• 0 results
#1 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

You are on the computer one fine day when a magical being pops right behind you. He says that he has the power to bend reality and turn the world into one of three choices:

Yu Gi Oh: Yu Gi Oh is a big card game success. Like in the TV show, you can duel on the streets, win prizes, appear on TV as a celebrity, and so on. (Think o Star Craft in Korea, except in the world with better technology.)

Pokemon: Same as the TV show, where at 10, you are sent out into the world to become a Pokemon trainer and fight gym leaders. You can stop training at any time.(There are all the Pokemon from each season, just in different regions.)

Digimon: Like the show, you and a some friends(there also might be other tamers out there) now about the Digital World. You have a partner and a Digivice that you can use to enter the world at any time and help your Digimon digivolve

What world would you chose and why?

Extra Credit: If not these, what show would you want the world like and why?

#2 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrong place you should post it on Animevice

#3 Edited by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF: i know, but id like to see more of a comic book nerd take on it. nerds are way more invested into alternate realities, anime nerds arent as much, to me, they are more invested in stories, not how they would be interpreted in real life, they are more interested in not really concepts brought in real life because anime is so different

#4 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Digimon easy. I suck at trading card games and i'd rather have one awesome partner than try to get everyone ever. It's like Tai said "Agumon was the greatest Christmas present ever"

#5 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e:

Sorry but I have to betray Project Digimon Return on this one. Pokemon seems significantly less dangerous to actually live, plus less of my friends would die

#6 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Superguy0009e:

Sorry but I have to betray Project Digimon Return on this one. Pokemon seems significantly less dangerous to actually live, plus less of my friends would die

Yeah but do you really want to be attacked by random monsters every time you step in the grass?

#7 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7529 posts) - - Show Bio

Pokemon.

#8 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: @BiteMe-Fanboy: fair enough, but i feel being sent out at 10 to fight monsters in the wild is a bit crazy

#9 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7529 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superguy0009e said:

@BlackArmor: @BiteMe-Fanboy: fair enough, but i feel being sent out at 10 to fight monsters in the wild is a bit crazy

Must not be that hard of a job, since they expect you to be able to do it at age 10.

#10 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Digimon or Pokemon, I might sway towards Digimon more though seeing as I always liked the friendship between you and your Digimon over catching and training different Pokemon. But it would be fun to instead of going to school, travel around the world, meet different people, and catch a bunch of different creatures and what not.

Yu-Gi-Oh! on the other hand...the last thing I want is for my soul to be trapped inside a little card after losing a game with my friends... O_O

#11 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy: u know, i dont ive used this world appropriatly until now, but tuschae

#12 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe said:

Yeah but do you really want to be attacked by random monsters every time you step in the grass?

True, but the inhabitants of pokemon seem to have some superhuman resistance to elemental attacks like being hit with enough electricity to light a city or with hot enough fire to canonlly melt rock, so I'm not that worried. Plus while I haven't watched it since the Jotto region if I remember correctly in the anime version vs. the game pokemon are generally friendly and its humans who engage them in battle versus being attacked.

@Superguy0009e said:

I think that would be awesome if you had the supplies and the occasional human traveling companion (of course along with 6 pokemon) even though I would usually travel alone

As for Yugioh I definitely wouldn't want to live there but I would love if the card game became popular again, I was awesome at that game

#13 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

Pokemon and Digi would get boring

Yu-Gi-Oh

Though I would choose none of these

And make our world be like Avatar

#14 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Pokemon, no contest. In a world where my best friend could be a Charizard, I really don't give a flying fudge what the other worlds have to offer.

#15 Posted by The_Tree (7191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Pokemon, no contest. In a world where my best friend could be a Charizard, I really don't give a flying fudge what the other worlds have to offer.

^Pretty much this.

