SDCC 2015: Geoff Johns Talks Darkseid War in JUSTICE LEAGUE and Upcoming One-Shots

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

After watching that interview, I am super curious.

Wednesday is so far away.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Look at Geoff faking by wearing a Batman shirt!

You don't fool us, Geoff! We all know you hate Batman.

=P

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: That would be weird considering the rumblings about a certain upcoming live-action movie that surfaced last week.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I find it kinda odd that this Darkseid War thing only has a single issue out, but as I am writing, DC has just released it's October solicitations and they are already calling that months Darkseid War release "critically acclaimed". I dont know about other people, but I think thats kinda like hailing the Avengers a possible award contender before they even got to the title.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: The FCBD issue and first part got a lot of good buzz. The second issue has been read by some already and is in stores this week.

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to explor Darkseid's relationship with his son and new daughter, Brayden & Grail--who kicks ass by the way.

I want to know how Darkseid does against magic, energy, matter, telepathy, reality warping, and cosmic beings.

I know that he's defeated Dr.Fate-magic, Captain Atom-energy, Firestorm-matter, Martian Manhunter-telepathy, but I don't know about the last two.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@outside_85: The FCBD issue and first part got a lot of good buzz. The second issue has been read by some already and is in stores this week.

But only by very few, and still I would call it premature.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@outside_85: That's not exactly a new practice or anything. DC and Marvel at least have been doing that pretty consistently for the past couple of years.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: That's not exactly a new practice or anything. DC and Marvel at least have been doing that pretty consistently for the past couple of years.

Hmm, I haven't noticed tbh, just a thing I fell over this time.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Great interview Tony! I'm so excited for #42 and I can't wait for Gods and Men!

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackarmor said:

Hmm, I haven't noticed tbh, just a thing I fell over this time.

Yeah it's kind of annoying but you get used to it after you start to notice it. I'm pretty sure the last time I took note was Spider-Verse i'm not mistaken but I wouldn't be surprised things like Forever Evil and Secret Wars did it in their earlier issues to if you checked.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So so excited, I cannot wait to read more, the hype, for the hype, is very real. I also hope that Johns and Fabok will work on other books in the future (it almost feels like he's hinting at that). While I haven't liked Johns characterization of Billy at all (again I don't blame him, I get the feeling it wasn't his choice) I do like the ideas he has for how the mechanics of Cap's powers work, so I can actually say I'm really interested in seeing Billy draw from the power of the New Gods.

flashrobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geoff Johns has that Serial Killer look going on for him

KASPERCOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOOT! Justice League 42 tomorrow! I can't wait, but I have to wait. DC is killing it with their line-up. I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to DC comics so much and Marvel comics so little.

webheadcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thing I pulled issue 42! Im so excited! Great interview as always

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@outside_85: Justice League #41 got pretty much universal praise from almost all sites that do comic book reviews. Therefore, I don't really think it's premature to label it "critically acclaimed" as it has received a LOT of critical acclaim.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91 said:

@outside_85: Justice League #41 got pretty much universal praise from almost all sites that do comic book reviews. Therefore, I don't really think it's premature to label it "critically acclaimed" as it has received a LOT of critical acclaim.

For one part of it. You dont know if it's going to take a massive nosedive today or next month.

UltronMk7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole DCYOU push has been excellent IMO. The 'Truth' and 'Justice' arc is 1 of the best Superman arcs we have seen in a long time. Across all of the Supes Brooks. Batman and Detective continue to be excellent. Gotdon as Batman has been very good. Those books have such talent attached you knew they would give us something good, but Gotdon under s mech bat suit is out of left field. And while I prefer Bruce under the cowl, I'm really enjoying Gordon's journey as Batman. His inner monologue. Is he worthy? Good stuff. Ever since Geoff John's left Green Lantern I have slowly but surely lost interest in everything GL. Not that it's been bad, but it was 1 of my fav books under GJ. This new direction for Hal was exactly what I needed to get back into the character. Shook it up to its core. Renegade Hal is a bold new direction that is working,. Lost Army is another strong book, with the connecting thread of what happened to the corps. Martian Manhunter was a strong book, Constantine. And JLA is phenomenal. Incredible art. Great story with huge stakes, just what a JL book should be.That has become 1 of my fav books 2 issues in. All that being said, Darkseid Ear is the most exciting. JL has always been a great book in the New 52, but this arc has started incredible. So amped to read #42 today. When Geoff John's is at his best he is as good a writer as there is in comics. And this arc looks like it has the potential to be epic. Batman in the mobious chair? Wow. I think DC and Marvel are both in great places right now. Really enjoying DCUOU and Secret Wars, which has also been excellent. Main title and tie ins.

kendigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this comes a little late as we now have Justice League #42 but I have to say this book has the makings of a masterpiece! By far one of my favorite ongoing right now. I've been loving this New 52 Justice League and how they came together under the Darkseid invasion. Now we're coming back to this storyline with The Darkseid War and all these new fleshed out characters (new to me with this run) with a foundation of something epic! Haha I'm pretty giddy too. Jason Fabok's art is spectacular. I literally stare at each page absorbing the beauty in the panels and spreads. I can not wait for #43. I sincerely hope Fabok's contract and or desire to stay on this will continue throughout the story! Reading this book takes me back to the excitement I used to feel reading comics as a kid.