#51  Edited By Spideysense44
No Caption Provided

Kurosame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

What? O_o Only 4 stars? This movie is so awesome! It earns at least 5 stars! I think it's even better than The Avengers.

I saw it a week ago at the Europe premiere and I am more hyped than before. XD
I can't wait to see it again. Unfortunately the official start in Europe is 28 August. (Now it retaliates that we got the last Marvel movies earlier than the US ^^'). But I am so glad that I had the chance to watch it last week.

Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend this movie. Go and tell all your friends how awesome it is!

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This is the Star Wars movie we've been waiting 30 years for.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

This is the Star Wars movie we've been waiting 30 years for.

No, that comes out next year. :P

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Howard the Duck. Howard the freaking Duck! Marvel, you've made me love you again!

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Hey, if the actual Star Wars movie coming out next year is half as entertaining as this, then I'll be ecstatic, but until then, I'm going to pretend that this was a crazy Outer Rim Star Wars movie, as well as a Marvel movie.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This movie was great. I really felt negative about the casting of Batista and Bradley Cooper, but they both really did a fantastic job. Batista was a pleasant surprise as Drax and Bradley Cooper slays his role constantly. The rest of the cast is actually all well done, except for Ronan. He felt too similar to Malekith (but definitely not as bad) in my opinion, and they gloss over his motives too.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

This movie was great. I really felt negative about the casting of Batista and Bradley Cooper, but they both really did a fantastic job. Batista was a pleasant surprise as Drax and Bradley Cooper slays his role constantly. The rest of the cast is actually all well done, except for Ronan. He felt too similar to Malekith (but definitely not as bad) in my opinion, and they gloss over his motives too.

What were his motives again? I literally saw the movie a few hours ago and have already forgotten... >_>

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MegaHGFan

If this isn't worthy of a 5 out of 5 then I don't know what is. This is easily the best team based comic book movie ever made, and the best movie set in space since 1982's Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. The Avengers was great, but this is even better. I'm still ecstatic from seeing it.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#60  Edited By Fallschirmjager

My review. 3/5. It was all right.

Cliff notes: action packed, same style comedy, weak story, weak villain. Not bad, not all that great either.

Some of these comments are mind-blowing. Better than Avengers? The next Star Wars? You guys are joking.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

This is getting exceptionally good reviews.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By nappystr8

Oh man, I loved this movie. Although it is in my opinion inferior to something like the Avengers, I enjoyed it more than that or any other Marvel Studios movie, except for maybe the first Captain America. I agree with the 4 star rating, the world in which existed was not fully realized, it was a lot of people who just looked like humans in space or humans wearing makeup. And the overly coloqualized characters were a bit distracting. I cared about the main cast, but not much for anyone else. But still so much fun. I give Rocket Raccoon a 5 though.

And although the stinger was basically meaningless to the greater Marvel Studios cannon, I would love if it is actually a teaser for things to come but I doubt it, it was still an excellent nod to fans, unlike the really poor stinger to Iron Man 3 that only existed for a really cheap mainstream laugh.

mcbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw it and I think it's my favorite marvel movie I've ever seen. Definitely want to see it again.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#64 JediXMan  Moderator

This might just be my second favorite MCU movie so far, the first being Winter Soldier. This was really good.

Stewart77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Stewart77

@spideysense44: Yeah, a cocoon foreshadowing Warlock would be sweet. But I don't see them heading in a literal Infinity Gauntlet movie; it'll be Thanos Vs. Avengers and Guardians... I don't expect Warlock or Surfer (but I'd love to be surprised).

BTW, the movie was fantastic (apart from the end credits scene).

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Never met a green-skinned female character I didn't love. :)

where do you live man? I AM MOVING RIGHT NOW! NOW!....... NOW!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#67  Edited By SaintWildcard

The trailers mainly focused on comedy so I'm not surprised it's not great. There were very few clips of the villain and the monologue given in the trailer was the generic stop the bad guy. Probably won't go see it unless there is nothing else..... Expendables 3 here I come

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw it about 4 hours ago (earliest showing possible). Loved every second of it. Great acting, action, characters, and tons of humor. Marvel has done it again. Also, the post credits scene was hilarious and shocking.

Was the there 2 end credits scenes or just the Howard the Duck scene???

