inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

In this month's issue of Empire magazine, director Zack Snyder, along with a few producers, went a bit more in depth into the upcoming Justice League movie, as well as how the DC Universe films will all be connected. Transcribed by Superherohype, Synder described how these films work together for what they're calling an "extended universe."

"What we are doing is ground up all the way. It is one giant story. The first thing we had was the Justice League concept. The other movies, in a way, have to support that. That is our Wonder Woman, our Aquaman. They have their own creative concepts that supports them, but they do serve Justice League in the coming together of those heroes."

As for other directors coming on to play in this universe, Synder wants them to have the ability to do what they want to do.

"I want all the other directors of the other films to be able to stretch their legs and do what they want, but at the same time there is a big interconnected universe. I have given everyone amazing access to our story, to me, and what we are doing. All the films have like minded conceptual jumping on points."

He went on to say that fans will understand why Aquaman exists when they watch Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Producer Charles Roven went on to discuss the universe and how it all works in the grand scheme of things.

"We call it the sandbox. It has borders around it, but everybody gets to play in the sandbox. On Suicide Squad, David Ayer has a lot of specific control over his area of the sandbox. Even if he crosses the line a little bit, we see if we can push our boundaries back a little bit."

From the sound of it, the DC extended universe is allowing a little bit more freedom for their films and directors, but could that be something that comes back to bite them, since everything is tied to a specific continuity? It's too early to know, but Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, the first film to really tie this new universe together, comes to theaters on March 25, 2016.

iDramedy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am first!!! For the first time lol

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they're smart about different time periods like there seems to be.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I'm so curious to see how this works out. And I'm glad DC/WB has some kind of a plan.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Sounds like it could work.

iDramedy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iDramedy007

This going to be Snyder's biggest film and I am optimistic that it will be his best to date. I expect BvS to hit at least 70% on RT. With that score or higher, I am 100% sure it will make Avengers-1 money. This movie needs to break records left and right... For the DCEU to make a big entrance!

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Doc-Holiday

They can use the Avengers method as a nice road map for how to connect films and add their own twists, I am looking forward to the Wonder Woman movie

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

sounds dumb

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

This going to be Snyder's biggest film and I am optimistic that it will be his best to date. I expect BvS to hit at least 70% on RT. With that score or higher, I am 100% sure it will make Avengers-1 money. This movie needs to break records left and right... For the DCEU to make a big entrance!

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

only 4 more years till shazam!!

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: it's basically the same as the MCU. And the MCU is one of the biggest achievements in Hollywood history.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Yes. Trolling should be subtle, it's not "act stupid and make people think I'm stupid."

It's really embarassing for you.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: I'm not trolling, and I'm not embarrassed. You're the one accusing me of being disingenuous simply because you don't like my opinion -- who's the troll?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

sounds dumb

@_mongul said:

@sprior93: Yes. Trolling should be subtle, it's not "act stupid and make people think I'm stupid."

It's really embarassing for you.

.......you escalated a 2 worded post.......that was a bigger troll move than the original post.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TLDR: "You know how Marvel did their films? Yeah, we're doing what they did."

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

if videogames have taught me anything, it's that everything's better with a wide-open sandbox!

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cream_God

if videogames have taught me anything, it's that everything's better with a wide-open sandbox!

Praise Minecraft, may all us 12 year old build in eternal bliss

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TLDR: "You know how Marvel did their films? Yeah, we're doing what they did."

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idramedy007: He hasn't had a film above 70% or anywhere near close to that on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes since his first film... 11 years ago... So I am certainly worried and concerned about his track record and how that's going to seep into the DCCU.

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@docholiday: they are clearly not doing the marvel or avengers method. Im happy about that.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zach Snyder "And then there will be explosions, and then everything goes into slow motion and a building gets destroyed. Some people look sad. and repeat."

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

@docholiday: they are clearly not doing the marvel or avengers method. Im happy about that.

I said "road map", like referencing one another in the films, connecting them by having one person from one film meet another, which they seem to be doing

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It really won't matter if Batman v Superman is good or not it's going to make a crap ton of money just because of the title,basically DC just needs to put batman in the title of all the movies and they will make money probably

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By righteous300

@mfundroid: critic reviews don't mean jack. His critic reviews may be low but his user reviews are pretty high on most of his movies

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul said:

@sprior93: You're embarassing yourself.

Agreed, DC can do no wrong.

THis will prevent IM3 type DC movies

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I'm really excited that Snyder said each director will get stretching room for creativity. It sounds like they're not as strict as Marvel is, and that means more creative ideas.

