The Unfair Sex-ism: Why female are so specials?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

A special kind of Double Standard that completely screws with logic. A man performing any act that seems evil and unfair in, like say, looking at another woman. Meanwhile, a female character can perpetuate the exact same actions but not receive any sort of penalty or negative dividends for it. As such, the end result of this is usually both that male sexuality (and the expressions thereof) are presented as inherently 'wrong', 'dirty' and 'ugly', and that any problems that arise are automatically the man's fault.

Men Act, Women Are: Men are defined by what they do. Women are defined by what they are.

That Females on the comics are good looking, dont matter what = sexism

That Males on the comic are good looking and are only there so females buy the comics is 100% ok, dont matter that there is no reason for the character or a moment.

In other words Naked Batman would be Ok, but Almost naked Starfire is a huge problem.

Women want fat ugly females on the comic, but they dont want ugly fat guys on the comics.

Fan Girl vs Fan Boy: The former is able to "get away" with actions that would get the latter locked up or looked down upon, in both fiction and Real Life. Girl cosplays? That's childish hence cute! Guy cosplays? He's an asocial loser who needs to get out of his mom's basement. Girl admits to wanting to sleep with a male celebrity, complete with fanart? That's cute, since girls are innocent and childlike, never sinister or dangerous. Guy admits he wants to sleep with a female celebrity, complete with fanart? Creepy stalker who needs to stop fapping to girls he will never have.

Yes i am sick that almost all womens on the comics have big boobs, but i am laso sick all the males on the comics are huge and good looking.

I am also sick most of people on the comics are white or afroamericans, and that the ones that are not a white or afroamerican, are in esssence white.

That all the Atheist are smart, religious people is stupid.

I am also sick that: Latins = Spaniards Asian = Japanese or Chinesse Africans = Africanamericans.

But people always cry about the big boobs and is getting lame.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for apatheticavenger
ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

#3  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@Glitch_Spawn: LMAO

Also, this guy.
Also, this guy.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

How did you wrangle a religious comment into this? Are you even talking about comics by the end of the post? When has an atheist character ever been portrayed next to a religious character as incredibly superior intellectually? Or are you talking about something else?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator

Females aren't special, thats actually the point. Who wants to be defined solely on what body parts they have? Its an oversimplification to think females (or most minorities = M) are treated special because females (M) are treated in narrower, more cliche, more generic ways. Special isn't always better or greater, sometimes its just otherwise different from what is usual. 

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Saren

Wait, where are Chinese Africans confused with African Americans? 

Also, almost everything in your post is stupid. That is all.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Daveyo520

If superheros who beat the crap out of people and use their strength all the time weren't jacked to hell it wouldn't make sense. Batman needs muscles to beat people up.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

There are huge double-standards in comics, but they extend well beyond that.

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By cody1984

@DeathpooltheT1000: I agree with everything you said and am glad you posted this considering the threads that have been created on comicvine recently.

@InnerVenom123 said:

How did you wrangle a religious comment into this? Are you even talking about comics by the end of the post? When has an atheist character ever been portrayed next to a religious character as incredibly superior intellectually? Or are you talking about something else?

He's probably talking about fiction and media in society in general. Which I do agree with him, and find atheists to actually be worse than really religious people and I'm agnostic and don't particularly like the many Jehovah witness living in my area.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123

@cody1984 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

He's probably talking about fiction and media in society in general. Which I do agree with him, and find atheists to actually be worse than really religious people and I'm agnostic and don't particularly like the many Jehovah witness living in my area.

I disagree about the athiests being worse, they can both be equally bad-- but that's not the point. I was wondering why he even added that in, this is supposed to be about sexism.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator
@InnerVenom123 said:

I disagree about the athiests being worse, they can both be equally bad-- but that's not the point. I was wondering why he even added that in, this is supposed to be about sexism.

Its relevant because Galactus is sexy and some people worship at the cup of Galactus or something... uhhm... 
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123

@SC said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Its relevant because Galactus is sexy and some people worship at the cup of Galactus or something... uhhm...

Galactus is SO sexy.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SC  Moderator
@InnerVenom123 said:

Galactus is SO sexy.

