• 72 results
Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Comicdude360

A lot of other characters have this so why no post anything on hank.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I've been rewatching Avengers:EMH and cant help but remember how awesome Hank was in that show.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I'm hoping he'll get a regular place in a comic sometime soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@dagmar_merrill: That would be nice. I wonder if his appearance in the Ant-Man film will make that more or less likely.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@avenging_x_bolt: I often re-watch EMH. Damn good two seasons. Hank was treated well.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmummy: I do too makes me sad when I watch assemble cause of it.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: yeah, I can't get through a whole episode of that show.

@darthmummy: definitely. He was arguably one of the best characters on that show.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: it's really messed up that it got cancelled they could of just changed the team line up.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I bet 1000 dollars to each of you Hank Pym wont even be in Axis since marvel gave up on the character. /bitter

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I'd bet the most he gets is a cameo but Scott lang gets a spotlight

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

• Comes onto CV's message forums.
  • Notices a Hank Pym discussion thread. (Nice)
  • Comes back tomorrow notices thread is renamed the Scott Lang discussion thread.
  • Pymrage
  • :p
Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teerack

@comicdude360: Please change it from "hank pym discussion" to "Hank Pym Discussion" It's really bugging me(ant-puns) >.<

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: done. Nice pun btw

@dernman: don't worry it won't be (unless marvel hacks into it)

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: it's more than that. They wanted a show exclusively targeted towards little kids and fans of the movies. That makes it suck even worse.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I really don't see why I don't care if hulk and Spider-man's shows are dumbed down but meh was kid friendly and it was really good.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: LMAO!!! Now don't start that again!!

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: kids'll pay more attention/get more toys etc from dumbed down shows that remind them of their favorite movie,

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: there's a reason avengers was rated pg13 if they want dumb they should watch super hero squad.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: that was canceled a while back and wouldn't get Disney/Marvel as much money : (

I feel your pain dude, I want EMH back (without loeb)

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else think hank and Janet should get an ongoing

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Teerack

@comicdude360: They aren't together and Janet is married to Havok in Uncanny Avengers.

I think it would be cool if Hank Pym started to be more relevant in X-Men books since they don't seem to have a place for him in the Avengers anymore. I would think the leading expert on robotics would be very helpful when Sentinels are your biggest threat.

That or anything with the murder world kids since Avengers Undercover is about to be over next issue.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: Janet is really great, but I kind of liked Hank and Tigra's super awkward relationship with her have not Hank's son and having dated not Hank back during the secret invasion. It added a really unique tension to things, especially after Hank discovered since the Skrull transformation was so complete it meant that genetically in a DNA test Hank was technically the father.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@avenging_x_bolt said:

I've been rewatching Avengers:EMS and cant help but remember how awesome Hank was in that show.

Yeah, I wish the writers of the actual comics handled him as well as the writers from the show did.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: yeah I like that I just hate the idea of Janet and havoc

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: nothin but I don't like them together

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyoneelse

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Teerack
Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He needs to have Grant Morrison write a maxiseries of him.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Teerack

Marvel should have Hank drop code names and just go by Hank Pym. I think Pym is a cool enough name that it would work the same way they have Adam Strange and Jonah Hex at DC Comics.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Night4345

Avengers 35 Spoilers.

After the 8 month time skip in Avengers 35 Hank Pym has joined the Illuminati and is in hiding as one of the worlds most wanted along with the other members of the team. He also appears to have gone back to his Yellowjacket outfit.

Hank, Y U DO THIS?!
Hank, Y U DO THIS?!

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: I'm kind of happy Hank will have a spot on the Illuminati for a while, even though he'll probably be written as a narcissistic jackass. It's not his first time on the Illuminati, too, IIRC.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: I'm kind of happy Hank will have a spot on the Illuminati for a while, even though he'll probably be written as a narcissistic jackass. It's not his first time on the Illuminati, too, IIRC.

