#1 Edited by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

on my phone so i cant post links on the text box unless its a video so just check the description of video for the link

some guy on youtube said its cuz dc lostthe license to static and a bunch of other characters is that true?

#2 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL, this guy makes it sound like it's the end of the world. It's a good show, but still....

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, I f**king love how the second Stephanie Brown cameos, the show gets cancelled.

Hilarious.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio

so some random guy on youtube has big news like this before big websites do? yeah I don't believe it...not one bit....plus there hasn't been any word of DC losing any characters and even if they did lose the rights to Static then what would it matter....at this point he's made only a small cameo in the show and so again what would it matter if they suddenly made him disappear

#5 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

so some random guy on youtube has big news like this before big websites do? yeah I don't believe it...not one bit....plus there hasn't been any word of DC losing any characters and even if they did lose the rights to Static then what would it matter....at this point he's made only a small cameo in the show and so again what would it matter if they suddenly made him disappear

check the link in the description

#6 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7213 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio

@tahmidk said:

@danhimself said:

check the link in the description

yup don't believe that guy either....I've never even heard of this Rob Paulson guy and they're only half way through the season...still plenty of time to make an announcement..until WB or DC makes an official announcement then I won't listen to rumors

#8 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@tahmidk: DC Nation is pulled from the schedule till January because Cartoon Network has 20th anniversary plans till then. All the DC shows will be back in January

#9 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

Not because of Static. Most of his creators are dead. And they've been using Milestone characters since season one.

But god damn. I thought this show would last a hundred episodes. The show did some things better than the actual DC comics coming out today, Oh well.

#10 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7213 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand this is just a rumor. But my thoughts.

#11 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

I understand this is just a rumor. But my thoughts.

Six Seasons and a Movie... indeed.

#12 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

This show was the ONLY reason I tuned into Cartoon Network. It'll be back, this isn't the first time the show's gone on a "haitus".

#13 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's being "Postponed" rather than cancelled, still sucks that this is happening, though...

I think it's going to be back In January.

Actually, now that I think about it it seems this ending could just be giving space for Beware the Batman and Teen Titans, Go! But it's still very sad.

#14 Posted by inferiorego (21239 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of people say a lot of things on youtube.

Staff
#15 Edited by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Can you people not read? it's getting cancelled after this season ends, as in it's not being renewed. I know it's on hiatus but what im seeing is this will be the last season, i know that it's coming back but after that it's as good as done.

there's a link from a credible source(interview with voice actor for impulse) backing it up in the description

#16 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry I don't buy into rumors! If you say it's glass, prove it, and break it, and I may believe you!

#17 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: the link of the interview with the voice actor of impulse confirming there are no plans to begin production of anymore young justice?

#18 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio
@tahmidk said:

@evilvegeta74: the link of the interview with the voice actor of impulse confirming there are no plans to begin production of anymore young justice?

He is stating that they are finished for season 2 as it is only 20 episodes. They have yet to begin production on season 3 because it hasn't been green lit yet. It is not confirmed as canceled yet......
#19 Posted by danhimself (22292 posts) - - Show Bio

@tahmidk said:

Can you people not read? it's getting cancelled after this season ends, as in it's not being renewed. I know it's on hiatus but what im seeing is this will be the last season, i know that it's coming back but after that it's as good as done.

there's a link from a credible source(interview with voice actor for impulse) backing it up in the description

I read and listened to the interview....a voice actor is NOT a credible source...he only knows what the higher ups tell him...just because he isn't working or hasn't been told anything doesn't mean that the show is cancelled

#20 Posted by Z3RO180 (6325 posts) - - Show Bio

@tahmidk: just cause one cast member says so does not make it true

#21 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: The name "Rob Paulson" strikes me as sketchy becuase thats a character from Fight Club; "his name was Robert Paulson...(repeated)".

#22 Posted by Teerack (5399 posts) - - Show Bio

The worst news :(

#23 Posted by Kreature (184 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: actually Rob Paulsen is the guy who voiced pinky, yakko, and a bunch of other cartoon characters.

#24 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kreature: I didn't know that, I just thought the name might be an alias for the rumor spreader

#25 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this not the same guy on youtube who claimed that Batman would die in TDKR before the movie was released but when it came out he really did not? Even if not, it still points out that some people spew a lot of false statements on the web.

