• 87 results
Edited 4 months, 16 days ago

Poll: Your reaction to Ben Afflecks batsuit. (118 votes)

Amazing, can't wait until 2016! 55%
Looks OK, could have been better. 27%
Horrible, worst batsuit ever. 3%
Men, could care less. 8%
Need to see more to a 8%
#1 Posted by Project_Worm (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

The Bat-Logo looks kinda derpy, was never into the Returns suit.

#2 Edited by iDude (723 posts) - - Show Bio

@project_worm: Yeah, I wish it was more streamlined like the new 52's symbol. Last one was supposed to say "I need to see more to make a fair judgement" or something to that effect. I messed up and posted before I finished typing.

#3 Posted by Cloakx14 (3206 posts) - - Show Bio

bada** !

#4 Edited by Jphu8414 (3803 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it

#5 Posted by Project_Worm (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

@idude: Have you seen the zoomed in high-res photos? They show it off pretty good.

#6 Edited by iDude (723 posts) - - Show Bio

@project_worm: I have, and I really love the detail they put into the suit. I'm glad they didnt go with armor. I've heard that there are two batsuits one, hopefully the other one looks like this:

#7 Posted by oOSupermanThatHoeOo (647 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphu8414 said:

I love it

THIS! I'm still shivering from excitement :D

Honestly, this was a bad idea turning it into a poll...just gives the trolls so much opportunity lol. Honestly, there's only one option here ( especially given how derpy and retarded most other superhero outfits look ). I wouldn't be surprised if batman gets a new suit for justice league ( he'll probably die in the JL movie too ), people need to calm their mammaries, the suits really really good.

#8 Posted by MatthewParker (2325 posts) - - Show Bio

Men, could care less? But not women?

#9 Posted by iDude (723 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Project_Worm (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

@oosupermanthathoeoo: Saying there's only one option is pretty dumb... I could definitely see why some people might not like it. (The ears are really small the logo is weird and the fabric looks pretty strange.)

#11 Edited by Project_Worm (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

@idude: A mech suit would be pretty cool.

#12 Posted by MatthewParker (2325 posts) - - Show Bio

@oosupermanthathoeoo: why is it a bad idea? All the responses have been positive/semi-positive. And even if someone voted that it sucked, that's their own opinion, which they have a right to.

#13 Edited by oOSupermanThatHoeOo (647 posts) - - Show Bio

@project_worm: But it really isn't. Anyone who thinks they could've done better probably hasn't done anything of any significance in their life. Alot of thought, care, and effort went into the design of this suit and for what it is, given what we know about the plot and its characters so far...i'd say it's great. There's really very little to complain about, and it's only one picture. I think we need more information before we can start nit picking ( although, I do have preferences for other suits, I'm just saying this is one is relevant ),

Like I say, they've clearly got vision for this universe and the suit is bound to change. It's not like this came out of left field, in fact this costume was suggested WAY back when affleck was first cast ( I mean really, you could've called this at comic con last year ). I'm sure the suit will be enhanced with CGI as well.

Edit- @matthewparker Yea, so far :D I don't actually care either way, I think the only two reasonable positions to take are ... It's awesome, or, I wasn't expecting this but it's cool for what it is.

#14 Posted by Project_Worm (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

@oosupermanthathoeoo: So... people can't dislike the suit if they can't make a better one..? -_- Fair enough...

#15 Edited by War Killer (20249 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks okay. I'm slowly warming up to it, but I still dislike the huge bat-emblem. The more clear shots I've started to see pop up present the suit a lot better than the official images, but the suit overall will still take some time to get use to.

#16 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7897 posts) - - Show Bio

@project_worm: But it really isn't. Anyone who thinks they could've done better probably hasn't done anything of any significance in their life. Alot of thought, care, and effort went into the design of this suit and for what it is, given what we know about the plot and its characters so far...i'd say it's great. There's really very little to complain about, and it's only one picture. I think we need more information before we can start nit picking ( although, I do have preferences for other suits, I'm just saying this is one is relevant ),

Like I say, they've clearly got vision for this universe and the suit is bound to change. It's not like this came out of left field, in fact this costume was suggested WAY back when affleck was first cast ( I mean really, you could've called this at comic con last year ). I'm sure the suit will be enhanced with CGI as well.

Edit- @matthewparker Yea, so far :D I don't actually care either way, I think the only two reasonable positions to take are ... It's awesome, or, I wasn't expecting this but it's cool for what it is.

What? So if someone thinks they could have done a better Batman costume for Ben Affleck to wear means they haven't done any thing significant in their lives? Dumb comment to make. And yes, I'm sure lots of thought went to making this costume but that doesn't mean it's the best one that could have been done.

#17 Posted by iDude (723 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: I agree with you on the emblem. Hopefully we get a better look soon, and picture of Gal Gadot in the ww costume.

#18 Edited by Squares (6849 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks fine, but I really don't care about the Batman movie franchise.

#19 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7897 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I think it looks kind of cool. But it's not really a great look at it yet. I'm more concerned about Affleck PLAYING Batman.

#20 Edited by oOSupermanThatHoeOo (647 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy: The only things worth doing take skill, devotion, and hard work. Anyone who sincerely believes, especially on a random internet forum board, that they could've done a better job is delusional. Ofcourse, anyone who takes this position is free to contest my statements by offering up one respectable, noteworthy thing they've done in their lives.

