Yo People! Cosplay isn't Consent!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@catsnlynne: That is why I am awesome and you are not. That is why I am awesome and you are not. That is why I am awesome and you are not. That is why I am awesome and you are not....... That is my new favorite song........ Oh yeah! That is why I am awesome and you are not.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@catsnlynne: That is why I am awesome and you are not. That is why I am awesome and you are not. That is why I am awesome and you are not. That is why I am awesome and you are not....... That is my new favorite song........ Oh yeah! That is why I am awesome and you are not.

No not awesome. Stupid to think that you could start a topic like you did and everyone would agree to what you said.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403  Edited By judasnixon

@catsnlynne: That is why I'm so awesome and nobody likes you. I'm so cool and great and awesome and you just suck. (still singing) why is your face is made with poo poo......

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@bumpyboo said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@lykopis:

I suppose that's possible. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I've ever seen or heard about Wales or the Welsh in American T.V./Films, even though I definitely have seen mention of Scotland, England and Ireland in things. I wonder why Wales gets overlooked.

Good to know it's known in Canada though. :)

Damn right, preach it sisters! WALES AWARENESS, PEOPLE!!

:P

No Caption Provided

VIVA CYMRU! :D

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catsnlynne: That is why I'm so awesome and nobody likes you. I'm so cool and great and awesome and you just suck. (still singing) why is your face is made with poo poo......

lol

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@bumpyboo said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@lykopis:

I suppose that's possible. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I've ever seen or heard about Wales or the Welsh in American T.V./Films, even though I definitely have seen mention of Scotland, England and Ireland in things. I wonder why Wales gets overlooked.

Good to know it's known in Canada though. :)

Damn right, preach it sisters! WALES AWARENESS, PEOPLE!!

:P

No Caption Provided

VIVA CYMRU! :D

Hell no! @bumpyboo - I think we all know its more like THIS!

No touching though :P

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408  Edited By Catsnlynne

It's obvious from your immature comments that you think that any girl who dresses like a slut deserves to be touched and have rude things said to her and that it's all her fault.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@lykopis: Rwyf wrth fy modd beth wnaethoch chi yno.

<3

@v_scarlotte_rose: Proud ^_^

@pyrogram: Dim cyffwrdd! Damn right no touching :P Just because Welsh people are so damn sexy does not make them objects!! XD

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By judasnixon

@catsnlynne: This the song that doesn't end and you still don't have a freind.... You are sadder than a fat kid who dropped his juice box.....(still singing)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By Pyrogram

@bumpyboo: Hah! What....So I guess you don't want me to make that hand-chiseled Marble statue of you?...It's an "object" *cries*

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@bumpyboo: Hah! What....So I guess you don't want me to make that hand-chiseled Marble statue of you?...It's an "object" *cries*

Na chychwïor, doeddwn i ddim yn golygu ei fod fel 'na! Rydych yn gwybod Rwyf wrth fy modd i chi mewn gwirionedd! <3

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@pyrogram: Dim cyffwrdd! Damn right no touching :P Just because Welsh people are so damn sexy does not make them objects!! XD

Even if someone is dressed as Fireman Sam, still no touching.

Sam Is The Hero Next Dooooooor!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

OMG Sam Tân!! (as we know him here) I looooooooooooove him!!! O_O

*'splodes*

@pyrogram said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: It is time I told you girls @bumpyboo

I am actually ---

Pffft!
Fireman Sam>>>>>>>>>>Tom Jones :P

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By BumpyBoo

@pyrogram: But Mickey Mouse BS is the basis of our entire friendship O_O

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#421  Edited By akbogert

@pyrogram said: No touching though :P

*cries* I'm still laughing.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424  Edited By BumpyBoo
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By Pyrogram
BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I'm telling people what it takes to be a good fireman. What did you think I meant? O_O

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@bumpyboo said:

OMG Sam Tân!! (as we know him here) I looooooooooooove him!!! O_O

*'splodes*

@pyrogram said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: It is time I told you girls @bumpyboo

I am actually ---

Pffft!

Fireman Sam>>>>>>>>>>Tom Jones :P

So true. Even live:

Loading Video...

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I haven't been to a comic convention but I do go to all the Renaissance fairs that I can. I dress up and there are always other people dressed up. Sometimes in somewhat scantily clad outfits. I remember there was a woman wearing a chainmail bikini with a red wig, she did get ogled some and one guy was pretty rude to her. I'm not going to repeat what he said, but something hilarious happened right afterwards, her boyfriend walked up dressed like Conan and just as big and ripped as Conan from the comics the guy just walked away quite fast lol.

I went a little off topic there but this stuff does happen, and it isn't ok to walk up and proposition them just because of what they are wearing. If you wear scanty clothes you will most likely be ogled, man or woman, that does not however mean that it is ok to harass them just because of what they are wearing, and wearing clothes like that doesn't mean they are "asking for it". It is truly f##ked up that that argument is accepted by people as being true. I mean if I wear a short dress that show's a lot of leg that does not mean I'm offering what lies between them. Of course I don't shave my legs and I'm a man so I probably wouldn't be propositioned, still the point stands.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People saying that women that are in costumes that show skin are being sex objects is f##ked up. Also saying that the characters they are cosplaying as are sex objects is pretty messed up two. Fictional or real, no person should be a sex object. There are indeed sex objects though, they are objects designed specifically for sexual acts. They are more often called sex toys though.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

i think its pretty obvious nobody should be touched , harassed or whatever while ANYWHERE PERIOD.

