Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@teerack said:

This is going to be the best super hero movie ever, because it stars the BEST characters ever.

FACT! It's funny because after looking through the comments of a few of the big comics sites and even Youtube, Comic Vine seems to be the most negative

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#152  Edited By Teerack
@jonny_anonymous said:

@teerack said:

This is going to be the best super hero movie ever, because it stars the BEST characters ever.

FACT! It's funny because after looking through the comments of a few of the big comics sites and even Youtube, Comic Vine seems to be the most negative

That's weird. I mean we're mostly the people who read comics... we should be more aware of how the GotG are actually marvel's best and coolest franchise then other posters like youtube posters.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@teerack said:

That's weird. I mean we're mostly the people who read comics... we should be more aware of how the GotG are actually marvel's best and coolest franchise then other posters like youtube posters.

Well this is for all the haters

No Caption Provided

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@xwraith said:

This is a comic book movie, people. It doesn't have to be deathly serious.

Go see Winter Soldier if that's what you want.

As if marvel studios hasn't filled that one too with cheesy one-liners and terrible jokes...c'mon! The first CA:WS trailer was a cringefest! I'm not against jokes...but they should tone it down a bit on the comedy...

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

@cameron83: cause their stupid. there is an innate silliness to the characters and instead of going the opposite direction and be serious to offset that its embracing its silliness and giving it some thought i get why. if you laugh and joke at yourself when orders do it you're laugh with them not at them. total fail on marvel's part. will watch it as a fan but im officially no longer looking forward to the film. if a better trailer comes out i can always change my mind but for now disappointed

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@teerack said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@teerack said:

It seems that ever since Tim Burton's Batman, the first thought comic readers have about every CBM is "they're going to completely f&*%k this up".

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stayed away from this film entirely until this trailer. Now I'm pumped it was awesome

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome Cap is around the corner then we get this for desert, loving every bit of it.

Cliph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Oh man... What about the Annihilation storyline ? And where's my Amy Pond ???

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By cameron83

@perfect_10: Actually, I completely disagree. Even considering Rocket, Groot,etc the Gotg are not some sort of campy tag along team.

For example, just look at their older series.

And there's nothing wrong with comedy,and I can't say what the main focus of this film is going to be based on this trailer,but it does have some cool parts to it. There can be an "innate silliness" to all characters,not just comic book ones,correct?

I mean,it doesn't need to be dark and stoic, but I hope it's just more than a corny mockery the entire time.

I have hopes for this movie, though

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@perfect_10: That doesn't make sense, are you saying you don't want characters close to the source material but instead closer to how YOU would prefer them?

@cliph said:

Oh man... What about the Annihilation storyline ? And where's my Amy Pond ???

She's in the trailer

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: you are speaking as a fan, and even though i am a fan i was speaking for those who are not fans of the book. somethings you got to put your fan love aside and look at things objectively which is what i did. guardians is a tough sale plain and simple talk to some none comic reading people who have seen this trailer

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#163  Edited By EdBlank

Serious movie about a talking Raccoon IN a talking Tree... You guys are hilarious. This HAS to be campy for it to be taken seriously (I know that's hard to grasp).

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: didnt say that at all so dont know what you are talking about. i never said anything about changing characters from the comic to the movie even though that is what marvel has done so take that up with them not me

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: you are speaking as a fan, and even though i am a fan i was speaking for those who are not fans of the book. somethings you got to put your fan love aside and look at things objectively which is what i did. guardians is a tough sale plain and simple talk to some none comic reading people who have seen this trailer

The Youtube comments seem to be more positive about this film than the ones on here

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 rogueshadow  Moderator

@allstarsuperman: I reeaaally liked this. I think it's looking good, I see people complaining about humour, but honestly, there's a talking raccoon, I'm not going into this expecting Nolan level grit.

