Yesternight's Episode of Teen Titans Go! Nailed It.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yesterday's episode of Teen Titans Go! titled "The Return of Slade" was perfect. It did what it's been doing for the past few dozens of episodes, but much better.

It told adult comic and cartoon fans something they need to be told, but hate hearing: Things change, and it's time to move on. At first when I saw it, I was like "Yeah. You guys hoping to return to the glory days when 'things were much simpler' and you had your precious cartoons need to chill out, wipe the foam from your mouths, and move on to better things. Let the next generation of kids enjoy what's being made for them." But then I realized it doesn't just apply to the Teen Titans or Young Justice shows, it pertains to comic fans as well.

How long are you going to cling to your childhood like a whiny sack of sad? Why can't you allow comic characters to grow, and new ones to take their place in the forefront of their respective universes?

And that's where Teen Titans Go! comes in. It is a great show on it's own for kids, and I can see the values it can teach them, and I like it for what it is. Now if only you all can do the same for today's comics and cartoons.

But who am I kidding? Lol.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm behind pretty far on TTG, but this sounds like a good one

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I saw it, it was fantastic

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Sounds like a moral we man-children could learn from.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By darkdetective27

I dont have a problem that it is different in fact I was looking forward to this show, but it just didnt seem to be that good. I did like all the easter eggs that they would hide in the episodes.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdetective27: The easter eggs are for us. A lot of the humor is for us as well, as kids today just simply won't get most of the jokes. But the cartoony aesthetic is for today's generation of kids. In order to enjoy that show, you must be able to find a middle ground, and think about things from an adult's perspective looking back at the past.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

@twentyfive: I really like the chibi art style with the flash animation. I just didnt care for the show overall I dont know what I was expecting but I just didnt care too much for it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

It was hilarious and very appropriate.