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

@g_man said:

When the first clips were released for Guardians of the Galaxy, many feared this would be too much of a comedy to fit in with the other Marvel Studios films. There is a healthy dose of humor but what else would you expect from a movie with a talking raccoon and tree-like creature? This is the sort of movie you go to when you're looking for a good time. The pacing might be off and some of the characters might not feel right, but it's a great start to a new franchise for Marvel. It's no wonder they've already announced a sequel and animated series. There is a lot of potential with the Guardians. We have another area of the Cinematic Universe to explore and that means we'll get more movies that don't feel redundant to similar to the Avengers-related movies. This is a movie I will definitely see more than once in theaters.

Just saw it. This paragraph sums it up perfectly.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#71  Edited By Spideysense44

Guardians of the Galaxy is a film with great tongue-in-cheek comedy, visuals out of this world, brilliant character devlopment, but lacks in the villain department. This movie is fast paced and exciting, so the lack in a villain didnt really affect my overall enjoyment of the film. Its Star Wars meets Star Trek and Space Balls, with a little hint of Indiana Jones. This film has officially made Guardians of the Galaxy a mainstream team. 4.2/5 stars

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jedixman said:

This might just be my second favorite MCU movie so far, the first being Winter Soldier. This was really good.

No, it was great.

The trailers mainly focused on comedy so I'm not surprised it's not great. There were very few clips of the villain and the monologue given in the trailer was the generic stop the bad guy. Probably won't go see it unless there is nothing else..... Expendables 3 here I come

Who said it wasn't great?

Also, Expendables 3? Eww.

*flicks nose*

Stop having bad taste!

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see the comparisons of Ronan to Malekith. You could take every Mal scene out of Thor 2 and it would change nothing, but Ronan was perfectly fine. I think the problem is just that Loki has spoiled everyone. "Stoic" does not equal "boring," and Ronan was intimidating as hell. Who else has the SpaceBalls to threaten Thanos?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't see the comparisons of Ronan to Malekith. You could take every Mal scene out of Thor 2 and it would change nothing, but Ronan was perfectly fine. I think the problem is just that Loki has spoiled everyone. "Stoic" does not equal "boring," and Ronan was intimidating as hell. Who else has the SpaceBalls to threaten Thanos?

Exactly my thoughts. And not just to threaten him, but also to double-cross, betray, and practically steal from him.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand how Man of Steel deserves 5 stars, but this movie gets 4.

This movie was awesome. Unfair to compare it to WS since they are completely different, but still great in its own genre. Ronan was fine, but the core of the movie wasn't his connection to the Guardians.

The movie is really about the heroes and their connection with eachother. We don't need to care about Ronan because he is just an obstacle; a pawn.

This movie deserved 5 stars.

Avatar image for unkillable_deadpool1
Unkillable_Deadpool1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion,it deserves a 5/5 but everyone has their opinions

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By The_Scourge

Saw it twice in 1 day and loved it! I think it deserves a solid 4.5/5 and is the best Marvel film besides Winter Soldier and Avengers.

@war_killerWhat I understood was that he wanted revenge on Xandar for being at war with the Kree empire for such a long time. So long that his grandfather and father died at war and he is still pissed at them and doesn't agree with the Kree-Xandar peace treaty. I could be wrong though but that's what I got from it all.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly, Gamora's portrayal felt a little weak. In the comics, she's the deadliest women in the universe. While she is tough as hell in this movie, she's far from the force of nature we've seen in the comics. Hopefully this is something we'll get to see more of in future appearances.

I feared this when I first saw the trailer. So no cosmo?

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

4/5 seems to be the right score to give, the movie is great, probably one of the best Marvel movies yet.

Pro's:

• It's funny, more than any of the Iron Man movies because Quill is less of a douchebag than Stark is. Add to this you have two stoics (more Drax, less Gamora), a jerk (Rocket) and a tree.
  • Spectacular visuals, ok it only really has Thors Asgard scenes to run against, all the alien worlds looks really good.
  • Tons upon tons of references for us comic fans to nod approvingly at in recognition.
  • Soundtrack... who would have thought such a collection of random old music would fit so well into a movie like this.

