Zack Snyder Discusses 'Justice League' Film and how the Solo Films Will Connect

• 155 results
Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mrtummytumms: All those films had a 70% or higher on Rotten Tomatoes from critics. Critics matter because they are the only ones that can either make or break your career, film making is an art form. Like all art forms, you need judgmental beret wearing men and women to criticize you like nobody's business.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He better give me my money's worth. I'm tired of bad directors and writers making terrible films, we have so many already.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfundroid: so now rotten tomatoes is the only outlet that matters? If they were the ones that make or brake a career then why is Snyder still making movies? 300, watchmen, even MoS despite the controversy are considered to be great movies despite what they critics say.

Duzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms: All those films had a 70% or higher on Rotten Tomatoes from critics. Critics matter because they are the only ones that can either make or break your career, film making is an art form. Like all art forms, you need judgmental beret wearing men and women to criticize you like nobody's business.

We don't need critics now a days anymore. Now a days anyone with a blog, a face book or even a twitter account can become a critic. It's not that hard.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: No, but then again he's not saying, "Lol this is dumb".

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leatherface003: its true what you say about bryan singer although the x-men exist in their own universe and haven't crossed over with any non mutant related super heroes or established that non mutant superpowers exist yet .... I am referring to the shared universe thing with different properties ...Nolan's batman was in a much more grounded universe than Snyder's ...in nolans batman trilogy nobody had any super human powers ,,,,marvel has gods, aliens , the hulk, antman, etc.,,,,and as for my opinion ?? isn't what were all doing here voicing opinions? don't be so quick to invalidate anyone's opinion...this is in fact a forum for opinions ...comments are opinions

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

@kfabz-23: I personally hated what he did with Watchmen,but I think this is something that his style will work better towards. I am excited and I think he will do a good job.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms: All I know is that after doing my IT degree, I'm going to go into a script writing degree and I need to keep up with what "the people" look for in a great film. I'm so judgemental of Zack Snyder because time and time again, I've given him the benefit of the doubt just to be disappointed all over again. So my walls are up, though I will give him praise if this film is good according to my own criticism and those of many everywhere else. I mean, that's what makes a good artist these days :D Yeah, that's pretty much it from my side.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Asgaard

@_mongul said:

@asgaard: No, but then again he's not saying, "Lol this is dumb".

I understand that we want the best for our fav. characters in their live action adaptations, but this every news just can be awesome, critics opinions doesn't matter, MoS was well received by all the audiences it's just boring, because i don't believe that you guys believe in what you are writing, and comicvine will not change the general audiences perception of anything... Why would i keep saying that critics don't have solid points on Thor 2, they obviously do, i think some critics should be criticized when they judge a movie for preferences like many did with Ant-Man reviews always focusing on Edgar Wright exit and not the movie content, but don't you accept some critics that were made to MoS storytelling or plot?

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I have no issue with people having an opinion on MoS, I just have a different opinion most of the time and want to voice that.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@_mongul said:

@cgoodness: Clearly you don't.

Let the jimmies continue to rustle through you

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zach Snyder "And then there will be explosions, and then everything goes into slow motion and a building gets destroyed. Some people look sad. and repeat."

Yep. Warner Brothers Studios and Zack Snyder are nothing but talk and no action when it comes to making a good movie.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdetective27: I'm extremely confident with what Snyder is doing with BvS. The last 3 times I had such confidence in movies were Gone Girl, X-Men DOFP & Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

@kfabz-23: Thats a pretty good track record.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

@asgaard: I have no issue with people having an opinion on MoS, I just have a different opinion most of the time and want to voice that.

O.K. But what about also accept some news as potentially not so good? Because even Hollywood major studios aren't always right...

Ex. Vacation (2015 film) currently has 29% in RT that are potentially bad news for the Mcu, because Marvel/Sony just hired Vacation writers (John Francis Daley Jonathan Goldstein) to write the new Spider Man movie...

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: Careful what you post... People can read, LOL. Not as hostile or entertaining as past forums about the DCCU.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I don't think this is bad news, though. I think it's good news.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: Wait, you're rooting for the DCCU aren't you? No wonder this is good news for you, LOL...

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfundroid: I really don't understand how this could be interpreted as bad news.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: I was referring to the whole writers of the Vacation film being really bad and MCU potentially having a really bad film comment. Though, I shall give Zack Snyder one more chance to redeem himself after that MoS bore.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Nothing new here. It was kind of self explanatory..

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many young Snyder defenders. So odd.

I hope he makes something that is just as well thought out and gripping as it is visually appealing.

There's a first time for everything.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bukdiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: I'm surprised a lot of people seem to like him myself. Hopefully he proves us "doubters" wrong, but I don't have any high hopes for this.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bukdiah said:

@muyjingo: I'm surprised a lot of people seem to like him myself. Hopefully he proves us "doubters" wrong, but I don't have any high hopes for this.

