Young Justice or Teen Titans: Which Show Is Better?

• 53 results
JorRis107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By JorRis107

So I was watching a lot of shows over the weekend. Many different animated movies like Batman: Under the Red Hood, Superman v.The Elite, etc. and then I had a craving to watch Teen Titans and Young Justice. After watching both shows, I was wondering which show is better. Is it the combination of Action, Drama and Comedy of Teen Titans or is it the combination of Action, Drama and Mystery of Young Justice.

Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven and of course Beast Boy make up the main team of the Teen Titans. A great combination of heroes that make one exceptional team. The possible dating tension of Robin/Starfire and Raven/Beastboy kept us coming for the drama. Slade the major evil villian also kept us, wondering what was his next plot against the team was suspenseful and shocking. The fighting scenes were also great, all the creativity that the creators had, using their abilities and powers in different ways is was kept me glued to the tv. And the one final thing that sealed the deal on this show was the gut busting comedy. Beast Boy was especially my favorite.

Robin, Aqualad, Superboy, Miss Martain, Artimes, and Kid Flash was the foundation of the team in Young Justice. These group of heroes were put together under different circumstances that the Titans. Either way they still made a great team and did great things. This show is filled to the top with drama. Every hero on the team had their backstory and future problems. Like Superboy being a clone of Superman/Lex Luthor, Miss Martian hiding her true apperance, Artimes being the spawn of villians and Aqualad being the son of one of his mortal enemies Black Manta. Much other drama definetly kept me interested. But I would have to say that the mysteries on this show kept me coming back for more. Finally there was the action which in this case was very very good. The fight scenes in this show is truly something, it's really hard trying to explain it in words.

I mean both shows are similar in the action and drama but what is the deciding factor is it hilarious comedy or cliffhanging mystery. I can't decide which one I love more. So what do you think?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

Young Justice is amazing IMO, it could pretty much replace the current DC comic continuity and it would be all good, it has superior writing, animation, storytelling and characterizations.

Teen Titans always came off kind of goofy to me

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Jorgevy

Young Justice, but I think that's mainly because it's in a closer age gap to mine than Teen Titans

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@cattlebattle said:

Young Justice is amazing IMO, it could pretty much replace the current DC comic continuity and it would be all good, it has superior writing, animation, storytelling and characterizations. Teen Titans always came off kind of goofy to me
Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

@cattlebattle said:

Young Justice is amazing IMO, it could pretty much replace the current DC comic continuity and it would be all good, it has superior writing, animation, storytelling and characterizations. Teen Titans always came off kind of goofy to me
andy74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By andy74

Its kind of hard to do a direct comparison because both shows are catering to different types of audiences. Like you said teen titans is more comedic and animish while young justice is a more traditional dc animated show with a more serious and adult tone. However, both really do flesh out storylines and character development from the comics. Teen titans really gave some good stories with slade vs robin, trigon and raven, and doom patrol. It really used a lot of characters and storylines that we never seen in tv shows so that was cool. I do like the fact that young justice has an overraching story line with the light that continues in multiple seasons. I like both and cant really say one is better than the other. But i think we can all agree that seeing dick grayson as the leader of both shows is always a good thing.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Twentyfive

The only thing YJ has over TT is that it's prettier to look at. The stories in TT were much, much better, and the action was great too.

YJ spends way too much time on expository dialogue, and the revelations can often be expected because the writing is played out. Not to mention they spend too much time on character relationships, when that time could be spent elsewhere. TT didn't play the relationships out. TT did seem annoying with it's failed attempt at Japanese humor and interaction. That was annoying as fudge.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batmanary

@Twentyfive said:

The only thing YJ has over TT is that it's prettier to look at. The stories in TT were much, much better, and the action was great too.

YJ spends way too much time on expository dialogue, and the revelations can often be expected because the writing is played out. Not to mention they spend too much time on character relationships, when that time could be spent elsewhere. TT didn't play the relationships out. TT did seem annoying with it's failed attempt at Japanese humor and interaction. That was annoying as fudge.

