Help Finding A Comic Book

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

This thread is for if you have a question about a certain issue or are trying to find a comic or trade paperback.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Hey everyone, tell us what ONLINE stores you shop for comic books!  As you list them, we'll add them to G-Man's first post in this thread.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Martian

I got to ebay:P

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Precise
Red L.A.M.P. said:
"Hey everyone, tell us what ONLINE stores you shop for comic books!  As you list them, we'll add them to G-Man's first post in this thread."
Do Dutch stores count? xP
Dementia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Dementia5
Nobody said:
"I got to ebay:P"
That's where I get most of my back issues.
The Minuteman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Minuteman

I use conventions for back issues.

Graft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Graft
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By gunswordfist

Well this will be kind of a vague description for my list of recommendations (sorry) because it will be for comics with characters I know little about but they seem interesting enough for me to start reading about. So please recommend what you think are the best comics for these characters:
Daredevil
Lobo
Spawn
Deathstroke The Terminator (I put him in mainly to get the name of the comic where he fights Batman)
Flash (That 70's Show made the one where he has to stop a Russian death ray sound good. lol)
Wolverine
Gambit
Punisher (I loved Born and In The Beginning)
Green Lantern (I plan on getting my hands on Emerald Knights. Any of the best Sinistro comics would be nice to get too.)
Dr. Fate (I want to get Countdown to Mystery)
Blade
The Question

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10  Edited By likalaruku

You know Marvel Zombies? Does DC have an equivelent of that? I wanna see a Zombie Batman!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Nighthunter

anyone knows of a page with a catalog full of all marvel trade paperback similar to the one DC has on it's side? would help me a lot thanks

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gunswordfist

Great. More questions, less answers. *leaves thread with head down*

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck

No DC Zombies (surprisingly).

Marvel trades: you could try checking an issues of PREVIEWS that comic stores have (that shows all the comics shipping each month).  I know DC usually has a list of all their trades in print.  Marvel does list them in their supplement section but I'm pretty sure it's not all of them.  Sometimes just doing a search at amazon can give lots of results.

@gunswordfist:  that's a list that will take some proper thinking to give you the best selections.  What you could try doing is going to a certain character's page and seeing if anything is listed in the Key Story Arcs section.  Like here's Daredevil's:  http://www.comicvine.com/daredevil/29-24694/story-arcs/

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Booksamillion. 

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gunswordfist
G-Man said:
"No DC Zombies (surprisingly).

Marvel trades: you could try checking an issues of PREVIEWS that comic stores have (that shows all the comics shipping each month).  I know DC usually has a list of all their trades in print.  Marvel does list them in their supplement section but I'm pretty sure it's not all of them.  Sometimes just doing a search at amazon can give lots of results.

@gunswordfist:  that's a list that will take some proper thinking to give you the best selections.  What you could try doing is going to a certain character's page and seeing if anything is listed in the Key Story Arcs section.  Like here's Daredevil's:  http://www.comicvine.com/daredevil/29-24694/story-arcs/"

I already got an entire Daredevil arc to check out but I'll try that for some of the other characters. Thanks.
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nighthunter
G-Man said:
"No DC Zombies (surprisingly).

@gunswordfist:  that's a list that will take some proper thinking to give you the best selections.  What you could try doing is going to a certain character's page and seeing if anything is listed in the Key Story Arcs section.  Like here's Daredevil's:  http://www.comicvine.com/daredevil/29-24694/story-arcs/"
thanks G-man
Avatar image for captain_tangent
Captain Tangent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Captain Tangent

I hate to actually spend a post like this, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of a certain comic that I read a number of years back, and don't have many details really, but I would appreciate if anybody could help me.

Group of soldiers (the number of which, I think somehow plays into the title) basically end up being involved in an explosion or some kind of incident, and afterwards discover that they've gained some kinds of psychic/telekinetic abilities. This has driven a couple of them slightly mentally off kilter, and unfortunately, I don't remember much else about the comic, other than the fact that I really liked it. I've been Googling all kinds of random combinations of some of the things I've just described, but to no avail. If it sounds remotely familiar to anybody I'd appreciate the help. I want to say it was Image who did it, but I can't be certain.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Hey all, im trying to find back issues of Deadpool and i have been searching online.. cant find it in Australia and the shipping from overseas more than the comics -_-

anyone know anywhere else? and YES i have looked on ebay

Avatar image for captain_tangent
Captain Tangent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Captain Tangent
aztek the lost said:
"based off your specifications, I thought these four might be options, hopefully one of them is

• Gen13
  • Dynamo 5
  • Team 7
  • Defcon 4
"

many, if I could shake your hand through the computer, I would. Team 7, that's it exactly. Thank you very much!
that was quick too...cripes.
Kyriakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Kyriakos

E-bay

bamboowhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bamboowhale

Hi, I am looking for one title to start reading.  I've been away from comics for awhile and looking to get back.  So if you were limited to recommending one comic book to follow and only one from all the comic universes out there, which one would you choose?

