• 52 results
#1 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio

I know a lot of people on comic vine live in various place around the world and I was wondering how many of you have seen where you live or where your from in a comic and if you even recognised any landmarks, felt that your home was shown accurately or was just happy to see it in comic book form.

As for me Sheffield has never appeared in any comics iv ever read I don't think its even come close as far as i know but i would love for it to happen someone however unlikely it. 

Sorry if someone's already made a similar topic but i couldn't find one and I was curious so I thought id give it a shot.

#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

My hometown has never appeared in a comic as far as I know but in the conclusion of Jack of Fables, the epic battle took place in Mawn-It-Obah (I think that's how they spelled it) or Manitoba, which is my home province...nothing recognizable though, I still thought it was pretty cool regardless as people not from here who were reading may not have even caught that it was Manitoba since it wasn't spelled that way and it was made out to be some strange land over the border

#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, all the time. It's a kinda important city.

#4 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost said:

My hometown has never appeared in a comic as far as I know but in the conclusion of Jack of Fables, the epic battle took place in Mawn-It-Obah (I think that's how they spelled it) or Manitoba, which is my home province...nothing recognizable though, I still thought it was pretty cool regardless as people not from here who were reading may not have even caught that it was Manitoba since it wasn't spelled that way and it was made out to be some strange land over the border

It would be even better if mine appeared like that so that only i knew or even had to figure it out like yours.
#5 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies
New York?
#6 Posted by Edamame (28140 posts) - - Show Bio

The incident that caused the Marvel Civil War occurred in Connecticut, the state in which I live.

#7 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. I wish (my comic book store had a cover varation of a series a while back featuring the store, but other than that...no)

#8 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
The incident that caused the Marvel Civil War occurred in Connecticut, the state in which I live.
you started a war? :P
#9 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Omaha is supposedly home to the orphanage where Scott Summers spent several years.  It isn't my hometown, but it is where I'm currently residing.

#10 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:
@Icarusflies: New York?
I think I DID see one or two Spider-man stories that were set in New York...But I couldn't swear to it....

As for me, the only time I've seen Atlanta in the comics was recently in one of the Fear Itself tie-ins.  But I think it was just a quick panel...
#11 Posted by Edamame (28140 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet said:
@Edamame said:
you started a war? :P
LOL  No, but Nitro certainly did.
#12 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken is in Los Angeles. 

#13 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Often.

#14 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13130 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman was based out San.....er...... Sub Diego for a short while
#15 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps said:
Daken is in Los Angeles. 
moon knight too.
#16 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

The closest city to mine that has been featured in a comic is Toronto. However in volume 2 of Alpha Flight Department H was pretty much located where my city actually is.

#17 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of Avengers have been from my state. The Vision lived there, and the Wasp was from the same state.
#18 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

I think I DID see one or two Spider-man stories that were set in New York...But I couldn't swear to it....  

Spider-man in New York? I don't think so, Spider-man lives far from there.
#19 Posted by RUSTMAN (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Melbourne appeared in a Batman Inc issue a little while ago... a couple of panels is better than nothing!

#20 Posted by Billy Batson (58023 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes not sure if it's appeared in a superhero related comic book though. 

BB

#21 Posted by Billy Batson (58023 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:

@Timandm said:

Sarcasm? 

BB

#22 Posted by The_Tree (7456 posts) - - Show Bio

Sort of, when the recent Godzilla comic came out, the comicbook store in my town was on their own variant cover.

#23 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio

That is really weird i made this topic yesterday and today i read generation hope 9 and Sheffield's in there ! i was really surprised though. but sadly the Sheffielder died would have great if he had become a x-man.

#24 Posted by _Zombie_ (10442 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, I live in a small town in California that rarely gets on the news.

#25 Edited by Sasuke (397 posts) - - Show Bio

I have only seen Fort worth,Texas a few times but Dallas is in books all the time and thats right next door.

