre even considering having a less known and less liked character than banner taking up that role is absolutely beyond me.

Honestly, having him as a seperate character could be pretty cool (I mean how smart and evil ultimate reed is combined with the abilites of hulk) and itd make for an awesome team-up or rivalry with the real hulk or maestro. But actively replacing him with the real hulk is baffling.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#49  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Apparently the new Hulk is Ultimate Reed Richards.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

URR as Hulk?

Marvel must love fan's tears.