Why does nobody seem to realize how terrible ARROW is?

• 86 results
SwampPing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By SwampPing

Ok let me just start by saying the Green Arrow comics (Lemire/Sorrentino) are stellar right now and I started watching the television show hoping to love it. I didn't and that's fine, shows suck and thats normal. But how is it that with its cardboard acting and lack of overall superheroics (seriously like 60% is rich person dating drama) Arrow never seems to get any negative light. I mean they just cast a f%&#ing glee actor as the Flash! ****ing GLEE! Internet attack! I'm baffled that no one else recognizes this shows lack of quality and it's sad because its given DC the go ahead to ruin other characters by putting them onto soap opera's (WW and Hourman are next)

Does anyone else hate this show?

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By mikex20

The Gossip Girl Archer does not impress me.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

^^ haha

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Most of the first season was defiantly slow, and well... Terrible, but I stuck in there and it really picks up by the end of season 1, and season 2 has been great so far

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not really like it at all...it just seems like a typical CW drama or something combined with Green Arrow.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's a good series, not great...but worth watching every week. I would say that it's at least a 7/10 overall with the worst being around 5/10 and the best around 8.5/10. It doesn't blow me away at any time but it doesn't really ever make me wish for my hour back. The fact that it kinda has to conform to the CW style of drama is a bit of a setback though. It would be much better on FX.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 1 was great everything built up to a final conclusion. Unfortunately I have seen any season 2 yet. Got rid of my cable. =(

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@manchine: You could download the CW app and watch it? That is how I do it.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Oh great another guy telling people they are stupid for liking something they don't, so original.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Would've been great if the real Oliver Queen/Green Arrow and Dinah Lance/Black Canary show up. I don't see them anywhere!!

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PeppeyHare

It's alright.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it. Admittedly, it's Batman. But I like Batman. And while I agree that Oliver himself is a little... stoic... It fits his character as a traumatized, cold, survivor trying to act like the easy, immature playboy he was when he left. And when called upon to show some emotion, he's actually pretty good, as was seen recently when describing to his comrades why he doesn't talk about the Island.

Not to mention he's gradually becoming the Green Arrow we know. Just like Clark gradually became Superman in Smallville, the foundations of his character are there from the get go, but how the character is built FROM those foundations is the bit we're seeing. It's not the character we necessarily know or want to see because they're NOT that character yet.

And as for Glee Flash... I never watched Glee. Or much TV in general in the last... five or six years. This and Agents of SHIELD are the only shows I'm watching, and I tend to watch them on the internet. So I have no exposure to Glee or the actor in question, and as such no bias concerning his acting skills. Was he bad in Glee?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the show

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Fallschirmjager

All entertainment is subjective.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By M3th

I. It's all subjective $#!%.

II. Fanboys love wHat tHey love and you can't tell tHem any different. THey "blindly" love wHat tHey love.

III. Opinions man. It is annoying to genuinely like sometHing but Have someone else is "let you know" you are "wrong."

It is annoying to clearly see garbage but otHers want to "enligHten" you into "realizing" tHat it's "not THat BAD."

IV. 2 different people live in tHe same building. One lives up top, Has a beautiful view of tHe city. THat person can see tHe beacH, tHe clubs, tHe restaurants, and all the grandeur of tHis city.

However, tHe second person lives underneatH tHe building and enters tHrougH tHe back. THis person sees tHe daily violence and crimes. THis person sees the rats and tHe trasH of tHe city.

Person up top says "tHis is a gorgeous city." Person down low says, "tHis is a filtHy city."

WHo's rigHt? WHo's wrong? Correct answer, tHey are botH are rigHt. Because... "I. It's all subjective $#!%."

-ABstract4$$#073-

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

Maybe it doesn't have a bad reputation because it actually isn't that bad and there a few people like you who don't like the show at all.The show is definitely my favorite thing on TV but it entertains me and it definitely holds me interested for the 40 minutes it lasts.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine: You could download the CW app and watch it? That is how I do it.