With that said keep in mind anyone dressing up in public wearing costumes revealing or not MAN OR WOMAN, people are always going stare at something out of the ordinary. God i wish we all could just wear superhero costumes everyday and make it the norm

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@lykopis: thats not including forced engulfment.

also, are ypou legitimately quiting this thread?

@blood1991: I f you dress like your rich, people are gonnatry harder to steal from you

@sc: If you say so

@shawnbaby: thats estimated based on report of rape (which men are less likely to give)

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#436 SC  Moderator
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon: "peopel have diiferent opinions than me, better act like an angry child"

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: I have no idea what you were trying to say in your last comment,(you qoited me and said it was a demonstration) please tell me what you meant

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vortex13 said:

People saying that women that are in costumes that show skin are being sex objects is f##ked up. Also saying that the characters they are cosplaying as are sex objects is pretty messed up two. Fictional or real, no person should be a sex object. There are indeed sex objects though, they are objects designed specifically for sexual acts. They are more often called sex toys though.

Yep.

@betatesthighlander1:

Forced implies assault.

No idea what you mean by quitting this thread - I've remained a participant.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: thats estimated based on report of rape (which men are less likely to give)

You said that the cases of attempted penetration on men and women were equal and you cited that report as your source. That report does not give the statistic you mentioned...which is pretty compelling evidence that you pulled your statistics straight out of your ass. It's pretty sick and twisted to make up rape statistics to try and win an argument.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#441 SC  Moderator

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@sc: I have no idea what you were trying to say in your last comment,(you qoited me and said it was a demonstration) please tell me what you meant

I am really sorry, but if you can't understand then you can't understand. Thats okay, some people for various reasons can't always understand. Like willingness for one, like if you really didn't understand, and wanted to sincerely, you probably wouldn't have replied passively aggressively (even if unintentionally so) with "if you say so" you would have asked me to explain then and there. So I am sorry you have been ultra nice to talk to, and ultra nice people are great, but if you don't understand, aren't sincere, or aren't willing, I don't think I can explain anything for you in simpler terms. Thank you for your time and discussion.

@lykopis said:

Forced implies assault., No idea what you mean by quitting this thread - I've remained a participant.

Great point about forced, something not really talked about as far as this thread is that for all the people spouting rhetoric about assuming risks, there is a difference between assuming risks and being forced upon. I mean this sort of incredibly stupid logic justifies and or apologizes children at playgrounds being abducted by child snatchers. Well, parents should know that by taking children to parks there is a risk, of course parents bloody well know that, people who aren't parents but possess working brains know that, but there is a clear difference between knowing risks and consent and knowing risks various degrees of consent. Everyone has basic rights, that interact with others. Which means a person who goes out in public doesn't have a right for people to not look at them. That would obviously interfere with other peoples rights because using vision isn't something that some people can use but not others, as far as rights. This bizarre assumption that cosplayers, people, girls, boy should know better and or if an individuals subjective understanding of a situation entitles that persons assumptions to act out on ways that violates peoples rights is something that I can't believe comes from a mind that cares about anyone ever or cares enough about reality enough to sincerely think and consider.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In an attempt to clear up confusion I've brought with me some graphical aids.

This is a Sex Object:

It is made of plastic. It is filled with air. It is just an object.
It is made of plastic. It is filled with air. It is just an object.

This is a Human Being:

She is made of all the same things you are. She is filled with thoughts, feelings and ideas. She is a Person and should be treated like one.
She is made of all the same things you are. She is filled with thoughts, feelings and ideas. She is a Person and should be treated like one.
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444  Edited By Pyrogram
Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446  Edited By Vortex13

I don't agree with what I'm about to post, I look at it from a standpoint of humor. And it is actually fairly relevant to the discussion.

No Caption Provided

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: your eeverting back to the beggining of the argument sc, that or your usinga chewbacca defense

@shawnbaby: did I sat penetration? I meaqnt rape for what it matters, and the 1.26 million for both sexes is mentioned in there

also there's this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_by_gender

@lykopis: you said you were aou in responce to my last comment

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrgreenlantern: harrassed can be a pretty vague term, when does joking end and harrassment begin?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: your eeverting back to the beggining of the argument sc, that or your usinga chewbacca defense

@shawnbaby: did I sat penetration? I meaqnt rape for what it matters, and the 1.26 million for both sexes is mentioned in there

also there's this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_by_gender

@lykopis: you said you were aou in responce to my last comment

@lykopis: http://www.cdc.gov/ViolencePrevention/pdf/NISVS_Report2010-a.pdf 1.27 million men, and 1.27 million women had forced penetration attempted upon them

That is what you said. I Proved those stats were false and now you try and change it. Point out EXACTLY in your report where it gives those numbers. Since it explicitly states that almost 22 Million women have been raped in the lifetime figures. It does state that 1.27 Million had been raped during that 12 month cycle. For Men it stated 1.5 Million Lifetime....and it couldn't actually state any figures for the 12 month period.

For Men and Women...The stats it states are 1 in 5 females are raped. 1 in 71 Males are raped. Those figures are not equal. There is no way to misinterpret those figures as being anywhere close to equal.