In terms of excitement for this years films it's:

Captain America:TWS = X-men: DOFP>>GOTG>>> TASM2

I'm not a big fan of them, so I'm not super excited, but based solely on the material being released I'm pumped for this movie.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, after reading through these comments kind of makes me not want to visit comic vine. Some seriously negative people out there almost to the point of trolling. GotG isn't even something that should have been made from a company stand point and here's a trailer for it you guys need to lighten up.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Jenkale
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous: didnt say that at all so dont know what you are talking about. i never said anything about changing characters from the comic to the movie even though that is what marvel has done so take that up with them not me

No they haven't, GotG have always had that weird quirky humor, I mean the DnA run had a running video commentary throughout the whole series for god sake.

No Caption Provided

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA that was a huge letdown

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#171  Edited By danhimself

I'm excited as heck for this movie!!

Chris Pratt really beefed up!

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#172  Edited By MannEffest

When I first watched it, I admit I was like "WTF?! What is this?" However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that the GotG's humor is just like this! They cannot take themselves seriously for too long, I mean they have a talking raccoon on their team for pete's sake. The lightheartedness of Avengers made me love that movie, I feel they are trying to duplicate that in the best way possible!

So all those who wanted a dark and brooding team, watch one of the Nolan movies or wait for Justice League. Marvel, like their comics, are going towards classic comic book lightheartedness! I don't know about all you guys but...

No Caption Provided
Lazz33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Lazz33

I'm pretty amped for this movie. The comedy seems in line with the current series.

Thing that makes me laugh though is that The same people who rip a comic movie for adding campy humor and making it more market and kid friendly are the same people who praise a comic movie for adding dark and gritty one tone characters who kill probably when they shouldn't.

Either way I am pretty excited for this and it will be a good bookend to the marvel summer that starts with Cap.

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

#174  Edited By SlamAdams

@mrmazz said:

@bigl: Besides that makes the false dichotomy that Comedy dosen't equal serious when you have films like Catch 22, Robocop, and the like that are made all the more serious by their black comedy and satire. Not that Guaridans is in any way a satire. But "serious" comes from taking the characters and their issues and world seriously. Not acting dour and "stoic" all the time.

Bingo!

Also I think it is definitely satirical. Not toward society at large a la Robocop, but definitely toward superhero tropes. I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of the movie, to send up the superhero genre (as well as James Gunn's strength as a storyteller) I get the sense through Quill's use of a superhero name for himself and his team which no one really respects, remembers, or cares about.

Nightwing128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Nightwing128

James Gunn the director said this was going to be a space comedy so to those who are wondering why it looks to be funny, deal with it ^^. I'm definitely excited for this!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmazz said:

@bigl: Besides that makes the false dichotomy that Comedy dosen't equal serious when you have films like Catch 22, Robocop, and the like that are made all the more serious by their black comedy and satire. Not that Guaridans is in any way a satire. But "serious" comes from taking the characters and their issues and world seriously. Not acting dour and "stoic" all the time.

Bingo!

Also I think it is definitely satirical. Not toward society at large a la Robocop, but definitely toward superhero tropes. I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of the movie, to send up the superhero genre (as well as James Gunn's strength as a storyteller) I get the sense through Quill's use of a superhero name for himself and his team which no one really respects, remembers, or cares about.

Well that's not really unique to this film, that's how the GotG are/were in the comics.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The trailer was cool, but why did they choose that song??

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#179  Edited By iceslick

@the_average_bear: Because it's so awesome! BOOKA-BOOKA-BOOKA, SHAKA! Lol

Like Joker says, "why so serious?" come on guys let not find something to hate on. We gotta live a little and have a laugh.

KingStandup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is NOT what I was expecting. But I'm NOT disappointed at all! Although, it might have been too much comedy for some (or most for that matter) I enjoyed it. I suspect Marvel will release another trailer shortly from a more serious angle (at least I hope so anyway.)

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVED this Trailer lol

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By SlamAdams

@slamadams said:

@mrmazz said:

Bingo!

Well that's not really unique to this film, that's how the GotG are/were in the comics.