Galactus puts the Tus in Top Notch Tushy Tushy 
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14  Edited By cody1984

@InnerVenom123 said:

@cody1984 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

They can be equally bad and I have definitely run across some people who fit the negative stereotype of religious people perfectly. Its just in my experience I tend to find atheists quite a bit more delusional when talking about religious people than vice versa...anyway I'm going way off topic. He probably added the religious comment because it’s something else that has been annoying him as of late though it doesn't have anything to do with sexism which is the topic he created.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Izaiah
@InnerVenom123 said:

He might be referring characters along the lines of Brainiac, Brainiac 5, Mr. Terrific, and Lex Luthor who are all stated to be significantly smarter than the average human, and they've all expressed atheistic attitudes.  But yeah, I'm not sure what the religious comment was doing there either...
council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By council elite

i think all comic characters, male & female, should be hot. i don't wanna look up to a fat, ugly douchebag who never works out & has a terrible diet. & why would i wanna see unattractive women in comics either, that would just make the love stories in the comics & such less believable (yes, i know comics aren't supposed to be overly realistic, but still.) it only bothers me when characters are drawn disproportionally to how they usually are or when written differently than they normally are just to make the comic "sexier." which, i agree, does happen way too often.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Theres is plenty ugly charcetrs both male and female. But i think most people just prefer to look at the non ugly ones. Spawn( Al Simmons) is my fav character ever and he has spent 99% of his time in comics with horrificly burned skin , doenst mean he isnt awesoem some people are ugly as part of the character. I do agree that some characters to get over sexaulized though.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I think about this some times. Like when Red Hood & The Outlawz came out everyone was like "OMG Starfire was in a tiny bikini and was having sex with every one and acting like a slut that is so sexist" yet not one single person said "Roy was sitting about topless looking all buff and him and Jason where both total man whores that would have sex with anything thats totally sexist". Sexism is when one sex is treated better than the other yet imo both male and female where shown to be sexy and pretty loose when it came to doing the deed so I dont see how that is sexism.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By PowerHerc

The reverse-sexism of some female fans is rarely brought up. It could probably use more discussion.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cody1984: Thanks you, i am sick and tired of thia Fan Girl Fantasy is OK, but Fan Boy fantasy is wrong, both of them hurt comic books.

@council elite: That piss me off too, i mean i have no problem if tehre is no ugly people on the comic books, i have problem that character look super massive.

@SC: I know that is a problem, but lets face it, this start because starfire have sex with Jason and Roy, even when Dick does the same since i have memory, Dick is good looking, have an amazing body, he is a female fantasy, so i totally ok, Starfire is a male fantasy, so is wrong and dirty, even when Jason and roy do the same thing that her in that number.

@lazystudent: Dick Grayson = Starfire.

@PowerHerc: Say what you think about this?, is like reverse-racism to me, being racist to white people is ok? and being sexist to men is ok?.

@spiderbat87 said:

I think about this some times. Like when Red Hood & The Outlawz came out everyone was like "OMG Starfire was in a tiny bikini and was having sex with every one and acting like a slut that is so sexist" yet not one single person said "Roy was sitting about topless looking all buff and him and Jason where both total man whores that would have sex with anything thats totally sexist". Sexism is when one sex is treated better than the other yet imo both male and female where shown to be sexy and pretty loose when it came to doing the deed so I dont see how that is sexism.

Thank you for notice this, is like no man can be bisexual, if two girls make out is not gay, but if two guys have deep feelings is totally gay, even when both of them dont have any sexuals or romantic feelings for the other.