Con's:

• Villain: Ronan maybe a nice fit to face the GotG, a boombastic powercrazed religious zealot against a team of fools. But he is a side-story, much like Malekith in Dark World and Loki in Avengers.
  • All the references I mentioned before... well most of them are going to go over the heads of people who have little to no knowledge of Marvel's cosmic section; they don't know who Thanos is or why you should be scared of him, they don't know who/what the Collector is other than a wealthy eccentric, no different from Ron Pearlmans character in Pacific Rim.
  • Story/plot... well it is fairly weak, because it's nearly the same as the Avengers which wasn't strong either: powerful trinket is found, team squabbles as it comes together, powerful trinket ends up in the hands of the bad guys, team-speech getting all the good guys to point in the right direction, team forms and win.

The movie doesn't break any new ground other than it being a gamble for Marvel to even do it with such an obscure team, but it does its thing very well and it's a really fun ride to be on.

Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This a really, really fun ride. And Batista was a revelation. He nailed the role of Drax perfectly.

Winter Soldier is still the gold standard of Marvel movies, but Guardians isn't far off.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

How is this only 4 star? There was nothing wrong with this movie it was amazing.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#84 k4tzm4n  Moderator

This movie was awesome. Unfair to compare it to WS since they are completely different, but still great in its own genre. Ronan was fine, but the core of the movie wasn't his connection to the Guardians.

The movie is really about the heroes and their connection with eachother. We don't need to care about Ronan because he is just an obstacle; a pawn.

Answer: people have different opinions. ;)

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

Such a cool flick. Definitley tops the Marvel list. Between it and Winter Soldier I have a hard time choosing a number 1, which I guess also means 2014 is a banner year for Marvel

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By MAZAHS117

Going tonight! Can't wait! XD

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So other then the howard the duck scene is there any other post or after credit scenes

RobotMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

While I wish "Bam! Murdered you!" was poised to become as household as "I am Groot," the movie was excellent in so many ways I cannot elaborate upon without hinting at spoilers.

PatMcgroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw it last night. It was great.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@jaken7 said:

@saint_wildcard said:

Who said it wasn't great?

Also, Expendables 3? Eww.

*flicks nose*

Stop having bad taste!

Only one of those movies has a man who was voted sexiest man and a great actor/director as a villain. I'll give you hint, it's not GotG

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Unless there's some new crisis between today and tomorrow, I'm going to see this movie. With my luck, the apocalypse will hit early tomorrow morning.

dauntes_patron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually never care what anyone rates anything on this site, but in this case I really disagree with the 4 stars from G-man. I thought this movie was perfect and really pushed the envelope when it comes to introducing a whole new world the regular moviegoers have not seen from Marvel. And especially introducing characters that 10 years ago you would never imagine would be on screen. BTW I think Ronan was portrayed perfectly.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think "fun movie" sums it up pretty well. Overall, the movie was just below Cap 2 and Avengers. But I do have issues with it, probably more than most because the cosmic Marvel characters are my favorites. Rocket and Groot were great. Drax was ok/good. Quill was better. Biggest dissappointment for me was Gamora. There were a few times she comes off as a weak, whiny, sympathetic woman - and that is NOT Gamora.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't take anything you say seriously after bringing up Expendables 3. You can't get more generic than that geriatric cast. Because you don't think its great doesn't mean the majority of others who watched it agree with you. Not too mention you haven't even seen it yet so your opinion is invalid.

JV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I know I might be shortsighted, but I am having real issues getting past the talking raccoon in the commercials, I have been turned off by that. To me he ,seems annoying. Just my opinion, hope all enjoy.....

wannabrdj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By righteous300

A different person reviewed MoS. So you have different opinions.

KouNurasaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will be an interesting excursion for me, since I have no prior connection to these characters. Since most of the criticisms seem to be leveled at the characterization of Ronan and Gamora, along with the pacing of how the group of 5 misfits become the "Guardians of the Galaxy", I will get to watch this movie from the perspective of an avid fan of comics, yet one without any preconceived notions of exactly who these characters are.

I get to be a non-biased fanboy for once!

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Rubear

Ronan is big fail with failhammer. From severe warrior he become hysterical operetta villian.
And scene with Peter mother... actually i would prefere her killed by some badoons. That was grim.