#1 Edited by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

So since the new rule of comicvine sort of make it pretty difficult to make a chronology thread lets see how it turns out.

Starting with his first appearances which is from 40s, man it was difficult finding those appearances.

Venus 05: When Zeus was first shown on panel, he used to be called Jupiter, his Roman name

Venus 06: Easily nullified Loki's contract over Venus

Venus 08: Increased Venus's power because her act was selfless

Amazing Adult Fantasy 13 : This was obviously meant to be a joke, but a funny one so i am putting it here. Zeus comes to earth to destroy humanity but seeing human he is so scared he runs away :p

Journey into the Mystery Annual 01: Stopped a fight between Thor and Hercules. Zeus has done similar things 4 other times just though one would suffice for the chronology purpose

Journey into the Mystery 124: Stop Thor and Herc's fight, also created an image of Earth

Avengers 50: Scared the crap out of Ares

Avengers 100: Ares with Ebony blade turned Zeus and either Olympus pure blood into Glass

Captain Marvel 29: History of how he became the god of Olympus

Marvel Premier 26: In the past beat Typhoon together with other gods and banished him to the underworld

Marvel Two in One 44: Depowered and contained by Krokaar, Manduu and Yandrogg, once freed Zeus stomped them

Thor Annual 08 : Fought Thor for a months

The Mighty Thor 291: The mighty Zeus vs Zuras the oldie goldie

The Mighty Thor 292: The fight with Zuras stopped when Odin left

The Mighty Thor 300:

Skyfathers vs Celestials

The Mighty Thor 301: Quick summary of the above fight

Avengers 283: Fought Avengers for 3 issue. This issue we see Zues's first attack and Cap's leg is broken

Avengers 284: Zeus was apparently in Warrior Madness, struggles against Thor, hurt by Photon

Avengers 285:

Ends up hurting Hercules, Zues finally calms down

Hulk vs Hercules: When Titans Collide: Recollection of Zeus fighting Titants before, Zeus sadly gets pwned by a un-named titan who hits him with a spear

Assult of New Olympus: Zeus killed by Mikaboshi

Incredible Hercules 129: Took the divine part of Hercules to Olympus

Incredible Hercules 130: History of Zeus defeating and over-throwing his Father

Incredible Hercules 132:

Young , reborn Zeus hitting on his own daughter and slaying trolls, thats the way a skyfather works

Incredible Hercules 136: In the body of a kid, one shotted a giant who was meant to be (by words alone no feat nothing to back it up) the most powerful Dark Elf

Incredible Hercules 141: Zeus fought Typhoon in the past, and fought Typhoon in the present as a kid, Zeus and Hera were both killed.

Chaos Wars 03: Got the better of Galactus in the fight, then he got killed by Hercules who was a super-god at that time, and lastly it was revealed that he has Chaos King inside him, which explains how Zeus was able to beat Galactus

Incredible Hulk 621: Beginning of his fight with Hulk

Incredible Hulk 622: Zeus wins in a rather one sided match, although it was revealed that Hulk intentionally wanted to lose, and it was Hulk offering himself as sacrifice to Zeus so that Zeus could hopefully do something to prevent his hulk family from being an outcast.

Herc 6.1 :

Zeus shows the ability to shapeshift

Journey into the Mystery 627: Argument with Odin

#2 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17260 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME!

#3 Edited by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Thanks although its not yet complete, i still have to check 3 more websites to check if i have missed any of his appearances.

BTW never knew you were interested in skyfather level characters.

#4 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17260 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Thanks although its not yet complete, i still have to check 3 more websites to check if i have missed any of his appearances.

BTW never knew you were interested in skyfather level characters.

Well I am looking forward to whats next :D

to be honest i don't genrarly like Guys like Zeus, but when i read the Hulk Vs Zeus Battle by Greg Pak i was a bit interested and after reading greg paks Incredible Hercules Zues interested me in ways Odin never has :P

#5 Posted by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Fair enough i have always been more interested in cosmic hierarchy of marvel, the super-duper powerful guys and stuffs. Zeus was meant to be somewhere there and thus far i have read all his appearance till 2011 (so 1 year more to go) and his feat relatively speaking seems pretty low.