Is amazing how does people dont notice this.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SC  Moderator
@DeathpooltheT1000:  I think its a tad bit more complicated than that, at least to many, like for me it didn't start with Starfire having sex, its the entire overview of the situation. Nightwing can be a female fantasy, hell he could even pass as a male fantasy, but Nightwing is also really relatable to people as a character, because of more than one of his other traits, and defining characteristics. How many people can relate to or find interesting or distinguishing defining traits for Starfire? Barring projection, not many yet. Which is okay. In some ways. To many this reflects poorly on Jason and Roy as well. Then again, we know that their immature behavior isn't going to be sold as greedily as Starfire's sex appeal. So in this instance she to many is being more exploited than they are (but they are being exploited too) So its about how far each fan/reader is willing to look. Some like to look deeper than others. I can understand your stance all the same *smile*
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#22  Edited By RazzaTazz

I am not sure if you have the grasp of the arguments which female readers have.  It is not just about appearances, in fact I am the first to mention that I don't mind appearances.  I am also in no way opposed to reasonable portrayals of people in comics.  the concern of the female reader is that they are being marginalized by the industry, which in a lot of ways says that it only cares about the male fans and that if any female fans stick around despite that, then better for them because it means they sell more.  The fact of the matter is though that comics which would be more appealing to everyone would be a better product overall.  Most serious male fans of the medium don't really care about the depiction of females, but it perpetuates for a small group that do.  these male fans would also like to see it toned down, but the female fans get labeled as the complainers for some reason. 
labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By labarith

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

No Caption Provided

Is that Oracle; out in the middle of nowhere, in her wheelchair oggaling a Ken Doll?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC: @RazzaTazz: The problem is that most of people cry about one number or two numbers, so far we dont really know if Starfire cant remember anything, we dont know if Starfire is having sex with them becuase she is some crazy sex male fantasy or there is a deep reason for it.

I mean it could be the fact she feels like crap and have sex with those two, because on her mind that is the rock bottom.

I am more pissed that Barbara can walk again, i mean, she is useless now, she was a better character when she was Oracle, but there is people that is pissed becuase she have bigger boobs, that for the fact she can walk and she is using a lame costume, even when she show you dont neeed a suit to be a hero.

I mean, people that is wheel chairs dont count as people?

No you dont care becuase you are not normal?, there is bigger problem with comics today?

I mean, there is a bunch of problems in comic bookc.

i am sure you can notice many other problems, that hurt the industry.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SC  Moderator
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@SC: @RazzaTazz: The problem is that most of people cry about one number or two numbers, so far we dont really know if Starfire cant remember anything, we dont know if Starfire is having sex with them becuase she is some crazy sex male fantasy or there is a deep reason for it.

I mean it could be the fact she feels like crap and have sex with those two, because on her mind that is the rock bottom.

I am more pissed that Barbara can walk again, i mean, she is useless now, she was a better character when she was Oracle, but there is people that is pissed becuase she have bigger boobs, that for the fact she can walk and she is using a lame costume, even when she show you dont neeed a suit to be a hero.

I mean, people that is wheel chairs dont count as people?

No you dont care becuase you are not normal?, there is bigger problem with comics today?

I mean, there is a bunch of problems in comic bookc.

i am sure you can notice many other problems, that hurt the industry.

People cry? I think the problem is that people see opposing views and get to lazy to actually make valid points for either side or the perspective they want to hold. It perpetuates tired or oversimplified arguments (not saying you are doing that, but you might be responding to such arguments) 

You/me/anyone is able to tell all the people who buy the first comic to keep reading? Unfortunately thats not how comics works. I wish that they would trust and have faith and the money to keep reading to see explanations and attempts by writers/artists to improve creative aspects. We don't know those things about the comic, or characters, and usually for half the fans that pick up an issue one but not the following issue, they will never know.  

I do not like the creative change to Oracle either myself. This won't be the only reason comic sales are down, but looking for other problems instead of looking for solutions won't help much either I think. 
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#26  Edited By RazzaTazz
@DeathpooltheT1000: I agree the industry is kind hurt by too often going for the lowest common denominator and not recognizing why this alienates fans.  This applies across gender liens, so focusing on women fans only kind of obscures the problems, and all too often I think  the publishers get it in their heads that "the women are complaining ... again!"  without looking at deeper problems at hand. 
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC:@RazzaTazz: Saddly is the same with wrestling, i am talking of how does bad script hurts things in wrestling in other websites.

Is amazing, how does the plot cares more that anything else.

Saddly the WWE Divas are evidence that men, dont buy the sex sell thing as much as any industry wants to belive, also i have notice that females buy their fantasies as much as men.

