Jon_Anon's Green Arrow Thread

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@jonny_anonymous: Indeed I am. This is one of the few series I'm still enjoying from DC.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#102  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous: Indeed I am. This is one of the few series I'm still enjoying from DC.

Yea DC doesn't have a lot on the go these days but Green Arrow has been great. What did you think of the ending to the last issue?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

Yea DC doesn't have a lot on the go these days but Green Arrow has been great. What did you think of the ending to the last issue?

I wasn't surprised, Robert had to die sooner than later, DC can't keep parents alive. What about you?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I wasn't surprised, Robert had to die sooner than later, DC can't keep parents alive. What about you?

Ha yea I knew he wasn't going to last but I didn't think it would be that quick, I thought he might fake it again. Do you think he would have still sacrificed himself if Ollie had forgiven him?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I wish Robert stayed alive because it would have been interesting to see him in the DCnU. Since Ollie isn't capable of running Queen Industries, it could have been cool to see Robert running it and doing a little vigilante work along side of Ollie. As for Robert sacrificing himself...yeah, I do think so. But he would have done so for a different reason.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous: I wish Robert stayed alive because it would have been interesting to see him in the DCnU. Since Ollie isn't capable of running Queen Industries, it could have been cool to see Robert running it and doing a little vigilante work along side of Ollie. As for Robert sacrificing himself...yeah, I do think so. But he would have done so for a different reason.

Yea agreed, I would have really liked to have seen more of Robert, maybe we will get to see some flashback stories about what he was up to during his time away

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Maybe it wasn't Robert who died...maybe it was Magnus again and Robert is just waiting with an arrow to shoot as a back up!! *wishful thinking* Robert reminded me so much of Pre-52 Ollie, and I think they did that on purpose, so I favored him a lot...

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Maybe it wasn't Robert who died...maybe it was Magnus again and Robert is just waiting with an arrow to shoot as a back up!! *wishful thinking* Robert reminded me so much of Pre-52 Ollie, and I think they did that on purpose, so I favored him a lot...

Yea they did make him like pre-New 52 on purpose, Lemire said that in a few interviews. Magus and all the clans really have me interested, I hope we get to see more of their backgrounds.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By kidchipotle

@jonny_anonymous said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Yea they did make him like pre-New 52 on purpose, Lemire said that in a few interviews. Magus and all the clans really have me interested, I hope we get to see more of their backgrounds.

Ah okay, I didn't see those interviews. I agree, I hope we see more of the other clans. I actually think the entire idea is completely genius. I have a feeling that these clans are going to be a huge main stay in the Green Arrow world. Kind of a like a foothold in his mythology now. Though, I will say, the fact "The Outsiders" is going to be a Green Arrow thing instead of a Batman thing, is strange to me, but I don't completely object to it. What do you think of that?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Ah okay, I didn't see those interviews. I agree, I hope we see more of the other clans. I actually think the entire idea is completely genius. I have a feeling that these clans are going to be a huge main stay in the Green Arrow world. Kind of a like a foothold in his mythology now. Though, I will say, the fact "The Outsiders" is going to be a Green Arrow thing instead of a Batman thing, is strange to me, but I don't completely object to it. What do you think of that?

Yea I love the idea of all these clans based around a different totam and I hope the idea really does get fleshed out. I'm totally fine with the Outsiders being an Arrow thing now, Batman has his the whole Batfam thing going on and to much street level stuff revolves around Batman as it is so it's good to spread it around a bit. Green Arrow reminds me a lot of Immortal Iron Fist in a way.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Yea I love the idea of all these clans based around a different totam and I hope the idea really does get fleshed out. I'm totally fine with the Outsiders being an Arrow thing now, Batman has his the whole Batfam thing going on and to much street level stuff revolves around Batman as it is so it's good to spread it around a bit. Green Arrow reminds me a lot of Immortal Iron Fist in a way.

I was going to say that. It's definitely similar. There are the Immortal Weapons in Marvel and now there's going to be the Totems' in DC. It's just a really cool concept to have. But here is where I criticize....DC is trying way too hard to be similar to Marvel. I said it. I'm sorry. I had too!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I was going to say that. It's definitely similar. There are the Immortal Weapons in Marvel and now there's going to be the Totems' in DC. It's just a really cool concept to have. But here is where I criticize....DC is trying way too hard to be similar to Marvel. I said it. I'm sorry. I had too!

They should be IMO because they clearly can't do it based off of there own ideas lol

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By kidchipotle

@jonny_anonymous: I liked how they were different. Marvel had this government agency feel to it ala SHIELD. Everything in Marvel was connected to it. It's Marvels center. Then you had DC who didn't have a government agency to rely on, their superheroes were a lot more independent and free to do as they please. Sure, there was Checkmate, but I never felt that to be close. Now DC has ARGUS, which is SHIELD of America, and the spy agency that Kane runs and Dick will be joining that is SHIELD International so it's not warming to me. But I digress from the topic of Green Arrow....the totems, thats a change I'm will to accept with ease.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I liked how they were different. Marvel had this government agency feel to it ala SHIELD. Everything in Marvel was connected to it. It's Marvels center. Then you had DC who didn't have a government agency to rely on, their superheroes were a lot more independent and free to do as they please. Sure, there was Checkmate, but I never felt that to be close. Now DC has ARGUS, which is SHIELD of America, and the spy agency that Kane runs and Dick will be joining that is SHIELD International so it's not warming to me. But I digress from the topic of Green Arrow....the totems, thats a change I'm will to accept with ease.