This. I like Young Justice, don't get me wrong, but when I watch it, I feel like it's trying to be something bigger, but can't get there. The expository dialogue is way too much....the revelations aren't very good...the idea of The Light overplayed and way too focused on containing the spread out story. And thus it doesn't get away with real risks. You know what? Aqualad should've gone dark, and Artemis should've died. That was a risk. The fact that they undid that made it seem cheap and reminded me that, you know what? This is a kids show in the end. Teen Titans didn't overplay its hand and worked within its limits. The anime humour stuff was annoying, but otherwise, it was an enjoyable show, and one that balanced action and humour quite well.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By danhimself

I was too old for Teen Titans and thus thought it was ridiculously stupid

@cattlebattle said:

you sir have a glorious mind

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By YoungJustice

This is like comparing Spongebob to The Office.............

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batmanary

@YoungJustice said:

This is like comparing Spongebob to The Office.............

Not really. While the tones of the show are completely different, we can judge them individually by merit...in which case IMO, Teen Titans surpasses Young Justice.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#11  Edited By Joygirl

Teen Titans, curbstomp. YJ is a good show but not as memorable. I won't end up trying to use a Miss Martian voice to be silly with friends anytime soon, but it's all too tempting to go "Oh, it shall be most glorious! We will engage in the time-honored tradition of consumption of 'the pudding'!" or some such. TT will last longer overall, it was a better show. I might go "BOOYAH!" but, unless I'm specifically mocking YJ, will never go "Hel-LO Megan!"

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Zdaybreak

Teen Titans. YJ was something that I had to force myself to enjoy.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By minigunman123

Teen Titans, even though it was made for kids and is anime instead of cartoon.

I greatly like and enjoy YJ, but TT was something special, it had more dramatic and well-told plots as some others have said. It needs to be brought back with the creative team and many of the voices of YJ. YJ is trying to replace something that will simply not be replaced.

TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TenEyedMen

Teen Titans was pretty immature. Even when it was "serious", it was still pretty shallow and kinda pretentious. There was no real character development beyond one-episode stories, and even though the mood-shifts are not as horrible as, say, Ultimate Spider-Man, it's still very jarring. Not to mention they were pretty lazy when it came to relationships. The only one that worked (Beast Boy/Terra) was quickly broken up when Terra, unsurprisingly to both comic fans and casuals, is revealed to be a traitor.

Young Justice, while having some hiccups, is more ambitious and risky. It has a more consistent tone, the designs and art are gorgeous, the characters are actually fleshed out, and while some relationship stuff was annoying (Supes/MM), it was still a better effort that TT ever did. It's must-see TV.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CrimsonCake

Don't make me choose :(

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I did a video on this a while ago. So here is my thoughts on it:

Avatar image for theuncannyshazam
theuncannySHAZAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By theuncannySHAZAM

IMO Young Justice is better. It has a more serious tone and way better action then Teen Titans. TT was more childish and aimed towards a younger audience while YJ is more for an older audience.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By batmanary

@TenEyedMen said:

Teen Titans was pretty immature. Even when it was "serious", it was still pretty shallow and kinda pretentious. There was no real character development beyond one-episode stories, and even though the mood-shifts are not as horrible as, say, Ultimate Spider-Man, it's still very jarring. Not to mention they were pretty lazy when it came to relationships. The only one that worked (Beast Boy/Terra) was quickly broken up when Terra, unsurprisingly to both comic fans and casuals, is revealed to be a traitor.

Young Justice, while having some hiccups, is more ambitious and risky. It has a more consistent tone, the designs and art are gorgeous, the characters are actually fleshed out, and while some relationship stuff was annoying (Supes/MM), it was still a better effort that TT ever did. It's must-see TV.