It looks like the market is getting bigger, but actually the market that buys wrestling ppvs, dvds and other thing is really small.

Heck even wrestling tv ratings show that we dont live in a time where sex sells or crappy writting.

I am talking about, how does Comic Book, are making the same mistakes that wrestling is making.

You know you have a target audience, they are the people is going to buy, if you try to make your market bigger, it could happen that the market makes smaller.

The industry pisssed off many of his old fan base, so they can win new one, but that outside people dont care, so they dont buy or dont buy for a long time.

That explains, why Wrestling Ratings and comic book sells are getting smaller.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By Kairan1979

@DeathpooltheT1000:

but i am laso sick all the males on the comics are huge and good looking.

Funny thing is that my favorite comic book character are NOT good looking. Deadpool is horribly scarred, Al Simmons/Spawn has awful burns, Rorschach isn't a Vogue model too.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By danhimself

comic books are visual medium so nearly every character in them is going to be visually attractive....not a lot of people want to read a book about an overweight guy in spandex trying to fight his way up the stairs to get to a villain

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SC  Moderator
@DeathpooltheT1000:  lol, thats actually a really cool, and interesting parallel you made *smile* Coolness. 
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#31  Edited By Joygirl

I concur with most of that. Could have been a little more eloquent but got the point across.

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By The Devil Tiger
@DeathpooltheT1000
Wrestling is Comic Book writing...  OVER NINE THOUSANDS !!! 

Seriously, I enjoy wrestling show because I don't take it seriously. I can actually guess what will happen BEFORE the end of a "Fight". 

Comics books are worse, because we can feel some kind of artistic ambition, but story and character are often treated with the same sillyness, especially in the mainstream Comics.     

Now, I think the debate is going more and more irrelevant. There is two issues of these comics, and already too many people are breathing fire about this event, it's getting silly and boring. 

Sure, double standard aren't cool, and it's truth that guy who doesn't stick to the ideal of the virility are often crushed mercilessly, but te same is truth for girls in some other way. 

The funny things, is male or female, if you state that you're liking sex, and enjoy some erotic or other stuff like that, you will be gazed like a monster or ostracised in a way or another, believe me.  

Only time will tell if story will improve, but as early Image Comics experience have showed, you can't take comics readers for stupid, and you can't go on only with massive fanservice forever...
tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tim2081

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@SC:@RazzaTazz: Saddly is the same with wrestling, i am talking of how does bad script hurts things in wrestling in other websites.

Saddly the WWE Divas are evidence that men, dont buy the sex sell thing as much as any industry wants to belive, also i have notice that females buy their fantasies as much as men.

It looks like the market is getting bigger, but actually the market that buys wrestling ppvs, dvds and other thing is really small.

Heck even wrestling tv ratings show that we dont live in a time where sex sells or crappy writting.

I am talking about, how does Comic Book, are making the same mistakes that wrestling is making.

You know you have a target audience, they are the people is going to buy, if you try to make your market bigger, it could happen that the market makes smaller.

The industry pisssed off many of his old fan base, so they can win new one, but that outside people dont care, so they dont buy or dont buy for a long time.

I believe WWE rating are actually falling because of the rise of MMA, and something similar is happening with comics. The print medium is fading out, and digital is on the rise. Sex creates controversy, and controversy brings attention. Just look at how many people are talking about Catwoman and Starfire, it's impossible to overlook it, and most people will buy into it to find out for themselves. However, sex doesn't maintain long term sales, it only brings attention.

As for the unfair sexism, it's pointless to compare male behavior to female behavior. We are fundamentally different, and it's based mostly on instincts.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Devil Tiger said:

@DeathpooltheT1000:
Wrestling is Comic Book writing... OVER NINE THOUSANDS !!!

Seriously, I enjoy wrestling show because I don't take it seriously. I can actually guess what will happen BEFORE the end of a "Fight".