If I owned a cell phone I could do that. =)

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#20  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
No Caption Provided

But in all seriousness, it all comes down to opinions. My dad and I have been watching the series since episode 1, we admit that it's not perfect and some episodes are better than others, but we still enjoy the show and love have characters how developed and grown since the start of the series.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fallschirmjager
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RisingBean

@manchine: No, um. computer or X-box should work. I watch mine on my X-box online.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't have Xbox - playstation...... =) I will find it on the puter. =)

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By flameboy298

Or how about the terrible actress playing Black Canary,and I agree OP Im starting to notice the acting in this show is definitely medicore

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Better than AOS

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

What does Flash's actor being on Glee have to do with the quality of the show? He hasn't even appeared yet so you can't judge his performance based on a (very minor) role he had in a completely different series.

More on the matter at hand, Arrow is definitely flawed. The first season, especially, showed that. The second season has impressed me so far. They're definitely working to improve a lot of what was wrong with the first season. Is it perfect? Not by a long shot. But it is most definitely something that I can look forward to every week."
On a side note, the acting can be pretty horrible. Sometimes it's decent enough. But the cast really needs to go to group acting lessons soon. The only one who can really hold her own is Felicity.

SwampPing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Thank you to those of you that shared your honest opinion and didn't just get defensive and bull&#@* about subjectivity.

Of course I recognize the subjectivity of entertainment, but that's not what I was asking :/, if you like the show fine, that's your right, I'm glad you can get enjoyment out of it, its just baffling that the internet explodes in fury over man of steel casting rumors but this show gets off scott free most of the time.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fallschirmjager

for the record, when you take a stance on something and find yourself in the minority, you should probably reevaluate your stance just to be sure.

its fine if you don't like it, when 9/10 people like something and you don't, you might be missing something.

everyone thinks they're the exception to the rule, when the reality is, they aren't.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Edited by mikex20 (1437 posts) - 4 days, 7 hours ago - Show Bio

The Gossip Girl Archer does not impress me.

Lol. ^This

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

It's not that bad

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok let me just start by saying the Green Arrow comics (Lemire/Sorrentino) are stellar right now and I started watching the television show hoping to love it. I didn't and that's fine, shows suck and thats normal. But how is it that with its cardboard acting and lack of overall superheroics (seriously like 60% is rich person dating drama) Arrow never seems to get any negative light. I mean they just cast a f%&#ing glee actor as the Flash! ****ing GLEE! Internet attack! I'm baffled that no one else recognizes this shows lack of quality and it's sad because its given DC the go ahead to ruin other characters by putting them onto soap opera's (WW and Hourman are next)

Does anyone else hate this show?

Seriously how does this have any bearing whatsoever on the quality of the show?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By w0nd

Thank you to those of you that shared your honest opinion and didn't just get defensive and bull&#@* about subjectivity.

Of course I recognize the subjectivity of entertainment, but that's not what I was asking :/, if you like the show fine, that's your right, I'm glad you can get enjoyment out of it, its just baffling that the internet explodes in fury over man of steel casting rumors but this show gets off scott free most of the time.

because man of steels popularity is light years beyond arrows. You don't see large discussion groups about Arrow because it has a selective fan base. It's a CW show, it would honestly take more energy then it's worth to complain about it in the manner you have but I am sure tons of people do.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KnightRise

HOW DARE PEOPLE LIKE SOMETHING I don't? ITS NOT WHAT I WANT SO IT sucks! MY OPINION IS THE CORRECT one! EVERYONE ELSE IS wrong! GLEE! GLEE!

That's what I mustered from the OP, verbatim, of course. Arrow isn't Emmy-award winning, but that doesn't mean we should all think its "terrible".

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eeks A batman fan.

(if its not batman then it sucks.)

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I realize it's mediocre. I watched 2 or 3 episodes in a row once and it wasn't terrible haha Especially compared to how many truly terrible shows there are.