#16 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil said:
Now THAT would be awesome, I'd love to have to the ability to bend the elements! :D
#17 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Exactly. I think in a world with Avatar, world piece would be more achievable

#18 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3846 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:
Now THAT would be awesome, I'd love to have to the ability to bend the elements! :D

I second that. As a matter of fact if you could be a bender which one would you be I choose air

#19 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I second that. As a matter of fact if you could be a bender which one would you be I choose air

Fire because my favorite character is Zuko

#20 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I'd go with bending water.
#21 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: Fire its gotta be fire.

#22 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Air for me, generally my favorite element is Fire and Lightning makes it 10 times better but after 100's of cannon-fodder Fire benders I feel like the element is kind of week

#23 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Air for me, generally my favorite element is Fire and Lightning makes it 10 times better but after 100's of cannon-fodder Fire benders I feel like the element is kind of week

Outside of Zuko, Iroh, Ozai, Azula, & Zhao there's not much firebenders

#24 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: Not many named Fire Benders and even less skilled ones but there were hundred of incompetent unnamed guards and soldiers who were fire benders, and they were so easy to take down I became completely disillusioned about the element

#25 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I've got to go with Earth...just simply awesome to see someone chuck huge boulders towards someone

#26 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Jnr6Lil: Not many named Fire Benders and even less skilled ones but there were hundred of incompetent unnamed guards and soldiers who were fire benders, and they were so easy to take down I became completely disillusioned about the element

The same could be said for the other 3 nations and their guards

Oh I forgot Jeong Jeong

Zuko, Iroh, Ozai, Azula, Jeong Jeong, Zhao

#27 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@BlackArmor said:

Oh I forgot Jeong Jeong

Partially true, there are very few incompetent earth benders even though they are a couple in the series, and while all the air benders were wiped out it is suggested that they were heavily out numbered and also taken by surprise, so you could say there were no incompetent air benders at all, at least none were seen. The Water Nation have the second highest rate of incompetent bend they also have the second lowest rate of living benders and have been oppressed since the before the series started so they kind of have an excuse. The Fire benders have abundant resources to learn (while water scrolls are incredibly rare and there are virtually no teachers or masters) along with them actually being encouraged to become benders so they have no excuse.

#28 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Being the dominate power they became complacent ^_^

as for the thread,

Pokeman,cause the fate of the world doesn't depend on a card game

#29 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Pokémon. Easiest decision EVER!

#30 Posted by CaptainUseless (730 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember being pretty average at Yu-Gi-Oh, so I'll say Pokemon, as I'm quite good at the games (The world of Digimon seems far too dangerous for me) . 

#31 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Pokemon, no contest. In a world where my best friend could be a Charizard, I really don't give a flying fudge what the other worlds have to offer.

And no more need for the forever alone meme! :P

#32 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32623 posts) - - Show Bio

Digimon FTW

#33 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: Fair point

#34 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: With two out of 3 Enemies wiped out, being the more advanced country and army, the low level guys became lazy and over confident,thinking they had the world won.

#35 Posted by War Killer (19944 posts) - - Show Bio

It's official: I'm going with the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra.

#36 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: it's always f!!!n card games....

#37 Posted by The Stegman (22992 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I don't think my ten year old self would do very well out in the world alone...so Pokemon is out 

The digital world is terrifying, so no Digimon 

And I DO play Yu Gi Oh, and i'm pretty good at it...so I pick that one.

#38 Posted by The Stegman (22992 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor:  

@Jnr6Lil said:

@BlackArmor said:

Oh I forgot Jeong Jeong

Partially true, there are very few incompetent earth benders even though they are a couple in the series, and while all the air benders were wiped out it is suggested that they were heavily out numbered and also taken by surprise, so you could say there were no incompetent air benders at all, at least none were seen. The Water Nation have the second highest rate of incompetent bend they also have the second lowest rate of living benders and have been oppressed since the before the series started so they kind of have an excuse. The Fire benders have abundant resources to learn (while water scrolls are incredibly rare and there are virtually no teachers or masters) along with them actually being encouraged to become benders so they have no excuse. 