#26 Posted by White Angel Of Death (691 posts) - - Show Bio

Woohoo! My hometown was in Ultimate X-men: World Tour :-D had a mcdonalds i think but not in the right location :-( lots of rain i think was in the comic which is about right hahaha

#27 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Angel Of Death said:
Woohoo! My hometown was in Ultimate X-men: World Tour :-D had a mcdonalds i think but not in the right location :-( lots of rain i think was in the comic which is about right hahaha
i was surprise it wasn't raining when they in mine too. I think x-men comics are probably the most likely to see them in since they go all over the place seems they should have done a little more research on yours though putting the golden arches in the wrong place and all :)
#28 Posted by White Angel Of Death (691 posts) - - Show Bio
@jack16ichigo: Lol no golden arches in the comics lol just the mcdonalds lol was funny i was like "HEY! thats aberdeen lol!"
#29 Posted by The Poet (8336 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:
Sort of, when the recent Godzilla comic came out, the comicbook store in my town was on their own variant cover.
same here.
Godzilla invades FL.
#30 Edited by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Angel Of Death: i know i was the same i was like holy @&%£ that's Sheffield i actually missed where it said Sheffield university I didn't realise until i say kitty holding a ipad(or should i say xpad) that said Sheffield liquid face boy ! on it.
#31 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (589 posts) - - Show Bio

The place I live has been in a few comics, but nothing significant. A few Avengers Initiative issue were set here. The comic store I go to was in the movie Kick-Ass too. That's about the extent of it though.

#32 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

Never. I live in a town in western mass. As far as I know western mass as a whole has not been featured in a comic lol.

#33 Posted by White Angel Of Death (691 posts) - - Show Bio
@jack16ichigo said:
@White Angel Of Death: i know i was the same i was like holy @&%£ that's Sheffield i actually missed where it said Sheffield university I didn't realise until i say kitty holding a ipad(or should i say xpad) that said Sheffield liquid face boy ! on it.
LOL i want an xpad hahaha
#34 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:
@Deadcool said:

@Timandm said:

Sarcasm? 

BB

Do you really need to ask if it is sarcasm?
Even my little brother knows that Spider-man lives in new york
#35 Posted by Billy Batson (58023 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deadcool said:
@Billy Batson said:
@Deadcool said:

@Timandm said:

Sarcasm? 

BB

Do you really need to ask if it is sarcasm?Even my little brother knows that Spider-man lives in new york

I know that almost every marvel superhero/villain lives NY, it's just that I rarely see you using sarcasm or joking. That's all. 

BB

#36 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:

It was Stamford, CT. I was born there and lived in CT most of my life. 
#37 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

My city Flint Michigan has never been in comics but we could use the Punisher here from time to time. Terry Crews, Sandra Bernhart, and Micheal Moore is all we have offered the outside world.

#38 Edited by Edamame (28140 posts) - - Show Bio
@xybernauts said:
 It was Stamford, CT. I was born there and lived in CT most of my life. 
I'm aware.  :)
Do you still live in the Stamford area? I am not too far from Danbury.
#39 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Naw :( I moved to Georgia a few years ago. 
#40 Posted by Edamame (28140 posts) - - Show Bio
@xybernauts said:
@Edamame: Naw :( I moved to Georgia a few years ago. 
Much more affordable there!
#41 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Housing, but not everything else. 
#42 Posted by Edamame (28140 posts) - - Show Bio
@xybernauts said:
@Edamame: Housing, but not everything else. 
True. I assumed that the gas prices are higher in Conn., though. Especially in Fairfield County.
#43 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

no but my state of Oklahoma has appeared in the travesty known only as Marvel's "Siege"

#44 Edited by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

i live in middle of no where oklahoma so we got that whole asgard thing but not really alot

#45 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:
Lawton, Oklahoma. right?

I used to shop at Carolina Comics until I moved too far away.
#46 Edited by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by rhstickler (38 posts) - - Show Bio

My hometown hasn't appeared in the comics, but it has in the DCAU 

#48 Posted by The_Tree (7456 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula: Haha, yep.
#49 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

I know that almost every marvel superhero/villain lives NY, it's just that I rarely see you using sarcasm or joking. That's all. 

BB

I have my moments... 

#50 Posted by jack16ichigo (479 posts) - - Show Bio
@rhstickler said:
My hometown hasn't appeared in the comics, but it has in the DCAU 

That's good too :D i don't remember this episode at all must have missed it.