Avatar image for kevomcwallcrawler
KevoMcWallCrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is not a battle royale.

But which Marvel/DC hero do you think is the greatest and WHY ?

They dont have to be super powerful or super popular.Think about origins, powers, abilities, villains, personalities, relationships with the public and other heroes, the struggles they face, the messages they each bring to their fans, and most importantly, what do they mean to YOU? Do you aspire to be like them? Do they excite/inspire/reassure or relate to you in any way?

There are no wrong answers !

Im looking forward to some cool answers

-Kevin :)

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Penderor

I would have go with Superman. Mostly because he was the first and most iconic.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Captain America for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

The one and only friendly neighborhood Spider-Man

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mandarinestro

Captain America. He has a good moral compass, unlike Superman, and does his job because he truly believes in it, and not traumatized into it like Batman.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

/thread

Jmarshmallow

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto because he doesn't want anything he hasn't worked for and he is truly good, always trying to destroy hate and never seeking vengeance.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without Superman the whole Super-hero genre as we know it wouldn't exist. DC wouldn't exist. I'd argue Marvel wouldn't exist. He's not always had the best comics, he may be over-shadowed by Batman in the current day (like the last 30 years) but from a historical standpoint, I don't see how any other answer is justified. Remember the question is "Who is the Greatest?", not "Who do you like most?."

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOKUU!
GOKUU!

EDIT: I re-read that only Marvel/DC heroes so a tie between Batman and Spider-man (Yeh i know, most generic)

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By magnablue

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By youknowwhattodo

Without Superman the whole Super-hero genre as we know it wouldn't exist. DC wouldn't exist. I'd argue Marvel wouldn't exist. He's not always had the best comics, he may be over-shadowed by Batman in the current day (like the last 30 years) but from a historical standpoint, I don't see how any other answer is justified. Remember the question is "Who is the Greatest?", not "Who do you like most?."

The question wasn't asked from a historical standpoint, it seemed to have been asked from a personal standpoint.

They dont have to be super powerful or super popular.Think about origins, powers, abilities, villains, personalities, relationships with the public and other heroes, the struggles they face, the messages they each bring to their fans, and most importantly, what do they mean to YOU? Do you aspire to be like them? Do they excite/inspire/reassure or relate to you in any way?

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manwhohaseverything said:

The question wasn't asked from a historical standpoint, it seemed to have been asked from a personal standpoint.

Ahh..I actually misread the title..thought it said "The" and not "Your". If it's "The" I don't think you can ignore the history no matter what qualifications are put on the question. "Your" on the other hand..much more subjective. Good catch. :)

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By reactor
The Man of Steel
The Man of Steel

Ironically, I actually didn't like Superman as a kid. Then as a teen I read some of his comics. Big blue has since then been my favorite superhero

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

KevoMcWallCrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys guys guys, its no competition, i just wanted to know who and WHY, im curious, superheroes mean alot to me.

My favorite is spiderman, because when i was in highschool i was a nerdy fella, i was scared to talk to girls, i didnt fit in with the rest of my football team, i was bullied and spiderman made me feel not alone, and taught me that its okay to be different, to be kevin. He taught me to turn my pain into strength and to be a better person after i faced a challenge.

Instead of comparing heros and putting eachother down, answer the question, its a chill kinda question haha

KevoMcWallCrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian: why is hulk special to you :)?

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Peter Parker Spider-Man. He is probably my favorite character from anything ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d568743bdb8
deactivated-57d568743bdb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

You said hero not superhero so sorry Batman tis not you but the true hero is Commissioner James Gordon. He is incorruptible, he works in the worse city in his universe. No matter how many people he puts away more take there place and then the old break out and cause more havoc.

I don't know why he didn't quit especially after all the stuff thats happened, but he keeps going despite his age.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevomcwallcrawler: He's a beast. that's why. :P able to do what he wants without other people telling him no :D

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a tough one, and probably not one that I can give one answer to.

• One one hand, we have Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman.

The guy stands for Truth, Justice, and (yeah, I'll say it,) The American Way. For the idea that humanity can someday reach the heights he demonstrates, and even if we don't actually reach them, we become better people for trying. How can that not inspire someone?

Then of course there's the perks of being a Superman. The power, the charisma...simply put, from this shallow a standpoint, the guy has it all.

Throw in one of the best Rogues Galleries with guys like Doomsday, Lex Luthor, and Brainiac, and it's not hard to see why he's such an awesome character and a hero.

• Then there's Batman, but not the original. I mean Terry McGinnis.

This is MY Batman, personally. For what Batman is, I feel like Terry is the perfect, modern compromise. How many people come from single-parent homes? How many people were troublemakers in their teens? How many of us hated Family Studies? People say they like Batman (among other reasons,) because he's relatable, and I think that isn't more clear than with Terry. He's not the best fighter, he's not the brightest guy in the room, but I'd wager he can hang with anyone Bruce could (and maybe even some he couldn't,) even without someone speaking in his ear.

• Tim Drake/Red Robin is another hero that comes to mind.

Probably not as universally loved as Dick Grayson or the total BA that Jason Todd is, I think, for young readers, Drake is really good. He's a lot like Terry in that he's really relatable, but also a little different in that he's simply a gifted person, intellectually. He's not the best fighter, but probably the best learner Batman has ever had as a sidekick--with his original origin being a clear indicator of his skill.

• There's Tony Stark of course, which is probably a shocker to most people.

