Your Favorite Comics Memorabilia?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

Edited By owie  Moderator

I don't really collect a lot of comics memorabilia--I don't really have any statues or many posters or anything.  But I do have a few things I like.

This Beta Ray Bill poster, an original teaser poster for Walt Simonson's run on Thor, is pretty damn sweet--great drawing, with classic Simonson energy flares. I love the graphics treatment as well, with the left/right split of the background space which helps focus on the silhouette, plus especially the targeted use of red.  It's printed on fairly nice matte paper as well. Picked it up at a garage sale run by a guy who used to own a comics shop!

Beta Ray Bill poster
Beta Ray Bill poster

I've always enjoyed watches with a fun/cool image.  My last watch was a Neitzsche watch, and when that broke, I got this, which I think is great.  It's not rare or anything, you can get it on Amazon, I just like the idea that out of the ten or so watches that Marvel makes, one of them is J. Jonah Jameson!  Fun idea.  As a friend of mine said, it would be great if it had an alarm that said "PAAARRRRRKERRRR!!!!"   I know watches are becoming an accessory of yesteryear, but I still like the way they can still make a small statement about your style or interests.

J. Jonah Jameson watch
J. Jonah Jameson watch

And last (and probably least) is this Scourge button.  I got this at a comic con years and years ago.  It's just a sweet panel and reminds me of when I first started getting into comics.  I was always a fan of Scourge.

Scourge button
Scourge button

I guess I have a few more things, but those are the ones that I like the most.

What kinds of memorabilia do you have? Why do you like it? I'm sure a lot of people on this site have WAY more memorabilia than I do, so let's limit it to three items per person!   :)

Avatar image for spider_man_2996
spider-man 2996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#1  Edited By spider-man 2996

That's some nice stuff. One of my favourite pieces of memorabilia is a sketch I got from Mike Deodato jr and Declan Shalvey of Captain America and Hawkeye. I also have many action figures. I also have a 8.5 Spider-man #1 by Todd McFarlane.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator

@spider-man 2996 said:

That's some nice stuff. One of my favourite pieces of memorabilia is a sketch I got from Mike Deodato jr and Declan Shalvey of Captain America and Hawkeye. I also have many action figures. I also have a 8.5 Spider-man #1 by Todd McFarlane.

Sketches is a good category of memorabilia that I hadn't thought about. Those sound cool. I have a Sabretooth by Ron Frenz that I must have filed away somewhere, I forgot about it.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Superguy0009e

It really isn't memorabilia, but I have a Ted Kord Blue Beetle #1 that is just fun to look at.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator

Nobody else has any comics-related swag?  I know I saw a guy on CV a while ago who has a life-size Silver Surfer statue!  Who else has that kind of stuff?