Every comic book universe ever has a intelligence service, I mean Checkmate was pretty well integrated into the DCU at large pre-Flashpoint so I don't really see the problem here. Also ARGUS isn't really anything like SHIELD, ARGUS only deals with superbeings and that's it, they don't have actual spies or anything and they only really appear in the Justice League books. Also Spyral was a Morrison creation and it's not really like SHIELD either, if anything it's more like the W.C.A

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does anybody else think this will be Arsenal?

Written by JEFF LEMIRE

Art and cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO

On sale JULY 2 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

As Richard Dragon systematically takes apart Oliver Queen’s world in Seattle, we introduce a new person under Green Arrow’s hood!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: What I've heard is that Lemire wants to introduce Merlyn to the new DC Universe, but he didn't want to make him too similar to Komodo.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: I just think the red and the gun makes me think Arsenal

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

http://mancave.cbslocal.com/2014/05/01/take-the-outsiders-view-in-green-arrow-31

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: I'm hoping the Longbow Hunters turn out to be Green Arrows version of the Sinister Six.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Did you read GA #31 yet? Two words: Rogues Gallery......that is all haha.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnny_blaze: Yea, that's what I was meaning. I hope they turn out to be Green Arrow's version of the Sinister Six. But it bummed me out that he didn't want to stay with the Outsiders.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: He'll be back, there is always ways around these things. What did you think of the last page?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: I hope the Longbow Hunters become a regular occurrence after this, similar to the Sinister Six for Spider-Man. Dart interests me because this one looks female so I wonder if it's a new character or one that's been renamed.

Agreed about Dragon or at least I hope he's trying to pull a "Red Hood" so if you can't beat crime you control it. Btw is Dragon a member of the Fist Clan? I thought that was mentioned but now I can't find where.

If he does bring them in, I don't think it will be any time soon since this is all about doing new stuff but I'd be ok with him bringing Arsenal in if it would get him away from Lobdel.

Do you think they will add any more characters from the show? I love Felicity but I wouldn't want her in the book at the expense of Fyff and co. Also I want to know more about comic Dig.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@the_tree: I know it's to much to ask but I kinda hope this new Dart is somehow Mia Dearden. I also kind wish Olly had stayed with the Outsiders, they would make an awesome side team, similar to Aquaman's Others.

Hm I must have just presumed he was since he was a martial artist.

We will likely seen Roy but I don't think we'll see Canary any time soon because if he had plans for her she likely would have been mentioned at Green Arrows funeral in Future Ends.

I really like Felicity, I think she's one of the best things about the show but I also don't want to see Naomi and Fyff get replaced since I like both of them to. Do you not think Merlyn would be to similar to Komodo though?

Is there any other street level guys you think would suit being an Arrow villain?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: Yea hopefully. I really like the concept behind them and it expands the Arrow mythos and makes him a bigger deal honestly.

I haven't read BoP in a long time.

I wouldn't mind if they made him more like a Kingpin or Falcone type crime boss.

Yea all those are good picks, especially Silver Monkey and Slade. Didn't Oliver and Grifter cross paths early in the New 52? Anyway I would love to see that happen again under Lemire.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree: Agreed, maybe he'll need them back for when he fights the Longbow Hunters?

I quite liked Team 7 because it was focusing a lot on the Wildstorm characters and it had Slade before he was really a bad guy.

It's just I think Komodo already fills the role of anti-Arrow and he has a closer connection to him as well.

Yea they would make a good "I hate that guy but can't help but respect him" rivalry.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn very exciting stuff.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did everybody think of this weeks issue? Did anybody else think that Dragons mentor was a dig at Iron Fist? lol

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

What did everybody think of this weeks issue? Did anybody else think that Dragons mentor was a dig at Iron Fist? lol

Picked up this issue, its my first Green Arrow comic ever. I am a convert from the Arrow TV series, I got Series 1 for my birthday and am about two discs in so far. Anyway, love this book, beautiful art, reminiscent of a Bendis era Daredevil comic....

Wish I had picked up this title ages ago....

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By johnny_blaze

I just really hope that these longbow hunters stick around because that's the point of a rogues gallery. I was pissed when Komodo "died"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a preview for the next issue yet?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Just bumped this up, as I have a question. Who is taking on the book after Jeff Lemire? I hear his run is ending soon.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bezza said:

Just bumped this up, as I have a question. Who is taking on the book after Jeff Lemire? I hear his run is ending soon.

The writers of Arrow, Andrew Kreisberg and Ben Sokolowski.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-green-arrow-36-cover-and-solicit-reveal/1100-149527/

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Just thought I'd add that Daniel Sampere will be taking over as artist

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GREEN ARROW #37

No Caption Provided

Written by ANDREW KREISBERG and BEN SOKOLOWSKI

Art by DANIEL SAMPERE and JONATHAN GLAPION

Cover by BRYAN HITCH

On sale DECEMBER 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Blood will be shed when Green Arrow faces off against the assassin known as Merlyn!

Well this was predictable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen both seasons of Arrow so far (I prefer the second one), but part of me is thinking of dropping it in protest.