What's Going on for Green Lantern Post-Convergence

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

The only titles staying are Green Lantern and Sinestro I believe. What does everyone think is going on? What titles are going to be added or should be added?

mp13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well, if they are going to make new green lantern titles, I hope they reboot both green lantern corps and green lantern new guardians, back into what they were at the beginning of the new 52, where we see Guy Gardner (as a green lantern again) and John Stewart teaming up with other green lanterns to protect others, as actual space cops, and where we see Kyle Rayner joined with Saint Walker, Carol Ferris, Arkillo (instead of being Sinestro's escape goat) and the other "new guardians" from the beginning of the original series to solve mysteries on earth and other disasters, basically doing exactly what they were doing before, because it was completely awesome! Instead of rebooting Red Lanterns, it would be enjoyable to read a series about Simon Baz, a character who has had no development in the last year. As a recruit, learning the ways of the green lantern corps, while living in Coast City, going more in depth into the city of green lantern, instead of Detroit, new readers can finally have a jumping-on point with a new character and a city that, for some reason, has never really been developed or highlighted. Another idea I hope they would do is to involve green lantern characters into different team series' most likely Red Hood and the Outlaws(Kyle Rayner or Simon Baz), Justice League (Hal Jordan or John Stewart, instead of Jessica Cruz) or Justice league united (Simon Baz or Guy Gardner) (which is weirdly the only 3 team comics at dc comics I can think of that isn't exclusive to teens, magic users and Batman/Superman/Aquaman/Wonder Woman family members), making green lanterns and other lanterns more involved with the dc universe and more popular by being in more popular comics, instead of being distant from everyone else.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By JakeN7

My pipe dream: Simon Baz and the Blue Lanterns.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Don't know why they're cancelling New Guardians. If they do end up booting something up after Convergence would love to see a book with Rayner, Saint Walker, Ferris and others lanterns teaming up.

AAAAAq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Lantern : Lost Army was announced few days ago. It's a very special title which seem to be very drama. I think this serie is going to be a simple spin-off of the Green Lantern serie for few months because, in the March sollicitations, the Green Lantern #40's synopsis announced big change of statu quo and this "Lost Army" seems to be the GL Corps because Hal Jordan might betrayal the Corps soon (on the cover of GL #40, he has the green energy on his back and the power gauntlet of Krona). So, for me, it makes sense that the Lost Army is the Green Lantern Corps which lost his leader. But, on the other hand, Dan Didio said that Green Lantern : Lost Army is the relaunch of Green Lantern Corps.

Moreover, I think DC hasn't announced all the titles post-Convergence. We know that maybe some title like Green Arrow or Aquaman are going to be relaunch this summer. So, I hope new titles will be add to the catalogue of DC too. If it's not the case, I will miss Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner ! :(

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aaaaaq: Gail Simone confirmed that there's more titles on the way around post-convergence.