Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Hal Jordan: Love Him or Hate Him? (67 votes)

Love 58%
Hate 10%
meh 31%
#1 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, don't care about him one way or the other.

#2 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate him. I just dislike the hype as there are far more interesting characters in the GL Corps, and I think he gives people a dull first impression of the mythos. But otherwise he's a pretty bland character, so meh.

#3 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I love him. Greatest Lantern of all time...followed by Baz IMO.

#4 Edited by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

I don't hate him. I just dislike the hype as there are far more interesting characters in the GL Corps, and I think he gives people a dull first impression of the mythos. But otherwise he's a pretty bland character, so meh.

LOL. I put in the "meh" option based on your comments from the other thread hahaha

#5 Posted by The_Tree (7289 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say love. He's my favorite Green Lantern, although Guy is kind of creeping up the list and might make it to number one fairly soon.

#6 Posted by waezi2 (7208 posts) - - Show Bio

Im more into Kyle. Guy is great to

#7 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

it goes hal, guy, john, kyle then baz

#9 Posted by Farkam (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care about him enough to hate him. He is irrelevant.

#10 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@sinestro_gl: haha yep seems its viable

haha the meh option seems to have been a great option :P

#11 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Yeah, John rocks--especially in that. He has so much character and so many sides to him. US Marine Sniper, Social Activist, Architect, Peace Maker, Green Lantern, Pianist, Propheseid Hero, and more, I'm sure.

#13 Posted by The Human Stain (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal's cool.

Excited that John's getting the spotlight in GL Corps. It's about damn time.

#14 Edited by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_human_stain: agreed!

I'm so glad each human lantern (save for Baz atm as he's in JLA) is getting the spotlight in their OWN title. Good way to keep all fans happy.

I'm still most excited for the main GL title though. Can't wait to see how Venditti handles Hal and his new (unwanted) leadership role. Should make for some good stuff. And how about Relic!? That villain looks totally BA!

#15 Posted by MrGOD (15 posts) - - Show Bio

John is a stupid supporting character I don't know why you few are so drawn to him. Even if you don't like Hal, Kyle and Guy have 10x more character and are way better written. To be honest I believe the main draw to the character is his race. I'm half white half black and I find my self feeling there is definitely a lack of black superheroes, but I also believe you shouldn't try to fabricate a character who isn't there. If you like Hal, Kyle, or Guy that makes seeing as Hal is the main character and Kyle was the main character for some time and Guy is funny as hell but John has done literally nothing that wows me because really he is just there for diversity and nothing more.

#16 Edited by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrgod said:

Even if you don't like Hal, Kyle and Guy have 10x more character and are way better written.

That's a major problem with John. The writers at DC haven't written John "properly" for quite some time. Far be it from me to point out what DC should or should not be doing, but the general consensus is that John receives a lot less of the creative input from the writers compared to the other Earth Lanterns. John has had some great stories in the past, but lately he's been a supporting character at best.

We all think John deserves better.

#17 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrgod: just because John is black doesn't mean he is there just for diversity's sake. Hes been black since his inception and hes been around for quite some time now. So even if that was the case initially, so what? You pretend that diversity is bad. And at any rate, hes been around and established for so long thats no reason to consider him being there just for diversity anymore as he is an integral part of the GL mythos. He's also one of the greatest characters in comics (black or not). And like Kyle and Guy, he has also had his time in the sun, it's just lately he hasn't been getting much love from writers. But it seems that is going to change shortly.

He's a fully fleshed out and multi dimensional character like all the other human GLs, so I don't see why you're signaling him out.

#18 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

He's alright. I prefer Kyle, but I think that Hal definitely has some depth too - many fans seem to have this impression that any characters who are straight-laced are generic, but he does have his moments where you definitely feel for the character.

#19 Posted by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I never understood all the hate/lukewarm reactions he gets. He IS the Green Lantern to me

#20 Posted by MrGOD (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Extremis

Ive seen you single out Hal many times so don't be a hypocrite.

"Can't wait to see how Venditti handles Hal and his new (unwanted) leadership role"

" I think he gives people a dull first impression of the mythos"

#21 Posted by ComicStooge (12595 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him.

#22 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Punched batman

Dislikes earthen minorities

Became parallax and killed lantern corps

Bagged arisia, until readers bawwed and even though she is of age they have to make her look like a woman

yes

#23 Posted by Dm225 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan is THE Green Lantern to me and the only one I follow in comics. Although I have been tempted to pick up New Guardians with the new creative team but I'm not convinced yet.

#24 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13005 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal is definitely my favorite although i definitely enjoy all of earth's GLs.

#25 Edited by CaptainLantern76 (551 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal is definitely my favorite although i definitely enjoy all of earth's GLs.

Same here.

#26 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hal, but I prefer Kyle.

#27 Posted by DigbyKong (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

Punched batman

Dislikes earthen minorities

Became parallax and killed lantern corps

Bagged arisia, until readers bawwed and even though she is of age they have to make her look like a woman

yes

I was going to say I hate his f**king guts. But when you put it that way... he does sound pretty cool

#28 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrgod: Didn't see your posts until now as you didn't reply properly.

But I stand by both those statements. And please don't police my words. I can be excited for a new take on a character I haven't previously been thrilled with. Especially if V-ditti is writing him. It makes sense, maybe not to you.

Also, do you only exist on here to harrass me and put down John Stewart? I may not like Hal all that much, but at least I dont dedicate a 12 post existence to spread hate about a single character and just basically be a troll. Good riddance.

#29 Edited by MrGOD (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis Most of my comments are to show my liking of the character not to bash John. And John was ranked 55 on a list of 100 while Hal placed 7th so that only furthers my point. I just don't see how you can see John as one of the best characters as he hasn't done a whole lot as of now , but with GL corps becoming his own title maybe that will change but as is ,he isn't even in the top 50. I really don't feel like arguing with you for 4 more threads but I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree.

#30 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how Venditti is treating Hal. I'm just waiting for him to return to JL.

#31 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Hal, he's my favorite GL and my 4th favorite comic book character.

#32 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how Venditti is treating Hal. I'm just waiting for him to return to JL.

IKR. The bigger question is when will Hal return to Earth? Since he's been off-planet, the events of Trinity War and Forever Evil has unfolded...Hal definitely would have been of HUGE assistance!

Not that I don't want Hal to be back in the JL (which I hope he does) but seriously, lately he's had bigger fish to fry.