I also think it's really smart to have the stand alones jumping on point. It sounds like you don't need to watch every film, but every film brings in a new layer you may not have noticed.

I wish DC and all their projects as much luck as possible, and hope they will someday stand as tall or taller than Marvel!

bukdiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's pretty shitty, but we'll see how it goes. I'm expecting a lot of style over substance, but if they do the Batman vs Superman fight right....I wouldn't walk out the theater too mad.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By _Mongul

@cgoodness: I don't think you understand what trolling is.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It can be bad for the story though.

mikeg1965

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only thing with DC's Method that concerns me is that if the Characters are not portrayed properly in this Movie it could potentially Wreck Solo Outtings. Doing it the other way around at-least you could take into consideration Feedback and incorporate it into Justice League.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Spambot

They are really just following the mcu method to build solo movies around the big property(in this case BvS which leads to JL). It only makes sense to do so. Its like having a giant event in comics that forces you to read other titles that tie into it. The movies are mirroring what they do in the comics.

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You had a good run Marvel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing new here. It was kind of self explanatory..

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_mongul: I think I do, I've gotten a certain troll with multiple accounts repeatedly banned

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@amazingwebhead said:

It can be bad for the story though.

CAN be. not always

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they have no jokes in it.I'm tired of of crappy ass one liners.I want action and destruction. Please stop comparing MCU to DCU.Their not even the same besides being related to comics.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the opposite of what Marvel did? Okay...I'm pretty sure we got that when you announced Justice League then the stand-alone movies, but hey if you wanna pretend this is revolutionary by all means.

That being said it shouldn't be I expect this universe to be better than Marvels they sat on their asses and watched Marvel make movies like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man they've seen Marvel go through 2 phases if they can't see that and see what people like or dislike about it and improve upon it to me that would be a massive failure.

(Think of it in terms of when Marvel got popular in the 60s they looked at what came before and improved on it that why they became some popular, though to be fair they also did that with the movies when DC/WB was busy pimping out Batman and Superman for years. Now it's up to DC/WB to do the same and learn from what came before)

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My concern is Snyder becoming a Fiege. He says he'll let directors do their own thing, but I have a feeling that if it comes at the expense of Snyder's own personal fanboy universe it will be nixed.

Him producing Wonder Woman sounds like "babysitting". I understand the need to make sure stories connect in a way for the Justice League, but it should be just for the Justice League struggle, not at the expense of the personal stories of the characters. As soon as he makes Batman a character in the Wonder Woman solo movie because it "connects" is the moment I shut the book on the DCCU.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms: Okay then by that statement Michael Bay is all the rage and totes deserve Academy, Golden Globe and Critics Choice themed awards. That's how I see it.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bukdiah: You totally get me! I just hope the film is good in general.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many Snyder haters. Just go watch Watchmen.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though marvel and DC are competitors Dc is kind of building on the hype machine marvel built ,,,because marvel basically created the expanded universe genre so now that its a proven winning formula DC will benefit from all the hard work marvel did....to most non comicbook fans batman is more iconic than the entire roster of the avengers ...the batman symbol alone is iconic ...its universally recognized in American pop culture...the superman symbol too marvel has nothing even close to that ... batman and superman are huge properties... I think the batman vs superman movie will break box office records as for the rest of the movies we will see ...wonderwoman will probably be huge as well ..I love avengers ,I love marvel too but batman is on a whole different level as far as popularity ,,,by the time DC gets started people will be ready for something new ,,,also the marvel expanded universe thing marvel has is great but it feels like you have to watch 10 movies to understand what's going on its a lot to keep up with now

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mfundroid: if critic reviews really mattered, that means none of the iron man movies are good and AoU isn't a good movie.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am loving these comments...He and Chris Terrio will make something amazing....This is the guy chosen by Nolan and in words of John Schnepp Snyder gets it he tottaly gets the theme. and so nice to see change of pace. can't for SDCC2016 where two Titan will face Marvel and DC and the announcement will come and we will see JL for the first time just like we saw Avengers couple of years back.

Critics score are shit. RT is the site who gave Lucy better rating than MOS. companies make movie for general public not critics... critics can say whatever they want public's mentality won't change.People will see what they love won't see what they don't like and MoS no proves that people like DC universe stuff same as Marvel stuff

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sasquatch888: you opinion is invalid. on that note Bryan Singer with his X Men universe and The Dark Knight Trilogy brought the Genre to the light again. so saying one did hard work and one didn't really not an valid argument