No, it was not. Now, I'm not criticizing your opinion, but rather your point. Teen Titans was not pretentious. It knew what it was, and it did it well. Young Justice, however, TRIES too hard to be serious, ambitious and risky. They're never able to get there, and the overall plot reeks of cliches and pretense. They're never ACTUALLY able to take any risks, because it is still a KIDS show. Real consequences are written off, and while TT knew this and played it off well, YJ tries to play it straight, detracting viewers who want to see actual change affect the story. The approach they take to story telling isn't all that great either especially in the relationships between the characters. It's really lazy. I mean they make it SO obvious that Artemis and Kid Flash are going to hook up. Same with Miss Martian and Superboy. And yet they don't approach these relationships through the eyes of a teen. They actually take these through the viewpoint of a preteen. Furthermore, the show doesn't actually bother to show why these characters are friends. None of them really click well. And don't even get me started on the more or less bad second season characters who serve no real role or purpose. Teen Titans UNDERSTOOD that it was a kids show. It knew that the main characters should be the focal point and the heart of the series, and it pulled off some incredibly good storytelling, establishing the friendship between the characters...something that Young Justice sorely fails to do.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Haaydrian

Young Justice is amazing.

Citrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Citrus

It's kind of hard to put YJ up against something I have a huge nostalgia factor for...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By z3ro180

Young justice is amazing . Plus im not really an anime fan

confirukia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By confirukia

I love YJ bescause NIGHTWING is the leader .soooooo much better than TIM

TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TenEyedMen

@batmanary said:

No, it was not. Now, I'm not criticizing your opinion, but rather your point. Teen Titans was not pretentious. It knew what it was, and it did it well. Young Justice, however, TRIES too hard to be serious, ambitious and risky. They're never able to get there, and the overall plot reeks of cliches and pretense. They're never ACTUALLY able to take any risks, because it is still a KIDS show. Real consequences are written off, and while TT knew this and played it off well, YJ tries to play it straight, detracting viewers who want to see actual change affect the story. The approach they take to story telling isn't all that great either especially in the relationships between the characters. It's really lazy. I mean they make it SO obvious that Artemis and Kid Flash are going to hook up. Same with Miss Martian and Superboy. And yet they don't approach these relationships through the eyes of a teen. They actually take these through the viewpoint of a preteen. Furthermore, the show doesn't actually bother to show why these characters are friends. None of them really click well. And don't even get me started on the more or less bad second season characters who serve no real role or purpose. Teen Titans UNDERSTOOD that it was a kids show. It knew that the main characters should be the focal point and the heart of the series, and it pulled off some incredibly good storytelling, establishing the friendship between the characters...something that Young Justice sorely fails to do.

How was Young Justice cliche? Or at least, any more than Teen Titans? Not to mention what do you mean Teen Titans "knew what it was"? It was pretty mediocre. Are you saying cartoons should stay mediocre because they're kids shows? That kind of thinking is why Ultimate Spider-Man is such a godawful cartoon.

Not to mention that Young Justice actually has consequences. Ignoring all the violent content and innuendo, the whole stuff with Red Arrow, for example. We see his life go to shambles ever since he's informed there's a mole in the team. Him and Superboy's struggles are pretty dark. We see the main characters actually go through development over several episodes, like Robin learning he's not ready to be a leader yet, or Kid Flash learning to re-prioritize his life, or Artemis overcoming her insecurity and distrust. These changes actually stick, while TT would just resolve them in one episode and do it again in the next one. How many times did we have to deal with Cyborg learning about humanity, again? The main plot with the Light sets up the premise of the second season, and the Team's quick forgiveness after M'gann abused her powers led her to abuse them five years later. Not to mention this show actually had the characters go for each other and date, unlike TT were they dragged it out for 65 episodes and did nothing with them.

These guys are good friends. Not everyone is lovey-dovey with each other, but some are closer friends than others. They've been through much stuff together, and will stick for each other when things get tough. They just don't beat you over the head with it.

And finally: Are you seriously criticizing the new main characters, especially when TT did the same and introduced dozens of new characters with no development? Seriously?

