Posted by G-Man (34033 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. With Guardians of the Galaxy ready to hit theaters next month, there is a lot of Guardians merchandise. The good news is a lot of it is really cool. This week we're looking at the Funko POP! Vinyl figures of the entire team.

You hopefully noticed the video at the top of the page. We decided to do a video unboxing to allow a better look at the packaging and figures. If you've seen the Funko POP! figures, you have a good idea what to expect. These figures are kind of addicting. Because of their cuteness and size, it's tempting to want to buy all the figures you see. These are also bobbleheads, in case you were unaware.

The package for these figures makes it easy to display, if you want to keep them inside. Of course, as you've seen in the video, it's real easy to take them out and put them back in, if you wanted. You should have also seen in the video that there is also a non-masked version of Star-Lord available.

Speaking of Star-Lord, let's start with him.

Star-Lord, or Peter Quill, comes with his mask (in this version), red jacket and twin guns. One of the appealing things is how simple they look yet they do have a bit of detail.

Next, let's take a look at Gamora, the deadliest woman POP! vinyl in the universe.

Gamora has a sword and you can see she's taking on her movie counterpart's appearance. She even has the purple highlights in her hair.

Next we have Drax the Destroyer. It's his mission in life to end Thanos. You can see, he is also based on the movie version of the character.

Next we have Rocket Raccoon.

He is a little smaller than the others, as you would expect. He's holding a gun, has a tail sticking out (of course), and is wearing his orange jumpsuit, as in the movie. He's also really darn cute.

Finally we have Groot.

Groot is something of royalty where he comes from. He's pretty powerful and his POP! vinyl figure might be even cuter than Rocket.

There you have it. The Guardians of the Galaxy in POP! Vinyl version. The question is, will you just buy one or two or will you find yourself buying the complete team?

Let us know what you think of these figures. We'll have another item spotlighted next time.

Staff
#1 Edited by BOLANVELL (3 posts) - - Show Bio

like em they got good sculpting but not really feeling gamora

#2 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7751 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocky and Groot look great.

#3 Posted by G_leno (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

All but Gamora look great.

#4 Posted by scouts1998 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

I am Groot!

#5 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8563 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Groot.

#6 Edited by nappystr8 (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I ever realized that the Funko figures were bobble heads. I'm not a Groot fan, but his figure is definitely the standout. He looks great.

#7 Edited by sagejonathan (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the non-bobble heads from Funko but I might pick up the Star Lord one.

#8 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8563 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I ever realized that the Funko figures were bobble heads. I'm not a Groot fan, but his figure is definitely the standout. He looks great.

Most of them aren't.

#9 Edited by zodac (36 posts) - - Show Bio

They usually aren't. They usually have movable heads and arms. Not really into bobble heads, but these look really awesome, might just have to get the set. The maskless Starlord seems to be an Amazon exclusive which is currently sold out.

#10 Posted by SpitfirePanda (867 posts) - - Show Bio

Those look awesome and very well made. I've never bought a Funko POP! figure before, though. Groot is definitely my favorite, with Drax a close second. The detail of his tattoos is really eye catching.

#11 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

Gimme dat Groot.......

#12 Posted by k4tzm4n (43910 posts) - - Show Bio

Groot is so adorable.

Staff Online
#13 Posted by WheatStalker (141 posts) - - Show Bio

Never knew how detailed those figures can be ... I see them all the time at the shop. Now I'm gonna have to get a few ... or all of 'em. :)

#14 Posted by deadpool25mm (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I never understood how people buy these stuff.. but damn they look Awesome ! ( Starlord, Rocket, Groot!)

#15 Posted by Paste_Pot_Pete (106 posts) - - Show Bio

These look great, but I wish Rocket Racoon's gun was bigger.

#16 Posted by Farkam (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

Groot is so kawaii

#17 Posted by HumanRocket (8140 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Xwraith (18125 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rocket one is my favorite, but I'll probably get the Star-Lord one too.

#20 Posted by Ostyo (7868 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: @humanrocket: I NEED THEM ALL! *Fangasm*

Sad that the toy Gamora looks better then the movie counterpart...

#21 Posted by Xwraith (18125 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo: I'm not sure if I'll get all of them (I only have two of these so far - Michelangelo and Peter Venkman).

But I did finally get that organ out of my room, and I'm thinking about putting a new shelf where that was.

#22 Posted by Ostyo (7868 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: You gotta get Groot and Rocket at least. They're adorable.

#23 Posted by Xwraith (18125 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo: I'll be putting Rocket next to one of the other ones I plan on getting - Rigby.

#24 Posted by Ostyo (7868 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: wait, that regular show coon?

#25 Posted by Xwraith (18125 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo: Yes, him. They made vinyl figurines of most of the main cast.

#26 Edited by Ostyo (7868 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: Yet, they haven't made ones for the new TMNT show...

#27 Posted by Xwraith (18125 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo: With the way they make these, you probably couldn't tell the difference.

#28 Posted by Ostyo (7868 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: Psh, don't give me that lame excuse! *smack*

#29 Edited by HumanRocket (8140 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

@xwraith: @humanrocket: I NEED THEM ALL! *Fangasm*

Sad that the toy Gamora looks better then the movie counterpart...

Lol true.

One of my friends got a sneak preview of the film over the weekend at Disneyland and said it was amazing, up there with the Avengers film. Can't wait.

#30 Posted by Ostyo (7868 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket: Excellent, I want this film to be great not just because I'm a fan of the characters, but also because Marvel needs it to be successful.

#31 Posted by HumanRocket (8140 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo: Agreed. I've tired of people saying it's not going to be great. I want this film to be discussed as being even better than the Avengers.

#32 Posted by Mangakid1995 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Groot.

#33 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

Groot is too cute.

#34 Posted by Ms-Lola (2735 posts) - - Show Bio

Could the placement of these figures around a playground be any cuter? Great idea, especially Groot's particular background.

I am getting Groot, maybe Star-Lord.

#35 Posted by RobotMonster (415 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by dagmar_merrill (8563 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by RobotMonster (415 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by mickeyangel (49 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the non bobble head toys from funko. So done at a trade show,told me it was licensing thing. That's why all,the Star Wars pops are bobble heads. Still Groot looks cool. Another cool line up from Funko is the original Planet of the Apes characters as part of POPs movie line.

#40 Edited by MK5 (78 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like bobble heads either. Nice details though. Groot and Star-Lord's are my favorite.

#41 Posted by Xwraith (18125 posts) - - Show Bio

I just got the Rocket Raccoon one today. Somehow I missed that it was a bobblehead until I opened the box.