Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Which Green Lantern has the best constructs? (54 votes)

Hal Jordan 11%
Guy Gardner 4%
John Stewart 26%
Kyle Rayner 59%

Out of the human GLs in the corps who ringslings the best constructs in the universe? (I haven't included Baz as there's not enough to go on with him yet. And no Alan Scott because he's not part of the Corps)

I guess I could add some pics for each of them but I'm feeling lazy.

#1 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll start.

I'm going to say John because he's an architect and his constructs are built so solid and resilient. They're strong from the inside out, imagined by one with the physical knowledge of how to design sturdy structures. His technical style and approach in wielding his ring is really representative of this architectural perspective of his.

#2 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

John former Marine and architect man he's got this

#3 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

For personal preference, I think Kyle's are the best. They're inventive and cool - Morrison's JLA run had a lot of awesome Kyle constructs. A giant mech armor, the giant head of a corporate executive sucking the ocean up with a giant straw (great metaphor there), him escaping a forcefield by creating a construct of a pretty hotel attendant opening a door. Hilarious.

#4 Edited by Teerack (5739 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle Rayner by a a landslide

#5 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio

between Kyle and John for reasons stated above. Hal didn't get decent constructs until the New 52.

#6 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to go witcha boy hal. Old school style man. Simple, but gets the job done!

#7 Edited by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Yes! Kyle in Morrison's JLA was beast! I like how he was the rookie. He took his position with the JL so seriously, even to the point of questioning his own worth on the team. Gotta love Kyle!

Kyle in Morrison's JLA is probably my favorite JL lantern. He was just the ultimate team player.

#8 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: nice slides! It would be hard to disagree that Kyle is definitely one of (if not) the most imaginative of the GLs.

#9 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

@veshark: Yes! Kyle in Morrison's JLA was beast! I like how he was the rookie. He took his position with the JL so seriously, even to the point of questioning his own worth on the team. Gotta love Kyle!

Kyle in Morrison's JLA is probably my favorite JL lantern. He was just the ultimate team player.

Agreed. One of my favorite Kyle moments was in the final arc - WWIII - where he finally overcomes his struggle with the ring. As he steps out, Wally commented, "Wow, I can't believe I'm saying this, but you really look like Green Lantern now." Kyle responds with, "Yeah, starting to feel like him too."

#10 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy. His constructs can be practical, comedic, and they're as energetic as his personality.

So did mine, Guy, so did mine.

#11 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily Kyle Rayner. He is definitely the most imaginative of the GLs, largely due to his artistic background. The various writers and artists that have told his stories and come up with his constructs over the years have definitely done well to display that.

I'd say John Stewart has the second best constructs due to his background in architecture (in the comics... not the Justice League cartoons where the majority of the time he used his ring like a laser rifle...).

Hal's are definitely the most boring because he usually just uses hands or airplanes...

#12 Edited by drgnx (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Kyle has been pushed as the imagination Langern more than willpower, his ascension to white Lantern also seems to support that as all lanterns need imagination to make constructs but do not draw on (green lantern) willpower to do so.

#13 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio

@twentyfive said:

Have to go witcha boy hal. Old school style man. Simple, but gets the job done!

wow, someone else actually likes Hal's, thats actually pretty cool. i always liked the whole streamlined precision bit. Kudos man!!!

but to be fair, even Hal could pull out something cool every once and a while

Black Knight Armor
The Hal Corps
Ridin' Dirty
Brothers In Arms

#14 Edited by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

All of them have had some pretty remarkable showings, but I tend to favor Kyle's since he's my favorite GL.

#15 Posted by sinestro_GL (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

Big fan of the Supergirl construct from Guy in Sinestro Corps War #1

#16 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle

as in "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!"

#17 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

I tend to have favourite particular constructs.

• Boxing glove
  • baseball bat
  • giant boot
  • steel chair (saw it on animated GL show, not sure if it's normally done in the comics)
  • comically oversized tools
  • That motorbike's pretty cool
#18 Edited by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

Most definitely Kyle, he's the most creative with his constructs out of the bunch :)

#19 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis: You think you can put up some John scans? Everyone else has scans up here.

#20 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

Insulting Superboy Prime has never been so funny.

#22 Posted by CaptainLantern76 (551 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal is my favorite, but John's constructs are a lot better...

#23 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@sinestro_gl said:

Guy's awfully good at that. something tells me he's been "studying* Kara's anatomy

Hal is my favorite, but John's constructs are a lot better...

i definitely agree about this with the pre- new 52 version. i kinda like his new 52 constructs though.

#24 Posted by CaptainLantern76 (551 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@sinestro_gl said:

That is one awesome pic...

#25 Posted by SOG7dc (6959 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#26 Posted by Bezza (3455 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

@sinestro_gl said:

That is one awesome pic...

Funny ! - and brave!