#1 Edited by Wolfrazer (8263 posts) - - Show Bio

So here is a question.....has Herc used it from time to time throughout his showings, or has he gotten rid of it completely as he stated to Sentry? I can only think of one time he has used it, but any others I wouldn't mind knowing about

That's another thing...seeing as he is de-powered completely to a peak mortal, why doesn't he start wearing it again? I would think it would help him out now that he isn't a full god anymore.

Which Marvel....you should like change, because....yeah.

#2 Edited by youmessinwithme (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe he has started wearing it again, as a mortal, sebastian shaw pulls it off of him before he hits him in their battle doesn't he? only time i've seen him wear it as full god was against the thing, but he didn't really need it)

#3 Edited by Wolfrazer (8263 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking of the skin again...did Herc ever make anything out of the claws from the Lion? Like a dagger? Of course by his other equipment, I suppose it wouldn't be necessary but just curious on that.

#4 Edited by Danvidar (41 posts) - - Show Bio

He wore it in his latest appearance in Fearless Defenders # 9 but I am unsure if he has ever made anything out of it.

#5 Posted by seekquaze (632 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking of the skin again...did Herc ever make anything out of the claws from the Lion? Like a dagger? Of course by his other equipment, I suppose it wouldn't be necessary but just curious on that.

He never did. I don't see it doing him any good either. Anything to get in range of a dagger would be in range of his fist as well. His club backed by his strength would be a better weapon. As a god, he would have access to the weaponry of Hephaestus which would make a weapon out of the claws useless as well.

However, there is something I have been wondering. The lion skin may be invulnerable, but it is a type of soft armor. It would be good for stopping arrows and glancing blows, but if someone strong enough to hurt Hercules with a club were to hit him hard I don't see the lion skin doing him much good. Agree? Disagree?

#6 Posted by BigCimmerian (9241 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

He never did. I don't see it doing him any good either. Anything to get in range of a dagger would be in range of his fist as well. His club backed by his strength would be a better weapon. As a god, he would have access to the weaponry of Hephaestus which would make a weapon out of the claws useless as well.

However, there is something I have been wondering. The lion skin may be invulnerable, but it is a type of soft armor. It would be good for stopping arrows and glancing blows, but if someone strong enough to hurt Hercules with a club were to hit him hard I don't see the lion skin doing him much good. Agree? Disagree?

You're probably right, in mythology he managed to nearly knock out Nemean lion with his club.

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (85523 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules has almost never actually used the Nemean Lionskin in the Marvel Universe so it's precise ability to provide protection hasn't exactly been dialed-in.

#8 Posted by LeeSensei (400 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

IIRC Hercules hit the lion with his club and it didn't hurt him, so I think it would offer protect him.

Hercules was wearing it in one of Thing's ongoing's where he travelled back in time IIRC.