Comics books are worse, because we can feel some kind of artistic ambition, but story and character are often treated with the same sillyness, especially in the mainstream Comics. Now, I think the debate is going more and more irrelevant. There is two issues of these comics, and already too many people are breathing fire about this event, it's getting silly and boring. Sure, double standard aren't cool, and it's truth that guy who doesn't stick to the ideal of the virility are often crushed mercilessly, but te same is truth for girls in some other way. The funny things, is male or female, if you state that you're liking sex, and enjoy some erotic or other stuff like that, you will be gazed like a monster or ostracised in a way or another, believe me. Only time will tell if story will improve, but as early Image Comics experience have showed, you can't take comics readers for stupid, and you can't go on only with massive fanservice forever...

Saddly they take everybody for stupid, thinking that will sell forever and tat people that never buyed a comic will buy it, because of that.

@tim2081 said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

I believe WWE rating are actually falling because of the rise of MMA, and something similar is happening with comics. The print medium is fading out, and digital is on the rise. Sex creates controversy, and controversy brings attention. Just look at how many people are talking about Catwoman and Starfire, it's impossible to overlook it, and most people will buy into it to find out for themselves. However, sex doesn't maintain long term sales, it only brings attention.

As for the unfair sexism, it's pointless to compare male behavior to female behavior. We are fundamentally different, and it's based mostly on instincts.

So i wrong when a women do it, but is not worng with a men do it or backwards?

The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The Devil Tiger
@tim2081

I disagree strongly about that. 

Sexism isn't based on instinct, but rather on rationalisation of social standard.  

People aren't based entirely on instinct, they think of what they're doing, especially when they must manage their instinct in acceptable social way.

tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tim2081

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

So i wrong when a women do it, but is not worng with a men do it or backwards?

Both. There are things women can do that men can't and vice versa. It all comes from what men like about women, and women like about men. Men judge women based on attractiveness first, and personality second. Women judge men based on things like money, attractiveness, power, and personality; sometimes all of those factors count, and sometimes not. That is why an unattractive man can become rich and famous and marry a super model, while an unattractive woman who becomes rich and famous still won't gain much more attention. Because of that, gender roles are different. And like I said, it's an instinctual difference, we're born that way. It can't change.

tim2081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tim2081

@The Devil Tiger said:

@tim2081:

Sexism isn't based on instinct, but rather on rationalisation of social standard.

People aren't based entirely on instinct, they think of what they're doing, especially when they must manage their instinct in acceptable social way.

I believe people aren't born with any knowledge, only instincts (just like any other animal). And I agree that the instincts get managed over time by what we learn; but they never go away. A lot of sexism (and racism for that matter) are involuntary. For instance, I think comic writers and artists create women that they personally find attractive, and I don't believe they're sitting there thinking "we must do something to make women feel objectified."

The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The Devil Tiger
@tim2081 said:

@The Devil Tiger said:

@tim2081:

Sexism isn't based on instinct, but rather on rationalisation of social standard.

People aren't based entirely on instinct, they think of what they're doing, especially when they must manage their instinct in acceptable social way.

I believe people aren't born with any knowledge, only instincts (just like any other animal). And I agree that the instincts get managed over time by what we learn; but they never go away. A lot of sexism (and racism for that matter) are involuntary. For instance, I think comic writers and artists create women that they personally find attractive, and I don't believe they're sitting there thinking "we must do something to make women feel objectified."

Because it doesn't work that way. ;-)

This is much like, "Oh well, I will draw the most sexy girl I can (instinct) without being seen as a pervert and accused to make porn (reason) because I doesn't want being pointed out by the moral autority (social standard)."  

You are pretty much right about the fact instinct never going away and racism, but you will find that instinct, for all it's irrationnality, possess A LOT of rational excuses such as "Minorities are not civilized enough", "we are biologically superior", "sex sells", and so on... 

As a species, Humanity is dependant on her rationality to fill her need and instinct, but somewhere, social issue and needs blur the line between what ultimately dominate the attitude of man.  

Still, I read many times that sex sells, but I wonder that all are talking bout those two and half a page, and nobody talk about the whole episode. It is because it is so bad ? Or because everyone is making a mountain of a mice ?
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By daredevil21134

@DeathpooltheT1000: Good Topic bro

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tim2081 said:

@The Devil Tiger said:

@tim2081:

I agree that many of the thing like sexims or racism are natural.

