gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided
Yahoo.com likes to release their list of top searches.  It's always interesting to see what people are looking up (that use yahoo).  So here is this year's top ten most searched superheroes:

1. Batman
2. Iron Man
3. Spider-Man
4. Hulk
5. Superman
6. X-Men
7. Hellboy
8. Wolverine
9. Wonder Woman
10. Ghost Rider

It's a little suprising.  Batman and Iron Man I get being towards the top since they're movies were so successful.  Spider-Man is a given.  Hulk had his movie as well.  It's great that Hellboy made the list.  You'd think Wolverine would've been up higher.  What's interesting is Ghost Rider being on the list.  No offense to the GR fans but really?

Who do you think should have been on the list?
The Minuteman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The Minuteman

I'd think Punisher would've been on there before Ghost Rider.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

Spider-man over the hulk and spidey didn't even have a movie released this year

Graft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Graft

GHOST RIDER! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

The Minuteman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Minuteman
pixelized said:
"Spider-man over the hulk and spidey didn't even have a movie released this year"
Spidey did however have a weekly comic, and a new cartoon.
V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By V

Im surprised GR made the list and Captain America didn't.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

agreed

no love for the spirit? or punisher?

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By NightFang3

How come the Punisher didn't make the list or Captain America?

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I am going to start my sentence with, "I am surprised that..."

I am surprised that Wonder Woman made the list too. Surely the news about her movie being cancelled/on hiatus  would've been gotten over by now. And as usual, DC are giving her minimal promotion. Could it be her Direct-to-DVD movie?
Outcast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Outcast

I'm surprised that Wonder Woman, Hellboy and Ghost Rider made the list to be honest..

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By Zoom

Eh.

The thing is biased because of the sheer amount of people using yahoo to find theatre times, actors names on imdb after watching the movies, etc.

That's why the two superheroes with the best movies last year hold the top two spots.  That's the only reason Hellboy is on the list at all.

dukealoops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dukealoops

how did ghost rider ever come close to on the list

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zoom
dukealoops said:
"how did ghost rider ever come close to on the list"
He had a movie come out and a strongly pushed series start up relatively recently.
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Methos

i'm surprised no Green Lantern made the list...

M

Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I think Hulk should be on the the very top of the list, because his movie was alot better than Batman's.
Hulk's movie was all about  Bruce Banner getting rid of The Hulk. Then He decided to keep The Hulk so
he can use it to be a super hero and protect people from villains like The Abomomination. I think if they made a sequel to this movie, Hulk would be a hero protecting people from The Leader and General Ross would stop chasing him.
Batman's movie was good,but it was more about people that started to hate him for leting Joker kill alot of people and Mr. Fox had quit working for him. Which means he was turned from being a hero to a villain and
he took the blame for Two Face's death. In the next Batman movie the police will try to find out who Batman is. After that they would either kill him or throw him in jail forever. It is very missed up for a hero to turn into a villain.

I think they should''ve added the Spirit. Why do they have Spider-Man up there his  fourth movie doesn't come out until 2010. It would be a while for that movie to come out. Ghost Rider is on rhe list because people think that there might be a sequel to the Ghost Rider movie. I think Wolverine is on the bottom of the list,because his movie might not be that good and people rather see X-Men 4.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
Nighthunter said:
"agreed

no love for the spirit? or punisher?"
LOL

After seeing The Spirit's movie... I think he has lost quite a few fans

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nitric

No love for Captain America?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn
Nitric said:
"No love for Captain America?"
Yeah That Is A Little Weird... but Cap hasnt had a Movie or a TV Show though...
Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nitric
King Saturn said:
"Yeah That Is A Little Weird... but Cap hasnt had a Movie or a TV Show though..."
True. I just figured he was quite a popular character, and although his death was quite a while ago, it seems like I still hear about it ALL the time. And he has to be more popular than Ghost Rider.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By King_Saturn
Nitric said:
"King Saturn said:
"Yeah That Is A Little Weird... but Cap hasnt had a Movie or a TV Show though..."
True. I just figured he was quite a popular character, and although his death was quite a while ago, it seems like I still hear about it ALL the time. And he has to be more popular than Ghost Rider."
It Would Seem That Way
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zoom
Incredible Hulk-Prime said:
"

I think Hulk should be on the the very top of the list, because his movie was alot better than Batman's.
Hulk's movie was all about  Bruce Banner getting rid of The Hulk. Then He decided to keep The Hulk so
he can use it to be a super hero and protect people from villains like The Abomomination. I think if they made a sequel to this movie, Hulk would be a hero protecting people from The Leader and General Ross would stop chasing him.
Batman's movie was good,but it was more about people that started to hate him for leting Joker kill alot of people and Mr. Fox had quit working for him. Which means he was turned from being a hero to a villain and
he took the blame for Two Face's death. In the next Batman movie the police will try to find out who Batman is. After that they would either kill him or throw him in jail forever. It is very missed up for a hero to turn into a villain.

I think they should''ve added the Spirit. Why do they have Spider-Man up there his  fourth movie doesn't come out until 2010. It would be a while for that movie to come out. Ghost Rider is on rhe list because people think that there might be a sequel to the Ghost Rider movie. I think Wolverine is on the bottom of the list,because his movie might not be that good and people rather see X-Men 4.

"

They didn't make this list.  They can't just add the Spirit.  It's a list of top searches.

Also, does anyone else find a Hulk fan calling Batman unheroic ironic? Not like the Hulk goes out of his way to prevent death.  Quite the opposite at times.
Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nitric
Zoom said:
"They didn't make this list.  They can't just add the Spirit.  It's a list of top searches.

Also, does anyone else find a Hulk fan calling Batman unheroic ironic? Not like the Hulk goes out of his way to prevent death.  Quite the opposite at times."

True that.
Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Suigetsu

Goo Ghost Rider Goo!!!

Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Suigetsu

Goo Ghost Rider Goo!!!

Avatar image for ree_fullface_cap_nine
ree-fullface-cap_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

cap and punisher

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Static Shock
Zoom said:
"Eh.

The thing is biased because of the sheer amount of people using yahoo to find theatre times, actors names on imdb after watching the movies, etc.

That's why the two superheroes with the best movies last year hold the top two spots.  That's the only reason Hellboy is on the list at all."
Quoted for truth, since most of the people searching for those superheroes (and watching the movies) aren't comic book readers.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SeSAW
Incredible Hulk-Prime said:
"

"
Hey man even I have to admit that Batmans movie killed the Hulks. Even though Hulk wasn't bad, Dark night was the best movie all year period.
capsvibranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By capsvibranium

it's not the popular pick, but i'd take iron man before dark knight.  i think the iron man story (talking about only the movies here...) had a deeper meaning, especially in terms of relevance (statements on the war, etc.)  and dark knight went 45 minutes longer than it should have.  in terms of character development, the way they did two-face was like ordering a steak medium-well and having it served to you raw.  harvey dent is one of the most complex villains in comic history and they brought him in way too late.  should've just left him for the next movie.

and hulk was really good.  we'd be looking at it in a totally different way if it wasn't overshadowed by the almost simultaneous release of the two greatest superhero movies ever...

as for the list, it seems pretty logical.  i guess i am surprised to not see cap up there though.  what with his death (i know, sorta old news), his upcoming movie, and the avengers movie.  thought the dude was getting proper exposure!