Thanks!

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Scourge
My favorite series right now is the current one of Thor. You can check it out if youre interested.
bamboowhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bamboowhale

Does the current Thor have a new story arc?  Who's doing the writing now?  Thanks for the rec!  I'll compare it with all other recommendations and make my decision Wednesday.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nighthunter

solicits say that the next issue of Thor is a great place for new readers to come in

written by J. Michael Straszinski

bamboowhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By bamboowhale

Thanks for the info!  I wasn't sure if JMS was continuing to write Thor or not.  I thought I read somewhere he was leaving for the DC universe.

bamboowhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bamboowhale

With no additional choices to compare, can I conclude that the community feels Thor is the best book for a new reader to jump into if only following one title?

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Well bamboowhale, your question is off the thread's topic, maybe start a new thread asking people for recommendations with a little more info about specifically what you're looking for.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By danhimself

amazon is where i get all of my trades

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nighthunter
bamboowhale said:
"Thanks for the info!  I wasn't sure if JMS was continuing to write Thor or not.  I thought I read somewhere he was leaving for the DC universe.
"
he doesn't have a marvel exclusive contract anymore, he'll continue his work on Thor but he'll do Brave & the bold, Red Circe one-shots and an unannounced series for DC
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Slinger
Nighthunter said:
"he doesn't have a marvel exclusive contract anymore, he'll continue his work on Thor but he'll do Brave & the bold, Red Circe one-shots and an unannounced series for DC"
When does he start on Brave and the Bold?
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nighthunter
Slinger said:
"Nighthunter said:
"he doesn't have a marvel exclusive contract anymore, he'll continue his work on Thor but he'll do Brave & the bold, Red Circe one-shots and an unannounced series for DC"
When does he start on Brave and the Bold?
"
June I believe, if not July

bamboowhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bamboowhale

Thanks.  I'll create a new thread and see what results.

Savage_batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By Savage_batman

Anyone know where i could find Brigade #1 From image in 95 and Freak force # 2 from image in 93 and any other Freak force besides #1 (already have it)

Chuckaduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Chuckaduck

I appologize for already making a thread, I didn't know there was a thread dedicated:

I have been wanting to read a comic book/illustrated novel that I heard about.  I am pretty sure it is based in a Hyborian-type world, and it takes place in a dungeon or someplace underground.  I am almost positive the protaganist is a barbarian (who else in a Hyborian-type universe).  The entire book is humerous in a Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy sort of way.  I know it was jokingly named "The worst story ever told", or something along those lines, by its creator.  The last bit of information I have is it is a book with a small cult-type fanbase.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
Savage_batman said:
"Anyone know where i could find Brigade #1 From image in 95 and Freak force # 2 from image in 93 and any other Freak force besides #1 (already have it)"
Ebay has them both for cheap.
Savage_batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By Savage_batman
Shatterstar said:
"Savage_batman said:
"Anyone know where i could find Brigade #1 From image in 95 and Freak force # 2 from image in 93 and any other Freak force besides #1 (already have it)"
Ebay has them both for cheap."
thanks man ill have to check that out
oldtimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By oldtimer

comiccollectorlive.com cheap prices.

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rothschild

Anyone care to help me find a new title to read? I've read books like  Watchmen, Rising Stars, and Finished Civil War in its entirety last year, anyone got any suggestions? I heard The Goon, kick ass and some other books were cool, I tend to like less flashy powers and more mature(Preacher, Sandman,Fell) and gun-play type books. Im looking for compeletly dif titles (please no X Men,Batman,Superman,Spider-man types)

Zotan Re

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zotan Re

UMMMMM.....anyone know where i could find the first ish of Geoff Johns run on Green Lantern for CHEAP?

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rothschild
@Shatterstar said:
"Savage_batman said:

Great book, I have  a copy of Brigade #1.. Battlestone was such a cool chracter... I also have Youngblood(vol.1) #1 Both great... They're pretty easy to find... I bought mine back in the 90's...
Zotan Re

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zotan Re
@Rothschild said:
" @Shatterstar said:
"Savage_batman said:
Great book, I have  a copy of Brigade #1.. Battlestone was such a cool chracter... I also have Youngblood(vol.1) #1 Both great... They're pretty easy to find... I bought mine back in the 90's... "
Yes i love Battlestone!
DragoKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DragoKnight
Avatar image for thesavageassasin
TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheSavageAssasin
lioneta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lioneta

Oh goodie!
I have Uncanny X-Men 394+ and I was wondering what comic would be the best to start if I'm interested in the Mastermind Sister's stories.
Or in fact, what issues (all of them) should I get altogether if Im interested in their stories?

SupermanPR1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SupermanPR1ME

I read pretty much anything. If I hear something's good, I'll read it.

lolidude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lolidude