Still we can control it, that dont change many of the things people do are not natural and say is my nature just as an excuse to be an ahole.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rudyftw

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

A special kind of Double Standard that completely screws with logic. A man performing any act that seems evil and unfair in, like say, looking at another woman. Meanwhile, a female character can perpetuate the exact same actions but not receive any sort of penalty or negative dividends for it. As such, the end result of this is usually both that male sexuality (and the expressions thereof) are presented as inherently 'wrong', 'dirty' and 'ugly', and that any problems that arise are automatically the man's fault.

Men Act, Women Are: Men are defined by what they do. Women are defined by what they are.

That Females on the comics are good looking, dont matter what = sexism

That Males on the comic are good looking and are only there so females buy the comics is 100% ok, dont matter that there is no reason for the character or a moment.

In other words Naked Batman would be Ok, but Almost naked Starfire is a huge problem.

Women want fat ugly females on the comic, but they dont want ugly fat guys on the comics.

Fan Girl vs Fan Boy: The former is able to "get away" with actions that would get the latter locked up or looked down upon, in both fiction and Real Life. Girl cosplays? That's childish hence cute! Guy cosplays? He's an asocial loser who needs to get out of his mom's basement. Girl admits to wanting to sleep with a male celebrity, complete with fanart? That's cute, since girls are innocent and childlike, never sinister or dangerous. Guy admits he wants to sleep with a female celebrity, complete with fanart? Creepy stalker who needs to stop fapping to girls he will never have.

Yes i am sick that almost all womens on the comics have big boobs, but i am laso sick all the males on the comics are huge and good looking.

I am also sick most of people on the comics are white or afroamericans, and that the ones that are not a white or afroamerican, are in esssence white.

That all the Atheist are smart, religious people is stupid.

I am also sick that: Latins = Spaniards Asian = Japanese or Chinesse Africans = Africanamericans.

But people always cry about the big boobs and is getting lame.

No Caption Provided

You deserve a loud applause.

*FOLLOWED*

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PowerHerc

@DeathpooltheT1000:

Nope.

Racism against white people is definitely not OK.

Sexism against men is definitely not OK.

If it's not acceptable one way, it's not acceptable the other way either.

Unfortunately, the media, Hollywood, college campuses and the rest of modern western society does seem to embrace/allow the double standard of reverse-racism and reverse-sexism. Hell, in many cases they actually encourage it.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PowerHerc said:

@DeathpooltheT1000:

Nope.

Racism against white people is definitely not OK.

Sexism against men is definitely not OK.

If it's not acceptable one way, it's not acceptable the other way either.

Unfortunately, the media, Hollywood, college campuses and the rest of modern western society does seem to embrace/allow the double standard of reverse-racism and reverse-sexism. Hell, in many cases they actually encourage it.

I was making a joke.

I obvious i belive is not ok, the point of all this thread is about the vrappy idea thta is only sexism when men do it.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PowerHerc

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@tim2081 said:

@The Devil Tiger said:

@tim2081:

I agree that many of the thing like sexims or racism are natural.

Still we can control it, that dont change many of the things people do are not natural and say is my nature just as an excuse to be an ahole.

I was answering your question about whether reverse racism and/or sexism is okay.

My answer was "Nope." We agree on this.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By _Zombie_

@ApatheticAvenger:

Don't forget good 'ol F**kface!
Don't forget good 'ol F**kface!

Anyways, calling sexism on a male's behalf is nearly(if not entirely) pointless. Guys don't usually give a rat's a** about their portrayal. The male gender generally have bigger egos then our opposites, so we're not as sensitive to it as females are.

Does that mean that I agree with sexism at all? Heck no. I think it should be done away with along with all other forms of prejudice, but most men aren't going to get uppity about the portrayal of men in media if confronted with it.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By difficlus

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

There are huge double-standards in comics, but they extend well beyond that.

this

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Primmaster64

Lots of valid points here.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By difficlus

@Primmaster64 said:

pretty much

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Primmaster64
@difficlus said:

@Primmaster64 said:

pretty much

I kinda have to agree with the OP in a way.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By difficlus