• 56 results
#1 Edited by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't buying a comic that you were so interested in reading ends up being a terrible comic and you've realized you've wasted your money as a comic reader? Especially when you buy on digital and you can't even return the damn things? If it happens to me on print I'd usuallly sell it to my friend or something but I still hate the feeling.

What are some of the most disappointing comics you've read?

#2 Edited by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm the only one whose bought comics that has ended being disappointed one with a comicbook?

#3 Edited by JediXMan (30623 posts) - - Show Bio

The majority of events in the last ten-ish years.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of the most disappointing comics I've read? 93.765% of every New 52 comic I've read. My opinion whether I get flak or not for it.

#5 Posted by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

DC New 52 has been mostly disappointing.

Valiant has started to disappoint me lately too. I've dropped half of my Valiant stuff. What I have left usually collects in a small pile on the bottom of my pull. Ever since Unity, X-O has not been as good. It's sucked the life out of that book. Since Planet Death I've been bored with everything from Valiant, save for Bloodshot & HARD Corps.

Only Marvel has consistently impressed me.

#6 Edited by Jphu8414 (3731 posts) - - Show Bio

The Age of Ultron and Battle of the Atom events

#7 Posted by Xwraith (18253 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Force vol. 2 and X-Men vol. 4 (after the first two issues anyway).

#8 Posted by Ostyo (7895 posts) - - Show Bio

New52 Blue Beetle and Teen Titans.

#9 Posted by _Gaff_ (3386 posts) - - Show Bio

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol. 2

Most people liked it. I hated it.

#10 Posted by Transformers1024 (1918 posts) - - Show Bio

When Tynion took over Red Hood and the Outlaws was pretty bad. It went from being my favorite book month after month to being total crap. I still bought the issues though, hoping they would get better. I green Arrow in the beginning of the New 52 sucked hardcore. Wasn't a fan of Superior Spider-Man at first but somehow it really grew on me.

#11 Edited by Experio (16044 posts) - - Show Bio

Battke of the Atoms, Superior spider-man, Blue beetle, Age of ultron. Just to name a few.

#12 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Crisis. I expected so much, it was just all over the place.

Battle of the Atom dumbed down and ruined the little good that came from the new era of the X-men.

#13 Posted by JulieDC (957 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm picky and hard to impress. I've been disappointed by 99% of New 52. I also tend not to like critically acclaimed books. Its not necessarily the writing, I just find that they are over-hyped and so I go in with bigger expectations than what I should and end up disappointed. Usually my being disappointed in any book has to do with the failure to care about the characters in the story.

#14 Posted by danhimself (22552 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of the most disappointing comics I've read? 93.765% of every New 52 comic I've read. My opinion whether I get flak or not for it.

completely agree

#15 Edited by Cap10nate (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Aaron's Hulk and Matt Fraction's Fantastic Four are two of only a handful of books that I have ever dropped mid-arc. I usually ride it out to the end of an arc, but not for these two because I was disappointed in them. I didn't start reading Thor at first because of how much I disliked Aaron's story with Hulk. It took 4 or 5 issues of great reviews before I picked up the first issue.

#16 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@cap10nate: Yeah, Fantastic four wasn't very good. FF was incredible though IMO

#17 Posted by sagejonathan (1956 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy and the first 14 or so issues of Red Lantern from Milligan before I dropped it.

#18 Posted by OreoAssassin (4963 posts) - - Show Bio

Age Of Ultron, Superior Carnage (Last One was Good), Few New 52 Titles I Tried

#19 Edited by shadowtaker (69 posts) - - Show Bio

gillen young avengers Kelly sue Deconnick Captain Marvel

#20 Edited by theodixon9 (542 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say the Taskmaster: Unthinkable series. It wasn't the worst thing I've read, but it had such good reviews and I was hoping more from it. I thought it started of fairly well but went down hill, and I found myself struggling to understand some of the plot and dialogue.

#21 Posted by BR_Havoc (1295 posts) - - Show Bio

Like others have said many titles of the New 52 have been horrible. As for Marvel Remenders Captain America was a huge let down.

#22 Edited by waezi2 (7590 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it has to be Justice League Of America, by Geoff Johns. He introduced so many new characters, but didn't really do anything with them, except for showing them to us.

Bummer...

#23 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything from DC except Aquaman, Batman, and a few issues of Detective Comics. Captain America and Iron Man from Marvel.

#24 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21870 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Now Captain America, wasted 40+ dollars on utter crap piles

#25 Posted by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm some of mine would have to be from New-52. The art really got me but it isn't what it turned out to be so I stopped myself from buying the Outlaws. The only REALLY good comic was the 'Night of the Owl' series really. Off of the top of my head Wanted was pretty disappointing, Kingdom Come was pretty slow and boring to me, Hawkeye was seemingly terrible. I don't understand how people can like his comics?