Marvel has this whole idea of level of infinity and beyond infinity and such which is damn fascinating at least to me :)

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17260 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Fair enough i have always been more interested in cosmic hierarchy of marvel, the super-duper powerful guys and stuffs. Zeus was meant to be somewhere there and thus far i have read all his appearance till 2011 (so 1 year more to go) and his feat relatively speaking seems pretty low.

Marvel has this whole idea of level of infinity and beyond infinity and such which is damn fascinating at least to me :)

Your favorite character is Thanos after all :P

Personally i've been interested in sympathetic and fun characters , spider-man, hulk, herc, the thing. These are ,y favorites ( HUlk on the top though).

#7 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: You missed a pretty meaty one...

When Zeus and Thor survived the mass murder of all the rest of the Council of Godheads and then met with Eternity and Infinity.

And when he fights alongside the rest of the universe against Thanos.

#8 Posted by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35: Thanks for the addition but i knowingly did not put that because Marvel Universe: The End does not take place in 616 reality but rather Reality 4321, given Zeus is a skyfather he is likely to have alternate reality counterpart.

We know, to some extent, the same thing happened in 616 as well, but we do not to what extent , all we have is Thanos 01, where Thanos recalls obtaining Heart of the Infinity as the proof.

#9 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35: Thanks for the addition but i knowingly did not put that because Marvel Universe: The End does not take place in 616 reality but rather Reality 4321, given Zeus is a skyfather he is likely to have alternate reality counterpart.

We know, to some extent, the same thing happened in 616 as well, but we do not to what extent , all we have is Thanos 01, where Thanos recalls obtaining Heart of the Infinity as the proof.

It's not an alternate reality, it is a reset. That stuff happened but everything was set back to the way it was (twice). The Council of Godheads entry to the Marvel Handbooks (and many other entries to featured characters) refer to the events of The End as canon but note that events were "reset". So, yes, now it is an alternate future but it was a canon present until it was reset. If that makes sense.

#10 Edited by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35 said:

It's not an alternate reality, it is a reset. That stuff happened but everything was set back to the way it was (twice). The Council of Godheads entry to the Marvel Handbooks (and many other entries to featured characters) refer to the events of The End as canon but note that events were "reset". So, yes, now it is an alternate future but it was a canon present until it was reset. If that makes sense.

It was never reset (EDIT: as it the reset did not change the name of the reality), and what we saw during Marvel: The End was indeed non canon and in an alternate reality.

I know that for a fact, because i asked Tom Brevroot marvel editor in chief and he said its not canon, it was never meant to be canon, because its a part of "The End" verse none of which are canon to 616 reality.

Furthermore, marvel handbook clearly refers to the even taking place in Reality 4321

Sadly when Jim Starlin wrote the issue he wrote it thinking it was meant to be canon, and that is why you see a reference to in on Thanos 01, he also addressed it as if it was canon in one of his interview.

The interview byitself marvel would have totally ignored and still have labelled the story non-canon, the problem was Starlin actually clear as day, referred to the story in Thanos 01.

In order to get around that problem, marvel put in a hax code saying some part of that was replicated in 616 reality, we however dont know to what extent the feat was replicated.

I know this is weird and plain lazy from marvel part, but after 2006 marvel considers it non canon. Someone asked the same question to Jonathan Hickman on formspring and he said to was non canon as well , although word of the chief marvel editor is the one that stands out anyways, after all he is the biggest authority when it comes to publishing and classifying marvel comics at the moment.

#11 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Oh god, you legitimately refer to Tom Brevoort as a source of clarifaction and continuity. I'm really sorry to hear that.

