Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Does reviews, though!

I see. Star Wars prequels get good reviews, nobody cares. This garbage gets good reviews and everybody uses it to back up why it's great.

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Dr_Harlequin
Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@dr_harlequin: The only good thing about it is the art design, and even then the character designs and costumes totally ruin it. Horribly written, characters written OOC, terribly unfunny, uninteresting antagonist, dumb plot. The only reason why this got good reviews is because Ivy and Harley are back together, it could be (And is) worse than Batman & Robin and ppl would love it.

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Dr_Harlequin

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: I enjoyed Batman & Robin as a comedy. As long as these are not taken too seriously, it could be enjoyable.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump i like her so glad she finally left the Joker's crazy ass and can develop on her own. I just miss that she/catwoman/poison ivy aren't living together and getting into trouble anymore.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I dig.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Out of curiousity, does anyone like New 52 Harley for reasons other than she is separated from the Joker? That has been the main "praise" I've been hearing since the reboot.

Unfortunately, that is not the problem with her. I'm just like everybody else: I want to see Harley shine separate from the Joker. I am not inherently against their relationship. But I am an adamant believer that she can shine in her own way without bwing with Mistah J.

And while New 52 Harley is "separate" from the Joker, she has sort of become him. She has been "Jokerized" so completely that little semblence of her previous characterization exists anymore. Sje is practically a separate character.

I am very offput by the idea that a person's (not every person who likes her; but I'm will to bet a few) approval of New 52 might stem just from her and the Joker being broken up. Because that has happened in the past WHILE STILL maintaining who Harley was as a character. But since the New 52, she has been gutted and transformed into a female version of the Joker. And THAT is not good.

leah8954

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^Seriously though, she hasn't even been with him officially sense Grant Morrison split them up back in 2007.

It's been 7 years.. I repeat. Seven. That's a long time that she's been kicking butt out on her own.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leah8954: Exactly. That's why I'm kind of irked that people often credit her being separate from the Joker to the New 52 Harley. It's not a new concept. And if anything, the New 52 has only succeeded in making her more like the Joker.

SoopaCoop16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@supbatz: I think other than the fact that she has been jokerized, she has successfully been removed from Joker mostly. And don't get me wrong, I love a good Joker/Harley romance just as much as the next guy, but it is AMAZING that she isn't solely associated with him anymore. Another thing that I wish they would change would be that she would a look VERY similar to the Arkham City Harley Quinn because the white skin throws me off. But I did like Harley pre-New 52, but I like her more so now. But I couldn't read an issue of Suicide Squad without dry heaving at Harley Quinn panels. Like what was up with her stupid cape and neck ruffle?! It was atrocious and I'm glad that she got herself her own solo series without distancing herself from Joker all the way because she does still love him, I mean look at issue two. The beginning involves her grinding on a Joker statue. And may I point out that you first said that Harley was a separate character and then you mention further down that she is female Joker. Make up your mind dude. But I honestly think Harley is great in the New 52 and it just doesn't only stem from her breaking away from the J-Man. It's finally heartening to see someone on this forum that isn't all " Harley is a slut, boring, and needs to be chained to the Joker". Thank you for that.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her villains month issue took away all likeability and sympathy for the character. You cant have a character kill a bunch of children for no reason and not care and then still try to make them wacky, funny, and likable. That issue alone ruined Harley's character.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#113  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Creeper would most likely beat Harley rather than fate her. He despises clowns and isn't the most sympathetic individual in the world.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think other than the fact that she has been jokerized, she has successfully been removed from Joker mostly. And don't get me wrong, I love a good Joker/Harley romance just as much as the next guy, but it is AMAZING that she isn't solely associated with him anymore.

I'm of the same opinion. I like the Joker and Harley together. Even though their relationship is as abusive as it is complex, I find it fascinating. And I think that, when written correctly, the two play off of one another very well. But I don't absolutely need them to be together. They are unique characters who can be just as interesting separately as they are together. My main issue with New 52 Harley is the fact that I feel she has become too much like the Joker. I don't mind that the two are not together, but it kind of defeats the purpose of keeping them apart if DC just wanted to make her into a sadistic female duplicate of him.

Another thing that I wish they would change would be that she would a look VERY similar to the Arkham City Harley Quinn because the white skin throws me off. But I did like Harley pre-New 52, but I like her more so now. But I couldn't read an issue of Suicide Squad without dry heaving at Harley Quinn panels. Like what was up with her stupid cape and neck ruffle?! It was atrocious and I'm glad that she got herself her own solo series.

I try to avoid bringing attention to New 52 Harley's opinion, just because I feel like when I comment on that, people assume that the ONLY reason I do not like her is because of her more provocative design, which is not true in the slightest. Almost all of my problems with her have to do with her character. That disclaimer being said, I agree on all accounts. I think a redesign more closely based to her Arkham City outfit would have been far better than her current design. The white skin is a major turnoff. I liked that Harley stood as a symbol of the Joker breaking a normal, sane person and driving her mad. Now, I feel like the metaphor shifts from Joker driving her to insanity to Joker essentially turning her into him. The cape and neck ruffle are just ridiculous.

And may I point out that you first said that Harley was a separate character and then you mention further down that she is female Joker. Make up your mind dude.