Avatar image for avengers_4everxx
Avengers_4everXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Avengers_4everXX

I think you're asking us to compare apples and oranges. Both shows, IMO, are absolutely fantastic. As a matter of fact I just rewatched all of TT. And while they are both amazing at what they do, they do two very different things. I think both are worth watching and will definitely be remembered

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By Funrush

Young Justice wins for me, with it's amazing writing. (Though I don't know if Season 1 was good - started with Invasion). Teen Titans was able to bring in epic stories, but just not often enough.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By batmanary

@TenEyedMen said:

@batmanary said:

How was Young Justice cliche? Or at least, any more than Teen Titans? Not to mention what do you mean Teen Titans "knew what it was"? It was pretty mediocre. Are you saying cartoons should stay mediocre because they're kids shows? That kind of thinking is why Ultimate Spider-Man is such a godawful cartoon.

Not to mention that Young Justice actually has consequences. Ignoring all the violent content and innuendo, the whole stuff with Red Arrow, for example. We see his life go to shambles ever since he's informed there's a mole in the team. Him and Superboy's struggles are pretty dark. We see the main characters actually go through development over several episodes, like Robin learning he's not ready to be a leader yet, or Kid Flash learning to re-prioritize his life, or Artemis overcoming her insecurity and distrust. These changes actually stick, while TT would just resolve them in one episode and do it again in the next one. How many times did we have to deal with Cyborg learning about humanity, again? The main plot with the Light sets up the premise of the second season, and the Team's quick forgiveness after M'gann abused her powers led her to abuse them five years later. Not to mention this show actually had the characters go for each other and date, unlike TT were they dragged it out for 65 episodes and did nothing with them.

These guys are good friends. Not everyone is lovey-dovey with each other, but some are closer friends than others. They've been through much stuff together, and will stick for each other when things get tough. They just don't beat you over the head with it.

And finally: Are you seriously criticizing the new main characters, especially when TT did the same and introduced dozens of new characters with no development? Seriously?

The whole 'Light' idea is especially cliche. They do it in dozens of video games and movies, as well as comics. And it is never compelling. Teen Titans knew that it was a kids show, and worked with that idea in mind. They didn't try to take themselves seriously, and it worked, with good interaction between the characters. Robin not being ready to be a leader, Kid Flash learning to re-prioritize his life and Artemis overcoming her insecurity and distrust were practically overcome in one episode each. And again, I'm not saying Young Justice is a BAD show, by no means is it, and I enjoy watching it, but I prefer TT.

And finally, yes, TT brought in dozens of characters that filled cameo roles. That worked. YJ tries to integrate them, but does a horrible job of characterizing them. They're simply not compelling as characters or as series regulars. I wouldn't mind them as cameos, though.

TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TenEyedMen

@batmanary said:

The whole 'Light' idea is especially cliche. They do it in dozens of video games and movies, as well as comics. And it is never compelling. Teen Titans knew that it was a kids show, and worked with that idea in mind. They didn't try to take themselves seriously, and it worked, with good interaction between the characters. Robin not being ready to be a leader, Kid Flash learning to re-prioritize his life and Artemis overcoming her insecurity and distrust were practically overcome in one episode each. And again, I'm not saying Young Justice is a BAD show, by no means is it, and I enjoy watching it, but I prefer TT.

And finally, yes, TT brought in dozens of characters that filled cameo roles. That worked. YJ tries to integrate them, but does a horrible job of characterizing them. They're simply not compelling as characters or as series regulars. I wouldn't mind them as cameos, though.

YJ is doing what JLU did, actually, with having many dozens of characters, but characterizing a few, with TT kinda does as well. Kinda odd that you preferred them as cameos, rather than flesh them out a bit.

Regardless, the show is still mainly focusing on the main cast, if the whole undercover plot and SS/MM's dilemma are anything to go by. I consider the newbies more like extra content. Not necessary, but cool to have it.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By batmanary

@TenEyedMen said:

@batmanary said:

YJ is doing what JLU did, actually, with having many dozens of characters, but characterizing a few, with TT kinda does as well. Kinda odd that you preferred them as cameos, rather than flesh them out a bit.

Regardless, the show is still mainly focusing on the main cast, if the whole undercover plot and SS/MM's dilemma are anything to go by. I consider the newbies more like extra content. Not necessary, but cool to have it.