And I wouldn't worry about affleck, he has more acting chops than any actor in CBM's right now. His voice... some grounds for concern though.

#21 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (2808 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks very Arkham to me. I love it. Can't wait to see Affleck playing this role, hopefully it will be better than Nolan's direction with Christian Bale.

#22 Edited by iDude (723 posts) - - Show Bio

@oosupermanthathoeoo: My main concern with Ben is his voice. For Bruce Wayne its fine, but batman needs a deep 'Kevin Conroy' voice. Maybe through the use of a voice modulator built into the batsuit?

#23 Edited by Project_Worm (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

@oosupermanthathoeoo: You're an idiot, I don't need to have made movies to know when a film isn't for me. Why the hell does it matter if someone doesn't make costumes for a living? If someone doesn't like the way a costume looks, that perfectly f***ing reasonable.

#24 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (2808 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy: The only things worth doing take skill, devotion, and hard work. Anyone who sincerely believes, especially on a random internet forum board, that they could've done a better job is delusional. Ofcourse, anyone who takes this position is free to contest my statements by offering up one respectable, noteworthy thing they've done in their lives.

Fair enough, but it still comes across as a rude thing to say. And just because someone puts effort and hard work into something, does not mean it will be appealing, or even good.

#25 Edited by Knightfall225 (1995 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the suit but I think longer ears would have been better. But aren't there suppose to be another suit?

#26 Posted by oOSupermanThatHoeOo (647 posts) - - Show Bio

@oosupermanthathoeoo: You're an idiot, I don't need to have made movies to know when a film isn't for me. Why the hell does it matter if someone doesn't make costumes for a living? If someone doesn't like the way a costume looks, that perfectly f***ing reasonable.

Don't be so sandy, it's unbefitting ( and you're presumably male...right? ). You're clearly not following the conversation, it's one thing to not like the costume ( and you'd have to particularly dislike Batman's character to garner such an opinion ), it's another thing entirely to suggest that any user here could've engineered a better costume and one more suited the evident story arc being portrayed here. You need to take a time out young man.

@idude I totally agree, but I'm relatively certain his in costume voice will be effects driven. I'm just so excited right now, I can't calm down haha! I must make a thread pertaining to this topic!!!

#27 Edited by iDude (723 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightfall225: Yes, the movie is rumored to have two batsuits. I'm guessing the other one will be a high tech armor suit to take on Superman. Maybe some left over kryptonian tech?

#28 Posted by HumanRocket (8349 posts) - - Show Bio

It's fine. Not impressive, not bad...it's just fine.

#29 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6349 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really like the suit. The batmobile looks awesome, though.

#30 Posted by StormShadow_X (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Hoping for Longer ears but other then that its about time.

#31 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (4341 posts) - - Show Bio

haven't seen a pic yet. little help?

#32 Edited by oOSupermanThatHoeOo (647 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

He looks so menacing too! Affleck definitely has the build for this character, looks like his punches hurt!

#33 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4341 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

He looks so menacing too! Affleck definitely has the build for this character, looks like his punches hurt!

Hellz. Yeah. Bout damn time................

#34 Posted by oOSupermanThatHoeOo (647 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: I know right! THIS is a "goddamned" batman! Really Snyder has given us an actual Batman...and I'm so happy :) Seriously, I don't understand how you can't atleast respect this.

#35 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (2808 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Ms. Omega (4479 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks great.

#37 Posted by ganon15 (1544 posts) - - Show Bio

looks okay

#38 Posted by Project_Worm (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

@project_worm said:

Don't be so sandy, it's unbefitting ( and you're presumably male...right? ). You're clearly not following the conversation, it's one thing to not like the costume ( and you'd have to particularly dislike Batman's character to garner such an opinion ), it's another thing entirely to suggest that any user here could've engineered a better costume and one more suited the evident story arc being portrayed here. You need to take a time out young man.

But-- It's just that you were suggesting people who aren't particularly skilled don't have the right to an opinion... *drops head and goes to corner*...

#39 Posted by flameboy298 (1908 posts) - - Show Bio

2016 gonna be a long wait,but I guess somewhere around November-December 2015 we get a trailer

#41 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4341 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicallyaware1: I know right! THIS is a "goddamned" batman! Really Snyder has given us an actual Batman...and I'm so happy :) Seriously, I don't understand how you can't atleast respect this.

absolutely 100% agreed.

#42 Edited by oOSupermanThatHoeOo (647 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by Douglatron (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, there's no nipples so it's guaranteed not to be the worst movie batsuit of all time. Now the only question is what color it's going to be.

#44 Edited by FearTheLiving (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

I get the look they're going for, but just comes off silly looking to me. I'll have to see more to really grasp it I suppose.

#45 Posted by Project_Worm (3428 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by MannEffest (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for Ben Affleck playing Batman… But the suit was underwhelming. Kind of campy.

#47 Posted by Skit (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

Love everything except for the size of the logo and the ears on the logo bat are to round.

#48 Posted by The Stegman (24627 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it. And I don't care how long the ears are, kind of a nit pick really.

#49 Edited by Wolverine08 (42776 posts) - - Show Bio

It's good.

#50 Posted by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

This is as close to the suit I've always wanted to see in the movies. The Batmobile (From what we can see of it atleast) looks pretty freaking awesome aswell. There's a good mixture of the New 52 look, blended in with the Dark Knight Returns and a little bit of the Arkham games in there as well.