inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Fans of Dominic Purcell's character Heatwave on CW's The Flash, based on the character of the same name, will be excited to hear that he will also be on the upcoming Flash/Arrow spin-off show. Reported by Deadline, Purcell will be joining Wentworth Miller (Captain Cold), Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer), Victor Garber (Dr Martin Stein), and Caity Lotz (Black Canary) for the show.

In addition, as mentioned recently, this show will also include three major DC characters who have never appeared in a television series. With this cast of characters, what could this new show be about?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Kidd

Expected the rest of the Rogues to come with Cold but what is this spin off even about?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm thinking this show is gonna be called the Brave and the Bold.

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rollingshadow7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great, and I hope they allot the appropriate budget to give this some justice (ha, pun...). My main area of concern is the visual effects.

Flash has been progressively improving it's visuals (freaking FIRESTORM!!), but Arrow has suffered recently. Is the CW constraining that bad on shows this popular? Ray Palmer's intro when he tried on the suit was extremely cringeworthy imo primarily due to the awfully rendered CGI. WB / Time Warner needs to influx some $ to not only maintain the great talent casting they've been doing, but maintain visual standards. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond giddy beyond reason they're still expanding the Arrow-verse. I just hope they execute this right, and keep the quality of all shows high.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rollingshadow7: I know they mentioned they are excited to have Atom crossover to Flash because they have a significantly higher budget and it'll be able to look better.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can Caity Lotz be in a spin off when her character died ?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

First Cold, now Heat Wave. It's like they don't want any of Flash's Rogues to get some time to shine in that show before doing this one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@z3ro180:

About her past or Lazarus Pit.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why doesn't warner brothers just buy CW once and rename it into DC? It will save a lot of time a nd a lot of new series will be premiere unlike the every other year announce new series thing

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh awesome can't wait to see him again,hope he has some new outfit or upgraded weapon,really liked his personality and his interaction with Captain Cold.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why doesn't warner brothers just buy CW once and rename it into DC? It will save a lot of time a nd a lot of new series will be premiere unlike the every other year announce new series thing

I personally would be ok with that,really just want a DC App for their shows old and new,animated shows,their animated movies and motion comics.Plus the movies!

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

so is arrow and flash combining or will there be a bunch of shows that just come together for this show?i hope we get a green lantern show or character on this spinoff

rollingshadow7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: The CW is a joint venture between CBS & Warner Bros. Entertainment who in turn are owned by Time Warner. So in a way, if WB wanted to, they probably could. But they've been letting each network air some DC show for better or worse to have it's own feel. Time will tell if this strategy plays off vs Marvel's one bucket/ one main overarching story.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AwesomePerson

Nice so are the rest of the Rogues expected to join or what???

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now we need Robbie Amell. I really want him back as Firestorm along with Victor.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By MrMazz

wait what if this is going to be the Secret Six (there about that cast wise by now) only its not the awesome Simone Six but the original first couple volume Six of a secret strike team.

Still no idea how you get Capt Cold and Heat Wave onboard without some sorta bomb in neck or alt reality version but eh they'll figure something out.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sasquatch888

@z3ro180 said:

How can Caity Lotz be in a spin off when her character died ?

because like in the comic books nobody dies ... shes a clone or she was resurrected in the Lazarus pit also I hope there is a worthy concept for this new show...not just a bunch of 2nd tier flash/arrow characters running around with subpar cgi buying time for the real shows during mid season breaks...watching agent carter just made me want agents of shield more.....atom is cool in the show but without shrinking is it atom really? plus I have a feeling the actor playing firestorm is not signed on to do this show yet ...why not just make a firestorm show ? or a rouges show ? whats this team about ? ...I hate that cw shows re-runs in the middle of the season ,,,just show the episodes consecutively PLEASE I don't want to see episode 7 again a week after episode 13 already aired...they could easily show re-runs on Saturday not primetime

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now we need Robbie Amell. I really want him back as Firestorm along with Victor.

*SPOILERS* According to Berlanti there is a reason why Amell isn't listed, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

I heard that this show could take place in an alternate reality where Captain Cold and Heatwave are the good guys, Sara Lance isn't dead and the half of Firestorm can still use his powers without Stein. Or Stein hadn't been merged with Ronnie. This could be the Flashpoint event where the Flash had done something in the past to alter the timeline.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 owie  Moderator

My only problem with this is that I can only watch so much TV in a week, and there's so much solid comic book TV these days. How is my brain (and life schedule) going to deal with all this!?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

awesome

~MiB

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show sounds really weird. I wouldn't be surprised if it got scrapped. Is this some offbeat version of The Outsiders? Secret Six? Secret Six could be cool. I don't think the Brave and the Bold concept fits unless they're totally changing it. But more Caity lotz is never a bad thing, it's a good thing. Birds of Prey would be great if Sara was the lead but ARROW kinda ruined Huntress. It would be hard to save that character. And I doubt they can use Barbara, and Felicity is already basically Oracle for Team Arrow. But Birds of Prey could use Sara, Katana, and Manhunter.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sweet!

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rollingshadow7: I'm just saying that after 2 years, they would announce that Firestorm or someone is getting a TV show. Wouldn't it be better 2 have a channel called DC airing Dc only shows, movies, comic book interviews, cartoons, motion pictures,etc. All that they would need to do is bring back rights of Constatine, Gotham,Supergirl,Teen Titans for TV shows while bringing back the Cartoon rights from Cartoon Network would solve rest of the problem. This would be a unique idea that Marvel can't try because they do not have enough past content that can fit into it which people would want to watch again like movies, tv shows,animated movies,etc.This would also be a very profitable venture for DC as a whole as it would Promote DC to the world as some of my friends don't even know that Green Arrow is owned by DC. I constantly remind them when they say stuff like"I wish GA would show up in Avengers". This would increase their comic book sales as well

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its going to be called Prision Break!!!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@vitalius said:

@z3ro180:

About her past or Lazarus Pit.

It can't be the past. The Atom, Heatwave, and Captain Cold didn't have their tech until after she died. It wouldn't make a lick of sense if it's the past. So it has to be Lazarus Pit, which is a huge spoiler. CW should have made this announcement after she comes back, not before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

They mention on Arrow. Ra´s al Ghul is over 100 years old.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: Yes they do. But, it still can't be Sarah's past because she is supposed to interact with this team.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

She work in others cities before appearing Starling City but was possibel that she was looking for Cynthia and cleaning the places while she was there. Plus this could be like DC Present or Secret Origins, where you follow a characther or characthers around for na arc.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mickey-mouse

@vitalius: I doubt that. This is most likely going to be a standard Super Hero show which is the same they have done with Arrow & Flash. This is either going to be outsiders or they will call it secret six or something. Obliviously WB is no longer allowing them to do the Suicide Squad spinoff series, so i guess they decided to do this instead.