It's his first time and considering the Illuminati got him kidnapped and replaced by aliens not to mention the last time 'he' worked with Tony Stark and Reed Richards he built a robot Thor that killed his friend which is why they retconned him into being a skrull in the first place. I'd rather Hank stay far far away from the can of worms they're dealing with in New Avengers.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@night4345: Writers make Pym specializes in being with worms. I'm just hoping he'll be written like he was in Mighty Avengers. Writers just like to make him a massive dick, but I thought Mighty Avengers did a good Hank; same goes for Avengers A.I and Avengers Academy. I just don't want him to be a full on dick, unless he's having mental issues again. I prefer a disturbed, but nice Hank. And it's about time Hank gets more recognition, so the Illuminati might not be too bad.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Night4345

@beaconofstrength: I'm just hoping he'll be written like he was in Mighty Avengers. Writers just like to make him a massive dick, but I thought Mighty Avengers did a good Hank; same goes for Avengers A.I and Avengers Academy.

If he was written the way he was in those book then he wouldn't be joining up the Illuminati in the first place. Why couldn't he just have his academy and his kids (who don't get unrealistically kidnapped and put in a Hunger Games ripoff)? I don't have high hopes for Hank's rep or his life with the Illuminati and Scott Lang taking his movie spot as Antman.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: I don't think he'll be on it permanently, and it honestly may not be a terrible thing. While the Illuminati are kind of dickish, in the end they do things for the greater good in their world. Maybe they'll have a real reason for Pym joining, too. I'm still iffy about this, but I'm trying to stay optimistic about it.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Teerack

@night4345: I posted what you posted an one one talked about it two weeks ago >:[

@beaconofstrength: @night4345:

I'm really glad Hank will get to be relevant in something major in the first time since The Infinity Crusade but I'm scared of how he might be handled. I have a ton of faith in Hickman since he kind of writes everyone more in character then any other writer, but I always thought Hank Pym since coming back from being skrullnapped has proven to be the most moral/good of all the geniuses. I feel like if Bruce Banner was still around him and Pym would be agreeing on a lot of things in their Illuminati chats, but since Doc Green has replaced him I'm worried how Hank will behave with the current company he will be having.

I had hopes that in the fallout of New Avengers Amadeus, Pym, Valeria Richards, and Arno Stark would become a bigger part of the Marvel Universe since they were the only trustworthy/not criminal super geniuses, but that's all out the window now. I'm really curious to see where this goes.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: I don't think he'll be on it permanently, and it honestly may not be a terrible thing. While the Illuminati are kind of dickish, in the end they do things for the greater good in their world. Maybe they'll have a real reason for Pym joining, too. I'm still iffy about this, but I'm trying to stay optimistic about it.

The Illuminati decided they were above everyone else on big defense decisions for Earth which has backfired several times already. Does Hank seem like the person who'd trust himself with those kind of decisions or believe this kind of society is alright (he was a casualty for one of their mistakes)? I feel it's out of character for Hank to work with them at all even without knowing about the killing of the other Earth (I know him and Cap/SHIELD aren't on great terms over the Arena/Undercover thing but I don't think he'd take it to an extreme like this). Hickman's run(s) hasn't left me hopeful for a good end for anyone on the team and I don't want one of my favorite characters get caught in it for no reason.

I guess we'll see.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

He needs to have Grant Morrison write a maxiseries of him.

Yes.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now he is part of the Master's of Evil?

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: y'know I'm starting to hate marvel.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@avenging_x_bolt said:

I've been rewatching Avengers:EMS and cant help but remember how awesome Hank was in that show.

Yeah, I wish the writers of the actual comics handled him as well as the writers from the show did.

Damn right. For decades the comics have been basing his entire characterization after the same damn panel from the 70's (you know the one I mean) using it as a crutch. The show actually managed to develop him without it.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@amazingwebhead said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

Damn right. For decades the comics have been basing his entire characterization after the same damn panel from the 70's (you know the one I mean) using it as a crutch. The show actually managed to develop him without it.

Exactly, Ant-Man could have been a really cool and successful character, but instead Marvel focused way to much on Hank's personal issues instead of developing him into a hero. Let's hope they don't drop the ball with with Scott.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@captainmarvel4ever: Hank's personal issues is a massive part of his character. He's essentially a super-villain who tries his hardest to do the right things. I'd be pissed if they just tried to ignore Hank's personal issues, and just made him into a cookie cutter hero.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly, Ant-Man could have been a really cool and successful character, but instead Marvel focused way to much on Hank's personal issues instead of developing him into a hero. Let's hope they don't drop the ball with with Scott.

. He was kind of unstable before he even started being Ant-man. His mental instability is one of the most intriguing parts of his character