I find that in JLU, the characters are properly fleshed out and likeable. In YJ, the extra characters are quite annoying, not to mention M'gann, Artemis, and Robin's f******g voice!

Just_J79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Just_J79

I loved TT. I liked how Robin ran the show and Raven was probably my favorite. But I like YJ more though. I do have to agree about it being targeted at different people. TT is more kids orientated while YJ is suited for an older crowd. YJ has some REAL story elements that you would find in shows aimed at an older crowd. The elaborate fight scenes are an example. There are character specific battles with signature fighting styles. Because there is more people the battles are more strategic. And people get hurt big time. There are no musical cut scenes or funny animations during battles.

Plus I feel that the team pairing up with the JL and their mentors like Batman, Aquaman, Supes, etc is kind of like a coming of age for them. They start seeing them as heroes of their own instead of sidekicks.

andy74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By andy74

@batmanary: "YJ is doing what JLU did, actually, with having many dozens of characters, but characterizing a few, with TT kinda does as well. Kinda odd that you preferred them as cameos, rather than flesh them out a bit."

i agree that YJ seems to be limited by the amount of time they spent on the characters growth. JL was a good show, because it had 3 full seasons (52 episodes) focusing on the core 7 members before they did the expansion. YJ did 26 episodes of the core group before they expanded. Thats half of the time they spent on JL. I mean as you said they did robin doesnt want to be batman in like one small scene that could easily have been missed. That could of realistically been a slow burn throughout multiple episodes hinting at robin not wanting to be batman and then do an episode showing fully why he doesnt want to be batman. The overarching plot of the light is interesting because i dont think any other dc show has a a main storyline that persist through multiple seasons. Teen titans had one major villain per season, which each season focused on one of the main members more so like slade-robin, trigon - raven. I mean im a big dick grayson fan, and i gotta say, teen titans so far has done a better job showcasing him. I mean they actually showed in the first season how robin was like batman by being the leader, serious and stern and not trusting his friends that much. The whole first season really captured robin going from being like batman to being more his own man and trusting his own teammates. That wasnt done in one episode but the entire season. I know realistically the writers of YJ probably only have a set amount of episodes they can create so they cant delve too deep into each character growth, but based on the show itself, teen titans showcased more character growth in a more convincing manner. Still, i like YJ tackling characters not seen in other shows or not as much ex. kid flash, aqualad, speedy, artemis. Also, does anyone know if YJ is doind well ratings/success wise, because that could give us a big hint whether the series is popular to continue for multiple seasons or that this may be the last season.

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By coolguyr99

Teen Titans was terrible. YJ is one of the best superhero shows ever.

Avatar image for invisible_witch
Invisible_Witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Invisible_Witch

I give an edge to Teen titans....

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By batmanary

@andy74 said:

@batmanary: "YJ is doing what JLU did, actually, with having many dozens of characters, but characterizing a few, with TT kinda does as well. Kinda odd that you preferred them as cameos, rather than flesh them out a bit."

i agree that YJ seems to be limited by the amount of time they spent on the characters growth. JL was a good show, because it had 3 full seasons (52 episodes) focusing on the core 7 members before they did the expansion. YJ did 26 episodes of the core group before they expanded. Thats half of the time they spent on JL. I mean as you said they did robin doesnt want to be batman in like one small scene that could easily have been missed. That could of realistically been a slow burn throughout multiple episodes hinting at robin not wanting to be batman and then do an episode showing fully why he doesnt want to be batman. The overarching plot of the light is interesting because i dont think any other dc show has a a main storyline that persist through multiple seasons. Teen titans had one major villain per season, which each season focused on one of the main members more so like slade-robin, trigon - raven. I mean im a big dick grayson fan, and i gotta say, teen titans so far has done a better job showcasing him. I mean they actually showed in the first season how robin was like batman by being the leader, serious and stern and not trusting his friends that much. The whole first season really captured robin going from being like batman to being more his own man and trusting his own teammates. That wasnt done in one episode but the entire season. I know realistically the writers of YJ probably only have a set amount of episodes they can create so they cant delve too deep into each character growth, but based on the show itself, teen titans showcased more character growth in a more convincing manner. Still, i like YJ tackling characters not seen in other shows or not as much ex. kid flash, aqualad, speedy, artemis. Also, does anyone know if YJ is doind well ratings/success wise, because that could give us a big hint whether the series is popular to continue for multiple seasons or that this may be the last season.