#12 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: I'm sure the Spider-Man marriage reset functions the same way, though. Pretty apt comparison. I see no reason why The End isn't canon other than one lazy man who doesn't work saying so. Brevoort also says Rick Jones wasn't an Avenger and people only want to see Hank Pym in Avengers comics for nostalgia.

(That Council of Godheads entry from the 2011 paperback handbook:

#13 Posted by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35 said:

@killemall: Oh god, you legitimately refer to Tom Brevoort as a source of clarifaction and continuity. I'm really sorry to hear that.

He is the marvel editor in chief so i would assume he knows what he is talking about in terms of contuinity, rest he gets character power level there or there abouts.

@x35 said:

@killemall: I'm sure the Spider-Man marriage reset functions the same way, though. Pretty apt comparison.

It did create 2 different reality.

I see no reason why The End isn't canon other than one lazy man who doesn't work saying so.

Well Marvel Handbook 2006 goes far to give you the reality number, and even goes on to say the same thing, to some extent happened in 616 (thereby effectively saying it wasnt reality 4231 that was changed to reality 616 or vice-versa).

I would say thats pretty official.

And Hickman also said the same thing i just dont have his conversation saved because i wasnt the one asking the question.

(That Council of Godheads entry from the 2011 paperback handbook:

That doesnt contradict anything though, we know some of the event did transpire in Reality 616 , i even posted the bio explaining exactly that, so its reference in a bio isnt surprising.

See the part below:

In order to get around that problem, marvel put in a hax code saying some part of that was replicated in 616 reality, we however dont know to what extent the feat was replicated.

#14 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

very nicely done......gotta say im disappointed with Zeus though, definitely not on Odin's level.

#15 Posted by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Thanks and yeah dont think he is, he really doesnt have feats on that level, like at all.

#16 Edited by ShootingNova (15499 posts) - - Show Bio

As usual, a nice job. Still reading the post....

#17 Edited by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome stuff :)

I just thought I'd point out you wrote Incredible Hulk instead of Incredible Hercules here.

Incredible Hulk 136: In the body of a kid, one shotted a giant who was meant to be (by words alone no feat nothing to back it up) the most powerful Dark Elf

#18 Edited by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb: Thank you :) and yes its incredible Hercules... wrong issue numbering.

BTW absolutely love your avatar, i am a hugeeee Thanos fan, and that pic is creepy , funny and awesome all at the same time.

#19 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: have Zeusand Odin ever actually fought?

#20 Edited by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@killemall: have Zeusand Odin ever actually fought?

There is a mention of Olympus and Asgard having a war for a long time in some distant past mentioned during Thor Annual 08 as well as The Mighty Thor 290-293, however we have never seen the 2 of them fight on panel , at least not in 616 reality.

I have not read every Zeus appearances in other realities.

#21 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17260 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: hey speaking of thanos, you excited for Infinity, and do you like Thanos rising?

#22 Posted by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: hey speaking of thanos, you excited for Infinity, and do you like Thanos rising?

Totally man, very excited specially because Hickman said this year its all about Thanos, and Tom Brevroot said Infinity is going to remind comic book fan that Thanos is the biggest and purplest threat there is.

Besides we know Inbetweener and Living Tribunal are involved in infinity, however the involvement of Galactus and Surfer is uncertain but unlikely to happen, will make a nice story. You know its freakin big when Living Tribunal himself is involved.

Thanos Rising 01 was good, 02 is going to be about Teen thanos, honestly i am more excited about it.

Apart from 03 its going to go back and forth in time, its an idea i dont like, but hey could can have a comics all about thanos walking up and down and i'd still like it :p

#23 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17260 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

Totally man, very excited specially because Hickman said this year its all about Thanos, and Tom Brevroot said Infinity is going to remind comic book fan that Thanos is the biggest and purplest threat there is.

Besides we know Inbetweener and Living Tribunal are involved in infinity, however the involvement of Galactus and Surfer is uncertain but unlikely to happen, will make a nice story. You know its freakin big when Living Tribunal himself is involved.

