gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

Clint is back and the hilarity ensues. There is something so charming about seeing Clint in action. From the beginning interactions with Ivan the Landlord, Clint's made a new set of enemies. Who else besides Matt Fraction could deliver a scene with Hawkeye in his civilian guise, with his pants down. Hawkeye has always been a great character but Fraction has added a different level to his humanity.

David Aja's art is a welcome sight as well. Combined with Matt Hollingsworth's colors, you can easily find yourself sucked into the story. There's so much to see with tons of subtle details that really makes this comic a joy to read. His interaction with his brother or former girlfriends adds to the fun.

I simply love how down to earth this series is. We've seen Hawkeye go up against the likes of Ultron or Kang the Conqueror. Who would've thought the continued escalation between him and the Tracksuit Mafia could be so incredibly compelling?

And wait until you see the ending. Do everyone a favor and do not spoil it.

The Bad

No complaints here. I'm sure some will gripe about the delay but things happen. Whatever. Reading this provided joy and entertainment. Exactly what I wanted for $2.99.

The Verdict

Hawkeye's fight against the Bros continues. Matt Fraction, David Aja, and Matt Hollingsworth all deserve a round of applause. The way the story has been building up over so many issues has been great. This issue will entertain you. It will make you laugh and it will even surprise you. Bottom line, I love this series so much.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By WarDishy_
No Caption Provided

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By HumanRocket

Nothing bad to mention? I'm not surprised :) let the Bro battle begin!

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He was the reason I bought the book, as well as the artwork. Hasn't been the same with Kate taken centre stage for several issues, and the artwork felt like it was trying to be similar to it, but it felt off, so I'm glad it's back to where it started!

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What. Just. HAPPENED?!?

Avatar image for infinityomelette
InfinityOmelette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bro! ... BRO!!!

Avatar image for theimmortalbeaver
TheImmortalBeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given how middle-of-the-road the Kate focused issues have been, it was great to see Clint back in the spotlight. I hope they focus there, and continue the Clown plot. As it stands, I was getting ready to drop this book but this issue has made me want to stick around for a while longer.

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've loved both halves of this book, Kate and Clint. Ending is... wow. Interested to see where things go!

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

All I can think is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Given how middle-of-the-road the Kate focused issues have been, it was great to see Clint back in the spotlight. I hope they focus there, and continue the Clown plot. As it stands, I was getting ready to drop this book but this issue has made me want to stick around for a while longer.

I agree with this.

TheFizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: I don't think the Kate focused issues were bad; just not as high quality as what Fraction and Aja are doing. I personally wouldn't have minded the Kate issues to be a mini-series about her adventures. Because at the end of the day this book is called Hawkeye, bro.

This issue is like wow, bananas. Still the best book Marvel is putting out.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@thefizz said:

@fallschirmjager: I don't think the Kate focused issues were bad; just not as high quality as what Fraction and Aja are doing. I personally wouldn't have minded the Kate issues to be a mini-series about her adventures. Because at the end of the day this book is called Hawkeye, bro.

This issue is like wow, bananas. Still the best book Marvel is putting out.

I didn't mind the Kate issues, I just wanted them to be with Hawkeye too lol. Their duo was fun :3. Telling the story of two different characters on opposite sides of the coast in one book was...hawkward.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, just as they were about to push me away from this series, they had to go and pull me back in. The good: seriously amazing issue. That ending, holy Hawkeye Batman! The bad: it's going to be at least three months before this plotline continues. The ugly: My head exploding knowing I have to wait that long.

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Did anyone else find other answers on the other names on the cover (E.G. Pulido on the 3rd row to the bottom)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 owie  Moderator

Fantastic issue. The kind of thing where you read it, and you are just totally satisfied with your reading experience. I didn't even want to read the rest of my comics this week, because I knew they would be a let down in comparison.

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn

burgerkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Consistent awesomeness bro. Cover, art, story, funny stuff all good bro. Fraction - Aja bro.