One of the top dogs from Marvel, but probably one of the most hated men in comics. I make no secret of the fact I don't read much Marvel so I have very little idea of the things Tony has done and the people he's probably screwed over. With that said, Tony continues to improve his suits and use his intellect for what he sees as a greater good even if it doesn't seem like it at the time to other people. I think the Civil War was a fine example. People say Stark was to blame for it, but I honestly would have sided with Stark on the issue of Hero registration, (with some amendments of course.) Tony is considered something of a jerk by many people, but he still goes out there time and time again, and I think that's what makes him a great hero.

• Last but certainly not least is The Flash, and I mean any version of the character really.

Seems that no matter who the Scarlet Speedster is, there's just always been something about Flash that's been inspiring to me. Whether it's looking back on what Jay Garrick did, remembering how much I enjoyed Wally West on television, or keeping up with the current adventures of Barry Allen, (not to mention the rest of the Flash Family such as Bart,) the character, I think, speaks to people because despite all the power and possibilities, they continue to be arguably some of the most down-to-Earth heroes.

And I'd be doing a disservice if I didn't take the time to mention all the fantastic villains, like Captain Cold, Zoom, and Mob Rule that The Flash comes into contact with, that help mold such an awesome character, along with the Speed Force.

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bruce Wayne or Tim Drake. I always admired Bruce's perseverance, but Tim sealed the deal in Robin #156.

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodshot

The past doesn't matter. It doesn't matter who you were, or what you've done. All that matters is who you choose to be, and what your going to do.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SilverPool

Either my boy Barry Allen (though I honestly like pretty much all Flashes) or my other boy Dick Grayson.

Tweetie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman or Superman

Wolverine or Jean Grey

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

My favorite is Batman, but Superman is the greatest.

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman, for a number of reasons:

He's one of the first, and many, many others have been made in his likeness to some extent

He's something of an outsider, which most people feel like at some point in their life

Vast majority of the time he does the right thing, even when its very clearly not the easier road to take

He's well developed. His story line is rich and his connections are extensive. He's completely ingrained in the DC universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-61bde0e570bb9
deactivated-61bde0e570bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patzello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By patzello

Hm, it is difficult to answer.

Superman is obviously the genesis of the genre, the form on whigh all other Supers are built. But let'stand be honest; he is boring and pretty unrelatable.

I think the Hulk has the potential to be one of the most interesting and deep characters, but more often than not he is portrayed as one-note, superficial and gratuitous. Not to mention, it is debatable whether you can call him a hero.

Silver Surfer is my personal favorite of all time. His story is truly unique. His messages and themes are always thought provoking. His powers are not only immense, but incrediby interesting. I think his biggest issue is that very few writers know what to do with him. I like what they are doing with him now, but it is a little too light for it to be ranked amongst my favorites (still fun, though!). I think that the character would best be served if he was written as a truly adult character. Have him fight when necessary, but make the stories the big draw, not the fights.

Surfer fights have the potential to be great, but can get very boring. The writers tend to either make his opponents ridiculously powerful or make Surfer fight like a spaz. And I do not blame them. Surfers powers are so crazy, most fights really would end before they would start. I think the character would best be handled with Star Trek style stories, involving alien races and adventures being allegory for social issues and philosophical questions. Of course, don'the shy away from fights, but make Surfer use those powers to the fullest by not restricting him to the ring where you have to make him a jobber in order to keep it interesting.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman or Superman.

Avatar image for fajarherwandhan
fajarherwandhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 67

Spider-man, because unlike others Spider-man grew up with the readers

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EarthsMightiest

Childhood hero:

No Caption Provided

Always be the greatest in my eyes!

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patzello: Superman is actually very relatable. Other than the fact that hes an alien, he was raised as a human, watched sports, didnt have much money, got picked on in school, lost his father [while I didnt lose my father he was never there for me until I turned 16 and even then I see him 2-3 times a year] and has a caring mother.

He also stands for eveerything thats right and it makes you want to be like him. Sure you wont have superpowers but you can be as moraly strong as him or atleast try and that makes you a better person. Superman other than being a superpowered alien is also the guy that has high hopes of humanity reaching its potential of goodness if that makes sense and he wont stop until trying until he achieves that goal.

^I think the New-52 has missed on hitting this point or atleast what I've read. If anyone can recommend a good New-52 story for Superman like that LMK.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I choose spiderman.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@reactor: I admit Supes was actually my fave when I was younger actually.. then I watched an episode of JL/JLU and she became my fave:

No Caption Provided

wd40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe its a bit odd but for me it is Gorr the god butcher. Its beacuse i find myself alot in his origin story. At the time of great disaster he begged God/s for help, not for himself, rather to his family, friends and all he loved and respected. But no God responded. He didnt even got their attention.He left alone on his world only with sorrow in his heart and lust for venegance. In the world where he was lesser being things are changed. For me he is not a villain, but real avenger, maybe even only one. Venegance is only way to true peace in our hearts...

patzello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthvxder: Sure, there are aspects of his character that you can relate to, but the guy has 0% internal conflict. You know what he will chose no matter what and it will always be the right thing. He is a perpetual PSA.

I can say with total clarity that I respect the h3ll out of Superman, but have little to no interest in finding out what he will do next.

And, perhaps because of his unflinching personal set of morals, that really defines him as the true "Best Hero of All Time". I get why anyone would pick him. I begrudge no one that choice. It just is not the one I chose.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. No powers but stands among the gods as equals everyday.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By judasnixon
No Caption Provided

rabshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam and Superman for me

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cresShadow
No Caption Provided

nightcrawler easily for me. he's cheered me up at my low moments and he always kept the fun in the X-men. always been the moral center and gave hope to those who would have otherwise given up. a unique character who looks at the world that judges him for how he looks and smiles keeping his faith

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vinomonster
No Caption Provided

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Captain America.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. Not my favourite but he is the greatest.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Christopher Hitchens.