Thanos Rising 01 was good, 02 is going to be about Teen thanos, honestly i am more excited about it.

Apart from 03 its going to go back and forth in time, its an idea i dont like, but hey could can have a comics all about thanos walking up and down and i'd still like it :p

well thats good news :P, i know thanos is your top favorite character, and after bendis ruined him a bit in avengers assemble it's bout time Thanos kicked some serious ass, maybe hulk will get some good shots at him before getting blasted away lol

as for Thanos rising, i have my issue against Jason aaron, and i don't really like his work but since he did really well with thor i am hoping his thanos will be just as good :D

#24 Posted by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I don't mind Aaron or Bendis, they tend to bring interesting stuffs just mess up with people power level, and Thanos Rising is about why Thanos became Thanos, its not meant to demonstrate how power he is, because it is before he actually becomes what he is.

The AR content on Thanos Rising 01, the second one, was pretty cool.

#25 Edited by TheAcidSkull (17260 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I don't mind Aaron or Bendis, they tend to bring interesting stuffs just mess up with people power level, and Thanos Rising is about why Thanos became Thanos, its not meant to demonstrate how power he is, because it is before he actually becomes what he is.

The AR content on Thanos Rising 01, the second one, was pretty cool.

well aaron has more potential ( even though i am still mad abut his hulk) of being better and he is definitely using that potential in Marvel now, though bendis...eehhh not much of a big fan of him :P

Oh i know that :D, i was talking about infinity! i'm sure Thanos will kick some serious Arse there ! and this time he'd be written well in terms of power levels :P

#26 Edited by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Oh cool, although Hickman is the lead man for Infinity , he is the leading writer and Brevroot the chief editor.

#27 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17260 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Oh cool, although Hickman is the lead man for Infinity , he is the leading writer and Brevroot the chief editor.

OHHHH i must of mixed it up, well hickman does like writing powerful characters.

#28 Posted by ShootingNova (15499 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: You said there was a 2-page battle between Zeus and Poseidon, do you have the scans?

#29 Posted by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: You said there was a 2-page battle between Zeus and Poseidon, do you have the scans?

I thought i agreed against that on the other thread, Neptune chronology.

I originally though there were, based on reading other people's arguments.

I finish reading every appearance of Zeus and Poseidon, they have never actually fought on 616 reality once, all that happened was Zeus shouted Poseidon left scared.

I have not read their appearances outside 616.

#30 Posted by ShootingNova (15499 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Yeah, its more or less wiki. Not sure if its true, but apparently Poseidon created force fields that could deflect Zeus's attacks.

#31 Edited by PowerHerc (81580 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice job.

Zeus was actually killed in the Ares mini-series.

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91108 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome. Surprised anyone even read "Venus" to get scans from it.

#33 Posted by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: Thanks. And yes he was killed in Ares, for some reason i realized i deleted my digital version of that, so thought i would put this one. Suppose its enough after all it was never a fight, it was a clean slaughter from Mikaboshi.

@vance_astro:Say what you will, i have nearly the full collection of Venus series and its amazing :)

#34 Edited by Vance Astro (91108 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@vance_astro:Say what you will, i have nearly the full collection of Venus series and its amazing :)

If I was able to locate it, I would probably be saying the same. Venus is one of my favorite characters.

#35 Posted by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: Same here (wouldnt call her the favourite, that spot for me is reserved for Thanos :p but love her classic issues). I might do a Venus chronology once i finish with the one i am doing atm, Stranger.

I started making this chronology threads for fun, its pretty interesting once you start doing. I have made 14 so far, 15 on the way and i am kind of running out of suggestion, if there is any character with only 100 or so appearance and you would like a chronology done let me know.

#36 Edited by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@x35: Hi dude...which comic is this?? in which series?...is this in incredible hercules saga?...could you please tell me the issue and comic name in full thank you...

#37 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by kidThunder (70 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by ShootingNova (15499 posts) - - Show Bio