I was under the impression that it was doing alright, ratings-wise.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eternal19

i like Young Justice robin better it captured Dicks personality better. Teen Titans robin seemed to much like a younger version of batman to me and i was confused on whether it was Dick or Tim since he was using a bow staff, it wasnt until they had that future episode where he was nightwing that i figured out it was Dick. but, i grew up with Teen Titans so im going with teen titans. theres to many charecters in young Justice and your favorite charecter might get overshadowed by other charecters.

Avatar image for underdogs_overboard
UnderDogs_OverBoard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

young Justice,

why?

cuz Robin is cooler in it...

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jonEsherfey

Teen Titans.

flashpass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By flashpass

Teen Titans, even tho YJ has the perfect Nightwing

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#38  Edited By joshuagamer

well, teen titans has the nostalgia factor and was consistently played, but i think young justice is slightly better (i just wish one season didn't take a decade to air)

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Young Justice, Sure Teen Titans was a good show when you're younger (I'm 14), but it like Power Rangers is one of those shows once you watch when you get older look at yourself and wonder why you ever got interested in this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen Titans in a stomp.

daviddv0601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The things I loved about Teen Titans:

1. Cyborg was the best thing about the show.
  2. While I hated the anime jokes, I still liked the comedy.
  3. The action scenes were great.
  4. This show is the reason I love Deathstroke so much.
  5. It showed true teamwork among the team.
  6. It shows what teenagers go through while they still save the world.
  7. It could be deep whenever it wanted to.
  8. Many characters and villains were well developed with personalities.

The things I hated about Teen Titans:

1. It would be childish most of the time.
  2. Like I said before, I wasn't fond of the anime jokes.

The things I loved about Young Justice:

1. It was very well illustrated.
  2. The action scenes were good.
  3. Some storylines were good.
  4. It was aimed at an older audience.

The things I hated about Young Justice:

1. THERE WAS NO CYBORG!!!
  2. It would be boring most of the time.
  3. I am not into the romance between the characters.
  4. I didn't like Deathstroke's appearance.

That comes down to the point where I say that Teen Titans was a bit of a better show than Young Justice.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Galactic_1000

YJ

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young Justice didn't make me care about the charcters. They focused more on dialogue and exposition than character development. And honestly, the plot was a bit bland at times. In comparison to Teen Titans, where team members would get entire seasons dedicated to give them for character arcs, genuinely fleshing out these charcters out and made us love them.

While YJ, might be your traditional DC property, I think that's why TT beats it, because it subverts superhero tropes. Also, I also really liked TT's anime humor. Guess I'm alone.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

Young Justice didn't make me care about the charcters. They focused more on dialogue and exposition than character development. And honestly, the plot was a bit bland at times. In comparison to Teen Titans, where team members would get entire seasons dedicated to give them for character arcs, genuinely fleshing out these charcters out and made us love them.

While YJ, might be your traditional DC property, I think that's why TT beats it, because it subverts superhero tropes. Also, I also really liked TT's anime humor. Guess I'm alone.

i'm with you

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen Titans by a hair

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen Titans was slightly better. Season 2 of Young Justice was downright confusing to me

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have not watched all of young justice so i can't judge it fully but i watched most of season 1 and so far teen titans is the better show it was funnier and had way better action and just the more likable show so far i will finish young justice soon so i can judge better but right now tt has it

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GXrevs06

Young Justice edges it for me. TT was too immature and goofy at times and had too many jokes. Further, I found episodic structure really jarring. Only 2-3 episodes of the 13 episode season would focus on actual plot and rest was padded with filler.

YJ has better writing, character development and plot elements that carried through to each and every episode. It also contained a ot foreshadowing mystery surrounding the characters, which I found really compelling and engaging.