#26 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

God Its not cancelled! stop trying to start BS rumors.

#27 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio
@MadeInBangladesh did u even read what I said? I KNOW ITS ON A FREAKING HIATUS BUT THIS WILL BE THE LAST SEASON, ive repeated this several times, how dense can some people get
#28 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

This video is kind of hilarious.

#29 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84595 posts) - - Show Bio

@tahmidk said:

@MadeInBangladesh did u even read what I said? I KNOW ITS ON A FREAKING HIATUS BUT THIS WILL BE THE LAST SEASON, ive repeated this several times, how dense can some people get

Breathe

#30 Posted by Crackdown (590 posts) - - Show Bio

@aaunderoath said:

@tahmidk: DC Nation is pulled from the schedule till January because Cartoon Network has 20th anniversary plans till then. All the DC shows will be back in January

OH SNAP, LOGIC PULLS THROUGH AGAIN

#31 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

#32 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3864 posts) - - Show Bio

If CN cancels YJ then CN goes bye bye

#33 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

There is little concrete evidence to support full out cancellation. I wouldn't be surprised if they did cancel it but this "credible source" isn't very convincing or conclusive

#34 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see it ending after this season, wasn't it only scheduled for 2 seasons?

#35 Posted by cameron83 (6680 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: I agreed

#36 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crackdown: Yea IMO it makes no sense .. they're celebrating by PULLING cartoons -_-

#37 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Well technically Young Justice was canceled awhile ago. As of late they have been airing Young Justice: Invasion. It's the difference between Justice League and Justice League Unlimited or Batman TAS and Batman and Robin. Same continuity, but different show. So I guess he's right after all! j/k, kinda.

#38 Posted by TDK_1997 (14467 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the show would be stopped for a while but I don't think that they will cancel it.

#39 Posted by Ranillon (1 posts) - - Show Bio

It's nice to see from some of the posts here that denial is not just a river in Egypt!

The fact that WB or DC or CN have not come out and "officially" declared Young Justice dead is not a good reason to therefore act as though everything is fine. Such companies will almost NEVER make such an announcement before they absolutely have to for many reasons, one of which is to avoid having to deal with irrate fans any longer than they have to. In this case it makes sense to wait until the last of the second season is about to come out before announcing the series is toast. After all, it would increase viewership for those last episodes at the time you want it to while putting off any firestorm from fans. Think about it -- you make the announcement then when it's cancelation is already an accomplished fact with fans having little time to complain, let alone try to make trouble for the companies involved. You also wait because of the press it will generate in the short term in hopes of raising ratings. Spill the beans now and for the casual viewer they would have forgotten by January -- and, let's face it. the companies involved already take the rabid fans for granted. They know you will watch no matter what so all that matters is getting the casual viewer -- and that means waiting until you are about to show the last of the episodes before making big announcements, not months beforehand.

Add in reports from those involved that production has stopped, that the related toys are no longer being sold, and that fact that cartoon series rarely go longer than two seasons anyway and the odds are VERY GOOD that Young Justice has been cancelled. Sure, it's not guaranteed and we can always hope, but denouncing those who predict its end as being trouble-makers looking for attention is just being clueless. At this point we should expect the worse and plan accordingly (such as pressuring companies to tells us what's happening now so that we have time for campaigns, complaints, etc) rather than just yelling at doomsayers, putting out fingers in our ears, and humming real loud in hopes that the usual fate for cartoon series somehow doesn't magically apply to Young Justice.

Remember -- WB and CN ultimately don't give a damn about popularity or story quality or how much the show means to fans. They just care about making money and if they think they'll make more by cancelling Young Justice (just as they regularly do for such shows) then they will. Everything they do will be built around manipulating events to enchance their profit while discouraging bad press. That means keeping the done-deal of YJ's death as much a secret as they can until the right moment (which this is not).

#40 Edited by YoungJustice (6682 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude...not cancelled. Production has stopped. There are no confirmations of cancellation. They might cancel it when Beware The Batman and Teen Titans come on though. Unless they extended the DC Nation block to 2 hours. I highly doubt that they'll get rid of it though, since it does bring in the most money.