I dont really recall that being the case in the Abnett/Lanning series. They seemed like a regular superhero adventure group.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By MarcosVergara14

As a DC fan i must say this looks like meh... Now as a normal person saying the truth this looks FU&%$@G ASWOME HUGA CHAKA!!!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@teerack said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

@teerack said:

Well this is for all the haters

No Caption Provided

That gif was funnier than the joke that followed in the trailer....

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figured from the start that this would be closer to a comedy, just to set it apart from the other movies. But I still feel a little underwhelmed by this trailer. Maybe it's because its purpose is more to introduce the characters and all the good stuff will be in the second trailer. They also clearly haven't gotten Cooper or Diesel into the recording studio yet. Obviously I'm still onboard, but I think they might still have an upward hill to climb.

thetitan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxyzptlk_cv: did we see the same trailer? the winter solider had one joke at the beginning then it went deathly serious.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@slamadams said:

@mrmazz said:

Bingo!

I dont really recall that being the case in the Abnett/Lanning series. They seemed like a regular superhero adventure group.

Did you read the Annihilation issues when the group was formed? Star Lord was a laughing stock who the Kree forced to form a group out of prisoners

sonova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was on the fence. Saw this trailer. Suddenly so very psyched. This says it all:

No Caption Provided

Agreed, and that' WITHOUT imagining Bradley Coopers voice coming out.

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slamadams said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@slamadams said:

@mrmazz said:

Bingo!

Did you read the Annihilation issues when the group was formed? Star Lord was a laughing stock who the Kree forced to form a group out of prisoners

I did, but I don't remember it being used as satire, I remember as just a bullied underdog.

space4rentt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks like it'll be a really fun movie. Feels almost like a Firefly vibe to me. I've gotta go back and check out the comics.

cdeoleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By cdeoleo

Just read the first trade, it was very good. I am glad the movie is funny but the trailer could have used a little more action in order to entice a larger public. Still super excited.

zodac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm happy Chris Pratt is just being Andy, I can't view him as any other character anyway...

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

besides drax looking awesome, that looked like complete and total crap. so effin disappointed. I was going to give these guys a chance then we get an aweful trailer.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By kidchipotle

@allstarsuperman: I completely agree with you that it has the potential to be the greatest Marvel movie. If they do this right, it will surpass Iron Man 1 and Avengers.

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as it's based on DnA's run, I really hope they don't use that really stupid 'BLAM! Murdered you!' quote from Bendis' quite bad run. Apart from that, I'm really looking forward to it.

Mandrewgora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Mandrewgora

Looks Dope.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xwraith said:
@patrat18 said:

@gregalicious said:

I never too much cared for the Guardians but this movie looks pretty good. People need to get over this supposed "comedic tone". I lighthearted trailer means nothing since previews are always somewhat misleading. Who's to say these comedic scenes will even be in the actual film? Besides,

This tone is a far cry from the tone of the ridiculous Fantastic Four films.

If you've seen any of the marvel films since Ironman 1, than you know that all of their films have a comedic tone to them. This is no different.

Captain America didn't.

Yea it did, not as much as the other films, but it did.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'm sorry if this falls into the 'hater' group as it's not meant to but...I'm not wholly impressed with this trailer. Yeah it looks like it'll be a laugh and it's certainly an ambitious project to be sure and the trailer did justify that. But I'm not totally into the film like I have been with The Winter Soldier trailers. Maybe it's because I'm not used to GOTG type humour or that I'm not a GOTG fan but the trailer didn't do it for me really. I wasn't drawn into the characters nor the story nor hyped for the final product. Still, trailers are meaningless at the end of the day so I'll wait for more footage before truly judging this film.

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think it goes along with their game plan. They are trying to make it appealing to the general audience rather than just the comic fan base. What better way to draw in people that know nothing about the source material than give them something to laugh at and looks packed with action. I'm sure they will give us a better trailer in another month or so. Fingers crossed though.