Well, the show's creators say it again and again that all four elements are equal in strength, it depends on the user as to how powerful they are. Yes, the Fire Nation is the bad guy, and the Aang Gang are the good ones, so they take out fodder Fire Nation soldiers quite easily, but if you think about it, besides Air, fire is the most easily accessible element, it can be created on the drop of a dime, you can use it to manipulate already existing flames, the things that competent benders can do with it are amazing. Like you said, the fire BENDERS have no excuse, maybe the soliders aren't as compentent with their element as their opponents are with their's. I mean when you put masters like Aang, Katara or Toph up against a regular firebender, of course they will win. the same could be said in vice versa when Zuko easily defeated a fodder Earth Bender character in "Zuko Alone"  

Annnnnyway, if I had to choose an element, I'd pick Air, it is my birth element, and I could use it to fly, which is pretty awesome.
#39 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I choose Pokemon because there is less of being the chosen one or following destiny excuses. There are exceptions which they should doing less since it takes the lore away. The world is in more depth it not always the end of the world when they come. You can be practical with Pokemon.

#40 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Well, the show's creators say it again and again that all four elements are equal in strength, it depends on the user as to how powerful they are. Yes, the Fire Nation is the bad guy, and the Aang Gang are the good ones, so they take out fodder Fire Nation soldiers quite easily, but if you think about it, besides Air, fire is the most easily accessible element, it can be created on the drop of a dime, you can use it to manipulate already existing flames, the things that competent benders can do with it are amazing. Like you said, the fire BENDERS have no excuse, maybe the soliders aren't as compentent with their element as their opponents are with their's. I mean when you put masters like Aang, Katara or Toph up against a regular firebender, of course they will win. the same could be said in vice versa when Zuko easily defeated a fodder Earth Bender character in "Zuko Alone" Annnnnyway, if I had to choose an element, I'd pick Air, it is my birth element, and I could use it to fly, which is pretty awesome.

I didn't know that all the elements were equal in strength, I figured fire and earth would out do air and water but that air and water would make up for it with adaptability. Anyway everything you sad was true, maybe the fire nation needs to up the difficulty of their training program

#41 Posted by The Stegman (22992 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor:  

Lol yes, the Fire Nation were slacking. but watch Legend of Korra, it just aired, and they show the bending elements in a much more balanced light, as a matter of fact, they have tournaments where the benders of equal talents go head to head, it's pretty cool.
#42 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

Digimon.

#43 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Yeah I saw about 20 minutes of the hour premier and a clip of the arena part, The spar at the beginning seemed much less over the top but still cool so I'm looking forward to getting to finish it and seeing how bending has evolved

#44 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: How are they incompetent, No offense but I'm confused on the point you're trying to prove

@The Stegman said:

@BlackArmor:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@BlackArmor said:

Oh I forgot Jeong Jeong

Well, the show's creators say it again and again that all four elements are equal in strength, it depends on the user as to how powerful they are. Yes, the Fire Nation is the bad guy, and the Aang Gang are the good ones, so they take out fodder Fire Nation soldiers quite easily, but if you think about it, besides Air, fire is the most easily accessible element, it can be created on the drop of a dime, you can use it to manipulate already existing flames, the things that competent benders can do with it are amazing. Like you said, the fire BENDERS have no excuse, maybe the soliders aren't as compentent with their element as their opponents are with their's. I mean when you put masters like Aang, Katara or Toph up against a regular firebender, of course they will win. the same could be said in vice versa when Zuko easily defeated a fodder Earth Bender character in "Zuko Alone" Annnnnyway, if I had to choose an element, I'd pick Air, it is my birth element, and I could use it to fly, which is pretty awesome.

I have to say the creators of Avatar ridiculously overpowered the Firebenders. Not only because they can create fire from thin air (unrealistic), they usually have the strongest characters. Let's do a roster count.