#26 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3519 posts) - - Show Bio

Either the New 52 Superman or Constantine.

#27 Posted by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

Knightfall, it was a bit chaotic and Jean-Paul Valley might be the most despicable character in Batman mythos.

#28 Edited by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay:

You mean the one where he was in actual Knight Armor? Yea I was not buying that haha

#29 Posted by The Stegman (24413 posts) - - Show Bio

N52 Teen Titans

N52 Catwoman

N52 Superman

All Marvel titles of the last few years that aren't "Black Widow" or "Hawkeye"

#30 Posted by PapiNacho (2409 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine by Cornell, Iron Man by Gillen(At leas the first few issues), Battle of the Atom, All-New X-men (mid-issues leading up to and spinning off BOTA), GLNG, Teen Titans(Crucible, Wonder Girl storyline), GLNG (Justin Jordan run), GL (issue 20-27 minus Lights Out), Nightwing zero year, Superman, Detective Comics (Tony Daniel run), Batman Dark Knight (Finch's first issues), Uncanny X-men, Indestructible Hulk (beginning and lately), Fantastic Four by Matt Fraction, Stormwatch.

#31 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn in general.

#32 Posted by Billy Batson (58029 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come.

BB

#33 Posted by timelord (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity and Battle of the Atom I dropped marvel because of them

#34 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

House of M.

FF..I got the first 5 issues based on reviews here, and dropped it...have no idea why folks liked it, but since it's now cancelled, I feel redeemed.

I've liked the New 52 by and large, but Superman is 27 issues in, and still hasn't had but maybe 1-2 good issues. Action started out great, got a little tiring (towards the end of the Morrison run.) Recently it's gotten back to okay.

Detective has gotten much better lately, but to see it get off to such a bad start was a big let down.

#35 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22299 posts) - - Show Bio

Civil War...

#36 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@timelord said:

Infinity and Battle of the Atom I dropped marvel because of them

Totally agree on Battle of the Atom, but I liked Infinity

#37 Edited by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap was kind of disappointing this week

Remender can be so hit or miss with me. Just when I'm loving what he's doing he does something so predictably droll.

#38 Posted by Cap10nate (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll also have to add Age of Ultron to my list. I was so excited to read it because I love Ultron, and he never made a real appearance until the end which was basically a reprint of an older Avengers issue. I was excited for the premise . . . let down. I was excited about the team going into the future to fight . . . let down. I was excited to see how it would end . . . let down. There was nothing in there that met my expectations or exceeded them. I had some faith in the first couple issues, but it eroded as the story progressed until I was just buying the last couple issues to see how it ends.

#39 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (852 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Humphries' Uncanny X-Force
  2. Wolverine and the X-Men
  3. The "Battle of the Atom" crossover
  4. Stormwatch after the re-boot told me that my 18 issues were irrelevant garbage that never happened and don't matter <insert New52 joke here>
  5. Batman: The Dark Knight (except for that one story about Scarecrow)
#40 Edited by Jphu8414 (3731 posts) - - Show Bio

@cap10nate:

*Sigh*

I feel you bro, thinking about it just makes me sad

I was so hyped for Ultron, but you BARELY see him at all. The event was pretty much a lackluster Wolverine story...

#41 Posted by New_World_Order (13207 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior Foes Of Spider-Man is quite boring to me.

#42 Posted by spidershamrock (1181 posts) - - Show Bio

Any Marvel events post Civil War

#43 Posted by timelord (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@imagine_man15: infinity was pretty solid I just felt it and BotA left to many unanswered questions and did not wrap things up in a nice way to justify the events.

#44 Posted by Army2442 (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it was crisis of infinite earths it was good and really reached its climax when the anti monitor fought the specter but after that it dragged on for far too long. The new 52 flash was good but Barry Allen was soo boring.

#45 Posted by sinestro_GL (3160 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Squares (6591 posts) - - Show Bio

AvX and Schism.

#47 Posted by deathbyzombie (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't too crazy about the long Halloween.

#48 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been said before but most of DC from the last 2 years. Right all I'm reading from them is Green Arrow. From Marvel probably Uncanny Avengers, and from Image Pretty Deadly. That narration just seems so forced to me.

#49 Posted by VoodooPenguin (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

52 Aquaman and Uncanny X-Force. I was surprised by how average Aquaman was.

#50 Edited by dagmar_merrill (8634 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior Carnage and Hush.