#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32078 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by The_Tree (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

That looked pretty f###in' cool, too bad they didn't get the entire trailer. Rocket looked badass, and it was nice to see that Star-Lord's got his cool mask.

This is my most anticipated comic book movie of 2014.

#3 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear I almost shed a tear when I saw my Rocket firing his gun.

#4 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32078 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree: Yea I was worried they would go for the crap Marvel NOW Bendis look, glad they didn't. I think the Nova's look kinda lame though.

#5 Edited by IrishX (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks pretty damn good.

#6 Edited by The_Tree (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Their suits definitely seem more militaristic and practical. Hopefully if they put Rich Rider into the mix, they'll give him a more superhero-esque suit.

#7 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

That looked pretty f###in' cool, too bad they didn't get the entire trailer. Rocket looked badass, and it was nice to see that Star-Lord's got his cool mask.

This is my most anticipated comic book movie of 2014.

I agree.

This is actually the comic book film of 2014 that I look forward to the most.

Everything about it....just looks...amazing...and perfectly done.

#8 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@jonny_anonymous: Their suits definitely seem more militaristic and practical. Hopefully if they put Rich Rider into the mix, they'll give him a more superhero-esque suit.

I actually like it. I mean,Richard Rider should have that badass superhero-esque costume that he has in the comics,but I actually like the other Nova corps wearing this....I like this look a lot more. Especially because it helps to better differentiate them from the Green Lantern corps

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32078 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

I actually like it. I mean,Richard Rider should have that badass superhero-esque costume that he has in the comics,but I actually like the other Nova corps wearing this....I like this look a lot more. Especially because it helps to better differentiate them from the Green Lantern corps

All I want to see is this:

#10 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@the_tree said:

All I want to see is this:

That would be so damn awesome!

#11 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14685 posts) - - Show Bio

Music was very silly to me. What exactly where they trying to go for?

Otherwise looks cool. Don't think I rank it higher than the TASM2 trailer or the DoFP post-credits scene though :3.

#12 Posted by Lvenger (17855 posts) - - Show Bio

That looked really cool. Good designs, cool effects and a nice look to the film.

#13 Posted by ShadowX (1190 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still upset that we don get to see characters like Phyla vell, Moondragon and mantis

#14 Posted by The Lobster (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

Otherwise looks cool. Don't think I rank it higher than the TASM2 trailer or the DoFP post-credits scene though :3.

Seems to me like they were trying to go for the exact tone a movie like this needs.

Classic B Action-Comedy Movie, with actual effort put behind it but doesn't take itself too seriously. I mean what other tone could they possibly go for with a movie about aliens, trash talking raccoons and giant talking trees?

#15 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

Seems to me like they were trying to go for the exact tone a movie like this needs.

Classic B Action-Comedy Movie, with actual effort put behind it but doesn't take itself too seriously. I mean what other tone could they possibly go for with a movie about aliens, trash talking raccoons and giant talking trees?

I agree....

@shadowx said:

I'm still upset that we don get to see characters like Phyla vell, Moondragon and mantis

Well to be fair they aren't exactly characters that are essential the Gotg main roster...although Phyla Vell might be and I like her the most.

But I think they were kinda trying to tie it as close to possible as the current comic and the 2006 rendition of them

#16 Posted by MaccyD (3394 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket Raccoon will definitely be the breakout character of this...

#17 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32078 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: Mantis was a founding member

Not sure about the a-hole line

#18 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that they were going a bit more for the current line-up....what do you mean by "a-hole line"?

#19 Edited by ShadowX (1190 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing is marvel could have revived phyla vell and moondragon too in the new series. They revived everbody else except for them. And yondu is n this even tjough he is from the original gotg and no this team. Its just a littlr bs that the two lgb characters( also females) in the team are removed from the comics and the film.

#20 Posted by MaccyD (3394 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: "They call themselves Guardians of the Galaxy. A bunch of a-holes!"

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32078 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

I thought that they were going a bit more for the current line-up....what do you mean by "a-hole line"?

The current line-up is based on the movie not the other way round. I meant the a-hole line in the trailer.

#22 Posted by BigL (235 posts) - - Show Bio

That was awesome. Rocket & Groot fighting together was cool

#23 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32078 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigl: that was pretty cool

#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24438 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: They took it down before I could watch because for some reason a trailer for a movie is a state secret

#25 Edited by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

@cameron83: "They call themselves Guardians of the Galaxy. A bunch of a-holes!"

Oh that lol I laughed

It seems dark yet it still has comedy

#26 Posted by cameron83 (6499 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

The current line-up is based on the movie not the other way round. I meant the a-hole line in the trailer.

I know that. For the entire year Marvel (which I applaud them on) has been promoting this movie in comics and in other media

#27 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32078 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: They took it down before I could watch because for some reason a trailer for a movie is a state secret

well..... crap

#28 Edited by warlock360 (27916 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

fucking amazing

photo tumblr_mrfjrvcCoW1qdfs7xo2_250.gif

photo tumblr_mrfjrvcCoW1qdfs7xo3_250.gif

#30 Edited by Jk-Prodigy (121 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32078 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by warlock360 (27916 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by sagejonathan (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

It got removed D:

#34 Edited by danhimself (22210 posts) - - Show Bio

I never make it to these in time :(

#35 Edited by The_Tree (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

#36 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (5942 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree: Cool. Weird and confusing, but cool.

#37 Posted by ARMIV2 (8271 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooooooooh, I am torn between looking at spoilers and not looking at spoilers!!!

#38 Edited by OutlawRenegadeFangirl (44 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by HumanRocket (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

Nooooooo I can't find any links that haven't been taken down! I am so jealous of ppl who got to see it D:

#40 Posted by RedLantern23 (883 posts) - - Show Bio

http://whatculture.com/film/guardians-of-the-galaxy-comic-con-footage-leaked.php

Found a good link my friends. Watch it while you can! I for one am pumped.

#41 Edited by FlashKnight (448 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

I normally don't look at the spoilers for films but I had to make sure they did my Rocket justice.