Air: Aang, Gyatso

Water: Katara, Hama, Pakku, Foggy Swamp,

Earth: Toph, Bumi, Haru, Long Feng

Fire: Zuko, Zhao, Jeong Jeong, Azula, Ozai, Iroh,

Look at the differences. Add that to the fact they gave the Firebenders Lightning while all Water and Earth get is Metalbending which is only Toph, and Plantbending, and Bloodbending. Though Bloodbending was a nice one.

#45 Posted by The Stegman (22992 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil: How is creating Fire out of thin air unrealistic? the reason they can create it is because fire itself is created, unlike water, earth and air, it doesn't naturally occur, it has to be made. And I wouldn't say they have the STRONGEST characters, Aang has beaten Zuko several times with just airbending, I also think Katara and Toph could pull it off. same with the masters, Jeong Jeong isn't necessarily more powerful than Pakku, or Bumi. 

As for lightning, not all firebenders can use it, matter of fact, only three have shown it, just like metal bending or blood bending, it comes with practice. I think the creators were right in saying no bending art is more or less powerful than the other, it is all dependent on the user.
#46 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: With fire you need oxygen, heat and fuel. Them making it our of their thin hands is so unrealistic. And yes I would say they have the strongest characters. An Azula that's sane unlike she was during Sozin's Comet and an Ozai could defeat the majority of Team Avatar. So could Iroh. Zhao and Jeong Jeong we really don't know.

But still, Lightning is something that is deadly. Metal and Bloodbending aren't necessarily deadly and have weaknesses. Bloodbending can only be used during a full moon and metalbending is still not fully developed. Lightning has its weakness but its weakness is also hard to use. (Redirection)

Avatar should've gave each element two sub skills

Fire: Lightning & Combustion

Water: Plantbending and Bloodbending

Earth: Wood and Metal Bending

Air: Sound and Oxygenbending (Bloodbending but the Air Version)

#47 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

if this are the anime universes then POKÉMON no doubt. Digimon is too dangerous and the whole digimon universe (and also real world) depend on you when you are just a kid.

Yu gi Oh has the same problem, it's dangerous, soul trapping and stuff, not as fun because the monsters aren't that real and the world itself isn´t very cool besides the card game.

Pokémon though, it's extremely safe, you can get a lot of Pokémon with you, you can enter contests, championships, everyone is happy, there's no poverty and you only need to save the world ocasionally, and even then, some legendary pokémon come up and help you. SO yeah... POKEMON ALL THE WAY!!

#48 Posted by The Stegman (22992 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil:  

@The Stegman: With fire you need oxygen, heat and fuel. Them making it our of their thin hands is so unrealistic. And yes I would say they have the strongest characters. An Azula that's sane unlike she was during Sozin's Comet and an Ozai could defeat the majority of Team Avatar. So could Iroh. Zhao and Jeong Jeong we really don't know.

But still, Lightning is something that is deadly. Metal and Bloodbending aren't necessarily deadly and have weaknesses. Bloodbending can only be used during a full moon and metalbending is still not fully developed. Lightning has its weakness but its weakness is also hard to use. (Redirection)

Azula is a prodigy, she was born with natural skills, even without firebending she's a dangerous opponent, as for Ozai, he's the freakin firelord, so yeah, he's gonna be powerful, he has to be in order for him to be any threat to a fully realized Avatar.  
Bloodbending and Metal bending are both pretty dangerous, and Lightning does have a weakness, like you said, redirection, and it's very very hard to learn, you have to put your emotions aside and channel it, (something not even Zuko could do) as well as do the channeling correctly or else it can explode in your face. 
#49 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: I would say Ozai and Azula weren't natural. They both had to strive to be recognize by their fathers due to being the younger sibling so that pushed them more. But Bloodbending can't be done under a full moon and Metal well you need metal. Lightning can be done naturally and like you said redirection is hard to learn,

#50 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Pokemon is the right answer and this someone who like digimon more than pokemon in terms of anime.