I don't think I explained my meaning very well initially, so for that I apologize. What I meant to argue was that Harley, historically Pre-New 52, is a distinct character, separate from the Joker. Whether the two were apart or together, they were both very different characters. The Joker was the darker, more sadistic sort of funny with Harley the bubbly, cartoonish funny (I don't mean to generalize their roles; but that is the easiest simplification I can think of at the moment). And my problem (that I was referring to in the previous post) is that now, in the New 52, that she has become a female Joker, in my opinion.

I argue this point here, if you're interested:

Harley Quinn: A Contemporary Study of Modern Comics

But I honestly think Harley is great in the New 52 and it just doesn't only stem from her breaking away from the J-Man. It's finally heartening to see someone on this forum that isn't all " Harley is a slut, boring, and needs to be chained to the Joker". Thank you for that.

To each their own. I am very opposed to New 52 Harley, but I am glad to hear that she is not solely liked because of the fact that she is away from the Joker. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

And yes, I agree that complaints that "Harley is a slut, boring, and needs to be chained to the Joker" are incredibly generalizing of more complex character issues. Harley has never been a saint. Granted, New 52 Harley is more explicitly sexual, it isn't in itself the sole argument to justify renouncing the character altogether. And as for being chained to the Joker, I always say that I will take Harley with or without him. I just want her to be more in-line with traditional depictions of the character.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The queen solo series is awesome :). She almost the same are her pre 52 self and not reliant on Mr J?

No Caption Provided

daldrete7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By daldrete7

To all those who prefer the New 52 Harley: thank God for all of you. You have all restored my faith in humanity. Personally, I prefer Harley as an anti-hero rather than villain. To all those who bitch and moan "we want the 'old Harley' back," nobody's forcing you to read the new-52 Harley series. Go back to reading the old pre-52 comic books and go about your merry way. And for the record, the new Convergence titles actually go back to the pre-Flashpoint universe, so don't worry. You'll get back your weak-willed, spineless, pathetic, Joker-dependent clown original Harley back.

daldrete7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't DC and Marvel collaborate already? I want a Harley Quinn/ Deadpool Comic Book already. It might be awesome to see the Joker and Domino team up because their exes are dating each other, and they're jealous.

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Dr_Harlequin

@daldrete7:

Harley has been written like an anti-hero and aspired to be independent from the Joker many times before New 52 Harley, as well as currently existing universes such as Injustice and soon to be Arkham-verse. And I don't think it's very nice for you to tell people to abandon their fan favorite character, even if many seemingly negative things have been written of her. Her fans just want to see her written in the best way possible, however subjective it may be.

Then you further continue to insult the foundation of what your preferred version of Harley was built upon and, in your blunt description, really is no different.

May I ask why you seem so bitter?

daldrete7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By daldrete7

@dr_harlequin: I wasn't telling people to abandon their fan-favorite character. I was simply trying to give all those negativity spreaders a taste of their own medicine. All I wanted was to make them think and use common sense rather than complain about the recent changes made to Harley, especially her new look since that's what haters are complaining about the most. I like constructive criticism, and most of the negative comments are anything but constructive, let-alone intelligent . You are right about one thing: I did insult the foundation of where Harley was built upon, and I apologize for that. Maybe I exaggerated a bit, and came off as bitter. I just find it kind of disturbing that people prefer Harley being with the Joker. In my opinion, it sounds like they're romanticizing violent and abusive relationships. Plus, the jester costume was far too tied to the Joker, whereas her new look symbolizes her freedom and independence. And there's an old saying: "Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain." In other words, I do miss the original Harley, but I don't want DC to bring her back. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say from that quote. If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

daldrete7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tehstranger: I don't think it's fair to jump to conclusions so quickly. That was just one issue, and it was tied in to the Suicide Squad continuity. Her solo series actually branches off from Suicide Squad after issue # 15, the Death of the Family events. The ones her wrote her Villain's Month issue are the ones who ruined Harley in the Suicide Squad continuity.

Avatar image for superbatty90909
Superbatty90909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@siycobat: Simple Anwser: No, i don't like New52 Harley Quinn. But most of the New 52 comics suck anyways.

daldrete7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To all still complaining about NEW 52 Harley Quinn: you people are PATHETIC!!!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

I just read the first trade of her current solo. She reminds me a bit more of Deadpool then Harley Quinn. She could stand to be funnier and cuter but it's not horrible.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#124  Edited By kcomicfan

I liked Harley Quinn in the New 52.

SolidWall211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By SolidWall211

Lol At the people who want her and the joker together again. That was a abusive relationship and if you people actually tolerate that, then you're disgusting.

daldrete7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solidwall211: Amen to you brother. The world we live in is extremely messed up, and is in need of a new beginning.

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-New 52 Harley > New 52 Harley
She seems more like another villain. Nothing similar with the old Harley except her name. And that is not okay in my opinion. I like Harley because of her character, attitude, looks and even acting before the reboot not a neutral and sometimes actually boring girl.

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Aberdeen

Obviously they do. Why else would DC be pushing her?

It's just another case of the loud minority letting their opinions be known.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

She's alright, I guess.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked both versions of her. I don't see why people are complaining.

BB_Ryder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep.