• 65 results
#1 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio
Not all that mature - Marvel Adventures Super Heroes #5
90's Version

You can go to either the DC or Marvel universes. You have zero powers but you do have your memories of the real world. Who do you work for and why?

You have to pick a super villain for a boss. It can even be a low end villain like Rhino or even Harley for crying out loud (that would be fun to say the least, she's never been a boss so it would be fun to see what she would do with that power}.

Who would you AVOID working for at all costs? : )

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley did have a gang in her series..

Anyways, I'll choose The Riddler, why? Well..good question..(No pun indeed.)

#3 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

TOAA, so i can be like Living Tribunal :P

#4 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

That's WAY above henchmen level. :P

#5 Edited by The Stegman (26078 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, I guess I'd choose to work for Lex Luthor or the Penguin, at least I'd get paid reasonably, and I would absolutely never work for the Joker.

#6 Posted by lightsout (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex or anyone with a giant company/organization. Easy to get lost & have little responsibility (and you'd never be in the position to screw up so badly you'd get killed - just fired at worst).

#7 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Hmmm, I guess I'd choose to work for Lex Luthor, at least I'd get paid reasonably, and I would absolutely never work for the Joker.

If you fail Lex (probably likely...you VS Supes? Really?} I don't think he is gonna save your behind from the beating you will take. : )

#8 Posted by The Stegman (26078 posts) - - Show Bio
@lorbo: I doubt any villain will TRULY save you if you fall down before a hero...maybe Magneto...maybe, so it wouldn't matter anyway, and plus if I work for Lex, I'd at least have some good weaponry with me, top notch stuff, and even if I lose to Superman, at least I can say I fought Superman.
#9 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto...the most honorable villain ever. : )

Uncanny X-Men #1
Magneto by Greg Land
#10 Posted by FiMFTW (687 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus, and become a badass herald.

#11 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio
@lorbo said:

Magneto...the most honorable villain ever. : )

Uncanny X-Men #1
Magneto by Greg Land
Hell yeah.
#12 Posted by 18hunt (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus so I can be an awesome heralds

#13 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10704 posts) - - Show Bio

Does batman count? He has a lot of henchmen I mean family

#14 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35151 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultron

Your flesh is weak and weakness must be purged......

#15 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15132 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: Hell yeah.

#16 Edited by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

Take this for one size... your almost better off working for a supervillain than being Batman's Robin. Why you ask?

Have you ever wondered why Bat's has his sidekicks wear bright flashy colors while he always wears black? And you wonder why he never gets shot but his sidekicks keep getting killed or injured LOL.

You have a better survival rate working with Magneto than Bats any day. So long you don't tick Mags off, which is actually kind of hard to do. By now he could have soloed Wolverine but won't cause he's a nice guy at heart.

#17 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

Riddler for sure.

#18 Posted by judasnixon (7233 posts) - - Show Bio

M.O.D.O.K. I don't why? I guess I really want one of those yellow beekeeper outfits those A.I.M. guys wear.

#19 Edited by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

I have always thought working for Killer Croc or Rhino would be interesting. Rumor is they are both as dumb as rocks. If that is the case, you could really be the boss even though they think they are LOL.

You could have them do all the work you don't wanna do. : )

With them thinking your doing THEM a favor the whole time LOL.

Sadly the arrangement might not last long because I for see your partner getting soloed waay before you even though you lack superpowers. : )

#20 Edited by The_Tree (7984 posts) - - Show Bio

Penguin. He's not insane, I'll get to wear nice suits, and he doesn't really ask for too much. I bet he pays well, too.

Hell, if I'm good enough, he'll put me in charge in his absence.

#21 Posted by lorbo (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

Penguin. He's not insane, I'll get to wear nice suits, and he doesn't really ask for too much. I bet he pays well, too.

is

Hmmm...didn't he used to be fat? New 52 is trying to make even Penguin sexy? You have got to be kidding me LOL?

#22 Posted by The_Tree (7984 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorbo: That's not the Penguin. It's his best henchman, whom he put in charge while he was away.

#23 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (673 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably go with Talia al Ghul for 2 reasons:

1. I'll be a deadly assassin.

2. Good looking boss.

P.S. Just got to call in sick when Batman is in town.

#24 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (20300 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy:

He waged war on the world government for one of his subordinates.