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

#38  Edited By SlamAdams

@swampping: Really? One is an isolated TV show that is fun enough but can be skipped without missing much and the other side is casting rumors surrounding a film franchise that for all intents and purposes at the moment is serving as a stepping stone to a shared film universe. I don't feel weird or strange at all taking Arrow casting in stride while hoping and wanting the best for Man of steel

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked the first season but the secon season is missing something

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

Now if you've seen my blog, you know I wrote a blog post about Arrow not being Green Arrow.

However after seeing what is actually is happening with the show, its becoming more like The Dark Knight Trilogy fan fiction:

• It's realistic style in the style of Nolan but looks rather cheap about this.
  • The island flashbacks play linearly like both TDKT and Man of Steel.
  • Deathstroke basically plays Liam Neeson's role
  • Dinah Laurel Lance aka The Black Canary is playing the Rachel Dawes role unfortunately.
  • Diggle is a mix of Morgan Freeman's Lucius Fox and Michael Caine's Alfred.
  • The whole hostage situation on Christmas Eve plays exactly like Joker's various hostage scenarios in The Dark Knight particularly the one at the end.
  • The copycat archers is exactly like the beginning of The Dark Knight with Batman jumping in to one of his copycats.
  • Oliver is basically brooding which is odd because in the comics, he mocks Bruce about this.
  • The Earthquake/City wide destruction is basically Bane/League of Shadows/assassins in TDKR which in turns is based on two Batman comic story lines.
  • Count Vertigo is an exact copy of Cillan Murphy's Scarecrow particularly because he acts creepily which Murphy did so well but here its a bit dull.
  • He uses an funny voice.
  • The League of Assassins/Ra's Al Ghul mentioned which is odd.
  • Black Canary kills and almost echoes Nolan's Catwoman and Sin is basically Holly Robinson

Add anything else. But Green Arrow deserves to have his own voice not a simple copy of Nolan's Batman because Green Arrow has always been funnier, social-political and quick-witted. Basically he shouldn't be reverted back to being the 1950s knock-off he once was.

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jimmie_Hudson_

@deathpoolthet1000: so basically batman carries the dc franchise even when he isn't carrying the franchise?

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Its better than that agents of shield crap.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By MrMazz

@war_killer: excellent use of meme picture Imma steal that ish now plzthankyouby

@SwamPing your formaton of argument is poor and comes off as juvinile - yes the guy playing Flash was once on Glee, he's an actor he is paid to act.

also this constant use of soap opera as insult don't seem to understand the beginings of comircial drama or realize that superhero books are basicaly melodramas with superpowers

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that Arrow is awful, and I also dont get what people like about it. Very Soap Opera-y (like Smallville) and VERY cheesy/campy. It feels like it has more in common with Vampire Diaries and that sort of tween drama than its super hero roots. And I really, really wanted to like Arrow, especially since people compared it Nolan's Batman. I want more DC, and I really like Green Arrow, but I was sorely disappointed.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: You know when Lee and Kirby were reinventing the comic genre back in the 60s, one of the standard complaints was the dramatic "Soap Opera Like" elements they added in things like the Fantastic 4, X-Men and Hulk.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: You know when Lee and Kirby were reinventing the comic genre back in the 60s, one of the standard complaints was the dramatic "Soap Opera Like" elements they added in things like the Fantastic 4, X-Men and Hulk.

Thats cool. Doesnt really impact how I view this show, but great factoid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Because people like crappy action shows and/or just have bad taste.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its better than that agents of shield crap.

So if its better that crap it means us good?

No,it could still be crap, less crappy but still.

@deathpoolthet1000: so basically batman carries the dc franchise even when he isn't carrying the franchise?

He is Batman, thats what he does, he is going to star the next Superman movie.

Because Batman belive he is the only star of the show.

Besides they did this in Smallville, Green Arrow was pretty much Batman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@deathpoolthet1000:

League of Assassins were common enemy to Black Canary, Birds of Prey, both Green Arrows and Team Arrow.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hadn't watched any comic book tv show since Smallville. I just manage to watch one epi of arrow in season one.

We all have our opinions.