Your CGC Opinion

ComicFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ComicFox

Greetings folks! I'm starting this thread to get your personal opinion on CGC. Do you like them? Do you hate them? Do you have any horror stories or positive experiences?

I personally like CGC. I have owned several CGC books and I would say that they are pretty accurate most of the time. Another huge perk is that they are awesome at detecting restored books. This is a tremendous perk for me as I hate restoration. Anyways, Let me know what you guys think, and please share your stories or scans!

P.S. I apologize If this topic has been "done to death". I tried digging up a related thread but couldn't find one.

My WD #1

No Caption Provided
impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By impossibilly

What's your minimum value threshold for sending a book to CGC for grading? I understand getting a high grade copy of Walking Dead 1 graded, but I don't understand when people get just off the rack comics like Marvel NOW! Uncanny X-Men 1 graded.

ComicFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ComicFox

@impossibilly:

You bring up a great point and a great question. I see books getting graded all the time that I would never grade, especially most modern books. I personally only use CGC when I think I have a high grade book that I could sell for a higher price If it was graded. For example, I have two copies of New Mutants 98 that I think would receive a 9.8 grade. If they don't receive a 9.8, then at least I paid for superior protection and encapsulation.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By 2chimcha3

I like it. I think the book should be read first and if you treasure it that much and want CGC grading with the case then thats cool to me. As for CGC right off the racks, most people do that so its as mint as possible to make money later. Others know its an important issue that they want to have as mint as possible for themselves.