#25 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. Purely subjective! I've always considered Tribunal TOAAs henchman, who does his bidding when needed. :D

@Xanni15 said:

@P0rtal said:

That's WAY above henchmen level. :P

#26 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Easy.

#27 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone that minimizes me getting beaten up and/or killed

#28 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, interesting question.

Well, the one villain who I'd wanna avoid would be the Joker. Aside from looking and being absolutely terrifying, I don't think his criminal enterprise has a HR department. He seems like the kind of villain to be just as likely to kill of henchmen as he would innocent civilians.

As for which villain I'd work for, it would probably go to Dr. Doom. Yeah he has the whole iron fist dictator ego thing going on, but aside from that he seems relatively stable recently, and Latveria's got like a zero crime rate. Plus his country has a totally b*tchin flag:

#30 Edited by TheBane2890 (1958 posts) - - Show Bio

Top 5 villains I'd work for...

1. Bane
  2. Talia
  3. Magneto
  4. Ra's
  5. Lex

Top 5 villains I'd avoid working for...

1. Joker
  2. Mr. Zsasz
  3. Toad
  4. Nick Fury
  5. Cobra Commander
#31 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

Penguin's lackeys are just fodder.

#32 Posted by TDK_1997 (15101 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be a henchman in DC.Maybe I am going to work for someone crazy.Hhaha

#33 Posted by mhanuroth (209 posts) - - Show Bio

i will work with talia, ras or Bane

#34 Posted by kingsloth (249 posts) - - Show Bio

I would avoid darksied at all cost dont want to be a parademon. I'd probably choose sinestro.

#35 Posted by kingsloth (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

do you read the dark night, hattter last issue stood on a stool and gauged one of his henchemens eyes out.

#36 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingsloth: Cool !

#37 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, working for a rich villain like Lex would have its perks, I bet.

I don't want to work for a poor villain, though.

#38 Posted by ImmortalOne (3539 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus, then I'd be his herald.

#39 Posted by Pwok21 (2459 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom.

I'd just get to sit back and watch Doom bots do all the work!

#40 Posted by EMH_Bruce (775 posts) - - Show Bio

If I would be Maiza's henchman, I would be immortal =D

and he's cool and nice xD (for someone from the Mafia)

#41 Posted by comicace3 (6668 posts) - - Show Bio

DOOM Or Lex Luther

#42 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think all villains who use henchmans, and have the power to eliminate you can, and will for failing them. I don't think they pay THAT well either. I always view it as a little bit over what our military personnel get. It would be a decent pay if you weren't risking your life so much.

If I had to choose since I'm uber strong, or can't find work I'd pick Ra's Al Ghul his knowledge is vast, and it be dope to be trained to be a assassin. I mean the training would suck, it would be literally hell on earth every training session, but the upside is my dream to go rogue. Besides that I'd pick Lex, and hopefully plan a way to steal some tech. Probably take me over a year though.

I would stay away from Joker, Black Mask, Two-Face, DOOM, and basically anyone that I've seen abuse their henchmen and/or eliminate them

( + )

#43 Posted by The_Tree (7984 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Pretty much everyone's henchmen are just fodder.

#44 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't really be anyone's henchman, but I could definitely be an assassin for Poison Ivy, Sinestro, Scarecrow, Harley Quinn or Bane. I feel like I could really get along with any of those guys/girls and I think I'd be willing to take a bullet for ivy, bane or quinn.

#45 Edited by BlueLantern1995 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

I would choose someone who wouldn't betray me. So probably Galactus or Doctor Doom. You know what I like the idea of being Doctor Doom's henchmen...Make it happen LOL.

#46 Posted by Cap10nate (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely wouldn't be a henchman for anyone who is on the Punisher's radar. They are killed in droves.

#47 Posted by Joygirl (19955 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley did have henchmen... in fact, in her solo you actually see specific henchmen and learn about about henching in general. But as much as I love her I would not work for her, she killed most of her own guys. I'd probably go with Riddler or Penguin (if Penguin is "reasonable businessman Penguin" rather than "cutthroat maniac" Penguin). Lex is a good choice but there is too high of a chance of his entire building coming down. Joker is a no-no. Two-Face, one side of the coin ends with you dead.

#48 Posted by Spawn92 (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro. Do it for the power ring!

#49 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor. Chances are he wont kill and you are likely to get paid.

#50 Posted by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mandarin, but I'd tell people I work for Doctor Doom. XD