I would guess it's due to a younger crowd maybe growing up with some of his films, which admittedly can look very cool. Or that that is all that some people care about.

It would be some topsy turvey world if most people consider him a good director on all the merits a good director should be judged.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:
@_mongul said:

@sprior93: You're embarassing yourself.

Agreed, DC can do no wrong.

THis will prevent IM3 type DC movies

You mean like Green Lantern, Steel or Catwoman ?

bukdiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: I'm not a film buff by any means (did take a film appreciation class to learn things like MacGuffins, etc) and am pretty young myself, but not a huge fan of Snyder. I liked 300 when I was in high school, but it was just slow motion ad nausea. Even though I liked the Watchmen books, I could never make it through the movie lol. Action for the sake of action doesn't do it for me anymore.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

The Hollywood reporter has a different perspective, and in my personal opinion Zack Snyder shouldn't direct the Justice League movies, WB is risking the all universe with one director that didn't prove himself yet...

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't really get why everyone keeps on comparing the MCU and the DCEU with each other. Yeah yeah I know rivalry has stretched between them since forever but they obviously have different plans.

And to the shared universe... Marvel has been the pioneer for a shared universe in films but I only see it as them taking a comic book feature to the films before DC did it. It's not as if they invented it.

if videogames have taught me anything, it's that everything's better with a wide-open sandbox!

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Good for you and some Hollywood Reporter. I disagree.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Took em long enough to try and catch up with Marvel

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bukdiah said:

@muyjingo: I'm not a film buff by any means (did take a film appreciation class to learn things like MacGuffins, etc) and am pretty young myself, but not a huge fan of Snyder. I liked 300 when I was in high school, but it was just slow motion ad nausea. Even though I liked the Watchmen books, I could never make it through the movie lol. Action for the sake of action doesn't do it for me anymore.

Yeah...I don't see Snyder as being relevant 10 years from now...but I hope I'm wrong. I hope he knocks BvS out of the park.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Asgaard

@_mongul said:

@asgaard: Good for you and some Hollywood Reporter. I disagree.

I guess @cgoodness: has a point, because if you read your posts you weren't able to add anything to the thread, what is the difference regarding @sprior93: post?

He said "sounds dumb", and you basically said and always will say "sounds awesome"...

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By _Mongul

@asgaard: Because I enjoy more serious, giant-sandbox superhero movies where one action ripples across multiple movies? Because I enjoy characters facing consequences and watching them change according to them? Because I appreciate Snyder's genuine enthusiasm for making these films, and creating the best interpretations he can?

I'm sorry that I don't agree with your and some random hollywood reporter's opinion. Maybe you should get over it, because I won't change my opinion.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#87  Edited By ccraft

@ccraft said:
@_mongul said:

All great... films

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Looks like they've got a vision for this whole thing. That's definitely step one. As someone who enjoyed MoS I'm looking forward to this version of the DC Universe. Definitely really different than the comic universe but I've got no problem with that, as long as we get a good time at the movies out of it.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
@_mongul said:

The Hollywood reporter has a different perspective, and in my personal opinion Zack Snyder shouldn't direct the Justice League movies, WB is risking the all universe with one director that didn't prove himself yet...

He has better track record than russo bros and James Gunn...and talk about risk MoS is a financial success and that's all studios need.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:
@cheesesticks said:
@ccraft said:
@_mongul said:

All great... films

Lol... sure... :P

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So much butt hurt in the comments.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul:

You didn't get the message, i was just trying to demonstrate to you that there is no difference between positive or negative default opinions...

@asgaard said:
@_mongul said:

He has better track record than russo bros and James Gunn...and talk about risk MoS is a financial success and that's all studios need.

By default...

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of opinions here. I have faith in these upcoming movies. I love MoS. One of my favorite CBM of all time.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: What does that even mean? What are you talking about?

I don't even think you understand your point.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this was a great rewording of news we were already told by WB at some point.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Hopefully it will executed perfectly.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By MAZAHS117

I like the "sandbox" analogy

TheValiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zach Snyder "And then there will be explosions, and then everything goes into slow motion and a building gets destroyed. Some people look sad. and repeat."

This...

I want these movies to be good... but then I remember who the director is.

If we have learned anything in the last 100+ years of film, at the end of the day all the money, good acting, cool ideas in the world wont overcome a poor director...

TheValiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfundroid: if critic reviews really mattered, that means none of the iron man movies are good and AoU isn't a good movie.

Rotten Tomatoes disagrees. 94% positive for 1, 72% for 2, and 79% for 3.

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By blastaar
@butters911 said:

This...

I want these movies to be good... but then I remember who the director is.

If we have learned anything in the last 100+ years of film, at the end of the day all the money, good acting, cool ideas in the world wont overcome a poor director...

Let's not act like Snyder is total trash. He has made some great films. I thought Man of Steel was so good. I use to dream of a Superman movie with that kind of action brought to life on the big screen and it delivered on every level.